Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
:lmao: holy poo poo, that comedic timing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Uh, weren't we supposed to explode?"
"...ah, drat. Oh well, here goes."

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

you get double jump which makes walking across streets less insane, but normally you'll get hit from your blind spot walking across any street (cars just appear so they're always ready to hit you when you look away) about half the time, and you get knocked down status for 3 seconds, it's suckssssss.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i was expecting a T-pose nudity thing and was disappointed.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
that entire thread is killing me

https://twitter.com/Jackymallow/status/1339060167330181121
BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER
https://twitter.com/blades742/status/1339207347856666633

Sestze has a new favorite as of 16:12 on Dec 16, 2020

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Your bike got the zoomies. You should play with it more often.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Is it me or is Cyberpunk 2077 really just a heavily modded GTA V?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

Is it me or is Cyberpunk 2077 really just a heavily modded GTA V?

it's way better, and way worse in different ways. it's more like a farcry clone that never got AI pathing right and is full of bugs.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
It just doesn't look anything different from action/adventure games like GTA or Arkham, etc. Particularly when vehicles are involved. Like, every vehicle video I have seen looks almost indistinguishable from GTA.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Certain angles of Jak and Daxter 2 look like a GTA contemporary to it. I don't think looking like GTA is a very specific characteristic.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

dialhforhero posted:

It just doesn't look anything different from action/adventure games like GTA or Arkham, etc. Particularly when vehicles are involved. Like, every vehicle video I have seen looks almost indistinguishable from GTA.

Deus Ex with cars, more like.

My favorite glitch so far was during a mission brief. The quest giver shoos away the man sitting next to her so you can sit, but his cellphone remained where it was so if I moved the camera it looked like V. is head down in the phone during the briefing. "Yeah, yeah, good idea. I'm on lvl 257 in cyber-Candy Crush though."

The cars are actually kinda neat. The richer areas have many of the same cars as the rest of the city, just in perfect shape. As you go to poorer parts of Night City, they get rustier and have more crap bolted onto them.

A particular stand out are the country gang cars. Heavily modified vehicles with three or four times the power of stock versions. They really look like they belong in the wasteland, every modification seems purposeful.

My favorite is a Nissan 240sx/300zx fastback thing with armor over the windows and synthetic vision to see out. Someone has chopped straight through the front fenders to fit long-travel shocks. Dual exhausts exit straight up from the rear window, belching flame on every shift. Scrawled on the b-pillar in white paint is, "gently caress your family". I like to steal one, take it into the city and act like a total rear end in a top hat in traffic while blaring out distorted hard bass. "Country cousin coming through, Beep Beep!"

madeintaipei has a new favorite as of 17:32 on Dec 16, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

dialhforhero posted:

GTA except it's impossible to drive faster than 15 mph without getting targeted and attacked for traffic law violations, and even then you inevitably bump into someone and start getting shot at anyway

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Is there autodrive? And does your avatar do anything while it is active?

If not, it's an inferior cyberpunk game to Watch Dogs Legion.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
It's neon Skyrim. This is not inherently a bad thing. Cyberpunk seems to have all the technical issues of an elder scrolls and all the jank of an Eastern European rpg in one glorious stupid package. I can't stop playing.

My two favorite glitches are the dead enemies who will not stop taunting you while you murder all their friends, and the girl who is super super good at air guitar.

Of note, not a glitch, but more a 'the more things change...': a guitar-playing bald guy in a saffron robe busking on the street in kabuki was white as the driven snow

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Glitches aside, all the videos with 3rd person driving I've seen look weird, like the vehicles are being rigidly moved over the space. Deadly Premonition driving with CDProjekt graphics is something else.

When driving what does it actually play like?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Glitches aside, all the videos with 3rd person driving I've seen look weird, like the vehicles are being rigidly moved over the space. Deadly Premonition driving with CDProjekt graphics is something else.

rear end :v:

I haven't played much but it's the worst driving I've seen in ages. Very much feels like it was jammed in sometime later in development.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Personally I think the driving is fine, but I also think the driving was fine in GTA4, and I even caught an old post of mine saying the driving in Ghost Recon: Wildlands was okay.

I don't think that anymore, but I question the validity of my driving opinions.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

the driving is way better in CP2077. you don't get launched from your motorcycle for idly clipping things a la gta4/5

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

rear end :v:

I haven't played much but it's the worst driving I've seen in ages. Very much feels like it was jammed in sometime later in development.

Blah.

I would have probably bought it if my new laptop had come before it released, but since it didn't I get to wait until it's patched and half price, and act like I did it this way because I'm smart and have self control.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Whoa, get out of my head. It's not as bad as DP.

The controls suck, but the physics basically work. CoG is modelled but very badly, even the offroad vehicles only have a few inches of travel. Be very light on the throttle and steering in turns or at low speeds, and the vehicle behave as you would expect them to. You have to plan turns in advance and the mini-map is so zoomed in that you don't see your turn until you're past it.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

It's the worst driving I can recall in a game. I don't play many driving games so that isn't saying much but still. You cannot maintain a constant speed. You are always either accelerating or decelerating. It's really weird and annoying and makes it feel gross that in order to maintain, roughly, 30ish km/h you have to pump the gas any time you go under so you're constantly jerking from 25-40ish. Turning is also hurky-jerky but that's more common.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Spek posted:

It's the worst driving I can recall in a game. I don't play many driving games so that isn't saying much but still. You cannot maintain a constant speed. You are always either accelerating or decelerating. It's really weird and annoying and makes it feel gross that in order to maintain, roughly, 30ish km/h you have to pump the gas any time you go under so you're constantly jerking from 25-40ish. Turning is also hurky-jerky but that's more common.
comparing cyberpunk to euro truck simulator 2 seems a bit weak

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...digital throttle? On a controller in 2020?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I forgot it was this thread that I'd posted in before that, but it's a mix of the jankiness with the complaints I mentioned earlier about it just being too easy to careen all over the police and get cops/bystanders shooting at you everywhere you go. I pretty quickly just started running across town to avoid that even before finding any fast travel points.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I don't have much experience with proper driving games but the driving in Cyberpunk seems fine to me, at least on a motorcycle. Though I'm controlling it with a mouse and keyboard so maybe I'm just expecting a certain level of garbage.

(This is not accounting for the times when the laws of physics go on break and I get launched into the sky, which has happened repeatedly.)

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

madeintaipei posted:

My favorite is a Nissan 240sx/300zx fastback thing with armor over the windows and synthetic vision to see out. Someone has chopped straight through the front fenders to fit long-travel shocks. Dual exhausts exit straight up from the rear window, belching flame on every shift. Scrawled on the b-pillar in white paint is, "gently caress your family". I like to steal one, take it into the city and act like a total rear end in a top hat in traffic while blaring out distorted hard bass. "Country cousin coming through, Beep Beep!"

That thing looks like someone looked at African warlord-style Technicals and thought "but what if muscle car?" and then just ran with it. It's kind of amazing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The car designs in this game are pretty badass.

sad that none of the countermeasures work, also that there's no reason to have that because you don't use the car for any combat ever.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://i.imgur.com/3pqJM00.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/Yz7jUeJ.mp4
It's not a glitch per se, but I enjoy GoT's "floaty" approach to handling the player position relative to places they shouldn't be able to navigate. It's easy to get in situations where you're just hovering over the geometry as the game slides you into an acceptable location, and it's always entertaining.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

majestic

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

boat physics in games seem hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Something a bit more sedate than vehicle chaos

https://twitter.com/supscooterr/status/1338813627730575363?s=21

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Remember this classic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Grey Fox posted:

boat physics in games seem hard

That's just how the boats worked before we got steel ships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCLqMuTBFBo

Kennel has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Dec 17, 2020

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

And that's how viking rowboats are made!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It's clearly a viking helicopter.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

"You idiots! It's ROW your boat, not roll! Now we look like morons."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Roll roll roll your boat
Gently 'bove the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
Call the QA team