Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I have a bone to pick with the quest "I fought the law" where you and River meet some ruffians in an alleyway. He tells you to let him "handle it" but all that happens is that he stands there saying nothing while the thugs give me poo poo. They even tell you to jump and if you don't, there will be a fight and River is mad because I didn't let him handle it. THEN HANDLE IT! Hell if I'm gonna let some morons make me jump while you stand there like a totem pole. I expected him to say "hey don't give poo poo to my friend here" but nothing! If you don't jump it's a fight. That was such a weird sequence IMO.

e: Okay, I just realized that the proper way to handle it was to completely stay silent :D I guess the game expectations made me think I _have_ to chime in.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Dec 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bust Rodd posted:

Epic Mk. III healing vapes do not require purple materials to craft but dissemble into purple materials, once you buy recipe from a medical vendor you essentially can convert green and blue items into purple crafting materials and it out needing the talent which is how I’ve been able to craft, curate, and customize every gun in my load out since basically the beginning of act II. I’m pretty sure this works with grenades too but the healing Vape recipe seems way easier to find

shh, don't mention it in the thread. comte's looking!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Palpek posted:

Is there a downside to doing gigs/random enemy encounters lethaly (except for missing out on the crazy 350€ bonuses)?

I've been doing this thing where I choke out enemies and then shoot them in the head because it gives double XP and street cred. Does this influence anything in the long run?

Nope the fixers will complain and then never talk about it again.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
This is a bit sad:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/15/cyberpunk-2077-has-too-many-dildos-will-patch-some-of-them-out/

So, the story, as far as I can tell is:

1. Someone added dildos to the "junk" loot table so they showed up everywhere in the world, in the pre-release version of the game
2. Reviewers, playing the pre-release version, comment that there sure are a lot of dildos
3. Someone realizes "Oh my god, I left loving dildos everywhere!"
4. Loot tables get updated, dildos removed from random loot in the version 1.0.3 Day One Patch
5. Game gets released with a perfectly appropriate amount of dildos and other sex toys in appropriate places
6. Some high level CDPR executive sees the original articles, written based on pre-released code, decides "We need less dildos!"
And soon: 7. Dildos are now nowhere, not even where they are supposed to be, like in sex shops

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

after investing a bit in punching, and gorilla arms, and then running around various cyberdocs i've kinda found the cyberware system pretty disappointing. do vendor items scale with your level? it's kinda bizarre how the damage between my blue gorilla arms and legendary ones is 10% damage, for something that costs $75k more.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Humerus posted:

Is there any "trap" in getting Gorilla Arms on my hacker/pistol/stealth V? I'm not interested in any other arms and I figure it could help me break into places, and maybe help with the cyberpsychos? Are Gorilla Arms non lethal?

You can just shoot the cyberpsychos with regular, lethal guns. It doesn't kill them. I've been fighting them the same way I fight everybody, hacking and shooting them with my lmg or shotgun.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

“We have a no weapons policy here at Clouds. Please place any weapons in our secure locker”

“Sure” I say, searching for my pistol as I accidentally release the 2 foot blades that come out of my forearms.

That's just my neon yoyo and totally not a mono wire.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

“Sure” I say, searching for my pistol as I accidentally release the 2 foot blades that come out of my forearms.

With all the dildos, sex jokes, and golden shower jokes, I'm surprised there isn't any fisting jokes in this game.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

ymgve posted:

This is a bit sad:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/15/cyberpunk-2077-has-too-many-dildos-will-patch-some-of-them-out/

1. Someone added dildos to the "junk" loot table so they showed up everywhere in the world, in the pre-release version of the game
2. Reviewers, playing the pre-release version, comment that there sure are a lot of dildos
4. Loot tables get updated, dildos removed from random loot in the version 1.0.3 Day One Patch
5. Game gets released with a perfectly appropriate amount of dildos and other sex toys in appropriate places
6. Some high level CDPR executive sees the original articles, written based on pre-released code, decides "We need less dildos!"
And soon: 7. Dildos are now nowhere, not even where they are supposed to be, like in sex shops

This is hilarious

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hammerstein posted:

There are a few things, like with the Maelstromers ..... You can meet Royce and his buds again later, during the Totentanz mission, which is among the more light hearted missions and almost worth letting them live
Yeah, if I knew Meredith Stout didn't actually have any additional quests, I would have screwed her over. I heard a spoiler which made me think that there was going to be much more content with her.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ymgve posted:

This is a bit sad:

day one on PlayStation it was dildos galore for me. don't remember the version number, but i'm sure i patched (digital copy)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

TeaJay posted:

I have a bone to pick with the quest "I fought the law" where you and River meet some ruffians in an alleyway. He tells you to let him "handle it" but all that happens is that he stands there saying nothing while the thugs give me poo poo. They even tell you to jump and if you don't, there will be a fight and River is mad because I didn't let him handle it. THEN HANDLE IT! Hell if I'm gonna let some morons make me jump while you stand there like a totem pole. I expected him to say "hey don't give poo poo to my friend here" but nothing! If you don't jump it's a fight. That was such a weird sequence IMO.

e: Okay, I just realized that the proper way to handle it was to completely stay silent :D I guess the game expectations made me think I _have_ to chime in.

Yeah there’s multiple times where not saying anything is another option, and I think pulling your gun out can take some conversations down a new path as well

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

The funny part of the dildo saga is that it seems there are just as many distinct fully modeled dildos as there are junk items you can interact with, even if the loot table is fixed up. Wonder who was given the task of researching and designing the dildos. CDPR you kinky freaks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Cyberpunk 2077 - The day the dildos died

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s crazy because there are so many different models of dildo I would be pretty bummed if all those animation assets just got tanked but yeah there were dildos littering every surface on launch and I was just like “ok this is the future” :cool:

hosed up that they can patch out the dildos but can’t patch in some kind of fix for the expensive jewelry counting as JUNK for the Insta-Frag perk

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
ok this game is pretty fun but a lot of the bugs are pretty :goonsay: immersion breaking. heres my nitpicks

driving in the badlands, you can see cars in the distance but they keep getting culled the closer you get. there are no other cars on the road outside of Night City
falling through the earth multiple times
getting in an enclosed area where you cant get out of it, needing to reload
running over junk in the badlands junkyard and just loving dying
cars handle like absolute dogshit
cops spawn out of nowhere
enemies are grossly overleveled to you or so easy they dont even matter
getting phone calls while you are in quest conversations with other NPCs, so you have a double conversation going on. very annoying
Panam downing the Kangtao AV with an imaginary rocket launcher, then when she gets back in the car she is holding it in her hands and driving

idk its ok though?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Yeah, if I knew Meredith Stout didn't actually have any additional quests, I would have screwed her over. I heard a spoiler which made me think that there was going to be much more content with her.

You can romance her as male character. Also killing the Maelstromers gives you an iconic gun as well as a smart sniper rifle. You can also save Brick, but I don't know if he shows up at the Totentanz instead of Royce. Shame about Boom Boom, the first guy you talk to during the mission, cause he's a cool dude and also returns during Totentanz.

Compared to the Scavs or Tygerclaws the Maelstromers are almost decent people.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 16, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
how do i get higher crafting? is it just breaking down items or crafting them? because it seems random.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The first 2 years of game dev was spent on making a variety of dildos.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how do i get higher crafting? is it just breaking down items or crafting them? because it seems random.

both, and i'm pretty sure it's a consistent amount. crafting higher quality stuff gets you more xp.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Rinkles posted:

day one on PlayStation it was dildos galore for me. don't remember the version number, but i'm sure i patched (digital copy)

Maybe it's platform specific? I've seen maybe one or two dildos outside sex shops and they were in context correct places, not (NSFW) outside V's apartment sitting on the floor like all other junk but I'm playing the Steam version.

I also see Cohh found a "Pipe" junk item earlier, which I also don't remember seeing in my own game.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

All those dildos will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rinkles posted:

both, and i'm pretty sure it's a consistent amount. crafting higher quality stuff gets you more xp.

yeah but i want to unlock grease monkey so i can craft the sword i lost.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

Hammerstein posted:

Compared to the Scavs or Tygerclaws the Maelstromers are almost decent people.

You won't say that if you do some of the side gigs around the northern industrial area.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ymgve posted:

Maybe it's platform specific? I've seen maybe one or two dildos outside sex shops and they were in context correct places, not (NSFW) outside V's apartment sitting on the floor like all other junk but I'm playing the Steam version.

I also see Cohh found a "Pipe" junk item earlier, which I also don't remember seeing in my own game.

i haven't seen many since 1.04

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i really like the gampeplay loop of fuckig around and then doing story missions.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Also the backpack inventory screen is such a cluttered mess with random quest items and quest triggers that are not hidden (like things with no icons or things that look like crumpled up paper wads that have no description or lighters that you use in specific cinematics that you can't sell off as junk).

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Zeta Acosta posted:

i really like the gampeplay loop of fuckig around and then doing story missions.

Yeah i enjoy it alot. Plus the gigs let me flex how baddass i am and it never gets old. I barely put any points into quickhacks and im finding the ai pathing is fine...like enemies will go up ladder to sttack if i have the high ground and stuff. I like the assaults too and its always neat to read the log about how things escalated to that point. Also aimlessy driving around from night city to the badlands while listening to that chill as hell grimes song is a mood.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh baby I got Int to 20 and crafted the legendary Ping quickhack which lets you hack through obstacles and that’s GG for the game I don’t even need to use the cameras anymore.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Oh baby I got Int to 20 and crafted the legendary Ping quickhack which lets you hack through obstacles and that’s GG for the game I don’t even need to use the cameras anymore.

Congrats ur Neo now

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

In the north industrial area, there is warehouse, here

with a free perk point and some rare components.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

PerilPastry posted:

It doesn't actually matter. No matter how stealthy you are during The Heist you will be spotted in the lobby and have to fight your way out. They have an on-rails sequence planned for plot reasons, and there's no avoiding it.

do you mean in the garage? The first time anyone so much as shot a gun in my playthrough was when I made it to the garage and everyone was already shooting delamain, I snuck through everything else and did nonlethal take downs.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
The Reboot Optics daemon (from legendary quickhack) is especially sick, because once you load it in the breach it doesn't take hold right away, it starts uploading the reboot when they see you and not a moment before.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
whats the radio song with grimes and the others? i cant find speaking song, only instrumentals

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I try to listen to the radio but like all the music is trash.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
https://youtu.be/xkkn5px0E_Q

Edit: the radio in general gives me strong gta3 vibes and i love it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Tenzarin posted:

Boo

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

f#a# posted:

AFAIK it's standard (I don't think I bought it from anywhere), but it's uncommon and most uncommons won't display in your list until you hit Crafting level 6.

This page has more, but key quote:

Ahhh!! Thank you. I’m crafting 5 and been looking for this jacket everywhere.....

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

Tenzarin posted:

the HEALTH song is dope. i think its on the Body Heat station?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4flxOo5Ew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

bobz0r posted:

the HEALTH song is dope. i think its on the Body Heat station?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo4flxOo5Ew

Oh poo poo Health got a song in the game?

Also, is the radio super low for anyone else? I got it max and it is still super soft.