Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

The red bull driver program has produced 4 WDCs and 5 different race winners in F1 alone.
It looks rear end right now because 2 different drivers failed when promoted to the top level, leaving quite the gap. You can't just magic into existence more drivers-in-waiting, and it would be a much worse program if they instead had 'spare' of such that they held under contract and let go due to surplus.

It's a better system than waiting for a billionaire to have a failson who played F1 2016 and thought it looked like a fun hobby.

The McLaren driver program has produced 7 WDCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

your friend wicka posted:

Counterpoint: it also produced K-mag and Vandorne

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

the corona quid posted:

Counterpoint: it also produced K-mag and Vandorne

At least KMag got a longer departure video from F1 than The Torpedo and it included KMag telling Hulk to suck his balls

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

My favorite part of Mazepin’s apology is “Ihave to hold myself to a higher standard as a Formula 1 driver and I acknowledge I have let myself and many people down.”

The implication being it’s ok to be a piece of poo poo if you’re not an F1 driver.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Hello, I am checking in to this offseason thread. Just like Haas, I'm a few pages late and the posting won't be good.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Does Meatspin do lines of coke, burnouts in his M3, kart like Luca Corberi and gently caress his sister? Asking for a friend.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

F12021: meatspin good, mazepin bad

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This Dickeater Meatspin seems like a real jerk.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I kind of feel that in terms of engines they should say run any engine you want but it can only produce X amount of carbon emissions over the season and then just see what crazy poo poo people come up with until they find the optimal engine type/solve climate change.

Just give the absolute best that science can offer.

Same for the Olympics they should ban drug testing imo. I want to see a man run a sub 7sec 100m.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

your friend wicka posted:

Not for McLaren!

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Khablam posted:

The red bull driver program has produced 4 WDCs

That doesn’t sound nearly so impressive when you realise it was only one driver who did those 4, who then proceeded to get comprehensively pantsed by the new guy (ARE DAN) immediately after.

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 17, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ROFLBOT posted:

That doesn’t sound nearly so impressive when you realise it was only one driver who did those 4, and then proceeded to get comprehensively pantsed by the new guy (ARE DAN) immediately after.

except your dan probably will never win anything of note lmfao australian trash

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

That doesn’t sound nearly so impressive when you realise it was only one driver who did those 4, and then proceeded to get comprehensively pantsed by the new guy (ARE DAN) immediately after.

who proceeded to get pantsed by a "frogboy"

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

So you're saying the RBR immediately produced another driver who was competitive at the front of the grid?
Seems like this program is very sucky indeed

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
agreed say what you want about max, he's definitely better than mark webber v2

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

The f1 Instagram page posted an updated 2021 drivers list yesterday and pretty much every comment was telling them to bin mazepin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI22-S9iyAw/?igshid=vszfgxvx9plp

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Dictator. posted:

who proceeded to get pantsed by a "frogboy"

The only season frogboy beat dan was when Dan’s car mysteriously became the parts bin special and he dnfked like 9 times

It was at that point that Dan realised he had been subtly RBR #2’ed by Jos/Helmut and wisely decided to gtfo

Racists.

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 17, 2020

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

The only season frogboy beat dan was when Dan’s car mysteriously became the parts bin special and he dnfked like 9 times

Counting all 2018 races were they both finished, Max outscored Dan 8 times (Spain, Canada, France, Singapore, Russia, Japan, Brazil, Abu D.) vs. 3 (Australia, China, Monaco). You could give Silverstone to Ric since Max retired late into the race and technically came 15th, but whatever.

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Dec 17, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

track day bro! posted:

except your dan probably will never win anything of note lmfao australian trash

He beat Max, therefore he will forever be a Good Lad no matter what

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Dictator. posted:

Counting all 2018 races were they both finished, Max outscored Dan 8 times (Spain, Canada, France, Singapore, Russia, Japan, Brazil, Abu D.) vs. 3 (Australia, China, Monaco). You could give Silverstone to Ric since Max retired late into the race and technically came 15th, but whatever.

i guess that’s what happens when you get the crappy car eh

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 17, 2020

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

ROFLBOT posted:

i guess that’s what happens when you get the crappy car eh

yeah, cause f1 teams WANT their drivers who they pay millions for to perform suboptimally.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Season (except for Vietnam) has been confirmed.

2021 Formula 1 calendar
21 March Australia (Melbourne)

28 March Bahrain (Sakhir)

11 April China (Shanghai)

25 April TBC

9 May Spain (Barcelona)

23 May Monaco

6 June Azerbaijan (Baku)

13 June Canada (Montreal)

27 June France (Le Castellet)

4 July Austria (Spielberg)

18 July Britain (Silverstone)

1 August Hungary (Hungaroring)

29 August Belgium (Spa)

5 September Netherlands (Zandvoort)

12 September Italy (Monza)

26 September Russia (Sochi)

3 October Singapore (Marina Bay)

10 October Japan (Suzuka)

24 October USA (Austin)

31 October Mexico (Mexico City)

14 November Brazil (Sao Paulo)

28 November Saudi Arabia (Jeddah)

5 December Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)

Excited personally for the 2nd racism GP on November 28th.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Dictator. posted:

yeah, cause f1 teams WANT their drivers who they pay millions for to perform suboptimally.

*COUGH*ferrari*COUGH*

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Brown Paper Bag posted:

The f1 Instagram page posted an updated 2021 drivers list yesterday and pretty much every comment was telling them to bin mazepin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI22-S9iyAw/?igshid=vszfgxvx9plp

Every haas post is the same way

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

*COUGH*ferrari*COUGH*
I don't know if you're going for stupidest posts of the year, but you're high in the running here.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mazepin's dad is just gonna buy Haas and we're gonna have to deal with his son for years.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Dictator. posted:

Max's only wins came when ric dnf, while every Dan win was when max finished. Sounds like Max can only win when his team mate is either dnf due to rbr being poo poo (Dan) or when rbr fail to get the best out the other driver (albon, gas). I.e. a fraud

Also lol at rbr reliability in that season. Complaining about Merc being op when your car is poo poo and your engine supplier uses cheap wine as lubricant

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

CancerCakes posted:

Max's only wins came when ric dnf, while every Dan win was when max finished. Sounds like Max can only win when his team mate is either dnf due to rbr being poo poo (Dan) or when rbr fail to get the best out the other driver (albon, gas). I.e. a fraud

Also lol at rbr reliability in that season. Complaining about Merc being op when your car is poo poo and your engine supplier uses cheap wine as lubricant

Verstappen still averaged more points per race than Danny if you only look at the races they finished. It's 13.8 vs 13.1 if you count Silverstone as a finish, otherwise it'd be 14.6 points per race.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

CancerCakes posted:

if you only look at #1 spots, then yes both max victories happened in a race where ricc was out. and one of them HAM was also out. Doesn't mean much. Across all races they both finished, on average Max brought home more points.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope Haas get rid of Mazepin but they won’t because they’re cowards.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

ROFLBOT posted:

He beat Max, therefore he will forever be a Good Lad no matter what

are you saying jos is a good lad

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

:eyepop:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:discourse:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:vince:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC about to have another 2 hour meltdown about a Jos mention.

BUCKLE UP!!! ! !

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chills

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

NtotheTC about to have another 2 hour meltdown about a Jos mention.

BUCKLE UP!!! ! !

Posting about posters

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Posting about posters
In the off-season thread, we go one level deeper.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Khablam posted:

I don't know if you're going for stupidest posts of the year, but you're high in the running here.

yeah i mean, when your teammate has a car failure twice in a season, and yours fails 6 times, just unlucky i guess. And then there’s our favourite red team who in the spirit of being non-discriminatory made a poo poo car for *both* of their multi-million-dollar drivers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ROFLBOT posted:

yeah i mean, when your teammate has a car failure twice in a season, and yours fails 6 times, just unlucky i guess. And then there’s our favourite red team who in the spirit of being non-discriminatory made a poo poo car for *both* of their multi-million-dollar drivers
Max's car has failed more than Albon's this year, so do you want to extrapolate your stupid hypothesis further?