Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

DesertIslandHermit posted:

It’s no loving surprise why so many centrists and post-left people like her. She’s actually right-wing as hell.

Do centrists like her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
She's the right's favorite Democrat.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is he the most pathetic one? I think he's the most pathetic one.

without a doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8FWH747HBs

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/Grayman1776/status/1336370750584889346?s=20

how many jpg artifacts is too many jpg artifacts

Bill Cooper was a massive piece of poo poo and gently caress him forever but he spent an entire episode of his show eviscerating Alex Jones and it was glorious.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow, gently caress him for stealing my original character "Ant Hime*"

*: hime means princess

I was honestly expecting this to be an "all according to keikaku" joke.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Bill Cooper was a massive piece of poo poo and gently caress him forever but he spent an entire episode of his show eviscerating Alex Jones and it was glorious.

bill cooper is so weird to look back at now that every right wing nutjob is massively pro-government

obviously, i'm not lionizing him just because he hated the government, just saying that I find it interesting at how prevalent the anti-government reactionary whackadoo was pre-9/11 and how quickly that entire set flipped to outright cop worship

i guess what i'm trying to say is google mkultra and cointelpro an...<line goes dead>

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

brugroffil posted:

Do centrists like her

i ran into a few actual tulsi fans in the wild during the primary and ... i'm not sure i'd call them centrists but they do think of themselves in that way, even if they're really not.

the handful i've been able to talk with in depth basically said that they're normally Republican voters but they like her because she's anti-war (lol i know she's not but she talks a good game) and good on economic stuff. they think of themselves as "centrist" simply because they support policies that don't neatly fit into one party or the other's orthodoxy. that tends to be the media definition of a centrist, so it's hard to argue with that as a self-appellation.

folks here have a definition of "centrist" that is probably more accurate, and would definitely exclude these folks, but taking "centrist" to mean "republican who supports the 'right' democrat" then yeah, she's got at least some support there

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ it's horny, OP.

Azathoth posted:

bill cooper is so weird to look back at now that every right wing nutjob is massively pro-government

obviously, i'm not lionizing him just because he hated the government, just saying that I find it interesting at how prevalent the anti-government reactionary whackadoo was pre-9/11 and how quickly that entire set flipped to outright cop worship

i guess what i'm trying to say is google mkultra and cointelpro an...<line goes dead>

Nah, just wanted to be on the winning/profitable side.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mojo1701a posted:

I was honestly expecting this to be an "all according to keikaku" joke.

i did try to layer that in, yes

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is there a (D) or (R) after the president’s name that explains if a libertarian is prob or anti government.

Watch them become a thing again during the Biden presidency.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
so is anyone else really anxious about rightwingers perpetrating a serious event like okc in the next several months?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rightwingers are already coughing and spitting in each others mouths and the mouths of your retail working family members, like they are deliberately and maliciously responsible for a good fraction of a 9/11 every day

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1337771139943309314?s=21

edit:

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/1337788496162000898?s=21

FCKGW has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Dec 12, 2020

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Kanine posted:

so is anyone else really anxious about rightwingers perpetrating a serious event like okc in the next several months?

Phobophilia posted:

rightwingers are already coughing and spitting in each others mouths and the mouths of your retail working family members, like they are deliberately and maliciously responsible for a good fraction of a 9/11 every day
most anti-lockdown chuds will openly and proudly admit they're doing eugenics

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Kanine posted:

No, but I can tell you I'm concerned about angry and stupid chuds getting honeypotted by the alphabet agencies which would lead to Democrats expanding our national surveillance apparatus (which would probably be supported by more than a few people on this dead gay board)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How could the surveillance apparatus be expanded now? The only recent difference has been some of the nazi shooters getting the sub-90 IQ entrapment treatment that arabs and africans have been getting since 9/11. I guess they could start entrapping DSA members or Chapo fans or something.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How could the surveillance apparatus be expanded now? The only recent difference has been some of the nazi shooters getting the sub-90 IQ entrapment treatment that arabs and africans have been getting since 9/11. I guess they could start entrapping DSA members or Chapo fans or something.

The spectres of antifa and ms-13 haunt America.

As a more serious answer, the death threats that a lot of local pols have been getting (which is concerning, ofc) seems like it could be used as a stepping stone to some kind draconian regulations on what you're allowed to say about people in power. "Free speech zones" but now they're everywhere.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I thought they canceled public tours until the virus was under control

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Sir Tonk posted:

It is under control, dude, it's over

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Sir Tonk posted:

white house superspreading like mayonnaise

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
https://twitter.com/seattleYLF/status/1337822706943873024?s=19
Openly bragging about something that should be shut the gently caress up about or else I'm directly putting the lives of my fellow loyalists in danger, TO OWN THE LIBS!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kanine posted:

i think it depends what you mean by "like okc"

if by that you mean an attack on a government building, i wouldn't rule it out but i don't see that their anger is being directed in that direction. for all the hate against the "deep state", they don't connect that with individual agencies as much as you'd think.

i think the biggest danger is actually a wave of political assassinations from the right wing, and i don't necessarily mean against elected politicians. a *cough* "lone wolf" *cough* attack against a politician, their staff/volunteers, or against some organization with an active local presence like planned parenthood is my biggest fear simply because they don't require the kind of buildup and planning that mcveigh and associates needed to do to pull off what they did. right now, not counting 3 letter agencies doing the "totally not entrapment" thing, the only way to catch someone like this is if they shoot their mouth off, and i think it's only a matter of time until they collectively figure out that this is what's getting people caught and start planning truly in private

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I'm not sure if they are capable of planning in private, talking about their plans is an important part of their ritual, they want to be watched praying so others can see how godly they are.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

miniscule12 posted:

I'm not sure if they are capable of planning in private, talking about their plans is an important part of their ritual, they want to be watched praying so others can see how godly they are.

it is hilariously effective to just go looking for "14" and "88"

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Azathoth posted:

i think the biggest danger is actually a wave of political assassinations from the right wing, and i don't necessarily mean against elected politicians. a *cough* "lone wolf" *cough* attack against a politician, their staff/volunteers, or against some organization with an active local presence like planned parenthood is my biggest fear simply because they don't require the kind of buildup and planning that mcveigh and associates needed to do to pull off what they did.

nazis punch down, not up. They're so bad about constantly shooting themselves in the dick; so for the majority of chuds why would they risk fighting against the government, when they can just continue harassing minorities and murdering women with the support of the state and media?

also, uh... depending on the meaning behind your use of the word "dangerous" here (i.e. individual-death vs state-collapse vs end-of-all-life threat) you've managed to predict a future that looks exactly like the entire history of human strife.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

silentsnack posted:

you've managed to predict a future that looks exactly like the entire history of human strife.
OP is a soothsayer. :dealwithit:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

miniscule12 posted:

talking about their plans is an important part of their ritual, they want to be watched praying so others can see how godly they are.

lol. movies and tv have programmed people to be like this

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
painting gently caress antifa on our asses to own the libs

:nws:

https://twitter.com/thistallawkgirl/status/1337931977069113345?s=21

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dburghart/status/1337925611239587840
https://twitter.com/DRoseTV/status/1337612565468340224

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

staticman posted:

https://twitter.com/seattleYLF/status/1337822706943873024?s=19
Openly bragging about something that should be shut the gently caress up about or else I'm directly putting the lives of my fellow loyalists in danger, TO OWN THE LIBS!

fash aren't much for reflection and are performative as all gently caress so they tell on themselves all the time

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

yes that was it tyvm. i searched twitter for ages for it but all you'll find if you search "daryl davis" on twitter is an infinite number of tweets about how deplatforming or holding racists to account is bad because a guy named daryl davis cures racism by being friends with klan members. i wonder how in on it daryl davis is. does he realize he's the doctor its easy to get a prescription from for white supremacists trying to launder their image? this hilarious article says he helped pay prestons bail which, unless he's getting paid on the side, makes me think he might just be the most naive man on the planet.

i want to give him the benefit of the doubt but the part i can't understand is he participated as a token minority in some of those "free speech" programs when the alt-right was about speaking events at colleges and poo poo. i can imagine being naively manipulated by individuals, but it's hard to believe a thoughtful antiracist wouldn't pick up on how they were being used to legitimize fash poo poo in those circumstances.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

https://i.imgur.com/VN4wUdC.gifv

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/sollenbergerrc/status/1339019699263246337?s=21

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

At this point it would be weird if a felon WASN'T stumbling around in the White House

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

only the best people

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/lebanoname/status/1339293791551950850?s=21

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Remember when the killers of Marielle Franco were found to have been meeting with Bolsonaro just shortly before the murder? And Bolsonaro had a meltdown about it?

Just saying.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 224 days!

it's kinda awkward because the whole west kinda does that and wouldn't mind if he just eased off on the gay people

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
What's this gobbdeygook?
https://humanevents.com/2020/12/14/found-white-americas-lost-moral-authority/ :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

Moral positions can only really be combated with competing moral positions. For instance, advocating explicitly against the left’s intolerance of white America is something that Murray and Hazony could have raised in their complaint about the GOP’s ineptitude—but didn’t. Today, it’s not hyperbole to say that the rhetoric directed towards whites, from sources both top-down and ground-up, is beginning to resemble what French and German Jews endured at the turn of the last century. Without question, it’s something establishment conservatives can and should get much louder about.

I’d love to know what Paul Gottfried (a nazi quoted one paragraph above this who was Richard Spencer’s Ph.D. advisor) thinks about what French and German Jews endured in the last century.

It’s so weird to see an earnest argument from someone who genuinely believes all the insane poo poo the right says about the left. I always thought it was all just cover and everybody knew.