Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rock My Socks! posted:

Just finished the copy of Zelda: Oracle of Ages that I found among my childhood stuff a while back. Really loved it- felt like a proper sequel to Link’s Awakening, similar mechanics but just way bigger and more complex in almost every way. Gotta track down a copy of Seasons now too.

Post your ng+ code

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I fell off Seasons after a couple of dungeons but Ages is sick.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

John Romero posted:

am i allowed to reply lol to this

If you don’t, I will come to your house and take your family away from you.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Beat Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. Fun game, dig the SMW/SMB3 vibes,more fun with peeps, but getting all those Star Coins seems like a chore. Maybe one day I'll get them all and got to the Star World.

Got credit rolls on Hades, and then beat it a 2nd time with some heat, fun game, Arthur aspect is strong, but gun is alot of fun.

Also got one of the endings of World of Horror, as the athletic girl under Ath-Yolazsth, the Towering Eye. Sick game and style. Junjo Ito meets Lovecraft, with MS-DOS look is topnotch.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Finally finished xenoblade chronicles after like nine months. Huge game. I thought it was excellent

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

The Klowner posted:

Post your ng+ code

this thing?

BoastfulVirus
Jun 13, 2013

Donkey Kong Country 2
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE
Travis Strikes Back: No More Heroes
Ape Out
Super Mario 64 (100%)

Lifes been busy but I'm hoping to finish up Persona 4 Golden by the end of the year.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yakuza 3

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice. I'm gonna play your game now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

36) Halo 4 (4P Co-op, Legendary)

horrible game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Evil Eagle posted:

36) Halo 4 (4P Co-op, Legendary)

horrible game

tell us about it :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Disgaea 1 Complete

I freaking love anime spreadsheets.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nox (wizard)

this is a really fun arpg, its like a victor vran prototype from an alternate reality where diablo 2 doesnt become the template for all future arpgs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

alpha protocol. the pc port is super fuckin buggy, but man this is a cool game. the scenario and reactive writing was insanely good, and i cant wait to play through it again in a couple years to see how differently things played out. i feel bad for Mina, i couldnt find where she was being held so she ended up being executed. i guess that meant that since heck was my handler the ending was him ranting about blowing stuff up and killing people, which ws cool. couple of weird things, i feel like on the path i was on i didnt really get an ending with marburg, he just offered me a job, i told him to gently caress off, and that was that. i kind of want to go full antagonist in my last playthrough, see how that goes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Fungah! posted:

alpha protocol. the pc port is super fuckin buggy, but man this is a cool game. the scenario and reactive writing was insanely good, and i cant wait to play through it again in a couple years to see how differently things played out. i feel bad for Mina, i couldnt find where she was being held so she ended up being executed. i guess that meant that since heck was my handler the ending was him ranting about blowing stuff up and killing people, which ws cool. couple of weird things, i feel like on the path i was on i didnt really get an ending with marburg, he just offered me a job, i told him to gently caress off, and that was that. i kind of want to go full antagonist in my last playthrough, see how that goes.

Did you stick to mostly Bauer/Borne dialogue like you were going to?

I loved AP when I first played it and I've been wanting to play through it again for a while now. The setting is so cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fadam posted:

Did you stick to mostly Bauer/Borne dialogue like you were going to?

I loved AP when I first played it and I've been wanting to play through it again for a while now. The setting is so cool.

yeah mostly bourne, i actually threw in some x button dialogue when it was right, mostly with heck. it sucks that the games been kind of swept under the rug, i want a sequel real bad. make it happen, MS

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
39. Super Mario 3D Land (No Assist Items)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

It's difficult to get any sort of satisfying ending with Marburg. It definitely seems like something they use to encourage replays. Same with Albatross, I don't think I ever figured out his deal.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's difficult to get any sort of satisfying ending with Marburg. It definitely seems like something they use to encourage replays. Same with Albatross, I don't think I ever figured out his deal.

i ended up doing a lot wth Albatross, he was my main ally in moscow until he got tortured to death. i think g22 was an older version of alpha protocol that went rogue and he's pretty much their westridge. my guess is that if there'd been a sequel g22 would have been fleshed out some more or been the enemy or something

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
36+ Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Platinum Trophy)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

in my last alpha protocol run i had everyone dragged off to prison and rode off into the sunset with mina, it was wonderful

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

raw danger.
what an insanely sick game. i wish i’d played this game when it came out and i had the free time to beat it like ten times. im gonna play all the other disaster report games too

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet
8) Yoku's Island Express 100%
9) JUMPGRID
10?) Slay the Spire: -- a) sword guy -- b) poison lady
11) Katamari Damacy REROLL
12) SUPERHOT
13) lovely planet 2
14) Amid Evil
15) Supraland (100%)
16) Trackmania 2 Stadium Solo Campaign all gold
17) GADGET: Invention, Travel & Adventure
18) Into The Breach: Normal 2-3-4 islands
19) Portal 2 coop.
20) Black Mesa

21) post void
very sick but very short rogeulite fps. youre constantly losing health and enemies refill it. absolutely insane energy and pace, seizure inducing visuals. fuckin loved it. its only 3 bucks, so i encourage everyone to try it, or at least to consider it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWmSmXWsWpM

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

AC Odyssey + DLC campaigns. I liked Origins but this one felt like more of a mixed bag, everything had too much health, the loot poo poo was out of control, and the whole war thing they hyped up didn’t end up mattering at all because the only difference between Athens and Sparta controlling a territory is if the guards chasing you were wearing blue or red. They were clearly chasing The Witcher 3’s success though and the addition of the dialogue options and branching quest paths was cool and they either hired some better writers or gave the existing ones more support because even though there was a lot of fail Ubisoft writing there was some good stuff too.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD
fun game. i started playing chain of memories after but i don't understand the card stuff and then skyrim came out on gamepass so it's on hold for now.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
chain of memories is nonsense for an hour, and then you get it and its fun for an hour, and then you really get it and its a braindead slog for 18 more hours

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

chain of memories is nonsense for an hour, and then you get it and its fun for an hour, and then you really get it and its a braindead slog for 18 more hours

remember watching in training go through this

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

God of War 3

That ending was insanely dumb

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

31. Stardew Valley. I don't know if there's an ending really but I did all the rec center/joja bundles and the quest things.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Maya Fey posted:

rec center/joja bundles

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

37) Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 - Adventure Mode 219.0%, All 4-Star

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Borderlands 2 on the Switch, my hands hurt a lot

ArfJason posted:

1) Super Mario 3D Land

About 3 levels shy of 100% on this. Think I started this save file in like 2016, really need to wrap it up for 2020

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Donkey Kong Country 3 103%
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (all stages)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
13. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (242 Stars)

15. Sonic Mania Plus (Sonic alone all emeralds, regular clears with Tails, Knuckles, Ray, Mighty and Sonic & Tails)

prolly calling it there. I really hate the special stages and I wanna get back to Tsushima

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Donkey Kong Country 3 103%
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (all stages)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
13. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (242 Stars)

15. Sonic Mania Plus (Sonic alone all emeralds, regular clears with Tails, Knuckles, Ray, Mighty and Sonic & Tails)

prolly calling it there. I really hate the special stages and I wanna get back to Tsushima

Encore mode has 7 new special stages :getin:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i would buy a whole game of the special stages

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
oh yeah encore mode. i guess i should clear that too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

hades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

still heaps to do but with how these games work i feel like theres the initial win and then the one you grind to hours later