Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TASER BALLS
This poll is closed.
TASER BALLS 420 85.89%
TASER BALLS 69 14.11%
Total: 489 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
you can have completely different tastes than someone and still dig each other. I prefer that actually. I was with a girl that was literally me in knowledge of movies and books and music and taste and humor yet her personality I didn't like.

Though, you would think similar interests make similar people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

i want a snyder cut of every classic movie

snyder's citizen kane
snyder's aliens
snyder's ghostbusters

those are all good movies though. there's no need for a snyder cut

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

300 was great

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
snyder cut greasy strangler

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Super Wife Beater 2 Turbo

He was over qualified so they had to pass

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard

Poniard posted:

anyone i would want to date has probably already seen the very small number of movies i give a poo poo about

i wish this was the case for me

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/JDiamond1/status/1339314074308521997

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

his visual composition is striking. that it has absolutely no subtlety to it is irrelevant. if it didn't take skill to do what he does, everyone would do it.

eh it's like how nolan uses time fuckery to make his poo poo seem smart or how tim burton uses johnny depp and helena bonham carter to make his poo poo seem mentally ill

it gets more desperate every time he shits out a movie where he just coasts on what was groundbreaking in 2007

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Synder does good with adaptions but as soon as he starts to deviate from the works he just gets really bad original ideas.

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

CODChimera posted:

300 was great

:hmmyes:

macho as poo poo etc etc

but it knew what it was and im ok with that

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Burkion posted:

He was over qualified so they had to pass

he hosed up the interview because he kept saying Super 2-Wife Beater

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i think my second date with my partner was seeing a black box production of "on the razzle" which is a pretty funny tom stoppard satire and we have been together for years now so that worked out i guess

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

i think my second date with my partner was seeing a black box production of "on the razzle" which is a pretty funny tom stoppard satire and we have been together for years now so that worked out i guess

I understood the beginning and the end of your post

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FAUXTON posted:

eh it's like how nolan uses time fuckery to make his poo poo seem smart or how tim burton uses johnny depp and helena bonham carter to make his poo poo seem mentally ill

it gets more desperate every time he shits out a movie where he just coasts on what was groundbreaking in 2007

tbh coasting on what was groundbreaking in 2007 is basically all of hollywood right now

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
the most innovative high-profile auteur of the post-escalator era is probably Rian Johnson

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
the way that zack snyder has built up a huge fandom is somewhat baffling to me. he's still a b-tier mid-2000s action and horror director to me. remember the dawn of the dead remake and 300? those were hot poo poo back in the days of playing pirated mpegs on an xbox media center setup, but i don't remember anybody viewing them as the work of some singular visionary. somehow justice league has become this crazy magnificent ambersons thing, where a work of pure genius was cruelly sliced to ribbons in the cutting room. his early movies definitely do not inspire that level of fandom

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
my name is mister president and im here to say
i remember sailor in a major way

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Buddykins posted:

its easy when at least one of the movies on your list has only been seen by like 3 people so you can just gatekeep yourself into not dating

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

tbh coasting on what was groundbreaking in 2007 is basically all of hollywood right now

yes and now everyone is dying

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Aglet56 posted:

the way that zack snyder has built up a huge fandom is somewhat baffling to me. he's still a b-tier mid-2000s action and horror director to me. remember the dawn of the dead remake and 300? those were hot poo poo back in the days of playing pirated mpegs on an xbox media center setup, but i don't remember anybody viewing them as the work of some singular visionary. somehow justice league has become this crazy magnificent ambersons thing, where a work of pure genius was cruelly sliced to ribbons in the cutting room. his early movies definitely do not inspire that level of fandom

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

the most innovative high-profile auteur of the post-escalator era is probably Rian Johnson

knives out was not all that interesting

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020
My name is CredulousAtBest. Glenn Greenwald constantly owning me has resulted in my prodromal schizophrenia, so please be polite when you deal with psychotic breaks and kindly nod to my unintelligible tripe.

Buddykins posted:

they are out there friend

youll find them

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Aglet56 posted:

Hes a chud so chuds back him for culture sad reasons

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

rian johnson loving sucks lmfao are you guys serious

last jedi and knives out are dressed up turds

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

daniel craig mangling the inbred hick accent was like the 14th worst part about that movie

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

knives out brought back the mid budget film

, just in time for the film industry to get completely hosed for years lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i liked both dawn of the dead and 300

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

Feldegast42 posted:

Hes a chud so chuds back him for culture sad reasons

wait what

man for gently caress sake

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
this is farta

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Aglet56 posted:

at best it's driven by a perfectly justified MCU backlash and at worst it's driven by a very ugly deep-seated need for validation

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rian johnson is probably gonna remake rocky horror at some point and people will hail it as the dawn of a new era

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Aglet56 posted:

he has the sensibilities of a 14 year old boy and most adult men online also have the sensibilities of a 14 year old boy, so i think it tracks

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

american film outside of the indies is loving dire, probably at its lowest point ever, but luckily you don't have to watch that garbage

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yall take movies very seriously

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
im still mad that redlettermedia didn't do a review of Sorry to Bother You

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

rlm dudes arent.. bad but i feel like they would have their foot in their mouth over race by like minute 5

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

CODChimera posted:

its that and posting

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CODChimera posted:

they're the definitive artform of the past century, so,

CredulousAtBest
Oct 4, 2020

CODChimera posted:

sometimes the movie is worth it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

often i find the rlm video is much better than the actual movie