Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If they have options of like None/Partial/Full that'd be great imo. But I can see how the console release basically demands a full voice option.

EDIT : And yeah, there's some solid replayablity in there. Some of the seams and rails show, but there's also some nice attention to detail. Also some nice moments that are a bit more 'Nice try but no.' Like IIRC if you just refuse to wear pants Kim comments on it in a way that says no-one else is going to talk about it. Nice try player. Now lets play the game.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I hope they expand the Cuno as a partner bit.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Brosnan posted:

I'm actually not that stoked on full voice acting. It was really drawn out and annoying during the Limbic/Reptilian segments, and I appreciated that everywhere else, it's just enough for character flavor while still allowing you to read for yourself. A lot of stuff that's really funny or impactful when you read it isn't that funny when someone says it.

same. can you imagine suffering through a fully voice-acted kortaener

and i'd rather not do the "bear seek seek lest" dance with every single conversation either

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I hope they expand the Cuno as a partner bit.

I was extremely pleased that I made this happen in my playthrough because, before Kim's injury, I had actually gotten Cuno to shun me entirely by first earning his respect, then failing to kill Cunoesse in front of him

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Oxxidation posted:

same. can you imagine suffering through a fully voice-acted kortaener

and i'd rather not do the "bear seek seek lest" dance with every single conversation either

on the other hand, i could see the Majula theme fitting Martinaise

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Only if every character now ends their lines with “Heh heh heh...”

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Really happy to be loving wrongo, hooyeah

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Finished day four.

tribunal went ... Uh. bunch of dead people, Klaasje and Ruby both free in the wind, got shot and no suspects now.

Is there any way to end with no deaths? I lost three Hardy boys and the three mercs + Kim concussed + detective shot in the leg.

Also I started the game bring super whacky but as I've grown more and more attached to Kim and his exhausted support of my idiocy I find myself becoming more sensible and Trying Harder about avoiding drugs and drink and acting sane, and I just unlocked normal copotype before the tribunal.. the mechanic almost became a "look, you're working on your batshit for friendship" gold star moment.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
There is no way to do the Tribunal bloodlessly. You can only minimize the body count. It can end with less deaths then you experienced. The real question is, did you use the tie

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

i am a moron posted:

There is no way to do the Tribunal bloodlessly. You can only minimize the body count. It can end with less deaths then you experienced. The real question is, did you use the tie

the tie???

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
you have much to learn about the ways of disco, friend

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

i am a moron posted:

you have much to learn about the ways of disco, friend

edit: you are just learning the first steps of fever night while you should be stayin' alive

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Disco Elysium: you have much to learn about the ways of disco, friend

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I have like 10 in inland empire but I've definitely never spoken to my tie

... How do I trigger that?!

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

coolusername posted:

Wear the tie

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Well it's too late now, I guess for final cut I'll not swap it out? I was using some other one for better stats most of the time.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

It's super easy to miss the first time through due to the way you handle literally every other piece of clothing.

I'm in a playthrough right now on hardcore and my sweet, sensitive, non-motorics detective can't get the drat thing off the fan and it's the end of day 2.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

coolusername posted:

Edit: nevermind

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Just got in the church on my second playthrough after missing out on the opportunity on my first.

Hey Kim, wanna dance?

Oh.

OH NO.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

coolusername posted:

I think you need to start the game with 4 Inland Empire, so you get the medium passive about how the tie wants to attach itself to your neck and go on adventures with you. Then it'll pipe up when you talk to Garte with Kim, and keep talking to you as long as you leave it on instead of betraying it for some boring scarf.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Breetai posted:

Just got in the church on my second playthrough after missing out on the opportunity on my first.

Hey Kim, wanna dance?

Oh.

OH NO.

:cripes:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

i am a moron posted:

I don't think you can end the tribunal with fewer than three dead Hardies, though. Nock guns mean business.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Breetai posted:

Hey Kim, wanna dance?

Oh.

OH NO.
I tried this check when I had the thought cabinet that failed all red checks until it was done

It definitely loving sucks

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

coolusername posted:

Finished day four.

tribunal went ... Uh. bunch of dead people, Klaasje and Ruby both free in the wind, got shot and no suspects now.

Is there any way to end with no deaths? I lost three Hardy boys and the three mercs + Kim concussed + detective shot in the leg.

Also I started the game bring super whacky but as I've grown more and more attached to Kim and his exhausted support of my idiocy I find myself becoming more sensible and Trying Harder about avoiding drugs and drink and acting sane, and I just unlocked normal copotype before the tribunal.. the mechanic almost became a "look, you're working on your batshit for friendship" gold star moment.

What exactly is a normal coptype? Pls dont tell me you became a sorry cop

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sekenr posted:

What exactly is a normal coptype? Pls dont tell me you became a sorry cop

Boring cop I assume

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I started as a sorry cop then became a boring cop, yeah. I'm a tragedy who keeps accidentally being too sensible.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I somehow didn't even know this was a thing, I thought there was just 3 coptypes. I guess it's slightly better than sorry cop

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Basically I picked too many sensible dialogue choices and drama initiated a convo to change my copotype while telling me how boring I am.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Sekenr posted:

I somehow didn't even know this was a thing, I thought there was just 3 coptypes. I guess it's slightly better than sorry cop

source

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hah, thats pretty good. Who is the leftmost though? Is it supposed to be failcop of some sort?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Hah, thats pretty good. Who is the leftmost though? Is it supposed to be failcop of some sort?

Hobocop

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Hobocop should have a bag

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I hope Half Light speaks the Greek during its Cop Of The Apocalypse thought offering to you, IMO

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I hope they get someone to voice the Fortress Accident Long Number

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

took me too long to realise superstar cop's butt is exposed

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I love how even Boring Cop has the kind ape pen. Harry can only be so normal...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sekenr posted:

he's trying to get one

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Sekenr posted:

He is infact holding up a carrier bag full of bottles. (The hand half-hidden by Boring)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tylana posted:

He is infact holding up a carrier bag full of bottles. (The hand half-hidden by Boring)

Boring cop is holding the bag. Hobocop is stealing the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh, I see. Brain is bad at parsing the image it seems.