Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I have used Good Gifts before. They've got a good range of gifts at various prices.

https://www.goodgifts.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Gravlax sounds like a chocolate you'd get in the chemist by way of a laxative

chemists also do diabeetus chocolate and for a long time it was the only place you could get a flyte bar. I have no idea why the flyte bar ended its chocolate bar life journey in chemist shops but that's just the way it goes i suppose

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Emergency Rations chat:

I just ordered some dried veg from this place: https://www.buywholefoodsonline.co.uk/

Been buying lots of dried beans and herbs from them since the start of lock down. Can confirm that the prices and quality are very good! (Also learned that 1kg of dried mint is alot of mint)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao it's trump listing his successes

https://twitter.com/judeinlondon2/status/1339484873187348481?s=19

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

crispix posted:

Gravlax sounds like a chocolate you'd get in the chemist by way of a laxative

chemists also do diabeetus chocolate and for a long time it was the only place you could get a flyte bar. I have no idea why the flyte bar ended its chocolate bar life journey in chemist shops but that's just the way it goes i suppose

I take it you know gravlax is salmon? (lax / laks / lachs scandinavian/german words for salmon )

Its v expensive so for me it's 1x per year.

Waitrose version:

quote:

Scottish salmon cured in salt, sugar and spices then coated in dill and lemon pepper. With a sachet of mustard and dill sauce
This flavoursome Scottish salmon is cured for six days with salt, sugar and spices and is then dipped in dill and lemon pepper. It comes with a sachet of Swedish-inspired mustard and dill sauce

I remember when I first had a McDonald's in Norway maybe 25 years ago - and McLax burger was much cheaper than a chicken burger, salmon being much cheaper there than in the UK.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I take it you know gravlax is salmon? (lax / laks / lachs scandinavian/german words for salmon )

No i thought were were talking about chocolate :newlol:

I STAND CORRECTED :catstare:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
So Fife is expected to go to T4 this week. Only for it to be temporarily suspended for Christmas week.

How the gently caress does that make sense at all? If you are going to lock down a region loving lock it down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol the king of sweden has had a go at their government sort of

https://twitter.com/peterjukes/status/1339526597095936005?s=19

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

graxlax is awesome.

My dad makes it every year for christmas, it's wonderful with some soda bread.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I did some home made smoked salmon on the bbq for Christmas last year, bits of salmon being loads cheaper than smoked (yes I know gravadlax is cured not smoked). You "brine" the fish in salt and sugar and I stuck juniper berries in as well. Then it's a bit tricky to keep it smoking cool enough to avoid cooking the salmon too much but the result was great.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"Since becoming leader, Keir has shown the Labour Party is under new leadership."

He has indeed. poo poo new leadership.

"He secured a U turn on the NHS surcharge,"

Did he?

"Has taking a zero-tolerance stance on antisemitism,"

- By suspending Jews he disagrees with,
- Didn't the EHRC report specifically condemn Corbyn for getting involved in antisemitism cases?

"Exposed the government's incompetence,"

You can't expose someone walking down the street with their own dick out.

"Helped force a u-turn on exams,"

No, that was the press again, and then the one stance you actually took was trying to force the schools back in the middle of a pandemic

"Committed the next Labour government to a Race Equality Act to tackle structural racism,"

You hear that lads, sir Keith is going to solve racism by making sure there are more black MI5 officers

"Forced two votes to extend free school meals,"

That was Marcus Rashford, you can tell the difference because he doesn't look like a slab of ham wedged into a suit.

"Led calls for a national circuit break"

Which would have done gently caress all while still insisting schools go back and doing nothing to help furloughed workers, you know, the entire loving point of your party

"Closed the gap on the conservatives"

:ughh:

"And begun to climb the mountain to win the next general election."

E L E C T O R A B I L I T Y

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also I assumed gravlax was a wizard.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Dug a photo out and now I am hungry

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I remember when I first had a McDonald's in Norway maybe 25 years ago - and McLax burger was much cheaper than a chicken burger, salmon being much cheaper there than in the UK.

But nearly everything else is much more expensive, of course.

I lived in Oslo for about a year around the turn of the millennium. I do miss reindeer burgers, and the little hotdog stand on Sannergate. :)

(Article's wrong though, the potato pancake, aka lompe, isn't a 'topping' wtf, you wrap it round the sausage in place of a bun)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Lox is interesting in that it seems to be a Proto-Indo-European word that refuses to go away.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also I assumed gravlax was a wizard.

Didn't he invent Dungeons & Dragons?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Keith’s fine achievements

It really reads like an answer to the “what have you achieved this year” section on a personnel review where you’re desperately trying to pad it out.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Sanford posted:

It really reads like an answer to the “what have you achieved this year” section on a personnel review where you’re desperately trying to pad it out.

• Made list

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Bristol, North Somerset, Hereford all moving down a tier but nowhere in the North is. To the surprise of no-one.

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Pistol_Pete posted:

He's lucky to be alive - I looked on the map and it's like, 30 miles across open ocean (and shipping lanes). I didn't know jet skis had that much petrol!

The jet ski had 10mins of fuel left when he arrived here. It was also casually mentioned that he walked from Ramsey to his girlfriends house in Anagh Coar which would have taken hours. They then went out to a crowded nightclub, idiot.

There was a load of people kicking off because we jailed some Yorkshire wielders as well a few months back for ignoring self isolation after arriving. One of them immediately was diagnosed with covid and we had to isolate our prison.

Locking down our boats/airports and jailing idiots has let us have no lockdown of any sort since June.

Currently 4 active cases

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Guavanaut posted:

Lox is interesting in that it seems to be a Proto-Indo-European word that refuses to go away.

Saying it kept the same pronunciation can't be true for all English accents though. I assume he means the o had an ah sort of sound.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1339541300446715904?s=20

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"Forced two votes to extend free school meals,"

That was Marcus Rashford, you can tell the difference because he doesn't look like a slab of ham wedged into a suit.
I remember when people used to post pictures Corbyn protesting apartheid or at the Iraq war protests and the libs would spin it as "I can't believe you're saying that Corbyn was solely responsible for ending apartheid or leading the anti-Iraq war movement".

And then Marcus Rashford, to the obvious notice of everyone, forces a government climb down on free school meals, and Starmer and his followers immediately switch to "Keith single handedly saved all of the beautiful children of Britain".

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Merry Christmas

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

It might be the camera angle but has he put some weight on?

Also, how about you feed some kids from, you know, the government budget you idiot!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Gravlax is fantastic, but may I direct your attention to the wonders of lutefisk? If you weren't sold at "fish soaked in lye", you should try smelling the stuff, it will wake the dead. Which I suppose is sort of Christmassy?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Reminds me that it's just over a year ago when Corbyn was accused of anti-semitism because when asked on tv what he would give Johnson for xmas, he said "a copy of A Christmas Carol".

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Rappaport posted:

Gravlax is fantastic, but may I direct your attention to the wonders of lutefisk? If you weren't sold at "fish soaked in lye", you should try smelling the stuff, it will wake the dead. Which I suppose is sort of Christmassy?

Na, that's easter ;)

Not tried it, it does not appeal. Funnily enough, the Egyptians also have a smelly fish (fesikh or fseekh) usually eaten at Shams Neseem, an ancient spring festival (not a muslim one) - also never tried it. It stinks something chronic.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Vyro Ingo posted:

The jet ski had 10mins of fuel left when he arrived here. It was also casually mentioned that he walked from Ramsey to his girlfriends house in Anagh Coar which would have taken hours. They then went out to a crowded nightclub, idiot.

There was a load of people kicking off because we jailed some Yorkshire wielders as well a few months back for ignoring self isolation after arriving. One of them immediately was diagnosed with covid and we had to isolate our prison.

Locking down our boats/airports and jailing idiots has let us have no lockdown of any sort since June.

Currently 4 active cases

Oh hey, another islander (although I barely count, given I hosed off 20 years ago and never looked back).

And yeah, the Irish Sea in winter is no joke. The Manx ferry company once bought a catamaran that was used to cross the English Channel in the hope that they could speed up the crossing to Liverpool. It got used in winter exactly once, and I was lucky enough to be on it. Looking out of the windows on a ferry and seeing water to the left and sky to the right is quite an experience.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Nice to see the Tories dropping all pretense that they care about poors

The loving audacity of that prick to say "They should be focussing on the worst countries where people are starving"

Yeah? That's the UK right you terracock

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 17, 2020

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Gorn Myson posted:

I remember when people used to post pictures Corbyn protesting apartheid or at the Iraq war protests and the libs would spin it as "I can't believe you're saying that Corbyn was solely responsible for ending apartheid or leading the anti-Iraq war movement".

And then Marcus Rashford, to the obvious notice of everyone, forces a government climb down on free school meals, and Starmer and his followers immediately switch to "Keith single handedly saved all of the beautiful children of Britain".

Can we take a moment to appreciate the gall of Starma, a white man, to claim the success of Rashford, a black man, when replying to a magazine written by women and non-binary people of colour.

Something that I am sure they have written a lot about.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Reminds me that it's just over a year ago when Corbyn was accused of anti-semitism because when asked on tv what he would give Johnson for xmas, he said "a copy of A Christmas Carol".

That was loving amazing. The ultimate guilt by association.

Charles Dickens had written an anti-Semitic character in another book thus you gift is the hight of anti-Semitism.

Guess we removed Dickens from all gcse reading lists after that did we?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobby Deluxe posted:

"And begun to climb the mountain to win the next general election."

E L E C T O R A B I L I T Y

this just makes me think of that "climb the mountain of conflict" bit from In The Loop

sounding like a melt Julie Andrews

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

notaspy posted:

That was loving amazing. The ultimate guilt by association.

Charles Dickens had written an anti-Semitic character in another book thus you gift is the hight of anti-Semitism.

Guess we removed Dickens from all gcse reading lists after that did we?

Yes they were replaced with Nancy Astor biographies.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:fuckoff:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1339558835548254208?s=21

Yeah, nobody's going to be riding in to save us at the last minute.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I'm starting a new business right now and I'm terrified to offer sales to EU countries because I don't have the faintest idea what I'm supposed to do or how to do it with Brexit.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Lord of the Llamas posted:

what I'm supposed to do or how to do it with Brexit.

You need to GET READY!!
-the government

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

I'm starting a new business right now and I'm terrified to offer sales to EU countries because I don't have the faintest idea what I'm supposed to do or how to do it with Brexit.

Same for my small business. We send a few items to Ireland and only occasionally further afield. I have no idea if I'm supposed to declare anything or.. ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Biggus Dickus posted:

Same for my small business. We send a few items to Ireland and only occasionally further afield. I have no idea if I'm supposed to declare anything or.. ?