Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

All I'm saying is, picture Matt Berry yelling "by the hoary hosts of hoggoth" and then try to ever see anyone else as right for it ever again

"Yes I can hear you Baron Mordo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

If they bring him back then Warpath has literally no reason to exist. Like, he only joined up to honor his bros legacy.

they can bring back John Proudstar without making James completely irrelevant, especially considering he's now a character with 30 years of history compared to John, who was in 2 issues and then died.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Also, there's like 4 wolverines

Edit: Also James has been around for 36 years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
James has barely ever been given any depth, they bring back a character with an identical power set and appearance and then what?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

James has barely ever been given any depth, they bring back a character with an identical power set and appearance and then what?

I really don't know how old anyone is supposed to be anymore (and neither does anyone else) but it'd be funny if James is now bigger than his older brother.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

and then you still have the character relationships that he's built over 36 years of being in New Mutants and X-Force comics?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
If there's one thing the history of comics has established, it's that there's only room for one character with super-strength and heightened endurance.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

I think he was pretty neat in the original X-Force and just today I've spoken to a bunch of people who are fans of him. It's ok to have a brother, in fact I recommend it, although granted my brother and I have very different powersets unlike the Proudstar boys (he can dunk a basketball, I have a sixth sense that tells me when a dog is about to pee on something important).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My brother is a loving prick so I am likely projecting.

Alaois posted:

and then you still have the character relationships that he's built over 36 years of being in New Mutants and X-Force comics?

And those are? His obsessive pining over Siren and.....?

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

John was on The Gifted, so it's not like he hasn't been alive in any recent media. I dunno how many people actually watched that show though.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Retro Futurist posted:

All I'm saying is, picture Matt Berry yelling "by the hoary hosts of hoggoth" and then try to ever see anyone else as right for it ever again

I need this in my life.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Woebin posted:

John was on The Gifted, so it's not like he hasn't been alive in any recent media. I dunno how many people actually watched that show though.

I watched it and totally forgot it existed until you mentioned it.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Skwirl posted:

Also, there's like 4 wolverines

But only one of them is the true wolverine. Jonathan

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
power set overlap among fighty mutants doesn't matter much right now. bring in a dead character if there is an interesting story to write with them, or else just assume they are stuck in the queue or alive just off panel.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I've always thought that Vincent Price was the original Doctor Strange- Mid-Atlantic accent, oily weirdo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
John Proudstar probably sucks worse than Alex Summers.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh, you prick.

"Unhand me, Dormammu!!!"

*extended slapsie fight

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Reed loving Richards...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I've always thought that Vincent Price was the original Doctor Strange- Mid-Atlantic accent, oily weirdo.

This is a really good match

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Strange was Vincent Price and Stark was Howard Hughes.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Saoshyant posted:

New Mutants (2020) #14
in which Warpath gets no respect

"Your costume is so lame, Warpath! Not like me, Magik, and my totally normal hair dealies."

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Magik's haircut has remained more or less in fashion for almost 35 years so step off bub.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Nilbop posted:

"Your costume is so lame, Warpath! Not like me, Magik, and my totally normal hair dealies."
I like the idea of heroes just going "you know, these skintight bodysuits are great for covers and posing, but there's a reason most people wear comfier stuff most of the time. Ill just make it out of the magical rip-proof stuff we all use anyway to avoid accidental adult ratings"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I like the idea of heroes just going "you know, these skintight bodysuits are great for covers and posing, but there's a reason most people wear comfier stuff most of the time. Ill just make it out of the magical rip-proof stuff we all use anyway to avoid accidental adult ratings"

There's actually like a bunch of panels from the later Claremont era having random characters talk about how protective the new Jim Lee designed outfits are, despite clinging to every crevice on their body.

Same arc as when Jean Grey was briefly a tentacle monstrosity with no mouth IIRC

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Skwirl posted:

was briefly a tentacle monstrosity with no mouth
Who hasn't been there before breakfast coffee

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Who hasn't been there before breakfast coffee

You will find my mouth quite active if you talk to me before coffee.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Alaois posted:

they can bring back John Proudstar without making James completely irrelevant, especially considering he's now a character with 30 years of history compared to John, who was in 2 issues and then died.

It's only when you posted that the Proudstars are basically the Belushi's of the X-Men.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Kitty Pryde only recently got a costume that looks good.
It's generally weird that comic book artists are so bad at designing clothes considering it's such an important part.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Skwirl posted:

You will find my mouth quite active if you talk to me before coffee.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Alhazred posted:

It's generally weird that comic book artists are so bad at designing clothes considering it's such an important part.
Well with Kitty Kate, wasn't it usually that she designed her own costumes and they were kind of intentionally bad?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Woebin posted:

Well with Kitty Kate, wasn't it usually that she designed her own costumes and they were kind of intentionally bad?

Same with her constant name-changes, I think.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Elissimpark posted:

Oh, you prick.

"Unhand me, Dormammu!!!"

*extended slapsie fight

This would also lead to the potential that Garth Merenghi's Darkplace was Doctor Strange's original hospital. And the accident that ruined his career? "Not my fault, monkey bastard hands!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DigitalRaven posted:

This would also lead to the potential that Garth Merenghi's Darkplace was Doctor Strange's original hospital. And the accident that ruined his career? "Not my fault, monkey bastard hands!"

(Dr. Strange talking to Tony Stark.) I hear that you and Captain America used to be....buddies. Weren't you?

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

SimonChris posted:

Asterix in Switzerland.

I was so dissapointed when I grew up and learned that real orgies are nothing like this.

Man, when I was about six or seven years old, a kid told me about orgies, and the way he described them was exactly like this, complete with the whippings for dropping bread in the fondue. I’ve spent my entire adult life wondering where on earth he got that idea... and now I know.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The Question IRL posted:

(Dr. Strange talking to Tony Stark.) I hear that you and Captain America used to be....buddies. Weren't you?

*demon runs at Dr. Strange*

Dr. Strange: *draws gun* suck on that! *blam blam*

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Dr Strange: Does a monk named Natasha work here? I called earlier about the Wicked Wand of Watoomb...
Temple orderly: I can really only answer questions relating to items we are currently stealing or here in the temple...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alhazred posted:

She's had good costumes in the past. Her blue ninja costume was good. The couple that were basically just variations on the standard X-Men uniform have been good (and this pirate costume is based on that!)

As far as bringing back Thunderbird, I think there's some interesting stories that can be told with him coming back and being a fish out of water and finding his brother lived a whole bunch of experiences that could have been his.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

New Mutants (2020) #14
in which Warpath gets no respect

Just to be clear, they are making fun of his shorts right? I am distance runner so I am used to guys wearing shorts like that :shurg:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Black Cat #2 (2019)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man, I just looove the faces of everyone in this book

Black Cat #3 (2019)