Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

alg posted:

What happens if you go to Battle Pass and press R

Absolutely nothing at all :( Didn't respond or change or even laugh at me.

I clicked about like an impatient idiot and accidentally hit the battle pass for 1000 points. It then gave me the season pass AND all the battle skips I was due from the pre-order. Apparently I will still have a season pass token which should work for next time.

Humph. So, nothing lost at least.

Thank god I didn't rage click the expensive version and pay for the skips again. Me dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The update broke ranks which is kinda funny. I'm glad I was extremely low level P1.

Shame they didn't even try to fix matchmaking as I have been both the victor of and stomped in 100-<60 matches all night.

It's better than MW by a lot imo, but god the matchmaking absolutely blows. I'm glad prop hunt is back because at least there games are chill.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
lol at the new super easy to do glitch to become invisible in warzone

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have a question about space and how these apps play together on ps4. I'm trying to save room and want to at least get rid of modern warfare. Right now I have the cold war and modern warfare both on my hd. When I wanna play warzone it automatically switches to Modern Warfare which is automatically installed. When I go to cold war is switches to just the cold war but both games have all 3 options. Is there no way to consolidate them all in one? All together it's taking up most 400 gigs.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I have a question about space and how these apps play together on ps4. I'm trying to save room and want to at least get rid of modern warfare. Right now I have the cold war and modern warfare both on my hd. When I wanna play warzone it automatically switches to Modern Warfare which is automatically installed. When I go to cold war is switches to just the cold war but both games have all 3 options. Is there no way to consolidate them all in one? All together it's taking up most 400 gigs.

I'd you're only planning to play CW mp then you can delete MW MP and campaign. Warzone needs MW warzone

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
How do I delete the MP parts?

Also the modern warfare application has all of the cold war stuff in it but it still makes me close it out and open the cold war app with all of the same cold war stuff in it?

RenegadeStyle1 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 17, 2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How do I delete the MP parts?

Also the modern warfare application has all of the cold war stuff in it but it still makes me close it out and open the cold war app with all of the same cold war stuff in it?

Yeah they merged the launchers. Lemme see if I can sort it out

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Hmm my launchers aren't merged. I have one launcher that does modern warfare and warzone and another launcher that does cold war.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Which one of you in this thread with the LLJK tag was on the wrong end of our goon stack tonight? We tried communicating with you entirely through death mics.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Stupid PS5 question. I have CW installed and want to install Warzone but do not want anything MW. When I go to the store and go to download Warzone it takes me to the MW install. I go into where you can choose what parts to download there is nothing for Warzone, only the campaign and the billion multiplayer parts of MW. Nothing says Warzone. What the hell do I download?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Whoever made The Pines, I should kiss you or kill you. On one end, fun map to slink round in. On the other, literally everyone goes to the overlook past C(arcade) since it has a good sight on the pathway to A (food court). Legit just why have every other bit of map if everyone's gonna fight for the camp spot.

As an aside, I just want Warzone on PS4 despite having the disc for MW2019. The gently caress do I do there since it's asking for the full 89 GB download and just no I only want Warzone.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Played the rebirth event map with friends last night and second game we were in 2nd place, plenty of gear, and only 1 other guy alive. We were holding up on the top floor of one of the buildings with no one around, watching the only staircase up when we all die one by one. No steps heard, no tracers, nothing but the damage effect sounds when we got hit and my last buddy got melee'd to death.

Fucker was invisible, straight up no character model, not generating sounds (as the final kill cam showed him sprinting around my buddy smacking him), no tracers being shown when he shot. And on the off chance this was just an odd glitch for my buddy, or even less likely just the 3 of us, the "winning team" cinematic showed him has being invisible and everyone else in the lobby was calling him out too.

loving ruined a pretty good night.

Never seen a full invisibility cheat before.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Crain posted:

Played the rebirth event map with friends last night and second game we were in 2nd place, plenty of gear, and only 1 other guy alive. We were holding up on the top floor of one of the buildings with no one around, watching the only staircase up when we all die one by one. No steps heard, no tracers, nothing but the damage effect sounds when we got hit and my last buddy got melee'd to death.

Fucker was invisible, straight up no character model, not generating sounds (as the final kill cam showed him sprinting around my buddy smacking him), no tracers being shown when he shot. And on the off chance this was just an odd glitch for my buddy, or even less likely just the 3 of us, the "winning team" cinematic showed him has being invisible and everyone else in the lobby was calling him out too.

loving ruined a pretty good night.

Never seen a full invisibility cheat before.

It’s apparently not a cheat, but an easy to accomplish bug that’s popped up since the last patch. Saw people complaining about it in on Twitter so I assumed that’s what the second patch took care of yesterday but I guess they were just adding support for the MLG skins.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

V for Vegans posted:

It’s apparently not a cheat, but an easy to accomplish bug that’s popped up since the last patch. Saw people complaining about it in on Twitter so I assumed that’s what the second patch took care of yesterday but I guess they were just adding support for the MLG skins.

yeah nah we were playing like 9pm eastern time. Still happening I guess.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Rebirth Island but everybody is using the invisibility glitch would be a trip

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Is there a pc discord for CW? I just wanna shoot some 12 year olds with some buds.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I went invisible with just a little outline in prop hunt last night. Is that normal, or a bug?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I went invisible with just a little outline in prop hunt last night. Is that normal, or a bug?

I think its the button you can press to see through yourself

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Did nobody buy this poo poo on PC? I’m lucky if I see one pc player every other game or so. Doesn’t matter what playlist I pick.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah PC players are pretty rare in my experience. I’m usually the only one in the lobby with the blizzard/mouse icons. I mostly only play partied up with Xbox one players though so I’m not sure if this affects it

Also, I want to say that they had drat well better keep the prop hunt playlist in forever because it may very well be the best game mode in the whole thing.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah PC players are pretty rare in my experience. I’m usually the only one in the lobby with the blizzard/mouse icons. I mostly only play partied up with Xbox one players though so I’m not sure if this affects it

Also, I want to say that they had drat well better keep the prop hunt playlist in forever because it may very well be the best game mode in the whole thing.

Seriously. I have never laughed at this game so hard than spectating a gigantic candy cane stealth around behind 3 other people hiding from place to place - or suddenly seeing a toy soldier make a break for cover and hare it across Nuketown. Ridiculous and brilliant.

Also so sorry to all the chickens I shot unnecessarily in Cartel.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

More games should have a prop hunt mode imo.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I found out this has prop hunt and I'm about to buy it and I am not happy that MW couldn't do this for me

Also bring back leprechauns

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ClydeFrog posted:

Seriously. I have never laughed at this game so hard than spectating a gigantic candy cane stealth around behind 3 other people hiding from place to place - or suddenly seeing a toy soldier make a break for cover and hare it across Nuketown. Ridiculous and brilliant.

Also so sorry to all the chickens I shot unnecessarily in Cartel.

I love that the hit boxes for the models are fairly accurate to the thing you're disguised as. On a game at mall I was a ladder and got found out by pretty much the whole enemy team, but all the holes in the ladder and the gaps between the legs meant it was hard enough to hit me that I just went full Tasmanian Devil hopping and spinning after flipping my mouse to max DPI. I wasted their time for drat near 30 seconds while them all shooting me (even with them tossing stuns I was spinning fast enough and they sucked at shooting too).

Best loving time I've had in COD in awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54SvkgQ04A

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

Ok now I really want to be a ladder.

It's nice to have a mode where you're literally signing up to laugh stupidly for a few rounds and chill out, especially after getting turned into no scope Swiss cheese.

How watching a rocking horse shuffle about hiding on top of a bunk bed can be so funny I just don't know. Clearly I have a very sophisticated sense of humour.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

It's great when you're a seeker and chasing some loving stack of tires and they panic change to try and get away only to turn into a giant rear end fence model and instantly evaporate cause their hitbox is bigger than the bullet spread.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I wound up as a janitors bucket last night and it was awesome because my hitbox was so tiny the other team couldn’t really hit me. I got discovered and ran around for a solid minute or so before the other team finally plinked me to death. They had to rally the whole team around me

My friend got placed as a fence post and was able to perfectly line himself up on a fence and even though the other team stunned him and knew he was somewhere around, they couldn’t find him

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I got a snowman on Nuketown last night and somehow I was the last one alive.

A good spot as a present is the top of the indoor stairs in the shadow. Takes people a long time to check there for whatever reason.

Prop hunt is the best.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sadly cheats still work and ruin the game way too fast.

Got a kill cam of a dude who just locked onto me from a couple rooms away and just strafed back and forth till I was in sight :(

Only one out a bunch of games tho so far.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Dec. 18 at 10AM PT through Dec. 21 at 10AM PT: Double XP & Double Weapon XP will be live in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War on all platforms
Dec. 22 at 10AM PT through Dec. 28 at 10AM PT: Double Battle Pass XP will be live in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War MP on all platforms
Dec. 25 at 10AM PT through Dec. 28 at 10AM PT: Double Battle Pass XP will be live in both Black Ops Cold War & Warzone on all platforms

https://charlieintel.com/black-ops-cold-war-mp-free-access-weekend-dec-17-24/73505/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Yo how the gently caress do you report cheating on kill cam on this jank as gently caress game?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Interesting design choice to add rogues

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
MP is free starting today for a week or so if you want to come chill and shootmans! Prop hunt next week free for shootbuckets.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BaronVanAwesome posted:

MP is free starting today for a week or so if you want to come chill and shootmans! Prop hunt next week free for shootbuckets.

free for CW or MW?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Is this on PC or PS5? If on PS5 what exactly do I need to download?

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

verbal enema posted:

free for CW or MW?

Cold War!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is this on PC or PS5? If on PS5 what exactly do I need to download?

I'm on PC, but it mentions Playstation getting an extra double xp for today in the blog post so it seems both console and PC.

https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2020/12/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-free-trial

PlayStation: Open up Call of Duty: Warzone, go the Store tab, scroll to Franchise Store, and you should see the Free Access option there. It’s rolling out slowly worldwide.

Xbox: Visit the Xbox Store on your console and search for “Black Ops Cold War Free Access” and download to play.

PC: Access via Blizzard Battle.net app. Go to the BLACK OPS tab, and there will be an option for “Try for Free.” This will begin the installation of the game.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Better turn crossplay off for the free CW time so I don’t have to deal with aim botters from PC.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

V for Vegans posted:

Better turn crossplay off for the free CW time so I don’t have to deal with aim botters from PC.

But then you couldn't play with me!!!!

I hope that needing to tie to a BNET account makes it a little less rampant, but I've so far only seen cheaters twice so far - most cheats tend to go towards Warzone these days

Prowler
May 24, 2004

BaronVanAwesome posted:

But then you couldn't play with me!!!!

I hope that needing to tie to a BNET account makes it a little less rampant, but I've so far only seen cheaters twice so far - most cheats tend to go towards Warzone these days

I cannot say I have ever encountered a person obviously using an aimbot or wall hacks. I assume they mostly stick to game modes with more people in them so they don't get caught as easily (i.e. combined arms, fireteam).

I have encountered people using in-game exploits, though. Like putting field mics into geometry in a way that they cannot be destroyed, existing underneath the map (maybe a killcam glitch?), etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

in MW and CW I've never seen an aimbotter, but I'm garbage tier