Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol I was thinking of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

holy poo poo 28 and he died of a heart attack 5 days before his birthday

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Alaois posted:

holy poo poo 28 and he died of a heart attack 5 days before his birthday

RIP wheez

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

drat it feels like yesterday he was still playing for the Ravens, this sucks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No one should watch TNF tonight btw

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

a neat cape posted:

I respect Special Teams too much to watch.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

The uniforms involved should be pretty good. That's enough for me.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

a neat cape posted:

Watch Battlebots instead

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Seems like a great time to open a restaurant 🤔

https://mobile.twitter.com/sarahbarshop/status/1339348817666338818

Don’t read the comments please

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

a neat cape posted:

Too late, the wings were ordered and should arrive around kickoff.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
unleash the full power and might of the united states military on the six states comprising the area known as "new england" until it is a smoldering heap of ash and death

https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/1339528277468200960

some dumbfuck posted:

Maybe it’s the foot of snow outside my window here in Massachusetts that won’t let me move on. But Tom Brady’s recent declaration that you “won’t catch me dead living in the Northeast anymore” is still bothering me.

That was a Brady bomb last week, a direct shot across the New England bow from the new pirate captain. From a guy who wasn’t just one of us, but rather the embodiment of what a Northeasterner should be: Tough, hard-working, generous and loyal. Principled and courageous with a knack for modesty. For 20 years, Brady was the chiseled face of six New England states.

But the real Tom Brady has revealed himself in 2020, and he’s not the guy we thought he was.

Brady has made his choices this year, and they read as a short-cut manifesto: Individual glory over dynastic team loyalty. A dream team over a hard-work retool. Florida sun over New England character and passion.

This is not the pick-199 that rose above any and all obstacles in his way en route to six Lombardi trophies. This is a guy who has decided to take the easy way out.

And Brady’s now made it clear he’s not above taking shots at his old way of life, at the very fabric of the place that cultivated and nurtured his unprecedented 20-years of football success.

Sure, our weather stinks. We all know this. But in the words of the great Chris Rock, “Rich people can’t talk about poor people. That’s just mean. Like, ‘Look at these broke bastards! Perhaps we should raise the prices so we don’t have to see these people again! Is that a Hyundai? With cloth interior?’ Yeah, man, you’ve got to watch what you say.”

Brady’s jab at our weather was more than just mean, it was a from-the-heart moment that revealed he’s glad to be gone, and that he doesn’t remember his time here very fondly. A week later, he hasn’t even bothered to craft a token apology for having his words taken out of context. No, Brady doesn’t care about us. Worse, he probably regrets us.

There is no other conclusion to draw from that unnecessary musket fired back at Patriots Nation. It was far more than a passing comment on the weather, it was a thumbing of the nose to any and all New England naysayers who have dared critique his departure without the undying and unconditional love and affection he feels he’s earned.

This comment came, by the way, during the same week TMZ reported on Brady’s purchase of a new multi-million dollar yacht ‘Viva a Vida,’ Page Six reported that he’s purchased a $17 million dollar “tear-down” on ‘Billionaire Bunker’ Island in Miami’s Biscayne Bay, and the Small Business Administration announced that Tom’s company TB12 had received $960,855 in a Paycheck Protection Program load from the federal government.

Boy, the pandemic has hit Brady hard.

Is this who Brady really is? A tone-deaf, bitter guy whose new life revolves around dining with new neighbors Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner while they giggle at avoiding state income tax? Stepping over the some 50% of small businesses lying in the street who applied for but were denied PPP assistance? A boastful buffoon who chews out his new teammates on the sideline week after week as they give the thousand-mile stare on the bench?

Call me crazy, I think the fans here wallowing in this Northeast - apparently unworthy for even Tom’s dead body - treated him pretty well over the years. If you consider worship and toe-licking good treatment, that is. Maybe Brady wanted more.

Yes, Brady is winning the 2020 football scoreboard vs. his old haunts, with Tompa Bay’s 8-5 and playoff-bound record dwarfing the Pats’ 6-7 season of purgatory. That - and the reality that if Brady had stayed in Foxboro the Patriots record would be at least two-wins better - make every spiteful move Brady makes in paradise sting all the more.

Brady could have stayed and completed the race, tougher though the final few miles may have been. It would have been a real-life Hollywood script, a near-perfect run from obscurity to the penthouse, capped off with an arm-in-arm walk into the sunset of Brady’s twilight years alongside Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick and just about every man, woman and child from Millenocket to Middletown.

Instead, it’s devolved into a bizarre divorce with Brady in pewter taking jabs from the tropics.

Words matter, especially so from those considered family. So please, watch what you say as you ‘Viva a Vida,’ Tom, from every Tom, Dick and Harry left here in the land of the miserable. Cheer up our blue Christmas and send us one of those new custom Brady license plates to remember you by. And every once in a while, maybe stop and think about those poor souls you’ve left behind and say something nice about your hard time spent back here in the graveyard.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't want to live here either

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

What an embarrassing thing to write.

:qq: why football man no live in cold????? :qq:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I like the snow. :unsmith:

But gently caress Tom Brady regardless.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

I don't want to live here either

Same

(nice miata too)

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Is Keenan playing?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Spoeank posted:

unleash the full power and might of the united states military on the six states comprising the area known as "new england" until it is a smoldering heap of ash and death

I hate whoever wrote this article but I still hate tom brady more.

Quiet Feet posted:

I like the snow. :unsmith:

But gently caress Tom Brady regardless.

I also like the snow, but I live in a place that sees snow once every pandemic so I'm biased.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Guze posted:

What an embarrassing thing to write.

:qq: why football man no live in cold????? :qq:
It's especially funny because it's so on-brand for a well-off New Englander to gently caress off to Florida.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Is Keenan playing?

It is a mystery

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

really queer Christmas posted:

I hate whoever wrote this article but I still hate tom brady more.

I also like the snow, but I live in a place that sees snow once every pandemic so I'm biased.

I'm in Mass and get snow several times a year but get Tom Brady every loving day. On the other hand if Tom Brady were reduced to small flakes and distributed in a thin layer across several hundred miles of the earth I think I could get behind that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

gently caress Tom Brady and if he'd rather live in Central Florida than a place where it might snow more than fine by me.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Imagine being so broken that a one-off diss of your beloved home region by someone you have zero personal connection to other than "used to play for my football team" makes you extremely mad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

either you get pisssed off or pissed on!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
The biggest fair-weather fan in New England over the last 20 years was... Tom Brady.

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Cold weather rocks. Not sweating rocks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hot Diggity! posted:

Cold weather rocks. Not sweating rocks.

Sometimes I think the term "Stockholm Syndrome" has more to do with weather than hostages

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

gently caress Tom Brady and if he'd rather live in Central Florida than a place where it might snow more than fine by me.

Did you read the article or no bc he lives on the ocean in Miami, in an insanely wealthy part of an already wealthy area called Biscayne Bay. Where other wealthy people from New York Connecticut and Boston all move after they can. And Miami isn’t central Florida. Neither is Tampa where he plays.

How are people whatsoever surprised by Tom Brady wanting to live in a warm climate? He’d probably pick cali if they didn’t have such high taxes

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 17, 2020

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
If I didn't have so may ties to Pittsburgh, I'd maybe move somewhere where it doesn't get cold too

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I'm sad because its like -4C(26F) right now but we have no snow

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Cold weather is all right but does get old in the coldest parts of winter.

Living in a place that has no dangerous insects or snakes rules though.

*remembers ehuds black widow experience*

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The cold is fine, it getting dark at 4 PM isn't

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Agreed, but my naps have gotten real good.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Illinoisan for all my life and I hate the snow, I'd gladly take Florida weather if it wasn't accompanied by the rest of Florida

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tom Brady open mouth kisses young boys and cheats at football. His preference in climate is probably not the big factor here.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Winter is the best.

Southern California Winter

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

The cold is fine, it getting dark at 4 PM isn't

I like having more night. It is less time for people to gaze upon my form.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I moved from New England to the PNW & IMO it's one of the best decisions of my life. It's still (relatively) cold in the winter but at least I don't have to deal with snow.

I remember back when I worked retail in MA my manager was surprised I was complaining about the cold & snow as I grew up in New England. "You should be used to this!" She said. "Yeah, I got used to it." I responded. "A boxer also gets used to being punched in the face, but they don't like the experience either."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

“Let them fight.”
“gently caress Brady.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tom brady is a piece of poo poo, i agree