Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Splat
Vampire
Werewolf
Mage
Changeling
Promethean
Demon
Hunter
Sin Eater
Deviant
Mummy lol
beast?!
Goku
View Results

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Ferrinus posted:

Wait, oWoD Dracula can finally turn into a bat?
Yeah, it makes their clan Disciplines Animalism, Dominate, and Protean. The full Lugosi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Still sad the Setites are called the Ministery now. It isn't awful... But it isn't good either. V5 is mostly annoying because of the clans being spread around the books, but putting the rest of them out in one place is a step in the right direction m

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yeah, it makes their clan Disciplines Animalism, Dominate, and Protean. The full Lugosi.

I do wish they hadn't gotten Dominate. I liked that the Tzimisce ruled through fear (they control the land, hear and see everything and can turn your ribcage into a xylophone) without the Dominate fallback. I guess it's fine but I felt that was a nice touch.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Still sad the Setites are called the Ministery now. It isn't awful... But it isn't good either. V5 is mostly annoying because of the clans being spread around the books, but putting the rest of them out in one place is a step in the right direction m

I like them rebranding as the Ministry is exactly like IRL cults that become maligned and change their name to get around the bad press. They also claim they're not crazy Set cultists, there's a general cult for that now, but they are 100% Set cultists.

I really like the vampire cults and how they change the political/social dynamic for vampires.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Kinda wish we had at least one loresheet for each of the new clans, but between the like 5 books with loresheets all over them it's not a huge deal.

Also clan coterie merits are loving cool as hell and a really neat way to encourage you to use your dots to help your coterie rather than just making yourself a superhero

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Dawgstar posted:

I do wish they hadn't gotten Dominate. I liked that the Tzimisce ruled through fear (they control the land, hear and see everything and can turn your ribcage into a xylophone) without the Dominate fallback. I guess it's fine but I felt that was a nice touch.

The old Clan Tzmisce had dominate though, so it's not totally unflavourful.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
My V5 vampire was caught stealing copper wire from an abandoned construction site and now has a court date set for morning time. Obviously I can't make it because it's day time.

Any good ideas how I can get out of this?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

My V5 vampire was caught stealing copper wire from an abandoned construction site and now has a court date set for morning time. Obviously I can't make it because it's day time.

Hire a lawyer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
call in a favor with someone who has court or law enforcement contacts if you can. Otherwise you'll need to offer a boon to someone who does.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
you're legally dead! have your lawyer push for the mistrial and be done with it

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Vicissitude your face and take on a new identity.

Edit: Claim you have COVID and must follow the quarantine rules, this must be rescheduled.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Torpor yourself and arrange for the body to be found, and for somebody to wake you up in the morgue afterward. They can't arraign a corpse.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Stalk and ghoul the judge the night before. This will then be useful in the future as well.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Fantastic ideas all, thanks!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

You still have a government name and address? Surely it's time to get a fixer to take you out of the system.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dienes posted:

Vicissitude your face and take on a new identity.

Edit: Claim you have COVID and must follow the quarantine rules, this must be rescheduled.
Yeah, Chronically Obstreperous Vampire Idiot Disorder

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Incidentally I really wanna play a game where the vamps are this down bad. Like where money isn't trivial and you know some poor catiiff bastard who works as a stockboy who's gotta feed and claw ahead on the margins of the night. A game where summer's fewer waking hours means an actual impact on the pocketbook and poo poo.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Incidentally I really wanna play a game where the vamps are this down bad. Like where money isn't trivial and you know some poor catiiff bastard who works as a stockboy who's gotta feed and claw ahead on the margins of the night. A game where summer's fewer waking hours means an actual impact on the pocketbook and poo poo.
Dark Red Markets

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Like the V5 anarch book talks a bit about how they lose a solid majority of their number to suicide within the first few weeks, right? I wanna see a game on that level, where not everybody owns a nightclub.

Disclaimer: I have not yet got to play this drat game so I'm going off stuff I've seen from actual plays and stuff.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A chart explaining how the pernicious absence of class consciousness gives effective Generation to your boss, preventing you from using Dominate. Presence is removed from the game for being revisionist.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Like the V5 anarch book talks a bit about how they lose a solid majority of their number to suicide within the first few weeks, right? I wanna see a game on that level, where not everybody owns a nightclub.

Disclaimer: I have not yet got to play this drat game so I'm going off stuff I've seen from actual plays and stuff.
I figure that is one of the things that the premise of a new PC kind of goes through - for whatever reason, you implicitly did not opt to destroy yourself very early on, you are at least experienced enough as a vampire to have a few dots of Disciplines and be aware of the outlines of what you can do with the blood.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Dec 17, 2020

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

This is why you play VTR instead, it does that kind of thing way better with all kinds of explicit support for it.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Yeah in this game the difficulty is amped up pretty high since my guy has no dots in resources. He's also Alley cat Brujah so every meal is hard fought and the storyteller does not handwave off dice. It's really fun.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Kavak posted:

They do but they just kind of spin around in circles the whole time.

hook them up to wires and see if they spin fast enough to generate a meaningful amount of electricity.

EDIT: Scratch 'meaningful'. Gimme Slumbering Vampire Elder potato clock

Crasical fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 17, 2020

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

See if you can have it transferred to Night Court.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Night court but the judge is an actual Mage is always a good gag for a Vampire game.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Spooky CoD bailiff played by actual Richard Moll.

Cable
Dec 20, 2005

it'll come like a wind.
Does anyone know how come V5 is not available on PoD on DrivethruRPG?

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Cable posted:

Does anyone know how come V5 is not available on PoD on DrivethruRPG?

Because Modiphius does actual, non-PoD print runs of it. https://www.modiphius.net/collections/vampire-the-masquerade/products/vampire-the-masquerade-5-edition

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Would you replace the humanity tracks or just add a general humanity track under the other ones. Would we rename the Red Market die the Blood die? so many possibilities for puns here.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Uhhhh, the woof video game is up for pre-order on Humble Bundle and, uh, it's at a fairly deep discount for a game that hasn't even come out yet.

That seems, like, maybe, a bad sign as far as developer or marketer confidence in the game goes?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Where is it? It looks like it's $40 regular and $45 collectors (Which has a 10% discount)

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

The Champion edition says it's -20% for me. Maybe it's my ancient Classic membership or something. I guess there are some other preorders at similar discounts. Still seems weird to me.

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:
There's also this Werewolf game coming up, and let me just say the bit in the trailer about "set in real places, inspired by true events" does not make me feel all that optimistic at the moment.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1341366638294171649

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

taichara posted:

There's also this Werewolf game coming up, and let me just say the bit in the trailer about "set in real places, inspired by true events" does not make me feel all that optimistic at the moment.

It's already out on PC. It's decent from what I've read, on par with Shadows and Coteries of New York.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

It's already out on PC. It's decent from what I've read, on par with Shadows and Coteries of New York.

And it's coming to switch, the best console for playing visual novels on TV. I really need to play Shadows because I bought but haven't jumped on it yet.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shadows was really good. Way better than Coteries.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

taichara posted:

Yeah, it's fine for an interactive novel, if that's your thing. I played the beta Ave it was really atmospheric but not something I'd want to do a second time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Shadows was really good. Way better than Coteries.

if they don't do a third one of these where you finally get to loving just murder arturo i am gonna be very pissed

Arivia fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Dec 22, 2020

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Earthblood an Epic store exclusive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Hey, first-time ST here running a v5 campaign soon.

I'm running a campaign with a perma-ST that never gets the chance to play despite playing VtM's for more than a decade. He knows a poo poo load of lore and promptly gives full presentations on any topic whenever someone asks.

The thing is, when he showed me his character, it had a ton of things. When I asked if this all was covered with the basic XP of a character, he said he didn't do it based on XP, but on his history. Things like Haven 3, Contacts 3, and what not. Full of flaws, but also full of merits.

I don't know a lot about VtM, I just barely finished the playerbook of v5, so I don't know if I'm allowing a monster or not. How can I know if a character is overpowered rather than simply checking disciplines? Are there any redflags you guys can point me of obvious bad characters people do that I should be wary of? Is ''I didn't use XP, I did it according to my history'' a red flag, or common among veterans?