Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

so are the processes that are supposed to ensure non-busted releases into closed platforms like consoles just utterly busted and useless, or did CDPR just bribe and bully sony into allowing it

Going by CDPR's explanation last week, Sony and Microsoft apparently trusted them to fix the issues enough to give them a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cheetah7071 posted:

so are the processes that are supposed to ensure non-busted releases into closed platforms like consoles just utterly busted and useless, or did CDPR just bribe and bully sony into allowing it

I imagine Sony felt like they had no choice in the end - they couldn't just be the only platform without the ultra-hyped Christmas AAA release, and forcing the delay in November clearly didn't fix things. All parties involved were backed into a corner by their own hubris.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

they dont apply to big publishers, because cert has to happen so far in advance of release to be able to press the discs that sony just assumes that theyre going to continue working on a day one patch

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

They had no choice after receiving many messages from gamers.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Relax Or DIE posted:

shout out to the DMCA!!!!!

Someone make a shirt of that Nier/ Sonic Youth picture with "gently caress the DMCA!" on the back instead of "gently caress the PMRC"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1339741387118526465?s=20

e: f, b

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

this guy don't miss

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm not interested in Back 4 Blood at all despite liking L4D but I will feel kind of bad for Turtle Rock if the game goes the way of Evolve again.

maybe they won't kill it in the crib by paywalling everything.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1339744388528943106?s=20

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

They told shareholders in a public meeting that they misled platform holders about patches to get waived through cert

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Man this is gonna make for one hell of an episode of Wha Happun someday, isn't it?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

For people worried about Back 4 Blood after Evolve, I'm watching streams and the game certainly looks like L4D. Basically everything is identical down to starting every level at a weird firelock door. Biggest change is the special zombies who now do TONS of damage but have big glowing red weak points on different parts of their body.

Unfortunately the game also does appear to have a perk system where you choose perk cards to form a loadout so I'm just going to assume the game has some kind of lootbox situation to get these cards

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Many such gamers. You've never seen so many gamers, folks!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Man this is gonna make for one hell of an episode of Wha Happun someday, isn't it?

I think between the development itself and the release so far, there's enough for two episodes already

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jokes aside, this is really nice news for me. I look forward to having $60 bucks in my PSN wallet by the end of the weekend and be able to pick up cool stuff this spring with PSN sales when I work though some of my backlog lol. Still, lesson learned. Never trust pre-orders (unless it's Nintendo.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

13 Sentinels just saying

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So much good will built up from Witcher 3. Gone. And it's only been a week!

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
CDPR should just give everyone who bought the PS4 version a PS5

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Color Printer posted:

So much good will built up from Witcher 3. Gone. And it's only been a week!

This isn't enough to actually tarnish a reputation. Bioware basically did this four games in a row and people are still lined up to get the Mass Effect Trilogy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has the general Gamer opinion swayed towards “this is unplayable, the game journos were right”?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Jay Rust posted:

Has the general Gamer opinion swayed towards “this is unplayable, the game journos were right”?

keep up, that happened days ago

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

you know how the internet loves a bandwagon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It feels crazy to me that a high profile title actually got delisted. Has this ever happened before?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PC wins again.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh wow holy poo poo, I didn't know they're pulling the game and automatically refunding

Lol so I guess that means I can even keep playing it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

There was a big Reddit thread on the CP77 subreddit about how people were super mad at Kallie Plagge's 7/10 IGN review but now they're like "actually maybe she was right"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Oh wow holy poo poo, I didn't know they're pulling the game and automatically refunding

i don't think they're automatically refunding.

but pulling it from the store might mean no patches will be allowed. which is loving great news for those that want to keep their copy. this sucks all round.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

^ That makes more sense yeah

Simone Magus posted:

Wait even if you already have it installed?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When all is said and done, CP2077 is a flawed but pretty good game. Assuming you're playing on a platform that can actually run it. Which is 3/5 right now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's no link or anything on that Sony page, it just says it'll refund once it confirms a purchase off PSN. it might be automatic?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

there's no link or anything on that Sony page, it just says it'll refund once it confirms a purchase off PSN. it might be automatic?

that's not how i interpret "offer a full refund"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i'd be pissed at sony if they did that without asking

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rinkles posted:

pulling it from the store might mean no patches will be allowed. which is loving great news for those that want to keep their copy. this sucks all round.

I'd say this is probably moot since by the time CDPR actually release a patch that makes the game able to actually run on the console, they could just re-apply for cert

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

i'd be pissed at sony if they did that without asking

I don't know how else to interpret it, there's no button to click here to say "yes, me please," it just says they're gonna do it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Sony might just be so pissed CDPR did this poo poo and then said to blow up Sony's lines for refunds, they're just charging everything back

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't know how else to interpret it, there's no button to click here to say "yes, me please," it just says they're gonna do it

Maybe you have to contact support and ask? The other possible way to interpret it is just that it's a no-questions-asked refund and if you ask for one they'll just confirm your purchase and then go ahead and process it.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Yeah it definitely seems that way, you don't have to actually do anything so presumably they're refunding everyone who digitally purchased, and also presumably that means I can keep playing it, just can't redownload it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'd say this is probably moot since by the time CDPR actually release a patch that makes the game able to actually run on the console, they could just re-apply for cert

the next patch/hotfix was due in a few days. the last one really helped performance.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

13 Sentinels just saying

It's on my buy list but I'm waiting till its $30 or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

the next patch/hotfix was due in a few days. the last one really helped performance.

I was still crashing every two hours before I stopped playing three days ago