Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s loving insane and also seems pretty unnecessary

CDPR directed an army of aggrieved gamers at Sony support, promising a refund that Sony has a clear and established policy against providing. Taking their broken poo poo off the shelf seems fair to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm glad they're giving refunds. My dumb rear end pre-ordered it on PS4 a while ago but switched over to PC after the PS4 version didn't look great/perform well. I tried getting a refund through Sony's refund chatbot but they won't give you one if you've already downloaded the game, so I emailed that CD Projekt Red refund email address and got an automatic reply that they'd get back to people about PS4 refunds.

Really it's my fault for pre-ordering an open world RPG that's been in development for this long, but it's cool that I'll be able to get a refund.

And yeah, pulling the game is huge :eyepop:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i think the time has come for drastic measures when viral news stories are coming out about slain npc's spontaneously turning into patio sets

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, at least they didn't turn into a dildo. That would've been a bit too on the nose.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s loving insane and also seems pretty unnecessary

I think they got backed into a corner by CDPR assuring customers they could get refunds. Sony got a ton of bad press for refusing. So they went hard the other way.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The refund page is being hammered hard, or rather, the webforms.playstation.com hosted form is.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hoooly poo poo

The boss fight against your evil half in Celeste is extremely good

That C2077 news is also very shocking

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I think they got backed into a corner by CDPR assuring customers they could get refunds. Sony got a ton of bad press for refusing. So they went hard the other way.

I guess this is the best way for them to keep their usual refund system intact lmao

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
One gently caress-you shift of the blame deserves another, I suppose. Can't say that CDPR didn't have it coming for leaving Sony to take the brunt of the complaints in their stead there.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Escobarbarian posted:

I guess this is the best way for them to keep their usual refund system intact lmao

I don’t know what Cyber expected to happen, but if they were competent we wouldn’t be here

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Holy crap, I can’t even think of another game this happened to. No Man’s Sky at its worst wasn’t pulled. Arkham Knight PC was voluntarily withdrawn. Sony must be PISSED over the refund fiasco

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Final Fantasy 14 was about this bad. The entire game was reworked from the ground up post-release just to be finally considered functional.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

i think the time has come for drastic measures when viral news stories are coming out about slain npc's spontaneously turning into patio sets

But enough about Spider-Man Miles Morales.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Cardiovorax posted:

Final Fantasy 14 was about this bad. The entire game was reworked from the ground up post-release just to be finally considered functional.

That version never was launched on Sony systems despite them saying it would be. The reworked version is the one that made it to ps3

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Isn't the main issue that CP2077 on a PSPoor looked really bad? I do feel like this has more to do with the devs wanting refunds to be given.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FlamingLiberal posted:

Isn't the main issue that CP2077 on a PSPoor looked really bad? I do feel like this has more to do with the devs wanting refunds to be given.

It looked really bad, it ran really bad, it was full of bugs, and it crashed a lot. But the reason it got pulled off the store was almost certainly the announcement the other day telling customers to go bother Sony support about refunds, which they clearly did not talk to Sony in advance about.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, one way or the other, this makes the Cyberpunk launch a disaster on a level that I've seen maybe two or three times in the entire time I've been playing video games. That's the kind of thing that basically kills entire development studios.

Yeah, been playing games more than 25 years and I don't ever recall something this crazy. Them pulling it almost makes me want to play it more...except I know grabbing a disc copy just means downloading 60-80gigs on my lovely internet lol

Prolly better to wait in the end.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

From what I understand, the first patch for the PC version made a big difference, so I imagine that at least some of these issues will be fixed reasonably quick.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Twibbit posted:

That version never was launched on Sony systems despite them saying it would be. The reworked version is the one that made it to ps3
Yeah, I meant in general, not on a Sony console specifically.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Prolly better to wait in the end.
Definitely. CDPR will probably survive this, so we might as well wait for the inevitable enhanced edition. It has served me well with every other CDPR game so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Them pulling it almost makes me want to play it more...except I know grabbing a disc copy just means downloading 60-80gigs on my lovely internet lol

if you're lucky. them pulling it might mean no more patches

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

if you're lucky. them pulling it might mean no more patches

which puts the recent discussion about what should be on a retail disc in a different perspective

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Playing the base PS4 version feels like you're playing a pre-beta version of the game that's not meant for the public. Like, it's the version you'd have expected at the beginning of this year when they announced the delay from April 16th. Making it run like Just Cause 3 at launch on a base PS4 did would be a considerable improvement.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons

If you somehow still have not played Death Stranding, Harvey Norman and Amazon AU currently have it for all of $16AUD.

FlamingLiberal posted:

From what I understand, the first patch for the PC version made a big difference, so I imagine that at least some of these issues will be fixed reasonably quick.

Some of the issues they can fix don't necessarily include "being built for hardware more advanced than a baseline PS4" though, so that could go either way.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

At no point did they stop selling the Bad FF14 though, they were just very apologetic to anyone that gave them money back then (and continue to be 7 years later for all the perks those people still get)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also FF14 was a disaster but mainly it was just a bad game with bad design decisions, this is... wow.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Here's how the game runs and looks on base PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5pHpQqhmR4&t=160s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm playing CP2077 on my dumb expensive PC and it looks pretty good but... they should have been able to get it to run on a PS4. There's nothing so outlandishly good about the visuals or the content that should have prevented CDPR from getting it to run on base hardware.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

homeless snail posted:

At no point did they stop selling the Bad FF14 though, they were just very apologetic to anyone that gave them money back then (and continue to be 7 years later for all the perks those people still get)
It probably has a lot to do with CDPR pissing off Sony by directing all complaints to them, or we wouldn't be seeing this here either. Just personal conjecture, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This makes some sense to me:

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1339749980404285440

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Refund request submitted. Thankfully all you need to do is be signed into the site and then click a button.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

Hoooly poo poo

The boss fight against your evil half in Celeste is extremely good

Word. Goth girls go hard :black101:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah this. It’s not Sony demanding a certain level of quality, they just don’t want to deal with giving out refunds and are probably extremely pissed at CDPR right now for making them look bad.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I'm playing CP2077 on my dumb expensive PC and it looks pretty good but... they should have been able to get it to run on a PS4. There's nothing so outlandishly good about the visuals or the content that should have prevented CDPR from getting it to run on base hardware.
I think they ran out of time. I believe one of the reasons for the November to December delay was to give them more time to work on the console ports.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think they ran out of time. I believe one of the reasons for the November to December delay was to give them more time to work on the console ports.

I mean they've already delayed a bunch. They should have delayed further and not had their big game launch be a complete disaster on almost every level.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Stupid question, but getting a refund means you “return” your digital purchase so you no longer have the game right?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Stupid question, but getting a refund means you “return” your digital purchase so you no longer have the game right?
It means that the game is no longer associated with your PSN account, yes. You can no longer legally play it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Yes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

It means that the game is no longer associated with your PSN account, yes. You can no longer legally play it, even if you have the disc.

why'd you bring up the disc? i don't think sony can stop your disc from working, even if they ban your account.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Rinkles posted:

why'd you bring up the disc? i don't think sony can stop your disc from working, even if they ban your account.
Yeah, you caught me in the middle of that. I edited that out because I realized that it made no sense. I think you wouldn't get patches, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm assuming the refund will be the $59.99 + tax into your PSN wallet, or at least it will be for me since that was what I used to pay for the game.