Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone else suddenly having problems with everything flickering? Disappears when I turn off Ray Tracing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i really like when you wander into panam having a huge blowout with her family and you can chime in and everyone just stares at you for being a dumbass. facade vibes

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tenzarin posted:

Your foreceps would have to huge to hold this thing with one hand.

No worse that the 3516. :v:

The thumbprint at the saftey is a nice little touch.

Certainly looks better than it used to, and according to the fluff you need a cybernetic arm to handle the recoil... so of course Johnny uses his meat arm to fire it!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I donno if the game will ever recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1--s5NYyto

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I played the intro part of one of the paths and set the game down for the night and I have no desire to play it or pick it back up again...

This game was supposed to be the chosen one. Oh well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think my personal least favorite thing about this game is not the bugs, the bad open world, the weird combat or any number of things. But the music. It feels like the game has 3 songs, one of which is that one combat track that just sounds like the most generic possible idea of hard rock while the like two things you hear when walking through the city are always blasted so loud I grow tempted to mute the music because why on earth didn't they include some kind of cyber augment to listen to the radio while on foot.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tenzarin posted:

I donno if the game will ever recover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1--s5NYyto

Awful click. The worst click.

vandalism posted:

I played the intro part of one of the paths and set the game down for the night and I have no desire to play it or pick it back up again...

To be fair you see literally nothing of the game from the path intro.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

vandalism posted:

you should at least give the prologue heist a chance

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I am at the part where you can drive around the car for the first time and I drive around for 30 seconds then stop caring. I did this 2 times so far.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/AskPlayStation/status/1339737360184078336

holy poo poo, they delisted it

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
drat

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1339740273719578627?s=20

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Uh Oh!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

must've been my 1 per hour crash reports

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh poo poo. Does that mean people who own a Pro or PS5 can't buy it? If so that seems like slight overkill.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'm just nerding out at this point, but I have my doubts that 10 of those monsters can actually fit inside that magazine.

I appreciate the gun has three different reload animations though, all pointlessly flashy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

stev posted:

Oh poo poo. Does that mean people who own a Pro or PS5 can't buy it? If so that seems like slight overkill.

Honestly even if it runs "ok" on PS5 this is the right thing to do. CDPR had no loving business releasing the game in this state on consoles.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

so, to me, the shittiest part about crafting is that upgrading items costs more and more each time you upgrade them. however, the higher level you are when you craft an item, the higher level the item is, therefore you have to spend less mats to upgrade it over the course of its life.

first one of these i have been upgrading since i was level 14ish, second one i just crafted. i've already consigned myself to exploiting broken dissasembly items to get the most out of the crafting stuff, but this is a problem that could be easily solved by a cap on the amount of resources it can take to upgrade an item.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
At level 50 you only need to upgrade an item a single time also. If you crafted the item at lvl 50 that is. The items will be removed from your upgrade screen when there are no more upgrades for that item.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1339741387118526465?s=20

lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, I couldnt upgrade my iconic cane b/c it required neverending blue materials for the tiniest gains. Then I got a purple baton that beat it in damage and dps, now I'm getting baseball bats that beat that.

Upgrading gear only adds armor, which seems useless. Crafting seems mostly good for cash exploits.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

okay now cdpr’s reputation is in the toilet lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I've got about 50 hours in the PS4 version. It was ok at first but as the game is progressing I can't go 5 minutes without something small going wrong.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do you think ps4s with cyberpunk installed are gonna have insane resale value?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Now the refund page isn’t even working

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It runs fine so many said. Lol. Now I can get my drat refund. They released a broken beta game and everyone did the work for them while paying them. Amazing.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly even if it runs "ok" on PS5 this is the right thing to do. CDPR had no loving business releasing the game in this state on consoles.

Still, I really hope this stuff doesn't impact their employees too severely in terms of lost bonuses or extended crunch or whatever

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Do you think ps4s with cyberpunk installed are gonna have insane resale value?

It'll be relisted after they fix the worst issues, or just after a while if they can't.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PerilPastry posted:

Still, I really hope this stuff doesn't impact their employees too severely in terms of lost bonuses or extended crunch or whatever

This situation is a result of lovely employee treatment and extended crunch. They now have to decide whether to double down or take a long, hard look at themselves.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1339742250117414913?s=20

the free ARG DLC that came with the launch game is pretty fun i have to say

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
note that Sony had to approve this game to release it on PS4, so they have blame in this as well

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

BULBASAUR posted:

note that Sony had to approve this game to release it on PS4, so they have blame in this as well

Yeah but they were given guarantees that a day one patch would fix things, which apparently is a standard practice these days

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

shrike82 posted:

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1339742250117414913?s=20

the free ARG DLC that came with the launch game is pretty fun i have to say

This Stadia erasure will not stand

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

stev posted:

This situation is a result of lovely employee treatment and extended crunch. They now have to decide whether to double down or take a long, hard look at themselves.

I know, I just hope Comte et al still get to celebrate Christmas :/

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This Stadia Steam Machine erasure will not stand

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah but they were given guarantees that a day one patch would fix things, which apparently is a standard practice these days

Sounds like a lovely standard practice. And I bet only a AAA game would get away with that.

Sucks that its so loving busted on consoles. I'm having fun on my lovely old PC, though I've definitely run into some problems.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Glitched as I slammed into a barrier at full speed and hit photo mode.

My man's soul just Mario jumped out of his body

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I mean CDPR is gunna be fine in the long run, hopefully this leads to some serious reflection and culture shift in the company. It's dire right now, but there have been crazier turnaround stories in the industry, and you don't have to go too far back to remember when the public was baying for Sean Murray's blood at the NMS launch.

I would like nothing more for them to patch the game adequately, and then make good with DLC down the road.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

The shareholders are gonna gut the dev team and middle management.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
lmao

cdpr: alright we'll refund ps4 this is bad
sony: gently caress you, no
cdpr: uhhhh
sony: nvm refund away!
u: lmao sony just hosed 'em hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeta Acosta