Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ghouldaddy07 posted:

I hope they stick with the game. The design of Night City is stunning and deserves more content.

100%. The city is so well designed and fleshed out they’d be idiots to do nothing more with it. They could expand and build upon and make so much out of this setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

RatHat posted:

Is there actually any reason to return to your apartment unless a quest tells you to?

You can hang out with the kitty you rescued, what more reason do you need?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Starks posted:

This makes CDPR look terrible and this will probably go down as one of the most botched video game launches of all time. However I think a lot of people are glossing over the fact that Sony would rather delist the game than offer a reasonable refund policy like GOG/Steam.

Sony would still be delisting the game if they had the world's best refund policy.

They're delisting it because CDPR went out and told everyone their game wasn't functional enough for them not to get a refund and then fobbed them off onto Sony and Microsoft. If you go out there and tell people your game is worth a refund because it's not functional, how can it be responsible to continue selling it?

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Do any of the console online stores (xbox, switch, Sony) do two hours returns like most of the pc stores? Sounds like someone gotta get the EU to strong arm them into it like they did Valve

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1013883730929340418?s=20

lol in hindsight

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Shirkelton posted:

So? Mike Pondsmith was working with them on this game in 2012.

It might not have entered a certain stage of pre-production until later, but the game's been cooking in some form or another for a long rear end time.

five years isn't an outlandish period for development even if they had some planning done ahead of time.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It can’t be overstated what a drain having to try to fix the unfixable on last gen consoles is going to be versus fixing everything else broken about the game. Even if they’re in it for the long haul at some point those versions will have to be cut off at least, like eg GTA online eventually did

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

rabidcowfromhell posted:

You can hang out with the kitty you rescued, what more reason do you need?

You can do WHAT?

Also you know what the thing I dig the most about the story? The fact that it feels "epic" and large in scale and scope while keeping its core conflict personal and small. At the end of it all you're just trying to save yourself.

Now, I super duper do not mind save the world/universe plots, and I don't even have a problem with chosen one arcs so long as there's a cool spin on it, but it is nice to play such a large scale game that really focuses on character. Very refreshing.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Feeling for the devs who were no doubt completely crushed by management pushing this out the door.

My cyber assault bounty hunter is having a hell of a time in Night City at least. It really is a pretty game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

FuzzySlippers posted:

Do any of the console online stores (xbox, switch, Sony) do two hours returns like most of the pc stores? Sounds like someone gotta get the EU to strong arm them into it like they did Valve

Can't speak for Nintendo or Microsoft, but for Sony, their policy is as long as the game was not downloaded they *may* refund it. Only in these extreme cases do they do more.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Haha!

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Got my refund request in. Thankfully it’s a painless process.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Also unrelated to anything but my positing earlier that cars are just weird rear end hurtboxes is legit. I watched a man run at me last night, trip over his own motorbike and fall down taking infinite damage until he died. Then his buddy did the same thing because I guess the front, and wheels, of vehicles are just pain centers?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This is one of those games that should have never hit PS4/XBone at all, they should have looked at the release date and just been like gently caress it, work with what the new consoles have.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

RatHat posted:

Any tips for where to get a decent Cyberdeck upgrade early on(for an Int build)? Like just starting act 2 early. I was going to get an epic one but then I realized it has quite a high street cred requirement so I won’t be able to buy it for a while.

There's a list of decks and their requirements at https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Cyberdecks

Of the no-levels or requirements decks, the two that stood out to me:
- Arasaka Mk.3. It's an Epic and has good stats/decent abilities. I went with this. 7 buffer and 5 slots is very nice this early in the game.
- BioDyne Mk.2. Super cheap and has nice stats for a low-level deck, but the ability is meh.

The two standout low-level decks seems to be:
- Raven Microcyber Mk.4. SC 14, Legendary(!!). I think this is a bug since it's worse epic version is locked out till SC 49 lol.
- Stephenson Tech Mk.3. SC 11, Epic. Great abilities for quickhacking. Cost is 25K, but you have to pay off Vic first, so it's really closer to 46K.

The Arasaka Mk.3 has been great and fits my sneaking around, I didn't want to wait till SC 14 to get the Raven.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Sony would still be delisting the game if they had the world's best refund policy.

They're delisting it because CDPR went out and told everyone their game wasn't functional enough for them not to get a refund and then fobbed them off onto Sony and Microsoft. If you go out there and tell people your game is worth a refund because it's not functional, how can it be responsible to continue selling it?

The same reason they approved it in the first place? Why doesn't MS delist it? Also, PS didn't delist Control which was honestly more unplayable at launch. Have you ever had to wait 30 seconds for a menu to open?

Google around a bit and you will see that Sony consistently has terrible customer support.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
No idea what this plays like on a PS4 but doesn't the old xbox have worse hardware and can run the game?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean, this game is that since there are no open world elements unless you count the two things you can do enough for open world:
1. Buying cars
2. Do static crimes that play out the same

Literally everything else (gigs and mission) could be handled entirely from a hub or framed in a different way. Not to mention that outside of “the pickup” mission almost everything plays out the exact same way regardless of your choices or decisions so they would have lost nothing but just tightening up the narrative aspect of the game and scrap the open world part of it.

Ok I guess you could make an argument for

3. Finding fun Easter eggs / hidden map stuff?

The game seems to be pretty reactive to the side content and when you do it. Finishing different questlines before others can give different outcomes or narratives, even for sidequests.

I'm not sure that it goes Alpha Protocol deep, but there is definitely a lot of reactivity there, which wouldn't be as easily executed with a hub. I guess you could do it like Mass Effect and choose missions from V's apartment or Afterlife or whatever, but since nearly everything happens in Night City the complaint would be "why isn't this open world?"

There's also something to be said just for the ambiance of the game. They did a great job at creating this world, and while I wish there was more RDR2-style immsim, pointless content, it is still fun to just be in the world exploring. It's a game that wants to be walked through.

Nuebot posted:

Also unrelated to anything but my positing earlier that cars are just weird rear end hurtboxes is legit. I watched a man run at me last night, trip over his own motorbike and fall down taking infinite damage until he died. Then his buddy did the same thing because I guess the front, and wheels, of vehicles are just pain centers?

Say what you will about the traffic AI, this is the only game I've ever played where I look both ways before crossing the street and respect the crosswalk...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I guess the front, and wheels, of vehicles are just pain centers?

This is true in real life too!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Nuebot posted:

If you use the legendary quickhack short circuit, when your car touches people it can crit and insta murder civilians and you have like almost no control over it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

orange juche posted:

This is one of those games that should have never hit PS4/XBone at all, they should have looked at the release date and just been like gently caress it, work with what the new consoles have.

or done the titanfall thing where the last gen release gets a small delay

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

five years isn't an outlandish period for development even if they had some planning done ahead of time.

I didn't say it was.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

ZeeBoi posted:

Got my refund request in. Thankfully it’s a painless process.

got a link?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

No idea what this plays like on a PS4 but doesn't the old xbox have worse hardware and can run the game?

the difference being xbox has a reasonable refund policy

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Starks posted:

The same reason they approved it in the first place? Why doesn't MS delist it? Also, PS didn't delist Control which was honestly more unplayable at launch. Have you ever had to wait 30 seconds for a menu to open?

The cert process doesn't determine if your game runs well, that's the developer and publisher's responsibility.

Why hasn't MS delisted it? Probably in part that decision takes a much longer time because they have a marketing deal with Cyberpunk 2077. And Remedy never told people, 'yeah, our game doesn't work, go talk to Sony about it'.

I've never had any issues with Sony's customer support because I live in a first world country in terms of consumer rights, but I've heard the horror stories from others who aren't as fortunate.

Sony would still be delisting it even if they had good customer support, though. The hassle and pain CDPR have sent their way would still be in effect and CDPR would still be telling people their game isn't fit for sale and to talk to Sony about it. That's the sticking point, not how easy it is to get a refund from someone.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 18, 2020

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LionArcher posted:

got a link?

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/cyberpunk-2077-refunds/

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Found a really interesting video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IPRjzrHvak

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah disabling the map is a must imo

How do you do this?

Also, I have a ps5 digital copy. There’s no way for them to like, deactivate it or anything, right?

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

The cert process doesn't determine if your game runs well, that's the developer and publisher's responsibility.

Why hasn't MS delisted it? Probably in part that decision takes a much longer time because they have a marketing deal with Cyberpunk 2077. And Remedy never told people, 'yeah, our game doesn't work, go talk to Sony about it'.

Right, I guess this is my point. Sony is delisting the game not because it's broken but because CDPR told people they could get refunds.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Simone Magus posted:

Yeah disabling the map is a must imo

How do you get to missions? Just wander from block to block like a confused tourist?

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Tenzarin posted:

I'm guessing were not gonna get that much dlc. Holes will prob be patched right before the abandon ship call is issued.

Lol no

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Shirkelton posted:

I didn't say it was.

okay. i'm saying that it's okay that the game needed more time despite, as you put it, the game being announced at the start of the decade.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rinkles posted:

okay. i'm saying that it's okay that the game needed more time despite, as you put it, the game being announced at the start of the decade.

Okay.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Also, I have a ps5 digital copy. There’s no way for them to like, deactivate it or anything, right?

Not really, no, but they're not going to.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Gonna sell my PS4 with Cyberpunk on ebay as if it's a phone with Flappy Bird installed

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

gta v loving sucked and all the characters except for the daughter are horrible people.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Question about Dream On. I ended up telling Jefferson everything about the extremely creepy poo poo I found in the apartment, and I'm pretty sure the wife is in on it somehow. That said, Elizabeth called me and told me never to come around again, then blocked my number. I guess she somehow blocked Jefferson's number, too, because he sent me a bunch of texts and when I responded I got a "Unknown User" or some error like that (basically the texts were undeliverable). Is there more to that quest? Did I lock myself out of more story, or was that all?

I think that's the end of the questline regardless of your choice, which is a shame because I would have loved a followup. Maybe in the dlc.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

gta v loving sucked and all the characters except for the daughter are horrible people.

... I mean as far as the second part goes you can say the same of Cyberpunk, just replace "The daughter" with... I don't know? Judy? She's kind of a fuckup but well-intentioned as heck.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ChrisBTY posted:

Wait am I only one who got the Warning from the mystery voice and Johnny telling me 'yeah this might be the work of rogue AI from cyberspace'. interpreted losing the connection on the phone at the end to be the work of the AI cutting us off. Fighting that is really beyond me. Even then, if their nefarious goal is 'building a better leader' how badly do I want to?

I got that too. Good thing that he ends up winning the election with 70% of the vote aaaaaaaa I need a follow up

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

If your definition of a good game is how throwing a grenade in water looks sure i guess.

Also could definitely make a similar comparison video with witcher 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Pattonesque posted:

Games which weren't delisted from PS4:

No Man's Sky
Anthem
Fallout 76

the difference is that people were way more hyped for CP2077 than those games, so, the backlash is that much more stupid and intense. bethesda enjoys, like, a decade long meme status of 'mods fix it, it just works lol' whereas, unfortunately for cdpr, everyone expected them to make sci-fi witcher 3+++ right out of the gate.