Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tJthUWc13Y

The whole video really. Minor spoilers

RatHat has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Haha, holy poo poo. The ultimate glitch.

Sony Pulls Cyberpunk 2077 From PlayStation Store, Says Buyers Can Get A Refund

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Seriously, it's wild. The last time I saw a game launch fail that spectacularly was Final Fantasy 14. They remade the entire thing from the ground up to get it to where it is today and a lot of people still don't quite trust Square again.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Witcher 3 made them famous and then they flushed that rep right down the drain with their next big title. it's quite an accomplishment.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Cardiovorax posted:

Seriously, it's wild. The last time I saw a game launch fail that spectacularly was Final Fantasy 14. They remade the entire thing from the ground up to get it to where it is today and a lot of people still don't quite trust Square again.

current FF14 is literally the only reason I trust Square, and even then I only trust Yoshi P

I guess I also trust koji fox

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MetallicGears96/status/1339562788692369410?s=20

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
...loving what. Seriously. You're not even supposed to really exist in the game. There's a reason it has no third-person toggle. How do you make that T-pose anyway!?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
You can look down and see you. Your model is always there, so there's not really any reason it couldn't catch the T-pose pandemic too.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

this gaaaaame :psyduck:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Solid chances that an "enemy is quickhacking you" notification will be stuck on screen at any given point, so bing bang boom problem solved

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cardiovorax posted:

Even XIV never got pulled from sale, except for when it was literally offline.

Imagine making a game such a disaster that it gets treqted worse than XIV 1.0.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They stopped taking payment for subs in 1.2x or something

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cleretic posted:

Even XIV never got pulled from sale, except for when it was literally offline.

Imagine making a game such a disaster that it gets treqted worse than XIV 1.0.

They did suspend monthly sub fees which, for an MMO is close enough. I think a better comparison would be Arkham Knight but in reverse. That had to be pulled from steam because the pc version didnt work even on really beefy hardware, while the console version was fine.

While I'm hesitant to call the PC version of this "fine" its generally playable and my only experiences are glitches that are funny rather than frustrating. They really should have just axed the last gen console versions.

RagnarokAngel has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 18, 2020

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

Solid chances that an "enemy is quickhacking you" notification will be stuck on screen at any given point, so bing bang boom problem solved

this happens with a ton of UI elements. i had the description of a can of soda burned into my screen for 5 minutes, you have to reload to fix it.

jank jank jank

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You could tpose in first person in Thi4f! If you opened a drawer and there was nothing in there, Garrett didn't have a animation so he just tposed. You could see it if there was a light source behind you.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

this gaaaaame :psyduck:
beginning to see the reason for your red text tbh

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, thanks for your important contribution to this thread. I am sure VN nerds everywhere appreciate it.

VVV Appreciated.

Cardiovorax has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Dec 18, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Elizabethan Error posted:

beginning to see the reason for your red text tbh

The best way I can describe it after a dozen or so hours is that it feels closer to a very uprezzed shooter from c. 2005 that nobody bothered to patch, than anything new I've played in the last few years. I don't think they're off base for that reaction.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, thanks for your important contribution to this thread.
must have missed yours.

The best way I can describe it after a dozen or so hours is that it feels closer to a very uprezzed shooter from c. 2005 that nobody bothered to patch, than anything new I've played in the last few years. I don't think they're off base for that reaction.
do you both time-share on a potato-based computer? played it for ~60h, and it's felt not like that at all.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'll have you know my system is based on higher quality root vegetables :colbert:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I'll have you know my system is based on higher quality root vegetables :colbert:
Yeah, like horseradish. Horseradish is blazingly fast.

Well, if it gets in your nose, anyway. I am a strong believer in volatile aetheric oil-based computing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Elizabethan Error posted:

must have missed yours.
do you both time-share on a potato-based computer? played it for ~60h, and it's felt not like that at all.

wish sony would delist your posts

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
I see that video games are ~serious business~ itt

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Buddy I treat video games seriously in every topic :c00lbert:

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

flatluigi posted:

wish sony would delist your posts

sorry for derailing a ffxsvdvi circlejerk :nallears:

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

As God is my witness, he is broken in half

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Stingwing posted:

I see that video games are ~serious business~ itt

An exceptionally bad first post in this thread, mmm.

Triarii posted:

As God is my witness, he is broken in half

Imagine just minding your own business and getting chokeslammed by a lovely sedan so hard you just explode into a Source engine era bloodsplat

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Christ, that actually made me wince a little. Now I can say that I've seen a car suplex a man so hard he splattered five feet wide.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i tried to hide an unconscious guy in a cargo container and when i laid him down he exploded and his remnants became lodged in the ceiling of the container.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

kirbysuperstar posted:

An exceptionally bad first post in this thread, mmm.

Imagine just minding your own business and getting chokeslammed by a lovely sedan so hard you just explode into a Source engine era bloodsplat

Gamers sure are a contentious bunch

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

the hands being out like that after interacting with something and specifically having to be put away is so loving weird. My character spends most of her time running around holding her hands right above her nipples like they are wet or she's a bunny or something.

loving weird

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
check out this cool glitch

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1340354700206612483?s=20

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Wow, it has bugs from Skyrim now.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

haven't had it happen, and I broke the gently caress out of crafting, but some others in the CP77 thread did have it happen. oof!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/xHlX3qO.mp4
One Simple Trick Speedrunners Use....Judges Hate It!

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

And it would not surprise me at all if there's a script popping out within a few days on PC to clean out junk data from the save, while more and more console users will start hitting the limit and end up with useless saves.

And the devs are probably too stretched thin to fix the issue until a lot more users get affected by it.
The game's not even been out for 2 weeks yet, so I'm curious what kind of playtime/crafting amount is needed to hit that 8MB corruption milestone.
Or if it's just the standard 'keep track of everything you've looted by adding it to the savefile, but forget to clean it out/reset some areas occasionally.' approach, and kleptomaniacs who pick up all the junk get affected way earlier than people who don't.

(E: if anyone has the game, the saves are in users/username/saved games on pc, what kind of playtime do you have, vs savegame size? Pretty curious if 8MB is a '100+h playtime' thing or what. )

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Holy crap this game. Makes me feel a bit better about not having the money to afford a pc or a console that can handle this game. : ]

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think anyone's got a pc or console that can handle this game

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly I was surprised at how reasonably it performs on my laptop, it's just.....everything else about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah, it runs fine on my pc, it's just the whole thing is haunted by constant sense of jankiness. total ramshackle shitshow.

that save corruption thing is the last straw i think. breaking save games is one of the ultimate bug crimes you can commit, only surpassed by something like... deleting your OS when you uninstall. has anyone tried uninstalling it yet? be careful!