Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It was a gift from everything I know, and given the participants literally no way it wasn't a gift with the fix in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The SituAsian posted:

For that omission Ann Wolfe deserves to take a free shot at me but I would probably end up taking it worse than Vonda Ward

https://youtu.be/EG8RAN4_fdI

:eyepop:

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
I watched Hunt/Gallen. Hunt put in minimal effort and clearly ran out of gas by the 3rd. Had Gallen hurt in the 2nd with a minute to go but didn't seem super interested in finishing. Gallen clearly won imo just based on volume. A lot of short uppercuts.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Anyone having any spicy predictions for this weekend?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

Boots Ennis looks like the best fighter.

E: idk, i think people are underrating Smith... but not enough for me to actually pick Smith

Jump King fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Dec 18, 2020

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The SituAsian posted:

Smith will make it to the bell.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

Jump King posted:

Boots Ennis looks like the best fighter.

E: idk, i think people are underrating Smith... but not enough for me to actually pick Smith

That's certainly possible though GGG is looking he's been working Memo Heredia if you catch my drift. Of course that might just make it funnier when he gets sparked out

Callum Smith making it to the bell is also a good shout and I think it will happen as well.

https://twitter.com/DAZNBoxing/status/1339629951687876609?s=19

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The SituAsian posted:

That's certainly possible though GGG is looking he's been working Memo Heredia if you catch my drift.

i don't, but is it something to do with the fact that he looks like the eastern european experiment that he fought like in his youth?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lid posted:

The Australian media is going mad for Tim Tszyu, son of Kostya, but I'm struggling to find any international or objective reports on him. Is he a big fish in a small pond, an untested can crusher, or actually potential living up to his fathers legacy?

tszyu is ranked as the #2 super welterweight by the wbo, which, lol, but ranks anywhere from 4th to 10th by every other governing body in the sport

he's legit but he's nowhere near the title shot he wants so badly; if he beats brian carlos castano i think he's the default contender for the wbo belt and then would face teixeira, and then mayyybe charlo wants to unify the belts after that

tl;dr: he's more than a can crusher but probably not world class just yet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it's fairly hard to gauge tszyu at the moment. he gave jeff horn a beating who was imo a little bit past the jeff that gave pac a run. he could be really, really loving good but yeah i'd say a solid B fighter as it stands from just the eye test.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The SituAsian posted:

That's certainly possible though GGG is looking he's been working Memo Heredia if you catch my drift. Of course that might just make it funnier when he gets sparked out

Callum Smith making it to the bell is also a good shout and I think it will happen as well.

https://twitter.com/DAZNBoxing/status/1339629951687876609?s=19

has he been eating horse meat?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

That was a fun fight. Will have to look for Gongora in the future

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Well GGG beat the poo poo out of that guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mr. F! posted:

Well GGG beat the poo poo out of that guy.

Szeremeta had the spirit to fight GGG, unfortunately his body was out of it by early R2.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

10-8
10-8
10-9
10-8
10-9
10-9
10-8

Crazy scorecard

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

GGG looked like Canelo would beat his rear end. :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It will be peak boxing when they do the trilogy fight that GGG “wins” for the third time but gets screwed on the scorecard and comes away with 0 wins in the record books

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

i think its pretty insulting to The Ninth Layer that this thread isn't rated 5

Jump King fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 19, 2020

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Jump King posted:

i think its pretty insulting The Ninth Layer that this thread isn't rated 5

5 for 9th, 1 for the most made up frustrating corrupt stupid sport

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Raymond Ford looked awful sharp just now.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

this next fight is pretty wild. fernandez looks about as comfortable as I would if I appeared magically in a professional heavyweight fight, but somehow sanchez has not been able to put all that much hurt on him.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

it's getting comedic now

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

loving oooof that was a hell of a right

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

why the gently caress is a pro debut right before the main event?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

why the gently caress is a pro debut right before the main event?

I guess that’s why

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

I guess that’s why

there was nothing entertaining about that.

edit: to add to why i say that. there were no stakes. at no point did i ever think the guy making his debut was in danger and it exemplifies the worst parts about boxing.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Yeah that was dumb

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

God drat Canelo giving up so much height and reach

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

MARIACHI BAND THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

fight good. no matter what.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Just "Autism" on his jacket. Not Autism Awareness or something like that. Interesting choice.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Callum is huge

Shankel Magnus posted:

Just "Autism" on his jacket. Not Autism Awareness or something like that. Interesting choice.

The Smith brothers have been doing that for a while.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i feel like smith should be moving to the right more often. canelo's right will be so loving far from him and he can stifle the left with his jab.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Callum is weird because he's massive but it seems like he fights pretty inside his range. Maybe it's just Canelo's footwork.

Shankel Magnus
Jul 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jump King posted:

Callum is huge

The Smith brothers have been doing that for a while.

Ah - I see that apparently it's for their younger sister. That's cool of them.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Man canelo looks great.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Canelo looks really good. Don't see a path forward for Callum.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dias posted:

Callum is weird because he's massive but it seems like he fights pretty inside his range. Maybe it's just Canelo's footwork.

He always does that but usually he fights moving forward instead of backing up. This isn't a good strategy for him I don't think.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jump King posted:

He always does that but usually he fights moving forward instead of backing up. This isn't a good strategy for him I don't think.

I was expecting him to try and outrange Canelo just from his height advantage but I guess that's a tall order because Canelo is real good. Now he's on the back foot.

Dude is fighting his fight tho.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

this is the best canelo has looked, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Smith is coming back here the last few rounds. Canelo seems t o be letting his defense slip just a bit