Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

It was much too dry to be called a pizza. Indeed, it was like a slab of crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It’s ‘cuz of that &^#$# ‘pizza’...

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

That looks like a decent dough to me, and the sausage is not too shabby either.
Did you order that without sauce and cheese as a joke?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

troop pizza

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Wall Balls posted:

troop pizza

Let’s get this out on a tray

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wall Balls posted:

troop pizza

I'd be curious to try it. I have a soft spot for thick, square, terrible pizza

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

TheAardvark posted:

Were you fed Ellio’s as a child?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I imagine it being somehow worse than lunchables pizza

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Wall Balls posted:

troop pizza

What is the right hand doing? Is that pizza being roofied?

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Ziv Zulander posted:

Nice hiss

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

Wall Balls posted:

troop pizza

This is like a POV of the Iraqi hotdog soldier

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

*learning about trash collection/disposal in southern Italy was an interesting experience :catstare:

They don't just use it to fuel the pizza oven??

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
One summer when I was a teenager I worked a couple of shifts at a pizzeria owned by some Bosniak immigrants. Every morning the chefs would make a "breakfast pizza" that the whole staff would sit down and eat together before the restaurant opened. It was a thin pizza crust with raisins, figs, pineapple and drizzled with honey. It was really sweet and delicious and I'd eat it and listen to this one guy who'd tell me a lot of hosed up stories from the bosnian war.

This was in Sweden btw

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
And they didn't sell the delicious breakfast pizza?

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
No, unless it was a secret menu item type deal. I was the dishwasher so I wouldn't know.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ziv Zulander posted:

Nice! mmmkay...

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

It’s like how I feel about powdered eggs or corned beef hash from a giant can. I can’t say it’s good but I have a powerful nostalgia for it.

E:Oh god that gives me an idea for a powerfully nasty pizza, if only I had a kitchen.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"Small Pizza"

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

That's decadent.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

TheAardvark posted:

"Small Pizza"

Oddly impressive amount of effort on the toppings for such a poo poo base.

Like building a mansion in a swamp.

E:vv lol, you're right. If at first you don't succeed, double down on mediocrity.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 17, 2020

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Outrail posted:

Like building a mansion in a swamp.

You can clearly see the first one sank so they had to rebuild on top of it.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the Great Dismal Slice

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

shadow puppet of a posted:

You can clearly see the first one sank so they had to rebuild on top of it.

Listen, lad. I built this pizza up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was bread. Other chefs said I was daft to build a pizza on a bread, but I built it all the same, just to show 'em. It sank into the bread. So, I built a second one. That sank into the bread. So, I built a third one. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the bread, but the fourth one... stayed up! And that's what you're gonna get, lad: the strongest pizza in these lands.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

TheAardvark posted:

"Small Pizza"

Somehow I know that Mormons are responsible for this.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

TheAardvark posted:

"Small Pizza"

If you think about it pizza is just a large toast

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Are the second slices of bread beneath the ones with toppings there to stop the sauce from leaking through to the tablecloth, oh good lord I just saw the rusty chain at the top of the photo and now I am mentally placing it as a topping on the bread but anyway, or ... or are they going to become pizza sandwiches?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Insect pizza

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Thought I'd take a sec to set a baseline standard for American pizza ITT. Here's one of the least-expensive national pizza chain options, a Little Caesar's double-pepperoni:

It's $6.50 after tax. The basic version with way less pepperoni is $1 less. The pizza is 14 inches wide, which is standard for a “large” pizza. Cheese is clearly the limiting expense; that’s to be expected on a budget pizza, as it’s the most expensive ingredient. Unless you're trying hard to find a poo poo pizza, this is about as bad as it gets, and I wouldn't rate it any lower than "edible."

I have a pair of go-to pizza joints in my hometown, one of which runs about $12-$14 for a multi-topping large, and another which is about $22; the latter is an extremely high-quality thin-crust pie. I could have ordered one of those this week, but I took one for the team and ate a Little Caesar's kiddie-pizza. For you.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

people call little caesars inedible garbage and that's just hyperbole. it's exceedingly just fine for a national chain pizza especially for $5 when you need to feed 2 kids on a friday night.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah and they even have stuffed crust pizzas, which I genuinely thought was like Pizza Hut's intellectual property or something given how I never saw them anywhere else

Did they just start delivering with the pandemic? I definitely never thought of them as an option for delivery in the past, but that might just be because until I moved to the East Coast I thought they no longer existed as they had all gone out of business around where I grew up

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

idk but for whatever reason i also just assumed little caesars did not deliver for my entire life.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

they didn't/don't - it was pick up only, part of how they kept costs down.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can’t remember the last time I saw a Little Caesar’s that wasn’t inside a K-Mart

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
They're really not a bad option at the price, and owner Mike Ilitch was a mensch. I feel way sadder and more deflated when someone calls out for Pizza Patrón.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lincoln posted:

Thought I'd take a sec to set a baseline standard for American pizza ITT. Here's one of the least-expensive national pizza chain options, a Little Caesar's double-pepperoni:

It's $6.50 after tax. The basic version with way less pepperoni is $1 less. The pizza is 14 inches wide, which is standard for a “large” pizza. Cheese is clearly the limiting expense; that’s to be expected on a budget pizza, as it’s the most expensive ingredient. Unless you're trying hard to find a poo poo pizza, this is about as bad as it gets, and I wouldn't rate it any lower than "edible."

I have a pair of go-to pizza joints in my hometown, one of which runs about $12-$14 for a multi-topping large, and another which is about $22; the latter is an extremely high-quality thin-crust pie. I could have ordered one of those this week, but I took one for the team and ate a Little Caesar's kiddie-pizza. For you.

For $6.50 I'd eat that easily. If I get delivery from a local place it'll be about $25+. Better pizza of course but sometimes I just want garbage.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

TheAardvark posted:

Here's an added bonus image, not pizza:

I have no idea what this dish is, but I do want to comment on what it's reminding me of. I once had a variant of poutine that used southern white sausage gravy, and god drat was it loving fantastic.

This picture looks like a much sadder, less good, version of that.

Wall Balls posted:

troop pizza

Hmm, yes, I'd like a square of sad, uncooked pizza with extra "Do Not Eat" packets.

Here's a thing that this thread has started making me think: "Pizza Americana", the one with hot dogs and french fries, is actually one of the most uniquely European styles of pizza. Agree or Disagree?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

big trivia FAIL posted:

people call little caesars inedible garbage and that's just hyperbole. it's exceedingly just fine for a national chain pizza especially for $5 when you need to feed 2 kids on a friday night.
I think it was one of the first places to pioneer the concept of dipping the pizza itself in ranch or other sauces/dips to make up for the otherwise inoffensive but cheap taste.

pseudorandom posted:

Here's a thing that this thread has started making me think: "Pizza Americana", the one with hot dogs and french fries, is actually one of the most uniquely European styles of pizza. Agree or Disagree?
Agree- I was mad when I saw it for the first time and later amused when I found out what it was called.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I think it was one of the first places to pioneer the concept of dipping the pizza itself in ranch or other sauces/dips to make up for the otherwise inoffensive but cheap taste.

Agree- I was mad when I saw it for the first time and later amused when I found out what it was called.

This is how we feel after hearing about outback steakhouse and 'blooming onion', whatever the gently caress that's supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Outrail posted:

This is how we feel after hearing about outback steakhouse and 'blooming onion', whatever the gently caress that's supposed to be.

It's just an onion that's been deep-fried, like an onion ring you have to pull apart.