Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

kinda funny how few people take up TG's offer this year

is it a sign the game is shrinking, or is it people posting here improved so far they have everything they want (my case)

anyway, thanks to everyone itt, the game is unplayable without you :)

I guess we're all too deep in the endgame. I'm pretty sure I could buy everything I'm still missing with about half my saved plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that one ephemera giving a skirt is genuinely like 90% of my excitement for the queenpins. the other ones look dope as hell, too. will probably put more effort into the corpus liches than the grineer ones. the system is actually kinda fun to me and i really enjoy the fancy weapons they give. :shobon:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Goa Tse-tung posted:

kinda funny how few people take up TG's offer this year

is it a sign the game is shrinking, or is it people posting here improved so far they have everything they want (my case)

anyway, thanks to everyone itt, the game is unplayable without you :)

I'd have responded but I'm not in either goon clan.

For my part I have most of what I want already. There's certainly things that would still be nice to get but they're all either untradable or obnoxiously expensive.

sausebox
Nov 12, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

Hello, it's nearly Christmas! This means it is time for the yearly Christmas giveaway!

The rules are the same as previous years:

One gift only. It has to be something that ultimately "resolves" to one thing or package. It can be anything, though I suggest not asking for normal Warframes... except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

Must be in GOON or AKGOON.

---

If interested, quote this post and make your request. Same thing as every other year. Merry Christmas!

I would be ecstatic to accept the Protea Collection (or just the frame)! Many thanks and happy holidays!

ingame: sausebox

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Tallgeese posted:

Hello, it's nearly Christmas! This means it is time for the yearly Christmas giveaway!

One gift only. It has to be something that ultimately "resolves" to one thing or package. It can be anything, though I suggest not asking for normal Warframes... except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

---

If interested, quote this post and make your request. Same thing as every other year. Merry Christmas!

Could I please get the Protea Collection? Same name in game. Thanks to you!

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

---

I was looking at the protea grind, and have decided I do not want to do that.

Can I request the Protea Bundle please, In game Name Epididypuss I'm in Goon.

Thanks for this!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Ugh, I'm at the point where I have to buy slots every time a new weapon comes out. I need to start thinking critically about what I want to keep and sell but that requires effort. Same for forma usage, I basically never get them from relics anymore so would have to buy them for any projects or poo poo like necramechs and lich weapons where MR is gated behind 5x forma.

Does it feel like the nunchuck stance is absolutely dogshit for forward momentum attacks? It basically feels like this using the drat thing:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Just buy a slot for every weapon in the game. :shepface:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

My flowchart for items is pretty straightforward by now:

1) Can I reobtain it? If no, keep.
2) Is it prime? If yes, 2a; if no, 3.
2a) Is it vaulted? If yes, keep; if no, 2b.
2b) Is it a "permanent prime" (Braton, Burston, Bronco, etc)? If yes, keep if enjoyed; if no, keep.
3) Have I invested a potato OR more than one forma into it? If yes, keep, weapon slots are cheaper than potatoes or forma bundles.
4) Do I use it regularly despite having no potato and at most one forma? If yes, put a potato in it, what the hell am I doing? If no, trash it, or Helminth it if it's a frame.

I tend to keep at least two slots for mastery ranking open or in use. A little bit of a shortage since Deimos Arcana, since I've kept 3 of the 4 weapons I built so far. The only time this method has bit me is when I expected to have Limbo Prime done, helminthed my Limbo, and then didn't get the last part I needed on an hour of radshare burning through my relics. Still don't have a Limbo now, oops.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I was gung ho about building the original kitgun primaries then stalled out when it came to gilding them. That might be an easy 4 slots back but then my hoarding tendencies slam me right in the anxiety

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Goa Tse-tung posted:

people posting here improved so far they have everything they want (my case)
The things i want at this point are a) more orbiter space b) being able to pet venari c) another infested roomba d) dance during the mission end screen e) being able to headpat my recruited liches

none of which my thousands of plat or having gone past mr30 can give me

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 18, 2020

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

hazardousmouse posted:

Does it feel like the nunchuck stance is absolutely dogshit for forward momentum attacks? It basically feels like this using the drat thing:

Atlantis vulcan sucks rear end, the combos do bad damage and half your hits miss

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Prisma Dual Decurions are here... and they still have a Placeholder tag in the name and can't be recolored for ground use. lmao. Hotfix in a few minutes might fix that but wow they're getting lazier.

edit:

quote:

Fixed the Prisma Dual Decurions not having the intended 2 V polarities by default.

l o l

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 18, 2020

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SkyeAuroline posted:

Prisma Dual Decurions are here... and they still have a Placeholder tag in the name and can't be recolored for ground use. lmao. Hotfix in a few minutes might fix that but wow they're getting lazier.
Everyone not on vacation already is working on todays mainline that was supposed to drop like an hour ago (but some UI bugs needed fixing).

If you want to see some rough buggy ride this weekend should be very exciting.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Tallgeese posted:

---

scott_free: I want Volt Prime. Is that doable or doesn't have to be the market?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The new mech skin is sick, easy purchase for me.

Also glad I held onto that Dual Decurions Riven for just such an occasion, they actually look decent!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm detecting distant echoes of red rocket and am ghoulishly rubbing my hands in anticipation of a bug filled month for PC just to slurp up the tears

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
personally i'm hoping both for a good experience and for the devs to not get harassed over the holiday break about fixing things but you do you i guess

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

temple posted:

scott_free: I want Volt Prime. Is that doable or doesn't have to be the market?

A Prime frame is acceptable.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Echophonic posted:

The new mech skin is sick, easy purchase for me.

Also glad I held onto that Dual Decurions Riven for just such an occasion, they actually look decent!

the day of the dead one or another?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

TheParadigm posted:

the day of the dead one or another?

They added the one with the chainsaw arm with the Orphix drop. Not in love with the head, but you can mix and match, so I stuck with the Nercramech until I see how the one from the Op looks.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

For the folks who can't log in right now:
Necramech event is live. Reward store uses Phasic Cells, drop rate from the few people who have reported back suggests about 1k an hour. Arcanes 200/300/400/800 each tier. Lavos and his gun are 4500 each. Ceti Lacera returned at 2k, Basmu returned at 1.5k. Some misc cosmetics and new Necramech mods in there too.
Personally, just a few Thaumica away from having my mech done so I'm gonna hold off on trying the event until the inevitable balance patch goes through.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

oh poo poo. I was just about to ask if it was for plat or for loid standing but I gues its neither.

Hows the event so far?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

For the folks who can't log in right now:
Necramech event is live. Reward store uses Phasic Cells, drop rate from the few people who have reported back suggests about 1k an hour. Arcanes 200/300/400/800 each tier. Lavos and his gun are 4500 each. Ceti Lacera returned at 2k, Basmu returned at 1.5k. Some misc cosmetics and new Necramech mods in there too.
Personally, just a few Thaumica away from having my mech done so I'm gonna hold off on trying the event until the inevitable balance patch goes through.

oh dang, for some reason I didn't expect that event already. Have fun you guys!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

TheParadigm posted:

oh poo poo. I was just about to ask if it was for plat or for loid standing but I gues its neither.

Hows the event so far?

The skin's plat, the lone helmet is the event.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The solution to Necramechs clipping is their head scraping on the ceiling. 10/10

TheParadigm posted:

Hows the event so far?
Drop tables are a little thin but everything mechanical except Arcanes has a 2% to 4% drop chance every 5 minutes, so the rewards are decent. A LOT of relics diluting the pool though.
Event-wise it's not terribly dissimilar to the ground side of Scarlet Spear, from what I've heard (I came back a few weeks after SS), so draw whatever conclusions you want to from it. A month is a pretty good window to get it done.
Overall: it's a DE event. DE events are rarely good. This one doesn't seem overtly bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

TheParadigm posted:

Hows the event so far?

surprisingly bug-free (there's only a couple reported) and pretty fun. If it is at all possible, bring your own mech, because the random freebies are bad.

this and an affinity booster is pretty much the way to 5 forma mechs for maximum MR, if you care about such things.

Of particular note is there's the RNG way to get event rewards (lavos, cedo, necramech mods) through rotational rewards OR the shop which is RNG-proof. Having both methods available is quite good.

it does sort of mean 'total up what you want out of this event, play until you reach that number of event currency, then buy' is the "optimal" strategy, but also who cares so what buy lavos if you want

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

A Prime frame is acceptable.

Thank you so much for the bundle! It's Nidus time :getin:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

---

I'll take you up on it good sir. Could I please do the Titania Empress Package? DisasterMedic in game. Cheers!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Tallgeese posted:

---

I'll bite on that Protea offer if possible. Screen name is Orb_Crabmelt

Thanks and merry Christmas Mr. Geese (and everyone else)!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Big shout out to TallG for the volt prime! My first tenno christmas!

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Tallgeese posted:

---

Right, so, I sort of assumed this was for the long-time thread participants, but maybe not? Protea and Octavia have my attention and I guess necromechs are a thing now. So surprise Dischorran from the above or if surprise isn't a thing Protea seems kewl or it's not like I can reject a credit bundle or whatever. I still don't know what I'm doing, yay!

Silentlocke
Feb 13, 2008

Orv posted:

Just buy a slot for every weapon in the game. :shepface:

Yes, this. and 5 extra slots to prepare for new things. oh and don't forget 6 or so more slots for extra weapons from Baro to sell later and and and...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Four giant robots tromping around a Grineer galleon scraping their heads against the ceilings is the most fun I've had in this game in months.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i bought myself a bonewidow because i can't be bothered to gently caress with grinding out the syndicate right now and i have to say that i genuinely enjoy stomping around and impaling dudes to drain their health while crushing poo poo with a dope as hell slab of a sword

the mechs just feel so crunchy to use

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

FWIW the syndicate is super easy to "grind". shortly after Deimos released I ran a few iso vaults a day (edit: as in, just the 123 rotation once, maybe twice), didn't realize where Otak was, and it turned out I already had all the matrices to max him out and just had to wait for the daily refreshes to get there. It's only 3 tiers and it's pretty quick turnaround.

My voidrig will be ready Tuesday, cautiously interested. With the removal of most healing that isn't CD or Bonewidow it's going to be... interesting to rank up.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 19, 2020

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah the event is a lot less needlessly intricate and full of prone-to-break bullshit framework than i feared (this also avoids a scarlet spear hotfix nightmare on DE's side during the holidays), it basically just lets me stomp my mech through hordes of enemies in regular tilesets which is everything i had wanted from it. And Bonewidow should feel a lot better in smaller scale tiles compared to open world expanses. I hope the mode stays around in some form (or maybe expanded to more tileset variation).

Even makes me want to level my spoilermode focus nodes further, which is probably the first time a gamemode has ever done that. Biggest downside so far seems the clunky frame-spoiler-mech mode switching. Also an indicator to see the next spawn location in advance would be nice - it is limited to only a few large tiles but seems randomized without a fixed rotation order? Or maybe you're meant to split up the team to all possible locations.

Also the mode shouldve let me use my k-drive in mission tilesets. :colbert: cowards

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 19, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Because you can't crit items, spoilermode is nice on clearing the nodules to open up the goatse. But this is as someone with a bunch of waybounds and magus lockdown so dash dash pew pew dash dash.

Wish there was a way to heal a voidrig though. I was lucky to get health and armour mods back when deimos came out but even with mostly using energy for storm shield it's a bit of drag.

Then Iretep wanted a decoration so bad he gave away the Lavos collection and now I don't know if I need to do the event at all? Haha.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Even makes me want to level my spoilermode focus nodes further, which is probably the first time a gamemode has ever done that. Biggest downside so far seems the clunky frame-spoiler-mech mode switching.

If you hadn't done it yet, when switching if you point directly at the target you'll jump straight into it without ever entering spoiler mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

How tf do you switch to the Arquebex on a controller? I did it once, don't know how, and haven't been able to so it since.