Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was about to ask the hottest question in gaming right now -- is there no holiday theme this year like they've done in the past -- and then I couldn't remember, did they kill PS4 themes on the store entirely when they relaunched?

I like the one from a few years ago that's like a PS1-styled Christmas sweater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I was about to ask the hottest question in gaming right now -- is there no holiday theme this year like they've done in the past -- and then I couldn't remember, did they kill PS4 themes on the store entirely when they relaunched?

I like the one from a few years ago that's like a PS1-styled Christmas sweater.

They still might be on the store if you access it on the console.

That said, the PS5 doesn't have themes right now, so it could indicate they are just moving away from them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've had the free Cyberpunk theme on my PS4 for like...a year maybe? Even though the game sucked on PS4, the theme rules.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I installed a free cyberpunk theme on my TV by tuning it to a dead channel

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

I know that’s why it’s insane.

If it was online that at least could effect crashing, especially with lovely DRM

Holy poo poo.

Online, as in more likely to complain about it online.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo.

Online, as in more likely to complain about it online.

So that was what you mean lol holy poo poo i assume you must work for CD or something

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hosed that sentence up it was supposed to read "Your brother is probably just way less picky and less online than those other people"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now that you mention it, this year's NBA 2K was crashing until it was patched because it couldn't parse the lack of scheduled NBA games that got canceled because of COVID

lmao

Weedle posted:

i remember this, you literally had to wait your turn in line to use an in-game computer lmao

e:

ahahahahahaha

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wolfsheim posted:

I felt a real sense of momentum beating Celeste and was like 'drat I should try the extra challenge level now' and realised I would need four crystal hearts to even start it (I had zero) and decided beating it normally was probably good enough

The B Sides are very loving hard, like hand cramp hard. They do have ballin' music though, so if you feel like it throw on assist mode and take a tour.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The B Sides are very loving hard, like hand cramp hard. They do have ballin' music though, so if you feel like it throw on assist mode and take a tour.

I feel like the B-sides were absolutely worth doing. They were all very difficult but the sense of triumph after completing each one was only matched by some of the tougher bosses in the Souls series.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The B Sides are mostly not that bad if you can beat the main game

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I just wanted to do Chapter 8 but gently caress those crystal hearts! gently caress them!!

To my credit though the only time I ever gave up on a strawberry was if I didn't see it or if momentum carried me past it inadvertently

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm playing The Pathless right now and it's an incredibly beautiful game. Strong Shadow of the Colossus vibes with a fairy tale story, big puzzle monsters, and sparse dialogue in a made-up language. The fluidity and expressiveness of the animation are so amazing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

I'm playing The Pathless right now and it's an incredibly beautiful game. Strong Shadow of the Colossus vibes with a fairy tale story, big puzzle monsters, and sparse dialogue in a made-up language. The fluidity and expressiveness of the animation are so amazing.

Pretty sure that game was specifically made for you.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It's on my very short list of good open world games. Judging from Pathless and Spider-Man all I need to stay hooked is really good traversal that's constantly engaging.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the pathless reeks of free ps+ game in may '21

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

acksplode posted:

It's on my very short list of good open world games. Judging from Pathless and Spider-Man all I need to stay hooked is really good traversal that's constantly engaging.

Honestly I've come to realize I feel the same way. The level of enjoyment I get from any open world is directly connected to how fun it is to explore in a way that isn't "drive a car."

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the pathless reeks of free ps+ game in may '21

more a pleasant fragrance, if you ask me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

more a pleasant fragrance, if you ask me

eau de toilette often contains a certain rancid undertone despite its pleasant allure

this is a shitpost because the game looks good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

eau de toilette often contains a certain rancid undertone despite its pleasant allure

this is a shitpost because the game looks good

more of a fartpost, if you ask me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Speaking of the girls with a bow and arrow genre, what was that one that sort of had a pixar vibes, but actually looked really nice that was announced a while back, Kena or something? Can't really tell if it's aimed squarely at kids or is going to have some depth though.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Rinkles posted:

The truth is in the middle. A shart post

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I've come to realize I feel the same way. The level of enjoyment I get from any open world is directly connected to how fun it is to explore in a way that isn't "drive a car."

I’ve been liking AC Valhalla but this is a big part of why I don’t think it’s grabbing me like Odyssey. Kass being able to jump off of anything right from the start of the game made running around so much fun, and Eivor’s stuck with these drat mortal legs.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

odyssey is a prime example of boring open world travel killing a game. almost half your time is spent a to b-ing. i hated liking that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I had another wonderfully fun evening streaming and thank you to those who joined me.

Hydra in darkroot is done :) he was a bugger.
Did the stray demon in the asylum.
Visited beautiful Ash Lake and had a real woah moment. That whole bit was just fantastic. Amazing music amazing vista and a ridiculously funny moment that surprised a few veterans.

We chatted about Steve merchant and the very few games I dislike and it was amazing fun :D

Now I am in dukes archives and bumbling about in a crystal creature garden after beating a ton of squiddly diddlies and annoying spiky archers. :)

I think my path is downwards! And I will stream again much sooner than the most recent gap (though there was a very good reason for it as Mrs VG will attest :3:) maybe tomorrow! Then tlg and tlou so people can awww and emote with me! :D

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh, is Pathless not on rails? I'm kinda weary of the Journeylike genre but if it's more open that's cool. Abzu was... very mediocre

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dewgy posted:

I’ve been liking AC Valhalla but this is a big part of why I don’t think it’s grabbing me like Odyssey. Kass being able to jump off of anything right from the start of the game made running around so much fun, and Eivor’s stuck with these drat mortal legs.

Yeah I was in exactly the same boat. You can kinda fudge it with the "survive one fatal blow" skill since it works on leaping off cliffs but it's still a huge step down from Literal Demigod Kassandra and realism ain't a great excuse considering you battle Fenrir Wolf and wield Mjolnir.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I had another wonderfully fun evening streaming and thank you to those who joined me.

Hydra in darkroot is done :) he was a bugger.
Did the stray demon in the asylum.
Visited beautiful Ash Lake and had a real woah moment. That whole bit was just fantastic. Amazing music amazing vista and a ridiculously funny moment that surprised a few veterans.

We chatted about Steve merchant and the very few games I dislike and it was amazing fun :D

Now I am in dukes archives and bumbling about in a crystal creature garden after beating a ton of squiddly diddlies and annoying spiky archers. :)

I think my path is downwards! And I will stream again much sooner than the most recent gap (though there was a very good reason for it as Mrs VG will attest :3:) maybe tomorrow! Then tlg and tlou so people can awww and emote with me! :D

With all your recent great-clubbing you're gonna have to kirkhammer your way through the next bloodborne run

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love the speed of bloodborne so much and yet the slow great club is so much fun and I have really got the hang of the methodical slam approach :3:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
CDPR pushed out another patch on PS4, must be trying to stem the bleeding lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

VideoGames posted:

I love the speed of bloodborne so much and yet the slow great club is so much fun and I have really got the hang of the methodical slam approach :3:

Yeah, the kirkhammer is slow, but very satisfying when you can anime dodge through an attack and then do a fuckoff smash on they rear end

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am now rocking some crystal armour but I might go back to my black knight stuff. Goodness what a great game.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

Oh, is Pathless not on rails? I'm kinda weary of the Journeylike genre but if it's more open that's cool. Abzu was... very mediocre

Not on rails, and it's nothing like Journey. It's more like a simplified BotW open world with the combat removed and you solve puzzles and go fast by shooting arrows.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

acksplode posted:

Not on rails, and it's nothing like Journey. It's more like a simplified BotW open world with the combat removed and you solve puzzles and go fast by shooting arrows.

I mean aesthetically it's certainly going for the Journey vibe, they even got Austin Wintory, and their last game was Totally Not Journey

But yeah if it's got stuff like that I'm definitely down

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

CDPR pushed out another patch on PS4, must be trying to stem the bleeding lol

A mere 17 gigs.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Midjack posted:

A mere 17 gigs.

holy gently caress, what's the gig tally so far across all patches that people have had to pump through their monthly bandwidth in 1 week?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Midjack posted:

A mere 17 gigs.

Really? Mine is 45GB.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

Really? Mine is 45GB.

That was the size of the one a couple of days ago for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

holy gently caress, what's the gig tally so far across all patches that people have had to pump through their monthly bandwidth in 1 week?

About 1/3rd of an average week of Call of Duty.