Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
A new Wing Commander/Tachyon style game.

A new Shining Force or Vandal Hearts style game. gently caress I loved Vandal Hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Sleeping Dogs 2 would be good, especially since I played it recently and it gives us such lines as "Don't worry, this isn't China, this is Hong Kong!".

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sleeping Dogs was so good

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A modern sleeping dogs that takes level design tips from the Yakuza team would be so good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe there'll be a chance at Sleeping Dogs 2 since Donnie Yen is making a movie version. I want to believe.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I want a new Advance Wars. Wargroove is cool but I want to move tanks around again

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Bluedeanie posted:

An updated version of Sid Meier's Pirates! Basically I want Assassins Creed IV but without all the lovely Assassins Creed parts and also crew/resource management, searching for your loved ones, attacking forts and banging Governors' daughters

A good Star Fox, because somehow Nintendo can't figure out what we liked about Star Fox 64 and just give us that again

Metroid Prime 4 (a wish that will come true!!!)

Gimme another Castlevania that's good. Get your head out of your rear end Konami

Vice City remake with modern controls/graphics etc

Skull and Bones is supposedly still coming out... eventually. Ubisoft recognized how much people loved that part of AC 4 and have been trying to spin it off ever since.

Hell yeah to both Nintendo dreams.

You've played Bloodstained, right? It's just Symphony of the Night with the IP filed off.

Vice City for GTA VI?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I am currently picking away sporadically at Bloodstained. It is great and definitely scratches an itch, but I tragically have the Switch version so it is crash prone :qqsay:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Meanwhile I'm just like "I love Cyberpunk but I don't love the game not being able to go 5 drat minutes without the engine making GBS threads on itself in some way."
And a lot of the quest content is really...let's just say 'heavy'. CW: gross violence.
I crucified a man. In front of a camera crew. Literally loving crucified him. For a braindance. People are going to buy this to live the dream of watching somebody get crucified. Oh wait, did I say 'watch' somebody be crucified. I meant 'BE' somebody being crucified. (I'm not 100% sure on who was wearing the headset there). This is a world where people are buying first person snuff films from the perspective of the person being snuffed. Just...what in the ever living gently caress?!
And then there's the part where there's a MAGA-esque militia street gang. Except almost all their crimes are aimed at corporations and they back progressive politicians. I do not know what to make of them.
Just...I need break. I want to go back to that game a lot but I need a loving break.
Luckily as if by Providence Trials of Mana just went on sale. So I'm going to do that for a bit.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I wish they’d make a sequel to Crimson Skies. For some reason I really love that game. Online dogfighting would be amazing now. I mean killing nazis is always good.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

CobiWann posted:

A new Wing Commander/Tachyon style game.

A new Shining Force or Vandal Hearts style game. gently caress I loved Vandal Hearts.

theyve never stopped making srpgs

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
unless you meant vandal hearts 2, the better vandal hearts, because i dont see a lot of srpgs with both sides moving at the same time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I finished Cyberpunk and honestly it's a good game but I'll come back to it if and when they iron out all the kinks/add a bunch more content.

Now I'm finally gonna tackle Pillars of Eternity 2. After that I'll hopefully be moving so we'll see. Life is gonna feel weird being out of this state but I cannot wait. It's exciting and scary at the same time but I know its the right move.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Back on my bullshit listening to the O Brother soundtrack again. I'm a Soggy Bottom Boy, fellas

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

yeah I put cyberpunk on the shelf until the ps5 version. I still have Devil May Cry V, Spiderman/MM, and RDR2 to play so I should be well entertained

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Bluedeanie posted:

Back on my bullshit listening to the O Brother soundtrack again. I'm a Soggy Bottom Boy, fellas

I watched this again with my parents recently and that soundtrack really is a delight.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The Stroker Ace posted:

I wish they’d make a sequel to Crimson Skies. For some reason I really love that game. Online dogfighting would be amazing now. I mean killing nazis is always good.

Oh man, definitely. Or an updated version of the RPG. It was 7th Sea with even more flair!

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Oh man, definitely. Or an updated version of the RPG. It was 7th Sea with even more flair!

I never played the RPG just the Xbox game but it seems like a world you could do so much with.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

are u scare?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
All my grades are graded, all my emails are emailed, and I’m done for two weeks.

I will become the most cyber punk

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

With or without BB?

I'm good either way, I like the idea of having another reason to avoid rocking yourself around too much.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

yea ok posted:

are u scare?

these controllers are so powerful they don’t even need the bottom half of the button icons. wow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wtf. look at the right side of the image. what is that poo poo>? stairs? steps?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

ChrisBTY posted:

A game that is a spiritual successor to Might and Magics VI-VIII. It's infuriating to me how much people yearn for old Wizardry dungeon-crawler games while those have been completely overlooked by Indie Devs.
Yeah I would love something like this, though wouldn't it just be Skyrim except you're 4 people instead of 1?

Though to be fair to dungeon crawlers, Legend of Grimrock 1 and 2 are both fantastic games and I'd play more of that from that team.

Cavauro posted:

wtf. look at the right side of the image. what is that poo poo>? stairs? steps?

Behind the box? That's either someone's couch or someone's pants.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bluedeanie posted:

loving love that movie, love that soundtrack.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Skyrim with pausable combat and the ability to fly and rain death upon mountains of enemies. And a smaller number of larger dungeons. You probably wouldn't want to do a successor with bleeding edge graphics just because one of M&M's things was having a bunch of monsters on screen at the same time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Brut posted:

Behind the box? That's either someone's couch or someone's pants.

What the gently caress!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shard posted:

Now I'm finally gonna tackle Pillars of Eternity 2. After that I'll hopefully be moving so we'll see. Life is gonna feel weird being out of this state but I cannot wait. It's exciting and scary at the same time but I know its the right move.

I really need to finish that up (I think I'm right near the end) before getting into Cyberpunk properly. The game is so good and I kinda don't want it to end.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

had a nightmare about my leg and now I can't sleep.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ItohRespectArmy posted:

had a nightmare about my leg and now I can't sleep.

Don't worry your leg can't hurt you. Not while I'm here.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

NienNunb posted:

Don't worry your leg can't hurt you. Not while I'm here.

thank you mr niennunb

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just finished The Mandalorian and wow did that ending fuckin S U C K

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The CGI was ropey but I still had a loving blast watching it, and the post-credits teaser was loving awesome :colbert:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I think the show has been a lot of hammy fanservice but I marked out for the ending big time, bad cgi and all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mando lorian and lothric

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Some day a netflix or amazon or hulu will make a Dark Souls series, it will be awful and make me really sad and make my future nieces or nephews laugh at their broken, lonely old uncle for liking “those weird old games”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

started playing rdr2 again and it’s a whole lot better if you just get to chapter 3 or 4 and then don’t do the story missions at all but just treat it as a hunting and fishing and riding your horse and shooting up gangs simulator

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

started playing rdr2 again and it’s a whole lot better if you just get to chapter 3 or 4 and then don’t do the story missions at all but just treat it as a hunting and fishing and riding your horse and shooting up gangs simulator

Wait, there was another way to play it? :aaa:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i just trusted dutch's plan and ended up in tahiti with all my pals alive and well :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Finished Yakuza Kiwami 2’s main story. The ending is basically this, change my mind https://youtu.be/vmd1qMN5Yo0

(Truly excellent game, could be a top 10 game ever for me honestly. Still have Majima Saga and am gonna put some time into the cabaret club and construction minigames)