Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

people dont think of CDPR as an indie dev because they own like the fourth? biggest storefront in the market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CDPR is a publicly traded company with multiple offices, they publish 3rd party games, have their own digital storefront, and employ 800+ people. They aren't indie by any stretch of the definition.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Witcher 2 to 3 was an absolutely incredible step up in production value, content, and scope. It was realistic for Cyberpunk to be more ambitious yet. I think what really hurt CDPR was becoming publicly traded. Every revered private company that goes public becomes predatory corpo trash scum. They all promise "We'll never forget our roots, we'll stay true to our old values!" and it's always a lie. There would still be crunch under a private CDPR but I think the timeline and quality of the released game would have been very different.

In this case for example, the board made ludicrous demands the actual staff knew they could never meet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Cyberpunk has been totally playable for me on xsx but I'm a bit worried about the plot/gameplay after Pacifica. Kinda losing me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For control ultimate edition is it easy to transfer your Xbox one save to xsx? I don't have my one X anymore, nor the old disc.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

For control ultimate edition is it easy to transfer your Xbox one save to xsx? I don't have my one X anymore, nor the old disc.

Your save is up in the cloud, so it wont be an issue unless the devs did something intentional to make sure your save not compatible.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Your save is up in the cloud, so it wont be an issue unless the devs did something intentional to make sure your save not compatible.

I think Xbox manages game saves better than Sony.

Like the save for control and control ultimate edition would be the same on Xbox, regardless of disc or digital.

Sony iirc each of those is its own sku and they all have a unique save file. (At least that's what I thought some people complained about up thread)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Laserface posted:

Like the save for control and control ultimate edition would be the same on Xbox, regardless of disc or digital.

Sony iirc each of those is its own sku and they all have a unique save file. (At least that's what I thought some people complained about up thread)

Idk about control regular --> ultimate.
Those are usually not compatible but the same game should carry saves over even if its got discrete one/series versions

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

This whole CP debacle makes me glad that Halo Infinite is delayed for an entire year. I still have high hopes for Halo. I need it to be really good, it's mandatory.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

This whole CP debacle makes me glad that Halo Infinite is delayed for an entire year. I still have high hopes for Halo. I need it to be really good, it's mandatory.

Much like the cyberpunk fans should've tempered expectations, so should you.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

Been finding a lot of 8v8 games lately on mcc. Reach is great, played this game mode called skulls yesterday which was excellent.

I’m glad it’s delayed too, hoping they focus more on the new consoles. i am one of the few that liked halo 5, but the map variety was pretty poor.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

Been finding a lot of 8v8 games lately on mcc. Reach is great, played this game mode called skulls yesterday which was excellent.

Same for me, suddenly I have no issues in finding 8v8 games for Reach and H3. I'm not sure what changed but matchmaking is perfect these days.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The idea that an independent dev who only did the witcher was gonna pull off the next evolutionary step in FPS rpg was outlandish and it's silly how many people were all in on thinking they would pull it off

Were it not for the abundance of gameplay videos I think you'd have a point, but when the developers put out multiple extended gameplay videos and developer commentaries (I don't think I've seen any other game have so much gameplay footage shown pre-release before) then it's fair for people to think "I've seen hours of gameplay footage that looks great at this point, I think they'll pull it off."

I haven't played it myself but I've been watching Cohh's streams of it (on a stupidly powerful PC) and it looks really nice and enjoyable to play. I've seen him encounter some bugs but nothing major and he saves a lot so whenever a problem came up he just quickly loaded his last save and carried on. I think the devs just took a Crysis approach to development and given they prohibited reviewers from showing their own footage for reviews means they knew they messed up big time. Blaming people for thinking all of those gameplay videos were genuine is placing the blame in the wrong direction.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Glad I played the normal version on gamepass for a bit so I know I don't care about the game or the update.

I played it on Game Pass too, and it took me a few hours to really grab me but ended up being super enjoyable. What a wild ride. Maybe Remedy's best game to date.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
the back 4 blood alpha is the best gaming product released this month

take notes on a functioning game cdpr

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

BoosterDuck posted:

the back 4 blood alpha is the best gaming product released this month

holy crap a new l4d unexpected great news to see

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Idk about control regular --> ultimate.
Those are usually not compatible but the same game should carry saves over even if its got discrete one/series versions

I went from game pass->ultimate edition(I thought it was the DLC laffo) and it created a new launcher I can't use for the ultimate edition of the game so who the hell knows.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Shigeru Miyamoto posted:

A delayed game might be loving terrible, like Duke Nukem Forever, but a rushed game is forever bad

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

343 is killing all Halo servers for the Xbox 360 in December 2021.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1340069894084308992?s=20

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Aparantly if your Cyberpunk save file gets larger than 8MB, it gets corrupted. :laffo:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Aparantly if your Cyberpunk save file gets larger than 8MB, it gets corrupted. :laffo:

All the finest open world RPGs do this on PS3.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Waking up in a sweat remembering the ash piles that are still present on my New Vegas saves

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I'm confused. I bought Control Ultimate edition because it's half off and the release date is listed as 9/10/20. I knew the X|S port is a month or two away still, so I figured it was just the xbox one version with all the expansions.

quote:

This bundle contains the Xbox One version of Control: Ultimate Edition available on September 10, 2020, and the Xbox Series X|S version of Control: Ultimate Edition to be available when it releases in early 2021.

However, the download is only 250MB and when I start it the splash screen displays for a second before it crashes to the dashboard. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the xbox, and successfully installed other games. Any idea what stupid thing I'm doing wrong?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It installs 2 things, regular control (jesse back turned to you, white borders) and enhanced (jesse facing you, black borders). The black border one wont work while white does. Check your downloads/manually scoot over to regular control.

Its really stupid.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

It installs 2 things, regular control (jesse back turned to you, white borders) and enhanced (jesse facing you, black borders). The black border one wont work while white does. Check your downloads/manually scoot over to regular control.

Its really stupid.

Oh geez. I didn't realize it was going to be 2 installs. I just assumed the 250MB installation was a launcher kinda deal and would download the relevant content when it's available. Thank you!

Weird poo poo.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Control has a seperate install for the unreleased S|X version, presumably just to screw anyone who didn't buy the upgrade.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

DoomTrainPhD posted:

How are you supposed to prevent this? Not duplicate the space oddity painting 400 times?

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Blind Rasputin posted:

How are you supposed to prevent this? Not duplicate the space oddity painting 400 times?

Don't craft.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Laserface posted:

To transfer my Spiderman PS4 save to the ultimate edition I had to rebuy the PS4 disc, install it, upload the save to my ps5, then download it on the ultimate edition install. Bit traumatizing.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

To transfer my Spiderman PS4 save to the ultimate edition I had to rebuy the PS4 disc, install it, upload the save to my ps5, then download it on the ultimate edition install. Bit traumatizing.
Yep, I had to do this, too. It's a very dumb system.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
If you get a refund on a digitally downloaded game like Cyberpunk, do they take back your achievements too?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

falz posted:

If you get a refund on a digitally downloaded game like Cyberpunk, do they take back your achievements too?

No. Basically it works like if it was a game trial that expired. So the game is still installed, you just can’t launch it without a disc or re-buying, and your saves and cheevos remain if you get the game again some other time ao you can pick up where you left off.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Is this so mind-boggling if Akuma hadn’t backed you up I wouldn’t believe it.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

univbee posted:

No. Basically it works like if it was a game trial that expired. So the game is still installed, you just can’t launch it without a disc or re-buying, and your saves and cheevos remain if you get the game again some other time ao you can pick up where you left off.

I haven't had an xbox in a while, but the 360 trials I remember never even let you get achievements without buying it.

That time predates games with gold and whatnot, so all of these concepts are currently foreign to me.

Anyway, just curious.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm pretty sure my account kept the 6,000 MS reward points I got for getting cyberpunk even after refunding. It won't happen but it would be nice if this game sparked Sony MS and steam to offer more case by case big refunds. Cyberpunk is a bad glitchy poo poo game but its still playable on Series X, yet MW Cold War was/is crashing consoles and doesn't offer any refund beyond normal protocol from what I've heard. Cold War is a more broken game on the X than cyberpunk technically so it should have a similar policy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When I bought my Xbox Series X, my wife recommended I give the Xbox One X to her dad. I figured her parents would appreciate it as a 4K blu-ray player. But turns out too her dad wants to play video games on it. :kiddo: He is baby boomer age and never showed any interest in gaming at all until now. So trying to find some games to gift him. I got him Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition as a digital code from Microsoft because its $28 right now and he really likes cars, and the game has tons of accessibility features that make it perfect for anyone. Trying to think of other games that fall into that category.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
It's odd to me that Doom Eternal is on Game Pass but Doom 2016 isn't. I'll probably grab it since it's $6 on sale now; has anyone tried it (Doom 2016 to be clear) on Series S/X? I get the impression its performance was already great even on the One S/X so maybe there's not really even room for improvement?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Martman posted:

It's odd to me that Doom Eternal is on Game Pass but Doom 2016 isn't. I'll probably grab it since it's $6 on sale now; has anyone tried it (Doom 2016 to be clear) on Series S/X? I get the impression its performance was already great even on the One S/X so maybe there's not really even room for improvement?

It runs on auto mode, so it scales to the hardware automatically. Series X runs it at native 4K and 60fps.

For those that haven't bought Doom 2016 yet, I would actually recommend getting this instead https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/doom-slayers-collection/9p8v0xn81s1w?cid=msft_web_search&activetab=pivot:overviewtab much better deal in my opinion as it has all of the games from the original up to Doom 2016.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 19, 2020

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

I said come in! posted:

It runs on auto mode, so it scales to the hardware automatically. Series X runs it at native 4K and 60fps.
Welp some day I'll get a fancy TV, but that's cool at least.

Frustrating that the Doom Slayers set doesn't have Doom 64, which is on sale separately.

Martman fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I don't think it's possible to buy a non-4K tv these days.