Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is Luke going to eventually be the antagonist of this show?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I cried.

I'm also all in for Boba and Fennec Take The Underworld: The Series.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Phylodox posted:

Is it going to be a separate Boba Fett show? Or is season 3 of The Mandalorian going to be about Boba Fett?

Another goon mentioned it in the Mando thread, but maybe the title of the series isn't beholden to just Din. The idea of the series being an anthology detailing the stories of different Mandalorians is a neat idea. Like seasons 1 and 2 were The Book of Din Djarin, Volume 1. Season 3 starts The Book of Boba Fett. Then maybe another season would be The Book of Bo-Katan, The Book of Sabine Wren, etc. If another season or two picks up Din's story again, that'd be The Book of Din Djarin, Volume 2. Would explain the episodes being called chapters and whatnot.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

Another goon mentioned it in the Mando thread, but maybe the title of the series isn't beholden to just Din. The idea of the series being an anthology detailing the stories of different Mandalorians is a neat idea. Like seasons 1 and 2 were The Book of Din Djarin, Volume 1. Season 3 starts The Book of Boba Fett. Then maybe another season would be The Book of Bo-Katan, The Book of Sabine Wren, etc. If another season or two picks up Din's story again, that'd be The Book of Din Djarin, Volume 2. Would explain the episodes being called chapters and whatnot.

I think this idea would potentially kill the series. People are here for Din and Baby Yoda. Changing them out would make a lot of people (not necessarily people here, but the masses) leave pretty quick.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

I think this idea would potentially kill the series. People are here for Din and Baby Yoda. Changing them out would make a lot of people (not necessarily people here, but the masses) leave pretty quick.

Either way, I'm down for whatever.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Let a story end. If Filoni and Favreau honestly move on, having told the story of Din Djarin and Grogu, my respect for them will be boundless.

Resolve whatever loose threads vis-a-vis the Darksaber etc. in The Book of Bo-Katan or The Book of Sabine Wren.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Right. It's not like Din can't show up in The Book of Boba Fett either. There's nothing stopping Favreau/Filoni from doing so. Maybe Boba's story somewhere down the line intersects with the Darksaber arc eventually.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I wouldn't mind them moving away to something else before milking Din for all he's worth.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I mean, the most reasonable path for the show going forward is for the titular Mandalorian to become involved with whatever is going on on Mandalore. Right?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can honestly say out of all the Jedi I thought could show up that was definitely not a person on my list lol WHAAAAT

but does this mean kylo kills grogu :ohdear:

^^ to all that I would rather The Mandalorian be about Pedro and baby yoda and just give Fett and Fennric their own differently titled show but also if they change it Disney knows I'm not gonna stop watching so they're just gonna do whatever they want and I'll eat it

site fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 18, 2020

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thrawn527 posted:

Has that been confirmed yet?

Leland Chee made a tweet to the effect of "treat every day like investor day", and on investor day itself, Kennedy made mention of the next season of Mando--so I think so

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

General Dog posted:

I mean, the most reasonable path for the show going forward is for the titular Mandalorian to become involved with whatever is going on on Mandalore. Right?

That makes sense, but it's just weird that the titular Mandalorian just got sent off to Jedi boarding school.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If boba takes over the mandalorian and din moves to rangers of the new republic does that make din a cop and therefore ideologically immoral and we have to disown him

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Mandalorian and the Book of Boba Fett are two separate shows. Boba was actually revealed by Deadline or Variety a few months back, and it’s been filming on Mando’s Tatooine sets for a while now. It’s going to be a limited miniseries, somewhere in the 4-6 episode range. Mando S3 just started production in the last month iirc.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I haven't been keeping up with the show that much but out of curiosity did they ever give the baby Yoda a proper name or is it still just "The Child"?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Larryb posted:

I haven't been keeping up with the show that much but out of curiosity did they ever give the baby Yoda a proper name or is it still just "The Child"?

His name is Grogu

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I hope the boba show deals with how the hutts are going to react to boba crowning himself Don of Tattooine.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I like that one of the criteria to rule Tatooine is "Dad Bod"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe Boba can afford some pants now

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

General Dog posted:

Maybe Boba can afford some pants now

I like his hobo pants.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

Leland Chee made a tweet to the effect of "treat every day like investor day", and on investor day itself, Kennedy made mention of the next season of Mando--so I think so

I have no idea why you think that means anything in regards to season 3 of Mando not being the Boba Fett show. I guess the first part could mean that any day could include a new show announcement? But the second part is about anything regarding the next season of Mando, be it about Boba Fett or Din. Unless there’s something in it you didn’t share here.

But in regards to my original question, so no, it hasn’t been confirmed? As in, there has been no official announcement that the Boba Fett show and season 3 of Mando are two different shows?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I hope you’re right. But until I see actual confirmation from Lucasfilm, I’m worried.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 19, 2020

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Mandalorian season 3 is going to be the continuing adventures of Din Djarin and have nothing to do with Boba Fett: King of poo poo Mountain, a completely separate show. Disney will likely clarify this soon in some fashion so the nerds will stop frothing at the mouth.

I’m kind of hoping Bo Katan challenges Din so he can beat the snot out of her arrogant butt. I hope the new season starts with that fight right after Luke leaves with Grogu. Din’s emotions will be so raw she won’t stand a chance. Then when he’s done, he just tosses the darksaber on the floor and fucks off to Navarro to find his Armorer mentor for a long overdue discussion about The Way. Shits gonna be great.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
S3s main challenge is gonna be replacing baby yoda with something equally adorable

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

site posted:

S3s main challenge is gonna be replacing baby yoda with something equally adorable

I’d be ok with this but I also wouldn’t mind if it went to some darker places.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

site posted:

Murderdroid companion

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

site posted:

He finds another one but this time it’s actually a time displaced baby yoda

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

site posted:

It's going to be Jabba's son from Clone Wars, he'll somehow will still be a baby.

I kinda hope Cad Bane appears in the Boba Fett series, we never got that duel.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

site posted:

Baby Plo Koon is gonna be huge.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

One of Ki-Adi Mundi's many, many, many, many kids

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

thrawn527 posted:

I have no idea why you think that means anything in regards to season 3 of Mando not being the Boba Fett show. I guess the first part could mean that any day could include a new show announcement? But the second part is about anything regarding the next season of Mando, be it about Boba Fett or Din. Unless there’s something in it you didn’t share here.

But in regards to my original question, so no, it hasn’t been confirmed? As in, there has been no official announcement that the Boba Fett show and season 3 of Mando are two different shows?

I’m not trying to be a dick, I hope you’re right. But until I see actual confirmation from Lucasfilm, I’m worried.

My takeaway from thst tweet was "hey look, this is another announcement, just like the ones at the investor day". And they announced the new show as "the book of boba Fett" not "the Mandalorian season 3: the book of boba Fett"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

jivjov posted:

My takeaway from thst tweet was "hey look, this is another announcement, just like the ones at the investor day". And they announced the new show as "the book of boba Fett" not "the Mandalorian season 3: the book of boba Fett"

That and they'd be bonkers to cancel/drastically change the one thing they made that Star Wars fans/critics actually like with a cliffhanger ending.

They like money. The Mandalorian/Baby Yoda makes a lot of it. That's all you need to know about a season 3.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

That and they'd be bonkers to cancel/drastically change the one thing they made that Star Wars fans/critics actually like with a cliffhanger ending.

They like money. The Mandalorian/Baby Yoda makes a lot of it. That's all you need to know about a season 3.

On the other hand, Filoni and Favreau are their golden geese, and if they make the (very respectable) creative decision to end one story and move onto another, I don't think Disney will stop them.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

“This is another announcement” doesn’t mean an announcement of another show. And “The Book of Boba Fett” would fit with “The Book of Din” having been what we’ve been watching this whole time, what with all the episodes being chapters and all.

All I’m saying is that we don’t know yet. I’m hoping for an announcement soon.

Raveen
Jul 18, 2004
Good ending to the season but with the mention of Thrawn from Asoka? ... did we see Luke or Luuke?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
It would be weird to end it here after they very deliberately set up the plot hook with Bo-Katan and the Darksaber.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Raveen posted:

Good ending to the season but with the mention of Thrawn from Asoka? ... did we see Luke or Luuke?

Yeah he flew in on his X-Wiing with R2-DD2

Raveen
Jul 18, 2004
"Yeah he flew in on his X-Wiing with R2-DD2"

x-wings and r2 units are really rare in the star wars universe right? as much as i don't want baby yoda/Grogu to connect with a clone jedi, it makes a great plot twist to those that haven't read the books

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vinylshadow posted:

Murderdroid companion

Live-action Triple Zero and BeeTee? I’m here for it :getin:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anarcho-Commissar posted:

I think it was another member of the 501st who told me, but yes there are diehards who are crazy for a character that amounted to very little in the films.

For them I made this:

This aged hilariously well.

Honestly I didn’t mean for this post just to be a dick post. It’s just the first thing I saw when I started looking in the thread, and accidentally clicked next page, to see if there was big op. It’s kind of funny considering I do remember hearing this viewpoint a lot..Boba the Putz and all, and it’s just humorous how much has changed in the last few years.

More recently I had a chance to watch the last few episodes the clone wars and Jesus Christ the animation on the last two is fantastic. Also great episodes too. It’s funny how the prequel movies are not good, but they laid the groundwork for a lot of good spin off stuff that would’ve never have happened, except for the prequel trilogy being made.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The prequels are a good story told very badly.

The sequels are a dumb story told relatively competently if only from a filmmaking point of view.