Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Keep an eye out for glowing white balls that are also God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Joke's on you i am most familiar with luciferin from metal gear solid 3.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Cythereal posted:

They're in my pants, not space.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Guardians from what, precisely?

By the design of that ship, I'm guessing asteroids. And the occasional bonus alien, of course.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
nothing can stop the arrival of

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Pththya-lyi posted:

Heritage? What heritage? The Space Force is just under a year old!

Unless they're not telling us something :tinfoil:
They're going to put confederate statues on the moon to keep them safe from antifa

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Cythereal posted:

:orb:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mods, can I get a ruling on PYF Dick Pics?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mods, can I get a ruling on PYF Dick Pics?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What the gently caress does Space Force have to do with heritage and culture, or is this another desperate dogwhistle while Trump's still in office?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Vib Rib posted:

What the gently caress does Space Force have to do with heritage and culture, or is this another desperate dogwhistle while Trump's still in office?

You answered your own question!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Vib Rib posted:

Heritage refers to their heritage as the Air Force Space Command.

Culture in this sense is referring to having positive values, e.g. "fostering a culture of proactiveness" "fostering a culture of racial equality"

It's weird and stilted military jargon, but it's not meant to be a dogwhistle.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1339936341430214669

Guess what? I, too, lived in the 1970s, and housing was cheaper, college was cheaper, and there existed Pell grants (free) and cheaper student loans. As one boomer to another, Xeni should just OK their rear end out of here.

So I remember her from this famous exchange:

I was kind of curious about her name, though, and it's quite the rabbit hole.

quote:

“It was a nickname that stuck during her travels through Mexico and Guatemala with her mentor, Dr. Munir Xochipillicueponi Quetzalkanbalam, a writer, performer, director, composer, entrepreneur and Mayan expert whom Jardin considers her adoptive father.”

Indian first name, meso-american last name, while not impossible is improbable, not even factoring in the man’s boisterous resume. Despite such a large resume, this Dr. Munir does not, at least in my findings, exist at all.
A quick google search reveals little information about Dr. Munir that is not already intrinsically connected to Xeni. There are but only blog posts written by Ms. Jardin are able to corroborate this. A brief public records search on the name revealed that it was associated with another similarly unorthodox being, by the name of Maestro. Curiously, both of these people had phone numbers and addresses in Ms. Jardin’s birth name.
Even further, no records of a Munir Xochipillicueponi Quetzalkanbalam exist as an alumni of any university website across many different searches.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Wait until you get a load of one Cory Doctorow.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1340008500051718144

Toms not the idiot the person he quoted is

E: right from the source, this dude gonna delete this

https://twitter.com/ztwithdabeatz/status/1340007078803468288?s=20

E2: oh my god this dude is an absolute pillar of salt just check his tweets today

orange juche has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Dec 19, 2020

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Catpain Slack posted:

*"The Vengabus Is Coming" slowly increases in volume*

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

orange juche posted:

E2: oh my god this dude is an absolute pillar of salt just check his tweets today

I like the part where he begs for buttcoins

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah the whole “Germany has no nazis” thing is p much all from people totally unfamiliar with Germany. The nazis never went away, the Bundeswehr was founded by nazis, half the Stasi was in the Gestapo, the cops are completely infiltrated with nazis, there’s still loads of nazis. It’s like saying there’s no racists in the US bc Jethro the Klansman knows how to use dog whistles

Denazification in Germany went a lot deeper than the non-existent deklannification of America. Practically, that means the funnels work in reverse. In Germany, to get your Persilschein, you had to create a convincing story. That requires a certain amount of guile and connections. In America, to become a cop, you have to take an intelligence test. A test that you have to fail because they want idiots. So you have smart (ex?)Nazis rising to the top or dumb current fascists enforcing social order.

Either way, it's Nazis-all-the-way-down but Nazis *in* the system is functionally distinct from Nazis *enforcing* the system.

The whole album is amazing. I love that she wanted to be a pop-star but instead just became the (wife of a) cult leader. "S.O.S. (My Signal of Distress)" is probably my favorite song on the album, but "Did Charlie Make a Monkey Out of You" deserves a special mention. Plus the music video for "He's Coming Soon!". There is so much more than just "Kathy Don't Go!" though Kathy is absolutely the single.

hyperhazard posted:

The best one I've seen is that the element Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons, and 6 neutrons, therefore Carbon = 666. By breathing in carbon dioxide, you're breathing in Satan, so masks are the sign of the beast.

These are the same people ten years ago who were saying that Obama was the antichrist because O is the 15th letter of the alphabet, and if you add the numbers of these three Revelation verses, they equal 15. Also, if you add the number of chalices to the number of trumpets, and divide by the number of plagues in Exodus...

Biblical numerology is a crazy rabbit hole.

If this isn't a part of weird-rear end Evangelion poo poo that is a real missed opportunity. "We're carbon-based life. 6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons. 666". It wouldn't be in the series but some weird fannon poo poo were Misato is like eating until she is so obese she explodes or Shinji turns into a car and the artist was clearly stroking themselves over every single frame.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pththya-lyi posted:

Heritage? What heritage? The Space Force is just under a year old!

Unless they're not telling us something :tinfoil:

I mean yeah? The military space shuttle is way older

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

orange juche posted:

Oof.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The world deserves to be paid for Cyberpunk, and it's still probably not enough.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

VinylonUnderground posted:

If this isn't a part of weird-rear end Evangelion poo poo that is a real missed opportunity. "We're carbon-based life. 6 protons, 6 neutrons, 6 electrons. 666". It wouldn't be in the series but some weird fannon poo poo were Misato is like eating until she is so obese she explodes or Shinji turns into a car and the artist was clearly stroking themselves over every single frame.

I feel like just by writing this you have caused an unlabeled vhs to pop into existence that's some preacher's end-times conspiracy rant intercut with Evangelion poo poo. It doesn't mention anime or Japan at all. It's just a man in cokebottle glasses reading passages about the beast while Unit-01 flashes on screen.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Catpain Slack posted:

I think that might be what they're trying to guard us from.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/operation_rosie/status/1340210979120955392
https://twitter.com/AngeMaryClaire/status/1340196093368303617
https://twitter.com/lilac_teacake/status/1340211089443758080
https://twitter.com/laurenybonner/status/1340218272633917440

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

the gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My sexual fetish is adult women talking about that time they accidentally elbowed their uncle in the nuts when they were children.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

This clown is replying to news stories etc with his hella dunked on "y u remove game" tweet, so he's clearly trying to farm engagement/attention, but I'll be hosed if I can work out why

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Flint_Paper posted:

This clown is replying to news stories etc with his hella dunked on "y u remove game" tweet, so he's clearly trying to farm engagement/attention, but I'll be hosed if I can work out why

he has a soundcloud, he's a "music man" or whatever the hell

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

kirbysuperstar posted:

he has a soundcloud, he's a "music man" or whatever the hell

Me being a complete loving idiot really blew up, here's my soundcloud.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

VinylonUnderground posted:

The whole album is amazing. I love that she wanted to be a pop-star but instead just became the (wife of a) cult leader. "S.O.S. (My Signal of Distress)" is probably my favorite song on the album, but "Did Charlie Make a Monkey Out of You" deserves a special mention. Plus the music video for "He's Coming Soon!". There is so much more than just "Kathy Don't Go!" though Kathy is absolutely the single.

There's an album?! Need to find it immediately...Wait this song is from Children of God? I knew about the song, and the cult, but somehow never knew they were connected.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hyperhazard posted:

The best one I've seen is that the element Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons, and 6 neutrons, therefore Carbon = 666. By breathing in carbon dioxide, you're breathing in Satan, so masks are the sign of the beast.

These are the same people ten years ago who were saying that Obama was the antichrist because O is the 15th letter of the alphabet, and if you add the numbers of these three Revelation verses, they equal 15. Also, if you add the number of chalices to the number of trumpets, and divide by the number of plagues in Exodus...

Biblical numerology is a crazy rabbit hole.

You know what’s worse? Elemental carbon.

Rolling coal is the mark of the beast.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Platystemon posted:

You know what’s worse? Elemental carbon.

Rolling coal is the mark of the beast.
How dare you try to make me like rolling coal :colbert:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Inceltown posted:

They're in my pants, not space.

https://youtu.be/vrFfVQf0TUM

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
I always forget this was an actual show and not just made for a Radiohead music video.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Trump heard the term alien and thought it meant illegal immigrants come from space.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

Ambitious Spider posted:

There's an album?! Need to find it immediately...Wait this song is from Children of God? I knew about the song, and the cult, but somehow never knew they were connected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfU5r63AXY

"Moments" is probably the worst song on the album (also the longest) and it comes right after the first one (SOS). So there is a bit where it drags. "Mother let me live" also took a while to grow on me. But the rest is super solid.

De-dah-dah-dah-de!

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

there wolf posted:

I feel like just by writing this you have caused an unlabeled vhs to pop into existence that's some preacher's end-times conspiracy rant intercut with Evangelion poo poo. It doesn't mention anime or Japan at all. It's just a man in cokebottle glasses reading passages about the beast while Unit-01 flashes on screen.

https://youtu.be/0JPRvxTjfOk?t=40

Closest I could find.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This poo poo is hilarious.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Stay frosty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can we get this, the greatest of idiot gifs, in the OP?

https://twitter.com/I_am_the_Impala/status/1340414949156409344

Only registered members can see post attachments!