Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Crusader posted:

welp i have gotten insanely high as i planned to wheeeee

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crusader posted:

welp i have gotten insanely high as i planned to wheeeee

Now is the perfect time to call the cspam feedback hotline!

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what would you like to know about the wonderful world of dabs, i'm somewhat of a fan

One of my greatest stoner embarrassments is I still have no idea how to do a dab, I was at a friend's place and they left me alone to do a dab so I just kinda bumbled around until I broke something (I replaced it don't worry) and I've been too scared to touch a dab rig ever since

How do I dab

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

all you do is put the tip of the pen up to your lips so when you breathe it feels like youre suching through a straw\

note do not ask me how to keep yourself from drooling on it i still jhavent figured that part out

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Crazycryodude posted:

One of my greatest stoner embarrassments is I still have no idea how to do a dab, I was at a friend's place and they left me alone to do a dab so I just kinda bumbled around until I broke something (I replaced it don't worry) and I've been too scared to touch a dab rig ever since

How do I dab

I literally have other people do everything except the inhaling for me

Same with bongs for the longest time

I'm baby

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
New page, new cat pic

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

T-Man if you have a vapcap check out the dynacoil, I picked one up recently and it works very well. that plus a basic dab tool to use for loading your concentrate is all you'd need to start doing dabs.

then get a gram of whatever concentrate sounds good and go to town. I prefer the ones that are more crumbly and firm than the goopy saucy ones, I just find them easier to work with.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Crazycryodude posted:

How do I dab

okay so this is specifically for using a quartz banger with a dab rig, but what I do is I heat it with the torch for a while until it seems real hot (this is usually like a couple of minutes? i have no idea i don't really pay attention to this part and most of the time i'm already high doing it) and then once it's real rippin' hot I let it sit for anywhere between 30 seconds and a minute, depending on how spicy you want your dab to be, then i put the concentrate in the banger and go to space

or just buy a like top airflow sai and a box mod and go wild with that

Amp has issued a correction as of 00:44 on Dec 19, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
also you can't do dabs worse than i did the first time i didn't wait at all after heating up the banger and my dab caught on fire in the banger

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
dab carts take 100% of the guess work and fire outta it, i suggest those tbh

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
been dabbin on the same half gram of sugar wax i got at the 'spensary for the last 4 days and it's still goin strong. of course im the dumdum who, instead of maintaining my super low tolerance, simply had to get into the dabs already

but at least the dabs im taking are super tiny low temp ones and they're gettin' me s hitty wasted so this half g is gonna last a few more days. pseudo-low tolerance I guess? maybe I'll take a t break when the wax runs out so the actual weed works in low amounts again

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

also you can't do dabs worse than i did the first time i didn't wait at all after heating up the banger and my dab caught on fire in the banger

the real dab crackheads know that e-nails are the way to go, I've seen a couple nails actually explode because dumbasses sat there with a loving giantass blowtorch used for cutting metal on it for like a minute straight

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

the real dab crackheads know that e-nails are the way to go, I've seen a couple nails actually explode because dumbasses sat there with a loving giantass blowtorch used for cutting metal on it for like a minute straight

they're so expensive when I can just buy butane and also use my torch to make creme brulee

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

what would you like to know about the wonderful world of dabs, i'm somewhat of a fan

1) how do you dab
2) how are dabs different from normal hits
3) is there a vaping method to dabbing
4) how hard are dabs on your lungs
5) what's the cheapest way to do dabs? (least waste and/or best high/$ ratio)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

T-man posted:

1) how do you dab
2) how are dabs different from normal hits
3) is there a vaping method to dabbing
4) how hard are dabs on your lungs
5) what's the cheapest way to do dabs? (least waste and/or best high/$ ratio)

1) personally? see above post about dab rig usage, but also frequently one of theseon a vape battery (like the kind that vapelords use), there are also things like dab straws that are long pieces of (I think?) glass that you heat the tip of use the heated glass tip to vaporize your concentrates and inhale through the straw.

2) i think they're way stronger comparing hit-for-hit so you need to consume less, generally

3) it's all technically vaping but yeah you can definitely get a setup that's more similar to using a vape pen than loving around with fire or whatever. the thing tmfc mentioned (dynacoil and vapcap) is also a really good option that's super simple.

4) this is pretty variable, one of the cool things with dabbing is that you can vary the temperature quite a bit and still get great results

5) unsure about this unfortunately

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Virgil Vox posted:

:magical: what level of weed wizard are you ?

the last girl i dated drained a 1g cart over a weekend

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
getting a cured/live resin 510 cartridge is a good introduction to concentrates, no?

i always have one on hand if i want to take it with me on a bike ride or if im out of town. pretty easy to stash in your bathroom kit.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Chinatown posted:

getting a cured/live resin 510 cartridge is a good introduction to concentrates, no?

i always have one on hand if i want to take it with me on a bike ride or if im out of town. pretty easy to stash in your bathroom kit.

yeah definitely

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
a vape pen is not "doing a dab" even though it's a similar concept. idk why it just isn't. to do a dab, you take a small amount (like, a dab) of solid concentrate, which varies in consistency from butter to glass shards, and vaporize that poo poo and inhale it. you aren't really smoking it because there's no plant matter to light on fire.

you inhale the vapor through some kind of rig, which is basically a bubbler or a small bong or something like that. you don't need a lot of filtration because it's all the good stuff. but you don't like, pack a bowl of this and hit it with a lighter (although you can put it on top of a bowl of weed too). what you do is use a purpose built heating element in place of the normal bowl.

there are allll sorts of ways to do that poo poo. used to be people used bell shapes with a swing arm made of titanium, and you'd heat that with a butane torch (like a creme brulee torch). then there were titanium nails and glass domes and you'd insert the dab through the open top of the dome onto the torched nail. then people decided gently caress titanium let's use quartz, and they make so-called bangers out of that, which you can also heat with a torch. there are also e-nails that let you precisely control the temperature via electric current. some people have temp guns they point at their setup, you can get little thingies that spin on top and make the smokevapor do whatever, oh also there is a thing called the terp slurper and if you want a legit toro one it's about $1k lmao

basically it's hot knives through a bong. you do it however you want. just a dab though bro

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

DELETE CASCADE posted:

a vape pen is not "doing a dab" even though it's a similar concept.

what's the difference between a vape pen and a dab pen?

i only have a vape pen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress man, broke my last glass stem for my Arizer, knew I should have ordered a few more, these things are more fragile than they look imo

Good thing I got the ol classic VaporGenie :420:

hello old friend

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
high

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

:hai:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

i went to the weed store 2 days ago to get curbside and now im out of my daytime flower and carts because i didnt really think about it.

what im saying is i didnt buy enough weed

weed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

high

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why odes vpaing too muchj bad for you

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

1) personally? see above post about dab rig usage, but also frequently one of theseon a vape battery (like the kind that vapelords use), there are also things like dab straws that are long pieces of (I think?) glass that you heat the tip of use the heated glass tip to vaporize your concentrates and inhale through the straw.

2) i think they're way stronger comparing hit-for-hit so you need to consume less, generally

3) it's all technically vaping but yeah you can definitely get a setup that's more similar to using a vape pen than loving around with fire or whatever. the thing tmfc mentioned (dynacoil and vapcap) is also a really good option that's super simple.

4) this is pretty variable, one of the cool things with dabbing is that you can vary the temperature quite a bit and still get great results

5) unsure about this unfortunately

thanks! Honestly I'm probably just gonna get a bong adapter and go back to flower since I don't think edibles are sustainable for as heavy a user as I am.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
bong adapter

buying DLC for my bong

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

smarxist posted:

bong adapter

buying DLC for my bong

how do u DL it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh god i vaped too much im going to die

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Stairmaster posted:

drink a glass of cool water and take a nap

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Stairmaster posted:

false

you'll eventually fall asleep and then laugh at yourself later

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
had 13 abv pills a few hours ago and i was very close to 'this edible aint poo poo' territory until just now. god bless us everyone

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
yeah "this edible aint poo poo" is dangerous territory

amazing how fast things can shift from "this aint poo poo" to "holy loving god I'm literally falling between existence and non-existence and am eternally dying"

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

weed

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe