Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

White Coke posted:

Between calling a corrupt politician an ogre and having a thinly veiled commentary about the conquest and exploitation of Algeria, I look forward to seeing where this goes.
Ah, that's what the story about the invasion of the desert with all the gold was meant to signify?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Of all the things I expected from this hack, a winnowing takedown of capitalism and colonialism probably wasn’t even anywhere on the top 100 list. Wow.

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

And to top things off, we have Alexandre Benalla, former security officer and deputy chief of staff of Emmanuel Macron. He had real close ties to the President, before he was dismissed when news broke out that he had been usurping the functions of a police officer to brutalize protestors... and kept using his diplomatic passports way after he was supposed to hand them over... and was getting financially involved with the Russian mafia.

I guess now he's a shapeshifter, usurping the functions of a Lizalfos to brutalize Kokiris. :allears:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Miacis posted:

And to top things off, we have Alexandre Benalla, former security officer and deputy chief of staff of Emmanuel Macron. He had real close ties to the President, before he was dismissed when news broke out that he had been usurping the functions of a police officer to brutalize protestors... and kept using his diplomatic passports way after he was supposed to hand them over... and was getting financially involved with the Russian mafia.

I guess now he's a shapeshifter, usurping the functions of a Lizalfos to brutalize Kokiris. :allears:

:eyepop:

What a wild ride!

Getting these facts revealed like this is truly the beauty of LP. Just watching the series on Youtube wouldn't have made it anywhere near as magical as all this context is making it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Miacis posted:

:shepface:

This hack fuckin owns.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That's incredible :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

:eyepop:

Master of Time is the gift that just keeps on giving!

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
It's the most important Ocarina of Time romhack ever made.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Miacis posted:

lmao it keeps getting better and better.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

this game is fascinating.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I can't believe the rabbit hole goes deeper

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Carpator Diei posted:

Ah, that's what the story about the invasion of the desert with all the gold was meant to signify?

That or France's colonial empire in general. If it turns out that the kingdom is forcing the desert country it invaded to keep all it's gold in banks and doesn't allow the desert country to withdraw most of it, and demands repayment for all the infrastructure investments it made all while staging coups to keep friendly governments in power, then it's not just Algeria.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Kinda half expecting the whole thing to get Milkshake Duck'ed at this point and have it turn out to contain easter eggs supporting Le Pen or some poo poo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I mean, we were honest but wow Nite read the room.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I love that we only freed one Kokiri and left the rest. Goku is cold

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Sometimes honesty isn't the best policy.

Hahahaha.

So is it literally just Farore's Wind with a different name?

Weeble fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 19, 2020

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What is it with Zelda hack designers and making gaps exactly as long as you can cross them?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was expecting some sort of puzzle to be done with notfarore's wind. Isn't there a trick you can do in the spirit temple of OG OoT with farore's wind?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

C-Euro posted:

What is it with Zelda hack designers and making gaps exactly as long as you can cross them?

This ain’t unique to Zelda romhacks. :v:

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Leal posted:

I was expecting some sort of puzzle to be done with notfarore's wind. Isn't there a trick you can do in the spirit temple of OG OoT with farore's wind?

You might be thinking of Nimpize, which had a weird farore's wind puzzle in the spirit temple

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

I'm glad they didn't shoehorn Phantom Ganon in just for the sake of having a boss fight. It works much better this way.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Leal posted:

notfarore's wind.

Farorain't's Wind

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

faux-rore’s wind

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I wanted to make a Bottle Grotto joke but couldn't think of a good one.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I love that randomly going through a zone transition just brings you back to the overworld and to a whole new area altogether.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Forest grottos: Daggerfall - Song 16

This is all I can think of when I see the "I'm so thirsty" text:

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Procrastine posted:

Forest grottos: Daggerfall - Song 16

This is all I can think of when I see the "I'm so thirsty" text:

I'm sorry to have to inform you but I have an issue with your comic and its' insinuation that Nite wouldn't be extremely enthusiastic about "just letting him loving die".

Wouldn't be at all surprised to find she's got a shrine to Khorne stashed away somewhere in this whole mess.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I think I'm glad that my expectations of a warp dungeon came true.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

True Wisdom is knowing what you don’t know. Goku clearly solved the temple and deserves his reward now

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Reminds me of the Water/Ice Temple gimmick back in Nimpize, with the way you loop round to the same room.

But combined with Skullkid's Wind warp puzzles. :allears:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
It seems remarkably clever so far, but "clever" doesn't always translate to "fun". I hope I'm wrong, but whenever I hear something to the effect of "trial of wisdom" in a game, I'm always prepared for a bad time

Also, I commend the creator for their ingenuity and their commitment to keeping up the verisimilitude of the world they built by not including bosses where they shouldn't logically be, but there is just something to fighting a boss that feels like a reward that this hack is sorely missing so far

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

The Door Frame posted:

It seems remarkably clever so far, but "clever" doesn't always translate to "fun". I hope I'm wrong, but whenever I hear something to the effect of "trial of wisdom" in a game, I'm always prepared for a bad time

Also, I commend the creator for their ingenuity and their commitment to keeping up the verisimilitude of the world they built by not including bosses where they shouldn't logically be, but there is just something to fighting a boss that feels like a reward that this hack is sorely missing so far

The Legend of Zelda: Goddess of Wisdom is pretty good. It has a couple missteps (backtracking due to missed keys shouldn't take half an hour), but the only part I got stuck on was a part where you had to freeze an enemy and toss it. But that was only because I didn't know frozen enemies get thrown further than rocks and whatnot

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

We may have managed to top Episode #11.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Strap in folks, this one's art.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo.

E: without spoiling anything in the episode, that was a pretty clever use of those particular Ingo and Talon models.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 22, 2020

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Goku IS the Pirate of the Pancreas.

That was amazing.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
sleep, baby, slee... :stonk:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

don't underestimate masters of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
Wow, this romhack has really gone off on its own fantastic voyage.