Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
🖖 to boldly fluids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
My mom is getting her Covid vaccine today :blessed:

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

The Glumslinger posted:

My mom is getting her Covid vaccine today :blessed:

Awesome. She's going to keep distancing, wear masks, and avoid gatherings for the next month, right!?

Edit:making an assumption that it's Pfizer and that there will be a second dose available.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Blitter posted:

Awesome. She's going to keep distancing, wear masks, and avoid gatherings for the next month, right!?

Edit:making an assumption that it's Pfizer and that there will be a second dose available.

Yup, she knows the drill. She wont be properly immune for until 2 weeks after her second shot, but its nice because she'll be able to reopen her practice by February

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just had a conference call with my team and my boss, and my boss alluded to the fact that 2021 is going to be worse than 2020 because "there's going to be a vaccine but it'll make you sicker than if you got COVID when you get it". :cmon:

I had to correct him as soon as he was done and pleaded with everyone to get their loving shots and deal with the maybe couple of days of flulike symptoms because it'll still be way better than getting COVID.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Surprised it took this long:

https://twitter.com/Emily_Baum/status/1339998093329137664

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
meanwhile in Wuhan

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1339568672801771521?s=21

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

those are cyberpunk screenshots you just got cyberpunked

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

24 hour update from Dose numero uno, shoulder is still real sore but my dick still works and Bill Gates hasn't messaged me at all, so far so good.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Fenarisk posted:

24 hour update from Dose numero uno, shoulder is still real sore but my dick still works and Bill Gates hasn't messaged me at all, so far so good.

What is your opinion regarding Office 365, open source software or Linux in general and have they changed during the last 48 hours?

EDIT: Just shitpost if you are unable to provide a real answer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fenarisk posted:

:waycool:
It's probably stupid of me but seeing real people actually getting a vaccine gives me a glimmer of hope that the next year won't be as apocalyptically bad as this one.

naem
May 29, 2011

followed by stories telling us proles to get back to work, get that economic furnace burning fuckers, you’ll get your vaccine at some point maybe

meanwhile, invest in funeral homes and crematoriums

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tagra posted:

So... https://onemileatatime.com/passenger-coronavirus-dies-united-flight/

How the hell does someone who is literally about to die think "Getting on this flight seems like a good idea. We better lie about symptoms so we aren't turned away." Unfortunately the article doesn't really mention what their reasons for travel were.

I assume he wasn't thinking at all, generally being deathly ill isn't great for your cognitive abilities. It's possible they had non-refundable tickets and felt they couldn't afford to throw those away and buy new tickets later. It's possible their health insurance has some sort of restrictions and he felt he couldn't afford a hospital stay outside his home state.

It' could have been something more primal. Bad things are happening and I need to get home. No rationality at all, just a need to get back home where you feel safe and in control. That happens sometimes.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Are there any good websites with worldwide vaccine stats? How many countries have vaccines, what percentage have been vaccinated etc. Would be nice a uplifting alternative to the coronavirus stat sites to follow.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's what the Alberta graph looked like a couple of weeks ago. They change the lingo from "flatten the curve" to "bend the curve" :laffo:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got ur covid vaccine right here pal

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1340015667114733569

https://twitter.com/christineniSF/status/1340024876455788544

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1339996485564379137

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Sucks to be those people.

Meanwhile in Covid-free Victoria I'm glazing the gently caress out of a ham in the BBQ and about to head out to the park to catch up with my dad's extended family. We'll all get on the beers as a tribute to Dan Andrews, blessings and peace be upon him.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
jesus christ those last two pages were a hell world ride

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Found out my Mom has Covid the other day and last I heard she was going to a hospital. We're not really close and I haven't seen her in person for a couple years now but it still has that spooky "hit close to home" feeling. Stay safe, y'all.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

It's long past time the whole anti-snitching meme came with the giant caveat of "HEY, REPORTING SCUMBAGS ACTIVELY ENDANGERING OTHERS IS ACTUALLY COOL AND GOOD."

Same goes for "Karens". Seeing increasing use of it by assholes upset that someone called them out on their poo poo: "What, you want me to wear a mask in this busy grocery store‽ gently caress you, you meddling Karen!"

It's insane. Calling the cops on drunk drivers saves lives why would this be any different?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I was talking to my Grandma and she said that her apartment complex and the attached nursing home are still at 0 cases.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

in case anyone wanted confirmation that this thing is actually safe

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
The usual suspects here in Canada are pissed that, "first nation's people are going to the front of the line". (their words) There was a reserve up north that had a +70% infection rate. :stare:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

PIZZA.BAT posted:

in case anyone wanted confirmation that this thing is actually safe

These are probably the same people who inject themselves full of colloidal silver though

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Guy Axlerod posted:

I was talking to my Grandma and she said that her apartment complex and the attached nursing home are still at 0 cases.

Zero tests too I’m betting?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

explosivo posted:

:waycool:
It's probably stupid of me but seeing real people actually getting a vaccine gives me a glimmer of hope that the next year won't be as apocalyptically bad as this one.

No, your hope is not stupid. Odds are very good that next December will be better than this one

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

But isn't the American election over? I was promised that everyone would forget about coronavirus the day after our election

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Meanwhile in Covid-free Victoria I'm glazing the gently caress out of a ham in the BBQ and about to head out to the park to catch up with my dad's extended family. We'll all get on the beers as a tribute to Dan Andrews, blessings and peace be upon him.

Jealous as gently caress, drinking Phillips in the park sounds like a nice way to spend a Friday.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

FourX or nothing, mate

Edit: my wife was an honorary fourex angel so I’m also biased.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Update:
https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1340046920631394310

quote:

In a letter to Stanford leadership sent on Thursday, the chief resident council wrote, “While leadership is pointing to an error in an algorithm meant to ensure equity and justice, our understanding is this error was identified on Tuesday and a decision was made not to revise the vaccine allocation scheme before its release today.” The council asked for a timeline for vaccination of the residents and transparency regarding the algorithm.

https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1340058801421103105
https://twitter.com/francisdeng/status/1340095246181535748

LOL the wrote an algorithm to figure out the order for who should get the vaccine which placed high preference on location but didn't have locations listed for most of their covid doctors so they got shoved to the back of the line. They were aware of the problem before they started vaccinating people but chose not to fix it.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Update:
https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1340046920631394310

https://twitter.com/CarolineYLChen/status/1340058801421103105
https://twitter.com/francisdeng/status/1340095246181535748

LOL the wrote an algorithm to figure out the order for who should get the vaccine which placed high preference on location but didn't have locations listed for most of their covid doctors so they got shoved to the back of the line. They were aware of the problem before they started vaccinating people but chose not to fix it.

If this sort of total clusterfuck is happening in regards to allocating the vaccine to frontline healthcare workers, you can know for certain us plebs won’t be getting it until 2022.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Can I have the vaccine of one of the chuds who refuses to get vaccinated?

Knowing those clowns they'll probably make a big show out of getting the vaccine and then posting a video of them flushing it down the toilet. Just to prove a point.(The point is they are misinformed manchildren throwing a fit for attention)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really, truly, absolutely, do not think that rich people are actually going to do a lot of things to get vaccinated before anyone else, at least not anymore than be given access to it by their doctors they play golf with. They're so loving stupid and Trump-brained, just like the poor people who gobble his diarrhea, that they'll find a facebook group that says the vaccine is made from Soros's semen and it gives autism and immediately protest a walgreens.

Like, don't forget that the biggest anti-vax crowd was (is?) rich white people, they basically started the movement. And those are for established vaccines that were developed years before and not 'big pharma' or 'the jews' or whatever these stupid assholes think.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

lol, good one pfizer

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's probably not a fuckup based on these reports that some blue states received lower shipments than promised, which is almost exactly what happened in April/May with PPE

KUSHNER!!! :arghfist:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Whenever you see someone say "we developed an algorithm" or "we used an algorithm", that is literally always code for "we are trying to obfuscate our decisions" unless they also publicly document the precise algorithm they used, and sometimes not even then.

Just keep that in mind when you read anything involving "algorithms" in the news unless it's stuff like image compression and other hard CS problems.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Best case scenario: we ordered some rows in excel.
Likely scenario: who bought an expensive thing and it's poo poo.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
We clicked run and somehow our names were at the top of the list. How could that possibly be wrong, do you know important we are? Reserved parking, baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Antigravitas posted:

Whenever you see someone say "we developed an algorithm" or "we used an algorithm", that is literally always code for "we are trying to obfuscate our decisions" unless they also publicly document the precise algorithm they used, and sometimes not even then.

Just keep that in mind when you read anything involving "algorithms" in the news unless it's stuff like image compression and other hard CS problems.
Oh you'll enjoy this then, here's a video of a dude explaining to a room of enraged doctors that the "very complex" algorithm was created by "experts" over "many weeks" but he admits that it had problems

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1340091749595815936

jokes posted:

I really, truly, absolutely, do not think that rich people are actually going to do a lot of things to get vaccinated before anyone else, at least not anymore than be given access to it by their doctors they play golf with. They're so loving stupid and Trump-brained, just like the poor people who gobble his diarrhea, that they'll find a facebook group that says the vaccine is made from Soros's semen and it gives autism and immediately protest a walgreens.

Like, don't forget that the biggest anti-vax crowd was (is?) rich white people, they basically started the movement. And those are for established vaccines that were developed years before and not 'big pharma' or 'the jews' or whatever these stupid assholes think.

The really rich smart ones have already taken the vaccine
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1340005970362155009

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Dec 19, 2020