Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I just wish they'd let you reroll the weekly ranked quest. I hate playing constructed but if I don't that unclaimed xp will sit there forever taunting me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
undo the nerfs please

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

bloom posted:

I just wish they'd let you reroll the weekly ranked quest. I hate playing constructed but if I don't that unclaimed xp will sit there forever taunting me

Why do so many people dislike the basic, main game mode

Why are you even playing in that case

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No more 900 exp quests in the vending machine please!!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Apparently I took too much Valium last night because I don't recall making this, but it's a lot of fun. Obviously this is not properly tuned and maybe I missed something cause benzos. Honestly it's probably very bad.

### BIG DEMON RARR
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Consume Magic
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Mana Burn
# 2x (2) Netherwalker
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Insatiable Felhound
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 2x (4) Soul Split
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 2x (5) Wrathspike Brute
# 2x (6) Imprisoned Antaen
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 1x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAZvoAwLv1QP21gMOyboDvbsDmb0D2cYDg8cDhscD1MgD1cgD18gD8skDgtADztID2dMD1d4DAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Olpainless posted:

If the arena/bg/duels people prefer playing arena/bg/duels then let them, the quests for those are all re-rollable

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Yea a better compromise would have been to keep the guaranteed ranked wins quest every week, but allow it to be re-rollable to the lower XP weeklies (and keep it out of the pool of rerolls).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Amoeba102 posted:

No more 900 exp quests in the vending machine please!!

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Olpainless posted:

There are actually 8 different basic main game modes to choose from based on your preference, and people can play whatever they want and shouldn't be forced into ones they don't.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wocobob posted:

Anyone have advice on how to get 12 wins in duels? I heard low curve deathrattle hunter was good, but I just end up getting a bloated deck that doesn't do much and losing to random crap.

Discard warlock is insanely busted and I've never gone worse than 6 wins with it.

The Lord of Hats posted:

The deck you get for the last Garrosh challenge is such nonsensical hot garbage. I get that they’re trying to be thematic for the story moment, but why that gets interpreted as “give the player basically no wincons” is just...

Here is your minion base:

Two copies of the 1/1 stealth guy with the Jade Golem deathrattle. This is the entirety of the Jade package.
Two copies of the 4/4 that buffs a stealth minion. You have now seen the entirety of the stealth package.
Two copies of the 3/3 taunt that battlecry doubles its health. You have no hand buffs.
Two copies of the 5/1 Rager that copies a friendly minion’s health. Did I mention Thrall has Earthshock? He has Earthshock.
One copy of Xaril, because ??????

Oh, and two Idols of Y’shaarj. I repeat: Earth Shock.

You literally have to go face with Gorehowl a couple times to have the damage to win. Also once you kill six minions you lose the ability to equip Gorehowl, and instead rapidly draw all your minions to make your Idol useless. Have fun!

You'd think they'd give you some super busted fun cards but welp.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

wocobob posted:

Anyone have advice on how to get 12 wins in duels? I heard low curve deathrattle hunter was good, but I just end up getting a bloated deck that doesn't do much and losing to random crap.

Pick Demon Hunter, go face.

No, no trade. Face.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The Book of Heroes would be such a great opportunity to tell stories from the character's past that are wholely original and add fun cards, but for some insane reason they have exclusively chosen to tell stories based around the most reviled periods of WoW instead???

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

AnacondaHL posted:

Not a guide, just timestamped decklists:
https://hearthstone-decks.net/duels-deck/

edit: e.g. I'm currently 10-0 with the latest Hunter deck

Thanks for this, cause I just went 12-0 with Warlock on my 2nd attempt. Wondered if I was gonna wash out when I blanked on the 2nd passive treasure (took the scrolls of wonder for over 2 complete do nothings) and got there despite it rolling me a 2nd turn renounce darkness in one match, balanced out by giving me a turn 1 force of nature in another match while I had Cannibalism.

Acerbatus posted:

Discard warlock is insanely busted and I've never gone worse than 6 wins with it.

yyyyup. especially when you hit the 3x silverware golem bucket over and over

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Olpainless posted:

Arena is the only mode that has long-term appeal for me because Constructed is just repetitive. If you understand your own deck and recognise your opponent's, which 90% of the time you will almost card for card, then matchup and draw order is basically all that matters beyond marginal gains from better technical play. This is less the case if you play a clown fiesta deck, but they're hardly ever in the top-tier meta decks, so if you choose to play them you will probably lose a lot more.

It's real dumb to suggest you need to play Constructed to enjoy HS.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Discolock with from the swamp and cannibalism is just disgusting. Add Canopic Jars on that and *chef's kiss*

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Discolock with from the swamp and cannibalism is just disgusting. Add Canopic Jars on that and *chef's kiss*

Got a list please?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Desert Bus posted:

Got a list please?

It was in Duels, started with this:

https://hearthstone-decks.net/hearthstone-duels-12-win-warlock-mind_malkavian-dark-arts-killmox/

Got Cannibalism as my first passive and from the swamp as my second. Picked up the Canopic Jars along the way. Had 7 Boneweb Eggs and 4 Silverware Golems in my deck by the end. Ended up at 11-3. Lost two in a row to the same Double Time Warlock.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Hearthstone Deck Tracker has followed in the footsteps of the Firestone app and added an XP tracking bar.

Just stunning that these 3rd party tools have had to step in and implement something so simple

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Hearthstone Deck Tracker has followed in the footsteps of the Firestone app and added an XP tracking bar.

Just stunning that these 3rd party tools have had to step in and implement something so simple

I hadn't realized that was from HDT.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jeza posted:

Arena is the only mode that has long-term appeal for me because Constructed is just repetitive. If you understand your own deck and recognise your opponent's, which 90% of the time you will almost card for card, then matchup and draw order is basically all that matters beyond marginal gains from better technical play. This is less the case if you play a clown fiesta deck, but they're hardly ever in the top-tier meta decks, so if you choose to play them you will probably lose a lot more.

It's real dumb to suggest you need to play Constructed to enjoy HS.

Basically this. I played around a bit with some pure pally decks since they changed the quest system and it's painful how fast you start going "ok i'm playing against class x so they're probably doing y"

I don't mind there being quests for specific modes but having a regular quest locked to a particular mode I don't like is annoying. Hell, they removed the re-rollable arena quest from the pool presumably because people weren't happy with rolling into it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Why the gently caress do Rogues keep the spells from Evocation after they Secret Passage it

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Is it me, my rank or my luck, or is there truly nothing else but shamans left on ladder?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I had five Shaman games in a row today. It's looking like the new aggressive deck of choice after DH is gone.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
It's a solid deck that deals with a lot of the other meta decks quite handily.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

Why the gently caress do Rogues keep the spells from Evocation after they Secret Passage it

Any cards you draw or create post-Passage stay in your hand at end of turn. While it's super funny to do it with Evocation and watch people concede after they realize what just happened, I mostly use it in Kingsbane Rogue.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

How do you beat the fire elemental in the new book of hero? The loving portals just drown me once they roll a taunt or break the bladestorm chains

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

I had five Shaman games in a row today. It's looking like the new aggressive deck of choice after DH is gone.

Against evolve or aggro shaman?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Boatswain posted:

Against evolve or aggro shaman?

Evolve, but the deck's still pretty aggro regardless.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Evolve, but the deck's still pretty aggro regardless.

Yeah, you really got to get a good start to contest board on turn 4-5.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Glutes Are Great posted:

Is it me, my rank or my luck, or is there truly nothing else but shamans left on ladder?

As you go up you get Rogues mix in, but yea the meta revolves around these two classes now.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm actually a little glad Whirlkick Rogue is taking over as the dominant build because Hanar (and Stunner) can go to poo poo

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 19, 2020

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

blizzardvizard posted:

it turns out that the deck that’s good against everything except DH and Hunter benefitted from the nerfs quite a bit

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm actually a little glad Whirlkick Rogue is taking over as the dominant build because Hanar (and Stunner) can go to poo poo

Whirlkick is a fun looking deck - and it's interesting to see an epic that was a bit sidelined really get to shine now with the proper support.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows
Ok what the hell... I just got 2nd place in Battlegrounds after beating 3rd place. I had 2 golden Amalgadons too, and extremely likely to win my next round. What is that?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

BlindNinja posted:

Ok what the hell... I just got 2nd place in Battlegrounds after beating 3rd place. I had 2 golden Amalgadons too, and extremely likely to win my next round. What is that?

There's a bug where 1 player becomes some sort of ultraghost. It'll be obvious if you look at their mouseover and they just keep facing the same opponent every turn. Their health will never change and they will sit in 1st forever.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Toshimo posted:

There's a bug where 1 player becomes some sort of ultraghost. It'll be obvious if you look at their mouseover and they just keep facing the same opponent every turn. Their health will never change and they will sit in 1st forever.

Thanks for the clarity. Sucks!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Uhh... I think that's cheatin, deck tracker!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Olpainless posted:

Whirlkick is a fun looking deck - and it's interesting to see an epic that was a bit sidelined really get to shine now with the proper support.

Its a true Christmas miracle when a very "meh" card gets to shine on its last meta before rotation. It is a very fun deck.

On the opposite side since the nerfs, I loving hate Evolve Shaman. As always its dumb to play as and, at least at high diamond, it seems to be taking DH's spot of dominating the meta

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
That Paladin secret that casts another spell of the same cost seems to gently caress up quite a bit. I just cast Soulfire, it recast Soulfire, then went ‘eh’ to itself, and cast nothing at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just hit legend with Evolve shaman, deck fucks