Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

stealie72 posted:

I would pay at least $100 to use this.

His eternal grift will be getting money from people pissing on his grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Former President Trump will have to live with the shame of knowing he failed this great nation and betrayed the trust of the American people

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Is what we will be told after he gets a walk

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

They really do just need to make his grave marker a toilet with a pipe leading straight to his dead face.

They’re probably going to have to put up plexiglass shields to keep people from hosing down his coffin when he lies in state at the Capitol.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Honestly, at this point, he doesn’t even deserve my piss. I reserve that for people I want to denigrate because he’s no human, just a ghoul. Yes, this is Othering, but I don’t care. Evil is banal, it is stupid, and it is named Trump.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

maffew buildings posted:

Former President Trump will have to live with the shame of knowing he failed this great nation and betrayed the trust of the American people

He will go to his grave thinking he was robbed and it's all because people wouldn't defend him enough.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340349856574038017?s=19

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340352636512587779?s=19

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Just lol if you don't think Trump is going to have his vacuum dessicated remains packed into commemorative discs and distributed via blind box.

*none of the boxes will actually contain the rare Donnie Disk collectible pack-in

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
To steal a Josh Barroism, there will be no magical moment when Trump realizes and says that he's a loser who sucks. The grand design of the system is that it doesn't need him to realize that he's a loser who sucks.

It will be painful until January 6th, then January 20th, but then it all ends and becomes noise.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

Just lol if you don't think Trump is going to have his vacuum dessicated remains packed into commemorative discs and distributed via blind box.

And then sell people Eric Trump’s remains instead.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

shame on an IGA posted:

I wouldn't bid a single strip of gold-pressed latinum for that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/darrenheitner/status/1340354535701831694?s=21

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

I wouldn't bid a single strip of gold-pressed latinum for that.

The Grand Nagus he is not.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maffew buildings posted:

Years ago, I read some remarks by a woman who served the wealthy. Since 2017, I have wished I saved the story, because it was insightful and my memory doesn’t do it justice.

She talked about the differences between old money and new money. People who are new to money will make requests with an expectant look, like you’re doing them a favor.

People who were born in the purple make requests like it’s second nature. They cannot conceive of a world in which they don’t get everything they want. If they were told that something was physically impossible, they would look at you like a puppy that didn’t know what was wrong.

Donald Trump is that puppy. He will never appreciate what he has broken.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 19, 2020

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340363388988354570?s=20

Best Turkish agent is back in the WH talking to your good (great) favorite President

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

To steal a Josh Barroism, there will be no magical moment when Trump realizes and says that he's a loser who sucks. The grand design of the system is that it doesn't need him to realize that he's a loser who sucks.

It will be painful until January 6th, then January 20th, but then it all ends and becomes noise.

Til the next election at least.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Platystemon posted:

Years ago, I read some remarks by a woman who served the wealthy. Since 2017, I have wished I saved the story, because it was insightful and my memory doesn’t do it justice.

Was it this? Because it sounds a lot like this thing I remember: "inside the secret world of wealth managers", the Guardian, article sep. 2016

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/how-to-hide-it-inside-secret-world-of-wealth-managers

E. The author is a sociologist who went back to school for wealth management, because it was the only way she would be allowed inside the world of insane rich people to study them

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 19, 2020

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Platystemon posted:

She talked about the differences between old money and new money. People who are new to money will make requests with an expectant look, like you’re doing them a favor.

People who were born in the purple make requests like it’s second nature. They cannot conceive of a world in which they don’t get everything they want. If they were told that something was physically impossible, they would look at you like a puppy that didn’t know what was wrong.

I appreciate what your going for here but Trump is aggressively new money, his whole shtick is the gaudiness of someone with a sniff of wealth who isn't invited to the old clubs. Its pretty well documented how his whole life has been spent trying and failing to make the jump into "respectable" money but no one wants the slightest to do with him.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Owning the Russians by closing off incredibly valuable patches of sovereign land upon which intelligence gathering can be conducted and organized.

"That bully keeps punching me in the arm, so I'll show him by cutting both of them off!" :v:

I say we start playing by Russian rules. Bomb their "Internet Research Building" and then call Putin with condolences for the "gas leak." Mob rules goes both loving ways.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

stealie72 posted:

This times infinity. A toddler is less exhausting.

The cruel irony is that Trump's mishandling of the pandemic has made having a toddler even more exhausting than usual.

Signed,
A toddler haver

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1340363388988354570?s=20

Best Turkish agent is back in the WH talking to your good (great) favorite President

He's scraping the bottom of the barrel for any yes-men that could be left. He's stuck with the ghost of Rudy Giuliani, a convicted traitor, and the second dumbest lawyer alive.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Speaking of Rudy, it's been a peaceful week or so since he fell off the newscycle.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

lol wealth is neurotoxic as gently caress

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah Trump is the definition of new money lol

Old money people don't exist in the public eye because they live in the aforementioned bubble of wealth.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Old money donates piles of money so that other people put your name on their buildings.

Trump pays tons of money so that other rich people can laugh at him putting his own name on his own buildings.

Trump don't know the difference.

Don't be like trump.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
I'm not sure that the divide between "new" and "old" money is as definite or relevant as it used to be. The rich are quickly realizing that they won't pay much if they throw their cash around and get directly involved in politics, because the voting public are dumb as hell.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I shouldn't still be captivated by the grotesque detail at this point, but that photo from the NYTimes article is attention-grabbing

This is the cardboard prop I want in the photo kiosk at his library in Lynchburg.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Speaking of Rudy, it's been a peaceful week or so since he fell off the newscycle.

He was in the oval office yesterday, as he was pushing back against Powell/Flynn wanting a military coup. Rudy was instead advocating that DHS seize states' voting machines.

All involved were told "uh... no that's not a thing" but they probably won't be stopping.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Trump's old money where it counts: he's never had a second of his life without unimaginable wealth and surrounded by subservience, and has never been at risk of losing that.

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Midjack posted:

They’re probably going to have to put up plexiglass shields to keep people from hosing down his coffin when he lies in state at the Capitol.

"Providence shall ne'er grant/
An opportunity better than this/
Here bones of Donald lie/
Halt, traveller and piss."

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Its weird because when my oma just came to the us age cut hair for rich ladies in nyc and when one heard she was engaged gifted her an antique hand carved fining room table and chairs for her and my opa to have. Like a 12 foot table and clawed feet on the chairs. A different one gave them the money to pay the ransom to get german citizens out of nazi germany before ww2. If memory serves it was like 10k a person.I think there may be a shift that happened in either actual old money behavior or what people are considering old money

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It’s so strange and honestly refreshing to see the head of warp speed except responsibility and blame for what happen with the vaccine counts, even if it’s not his direct fault. After four years of people constantly refusing be responsible for loving anything...it’s nice to see someone do it.

I mean better if the mistake and not been made, but for the first time in forever I feel like there’s someone competent handling Covid stuff (Dr. Fauci excluded), in terms of someone who can exercise power. I know the government agencies are still filled with lots of really talented and good human beings, but I mean more at the leadership level.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

meanwhile, looks like things are kicking off in sydney again

they've got a large and growing cluster, 40ish people with similar numbers expected to be announced today, from an unknown transmission source, with talk of possible cases popping up in other states

it's incredible just how hard this thing does not gently caress around

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

meanwhile, looks like things are kicking off in sydney again

they've got a large and growing cluster, 40ish people with similar numbers expected to be announced today, from an unknown transmission source, with talk of possible cases popping up in other states

it's incredible just how hard this thing does not gently caress around

So much for all those videos of music festivals people from Australia kept posting.

Sorry it sounds incredibly dick-ish, but I refused to believe that it truly was gone. Honestly unless you’re Taiwan or New Zealand or small island country, and even then it’s not always the case, it’s not going to be gone until people are vaccinated. They were able to fortify the front to stabilize it, but they never defeated it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Not a current event or anything, but couldn't think of a better place to ask. Why do soldiers burn poop instead of burying it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

fire purifies all

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not a current event or anything, but couldn't think of a better place to ask. Why do soldiers burn poop instead of burying it?

It takes a lot of time for human poo poo to breakdown to a point to where it doesn’t pose a health hazard to people. Historically, poor hygiene has killed far more soldiers than the enemy. When you plop a thousand people or more all down in the same spot without any running toilets, there tends to be a lot of waste that isn’t easily dealt with. The easiest answer is to mix diesel fuel and feces and burn everything rather than trying to bury it since that requires a ton of labor to dig holes in the ground and if it isn’t done right it remains a health hazard.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The thinking is, in a place where typical treatment isn’t available and you’re going to be there a long time, it can be more sanitary. Slip trenches are dug for short term positions and buried. Since your not permanently there you don’t have to worry about getting rid of feces and it contaminating your area. In a place that’s permanent there’s the potential for contamination, so burning is supposed to be a better option. Obviously that’s all dependent on the distance from the burning to where people live. Obviously the military is dumb and we do both in close quarters and it loses any benefit.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

The thinking is, in a place where typical treatment isn’t available and you’re going to be there a long time, it can be more sanitary. Slip trenches are dug for short term positions and buried. Since your not permanently there you don’t have to worry about getting rid of feces and it contaminating your area. In a place that’s permanent there’s the potential for contamination, so burning is supposed to be a better option. Obviously that’s all dependent on the distance from the burning to where people live. Obviously the military is dumb and we do both in close quarters and it loses any benefit.

I guaran-fuckting-tee it started out as a punishment detail 15,000 years ago and just had the institutional inertia.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Miloshe posted:

I guaran-fuckting-tee it started out as a punishment detail 15,000 years ago and just had the institutional inertia.

Miloshe posted:

Miloshe posted:

Miloshe posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol wealth is neurotoxic as gently caress

I found this anecdote while looking looking for the other.

quote:

I work in auto parts and a really flustered woman came in last winter. All she said was that she couldn't see clearly anymore cause the things weren't cleaning the glass.

I go out to look at her wiper blades, it's a newish Mercedes and the rubber is torn clear off the frame. So I go back inside and while I'm getting her replacements im explaining to her how you need to free the blades from ice before you turn them on or they'll tear like that.

She gives me the most puzzled look I've ever seen on a person - think puppy hearing a weird noise for the first time, head cocked and all. She asks me what I mean... I said before you get in and turn them on, just give them a gentle pull so they're not attached to the ice anymore.

She gives me that look again and says... It's cold, you can't expect me to seriously touch it. Now it was my turn to be a little puzzled. She says.. I thought the car took care of that nonsense, you can't expect a regular person to work on it like that.

I said ma'am, the only way to prevent this happening again is to ensure the blades aren't stuck in ice... That's it.

She huffs out loud and says, Fine! I guess ill have to talk to the help about being on top of that from now on. Then she pays and leaves before I can process and say anything else.