Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Healthcare worker? Rich? No? Then you’re getting nothing until like September. I’m 100% serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

gay picnic defence posted:

My prediction is that after Jan 20 the GOP senate won't allow a vote on any enabling legislation, and when Biden tries to do a rollout via executive order some chud will get it overturned in court.

Approximately when did the GOP go from, "we don't like this proposal, but will go along with it to prevent unneeded suffering/looking like soulless ghouls" to, "we don't care anymore, we just want to automatically sewer anything the Dems attempt to do"?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Obama

Hey remember when April rolled around and us optimistic fools were like "omg this is it, this is how we get UBI/M4A! There's no way the government can hang everyone out to dry and expect to not get guillotined!"

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Dec 20, 2020

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
You figure having "A Black President" just broke the right's brains . . . more so?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I think I heard news that people freaked out and it seems there's large crowds in supermarkets and stores. My tiny state is also doing its thing, we are back to only essential business can open the whole week, everything closes at 5:00 pm but drugstores, hospitals, supermarkets, etc. Rumors are that poo poo is bad, but people just don't give a drat. :smith: I've seen too many folks eating street food while sitting next to strangers or walking around maskless.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

smoobles posted:

Have any of you (in the USA) started figuring out when and where to get a vaccine next year? My wife is probably medium risk, but we are not sure how that translates into a place in line. I don't wanna make a doc appt and pay the copay just to ask a dumb question.

I guess after the medical workers and nursing homes are done, there'll be some kind of national rollout plan? Maybe we have to wait for Biden for this to be announced?

Once the most vulnerable people have had theirs, really the only fair way to do it is in alphabetical order.

- Mike Aardvark

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

smoobles posted:

I guess after the medical workers and nursing homes are done, there'll be some kind of national rollout plan? Maybe we have to wait for Biden for this to be announced?

lmbo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Once the most vulnerable people have had theirs, really the only fair way to do it is in alphabetical order.

- Mike Aaron Aardvark

ftfy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Always good to cover all bases.

Green Nail Polish
Nov 15, 2020

Pinche Rudo posted:

It'll pretty much be a free for all. The rich are already getting vaccinated now. If you have decent healthcare you'll probably just have to schedule it with your provider. If you don't have decent healthcare you'll be waiting in very long lines at a public vaccination site.

It's true. Everyone with more than $500k in the bank already got an email from the CDC with a signup link to get vaccinated this week. I've got a couple million stashed away (bitcoin) so they jumped me up to Premium Select. I get the shot on Tuesday.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Green Nail Polish posted:

It's true. Everyone with more than $500k in the bank already got an email from the CDC with a signup link to get vaccinated this week. I've got a couple million stashed away (bitcoin) so they jumped me up to Premium Select. I get shot on Tuesday.

Sounds like a good start!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blistex posted:

You figure having "A Black President" just broke the right's brains . . . more so?

Yes, a huge amount of the point of American right wing philosophy is to get one over on any and all black people

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

rotinaj posted:

Yes, a huge amount of the point of American right wing philosophy is to get one over on any and all black people

Obama was worse than 9-11 to them. It wasn't supposed to be possible.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

poverty goat posted:

It just occurred to me that the school snow day probably died of covid this year. from now on unless everyone's power is out they'll just do class remotely. Poor kids.

There was actually a Sunday comic about this in the paper last week (yes I actually get physical delivery of the paper)

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If the top 1% are visibly scrambling to get the vaccine it may actually have a positive impact, as long as they don't hoard shots or make the price shoot up ?

It's not like there's that many rich people to hold up the line for healthcare workers who don't want the vaccine anyway. (Here 19% of nursing home employees plan to get the shot, for example)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I suspect you'll be able to get the vaccine in Mexico for under $100 on demand

Even at $1000 each for the two of us, we'd still take a week off to go drive across the border, and then go do it again for the second dose

Better than spending another 9 months in quarantine. Not like we're spending any money sitting at home anyways

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I'm already vaccinated and still chilling in quarantine. Even with a massive 95% reduction in symptomatic cases it's still possible to get it and/or spread it--no doubt much, much less likely on both but not enough to return to normal in a massively covid-infested world. It doesn't really do that until it's widespread.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003
Supercovid already jumped the channel and has been confirmed in the Netherlands. So assume it is everywhere in mainland Europe at this point.
e: Appearently also confirmed in Denmark, Belgium Australia, so just assume it is everywhere now.

NihilismNow fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Dec 20, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope one of minkcovid symptoms is growing thick luxurious coat and not just death

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

I hope one of minkcovid symptoms is growing thick luxurious coat and not just death

In 'at will' states won't your employer be able to skin you for your coat, and bill you for the privilege ?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

NihilismNow posted:

Supercovid already jumped the channel and has been confirmed in the Netherlands. So assume it is everywhere in mainland Europe at this point.
e: Appearently also confirmed in Denmark, Belgium Australia, so just assume it is everywhere now.

Wait, this is the first I’ve heard about the new variant from the UK being in Australia. You got a link for that?
It doesn’t surprise me though as there’s loads of Aussies coming back home from the UK so it wouldn’t be surprising if someone in quarantine had it.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

unpacked robinhood posted:

If the top 1% are visibly scrambling to get the vaccine it may actually have a positive impact, as long as they don't hoard shots or make the price shoot up ?

It's not like there's that many rich people to hold up the line for healthcare workers who don't want the vaccine anyway. (Here 19% of nursing home employees plan to get the shot, for example)

Hold on are you telling up that 81% of nursing home workers plan to not get vaccinated? I must be misunderstanding.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Lol, supercovid. Ruh roh

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Helith posted:

Wait, this is the first I’ve heard about the new variant from the UK being in Australia. You got a link for that?
It doesn’t surprise me though as there’s loads of Aussies coming back home from the UK so it wouldn’t be surprising if someone in quarantine had it.

It's reported in a (reputable) Dutch newspaper but they don't provide a source for this claim.
https://www.volkskrant.nl/cs-bfae7fe1/

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Mayb it's cropped up in hotel quarantine but Australia's 67 currently detected active cases, entirely confined to Sydney at this stage, were sparked by an American strain. (Thanks.)

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I was gonna say, maybe it was autocorrect, but austria in Dutch is Oostenrijk, and australia looks mostly like the English version of the word

There's an awful lot of flights between the uk and australia, that does seem like it would be a top 10 contender for new virus spread out of the uk

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I really don't want super 'rona to be a thing, I'm still exhausted all the time from surviving regular.

Known for his signature AAA on arcade machine score lists.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hold on are you telling up that 81% of nursing home workers plan to not get vaccinated? I must be misunderstanding.

According to a poll conducted on 2000 nursing home employees, 76% say they don't want the shot, 5% are undecided.

That's in france where the health minister said he wasn't going to get vaccinated because he didn't want conspiracy theorists accusing him of getting a salt water injection instead of the real thing.

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 20, 2020

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Made in Chyna

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
makers of "the boner pill"

looks legit to me!

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"
I know some people ITT think I'm a huge rear end in a top hat for textbanking people who don't ask to be textbanked, but uh, I'm still doing it. Wanted to share some of the responses I've gotten recently for texting for the Michigan state Covid app.

:) (initial message) Hi, I'm boquiabierta with the MI Dept of Health & Human Services! You can protect yourself & your family by downloading our anonymous COVID app to see if you've been exposed! Download it here: https://michigan.gov/MICovidAlert

:colbert: Not interested if from MI demonazi cheaters.

:argh: You don't know how to count votes why would I trust you idiots with my health

:blastu: Contact tracing is a violation of our rights under the U.S. Constitution. My body, my choice.

:confused: No thanks. I want antibodies.

:classiclol: I voted for TRUMP all good here already took all my vitamins stay safe out there it's a crazy hosed up world we live in today

:j: You're all morons. We all know its little more than a cold or the flu. Screw Gretchen WHITLESS and you

:captainpop: it's a virus EVERYONE will get it

:downswords: Tell whitmer to stop bothering me on MY phone unless she is going to pay my bill. TRUMP 2020. Our government in Mich is owned by Soros and the CCP.

:kingsley: Thanks. My anti-bodies are charged as I came thru having the virus. The vaccines are proving to be very, very life threatening

This one made me laugh but who knows if they're kidding:

:munch: Ill check it out after I leave the bar. Thank you

Non-sequitur slut-shaming:

:imunfunny: Thanks boquiabierta but I will pass. My guess is you have been exposed to many STDs in your life.

aaaaaaaand the one that made me scream WE ARE DOOMED to my husband:

:smugdon: Please. Do not message me ever again about this plandemic scamdemic. Fake positive tests. Fake death numbers. Loss of our freedom. All this for a communist take over.

boquiabierta fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 20, 2020

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Woof Blitzer posted:

Healthcare worker? Rich? No? Then you’re getting nothing until like September. I’m 100% serious.

I'm a 45 year-old high school teacher in one of the most infectious places in Florida. I'm in a room with 30 kids 3 times a day for 1 hour and 40 minutes at a time, and there is no mask requirement, because every student should have the freedom to decide whether or not they want to endanger everyone's lives.

Over the course of the school year I've seen multiple classes drop to 50% attendance due to COVID quarantines. This school year is a mulligan nightmare because half the kids have just randomly missed 2 weeks to a month of school due to quarantines. I've been making GBS threads my pants about getting COVID due to, you know, being trapped in that room with 30 of them every day since August and was hoping that maybe I could get one before returning to school for the new year.

According to the NY Times site, I am behind 9.7 MILLION people in Florida, and almost 80,000 people in my own county. It looks like every old person, who could actually stay home, will be getting it before teachers, who can't. Knowing that the ruinously evil old people in this county, who overwhelmingly don't even believe it's real and have been cramming the Applebee's (and dying for it!), are going to be prioritized over people like me who have been diligently trying everything possible to stay alive is pretty infuriating.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Hadlock posted:

I suspect you'll be able to get the vaccine in Mexico for under $100 on demand

Desperate goons living in near the border, try to check on Mexican private hospitals before you come rushing down here.

Supposedly the vaccine won't be sold and will be free for every Mexican citizen, aka the government will buy all the vaccines with the emergency money they had, no private hospital will get their hands on it for profit. The military already did a vaccination drill the other day, they will be the ones guarding the vaccines and helping out the health department with the distribution and vaccination.

It will be applied first to health workers, February-April all the old as gently caress people and people with serious illness, April-May everyone in their 50's, May-June everyone in their 40's, the rest of the year everyone else but children and pregnant women.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm a 45 year-old high school teacher in one of the most infectious places in Florida.

I know this is much easier said than done, but if anybody really needs to go on strike all across this country, it's teachers.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Public Rollout Effort Post ™

Speaking with people in public health, the public rollout is going to be a disaster. One of two things will happen as they see it:

1) Moderna gets more widespread and will be defacto for most of the public due to not needing crazy refrigeration. What this means is people will schedule the shot with the PCP. Now the hitch to this is there will be a ton of PCP appointments for the first shot, further causing blocked schedules about a month out for dose #2. This has a side effect of "good luck seeing your regular doctor if you have a medical issue lol".

2) For those without a PCP or whose HMO plans suck (read: most of them), public health officials are looking at their health departments setting up vaccine clinics. The issue is finding a location large enough and long term enough. They've talked with schools to use gymnasiums, cafeterias, etc since most schools are currently out but the issue is you then need to book those locations for 1 month of vaccines, 1 month of waiting, and 1 more month for second doses, and NONE of the local schools are willing to go without those facilities for 3 months. But if you have to do different locations, will people know that? "Oh you had Dose #1 at location B on this date so you have to go to location F for dose #2 but if you had dose #1 at location C then you need to get the second dose across town on a different date at location Z but don't go to location D because...". Banquet halls offered to help but at a roughly 300% markup rate of rental for the 3 months (including days not used, even though they aren't allowed around Chicago right now) which is not feasible. The SECOND issue with this is if there are multiple vaccines, finding out which people need which ones at the location for dose #2, the assumption that appx a third of all people will have lost their card from the first dose, a third will forget the appointment or have to work or be sick and so have to reschedule (but good luck when thousands of people are waiting and are booked), and other factors are going to turn this into a huge disaster.

My own little #3 is that the vaccine card has zero distinguishing characteristics, colors, or even watermarks and all of us who got it last week have the same code on the back bottom right so it's not even unique. You could easily create one of those on your computer or scan one and change the info, and I definitely see people doing this to make it seem like they got vaccinated. I'm looking at mine right now and it reminds me of a basic cheap library card from the early 90's.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Animal-Mother posted:

I know this is much easier said than done, but if anybody really needs to go on strike all across this country, it's teachers.

<teachers go on strike in a red state>
<their actions are immediately ruled illegal>
<Chud police come down in them for "inciting riots">
<Community volunteers and minimum wage workers replace teachers>
<News reveals that 37% of replacements have no highschool diploma, 15% have criminal records, and there are currently 3 known paedophiles in elementary classrooms who somehow didn't get weeded out by the background checks>
<parent outrage is enough for the state to rehire the teachers at a $0.11 per hour increased rate of pay>

*63 teachers are unable to return due to receiving a criminal record when cops charged them for resisting arrest for putting their hands between their faces and police fists.
**4 teachers are revealed to have some manner of nude content that state smear-detectives unearthed and are not asked to return.
***a few hundred decide they are not putting up with this poo poo any more and leave the state or industry

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
They were setting up a clinic in an abandoned Sears store about an hour from here.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Animal-Mother posted:

Its illegal for teachers to strike in most of the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm a 45 year-old high school teacher in one of the most infectious places in Florida. I'm in a room with 30 kids 3 times a day for 1 hour and 40 minutes at a time, and there is no mask requirement, because every student should have the freedom to decide whether or not they want to endanger everyone's lives.

Over the course of the school year I've seen multiple classes drop to 50% attendance due to COVID quarantines. This school year is a mulligan nightmare because half the kids have just randomly missed 2 weeks to a month of school due to quarantines. I've been making GBS threads my pants about getting COVID due to, you know, being trapped in that room with 30 of them every day since August and was hoping that maybe I could get one before returning to school for the new year.

According to the NY Times site, I am behind 9.7 MILLION people in Florida, and almost 80,000 people in my own county. It looks like every old person, who could actually stay home, will be getting it before teachers, who can't. Knowing that the ruinously evil old people in this county, who overwhelmingly don't even believe it's real and have been cramming the Applebee's (and dying for it!), are going to be prioritized over people like me who have been diligently trying everything possible to stay alive is pretty infuriating.

Old people vote republican.