Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This might be me overanalysing, but I think there's a fair dive in quality in this chapter. Kurama's boxer and nuclear fusion analogies took me out of things for a sec, and in previous chapters the office segments were helping build tension with how they were cut inbetween battle pages, while this time there's just the one bit there right before the arm stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sindai posted:

I can't can believe Boruto and Mitsuki beat the invincible bad guy with a love love tenkyoken.

Oh uh Sarada was there too I guess. Props for at least letting her crack the shell with her super punch.

All that training to...just run at the enemy with Rasengan.

Manga Spoilers Come on Kawaki, you can't have looked at Deepa and thought "I can't handle this".

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

This might be me overanalysing, but I think there's a fair dive in quality in this chapter. Kurama's boxer and nuclear fusion analogies took me out of things for a sec, and in previous chapters the office segments were helping build tension with how they were cut inbetween battle pages, while this time there's just the one bit there right before the arm stuff.

I was okay with the boxing myself. At least that fits with taijutsu.
But the fusion bit was really jarring. I mean I like the theory as it even sort of hails back to when Kurama's chakra was "acidic"/bad for Naruto in larger quantities. But having Kurama, a demonic fox hundreds of years old locked inside on of the dumbest guys in Konoha, expound on how they're doing nuclear fission with Chakra was definitely breaking immersion.
But let's assume Naruto's headspace has excellent wifi reception and the fox is just wiki walking all day long. Next he'll read up on quantum mechanics followed by the history of Valentine.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kishimoto is also the one who went into detail about how the wind rasenshuriken is destroying enemies on a cellular level.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
This week’s episode: Ino’s a good mom. It’s actually refreshing that there are quite a few examples of good parenting in this series, lol. I like the mention of Inoichi, and it looks like his and Shikaku’s deaths will directly be related to the reappearance of Ao, which came out of nowhere in the manga. Maybe we’ll finally get a flashback.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I posted this somewhere else and hoo boy it was received poorly. But we're all adults here.

Hinata is the girl who reads 50 Shades of Grey cover to cover, two pages a night, blushing furiously the whole time, making sure no one else knows she's reading it.

Naruto is the guy who gives up two chapters in because it's as boring as an Icha Icha novel.

Sakura is the one who reads it because Ino gave her a copy, she thinks it's interesting but she knows she will never talk Sasuke into experimenting.

Sasuke is the one who reads two chapters and burns the book. Flashbacks of both Kakashi's ill-advised loan, and also of Karin.

Ino is the one who reads it with a highlighter in hand.

Sai is the one who reads it and doesn't find it remarkable in any way, because Root systematically destroyed any sense of personal boundaries, and had someone who didn't follow Safe, Sane and Consensual beaten Ino to him he would have walked into near-fatal edgeplay without a second thought.

Temari is the one who gave up halfway through, it was too tame for her.

Shikamaru gave up one page in, anyone with Shadow Possession and Temari for a wife is comfortable with the contents, but it was too badly written to enjoy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I watched all of Naruto (with a filler guide, I'm not a masochist) early in Covid days, and nine months later I'm going through Boruto.

Am I correct in assuming that Mitsuki Gets a Cat is the best episode and nothing will ever be this good ever again?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Dunno about that, there are several good Himawari episodes.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So they’re no longer obscuring Kawaki’s face in the Boruto OP, wonder if that’s a sign some more manga stuff is coming up soon (we did just meet a member of Kara in this week’s episode after all).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 18, 2020

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I thought it was a pretty good episode this week but it's easy to make me nostalgic about Naruto. Of course the explanation for Ao survived the Biju bomb was "uh...under a rock I guess". Personally, the exact details never really mattered to me but I liked seeing a bit of Ao's ninja rehab and getting a bit more of Ao's thinking.

Yes, looks like the next manga arc is being set up.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

I hope the "say hello to my little friend" moment in this arc is as cheesy and dumb as it was in the manga.

e. Finally watched the episode. Aw, man. Why do you got to give me something so wholesome from a man I already know is a traitorous piece of poo poo?

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 14, 2020

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Spoilers for the next chapter are starting to leak. First for sure Kishimoto chapter? And it looks like he's already taking a stab at making some big moves.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Teek posted:

Spoilers for the next chapter are starting to leak. First for sure Kishimoto chapter? And it looks like he's already taking a stab at making some big moves.

I, uh, maybe shouldn't have spoiled myself holy loving poo poo, what?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Teek posted:

I see what you did there.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teek posted:

So...........you gonna say what they are???

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
You’ll have to see for yourself.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Jiro posted:

So...........you gonna say what they are???

The chapter literally comes out tomorrow, you'll find out soon.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Darth TNT posted:

I see what you did there.

*Eye

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

My god the puns are making my eye twitch.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Larryb posted:

The chapter literally comes out tomorrow, you'll find out soon.

Oh gently caress that noise you cock teases. :argh:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That sure was a hilarious ending, lmao.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Chapter's out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-53/chapter/21626?action=read

Welp, wasn't expecting that at least (though I forget when exactly did he have time to infect Boruto?)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 20, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kishis only been in for 2 chapters and I AM ALL IN

Just like the knife in sasukes face yes

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

More eye violence nooooooo.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Kishimoto really said get these old fucks outta here

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Chapter's out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-53/chapter/21626?action=read

Welp, wasn't expecting that at least (though I forget when exactly did he have time to infect Boruto?)

That's Momoshiki not Isshiki

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

TheHan posted:

Kishimoto really said get these old fucks outta here

Kishimoto said where we're going we won't need eyes.

Honestly I'm satisfied with the Rinnegan getting taken out, Isshiki's Byakugan being useless, and Kawaki winning with a simple shadow clone. It seems like Kishimoto's turned over a new leaf.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Surprisingly good chapter. I didn’t expect Ishiki to die and having Kawaki use Naruto’s signature move sells it well.

It’s very nice of momoshiki that he didn’t just jab that blade into Sasuke’s brain and just cut the eye.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Various internet places have been whining about Naruto and Sasuke being nerfed from the beginning. Kishimoto came along and said "Let me show you how it's done."

It does solve my complaint that Boruto has been Naruto Volume 3 The Adult Years for a while now. Time to retire the legacy characters and let the new Team 7 shine.

Speculation time. Naruto and Sasuke survive at least this time. Nerfed to gently caress and back - Sasuke is obviously losing the Rinnegan, but may keep his EMS. Naruto doesnt die from Baryon Mode, but he's just trashed his chakra pathways beyond recovery, and can't even pull off shadow clones anymore.

Where does Kawaki get his Karma for the opening scene? Momoshiki is right there, with a custom designed vessel for Otsusuki possession, why thanks for being a pal Isshiki, no harm in having a backup.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 21, 2020

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice episode this week that showed us another side to Mugino. Next time it looks like we’re finally getting back to the manga storyline with Kawaki’s debut.

I assume this show will also be on break for New Year’s next week right?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 27, 2020

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
if anyone wants to be twitter famous they'd make a Bean Dad parody and call it Ramen Dad:allears:

NOTE: This Something Awful forums user (previously known as "The Blackest Goon") is a Person of Color who chose the current iteration of his username ironically after years of having his remaining brain cells all but fried after monitoring the rise of online reactionary ideologies for a decade.

if this sounds like a flimsy excuse, you are wrong

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Holy poo poo, Naruto knows something besides clone spam, Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, clone spam with Rasengan/Rasenshuriken, or any of the above plus KCM2/SPSM.

(we saw it back in episode 64 as well, for maybe three frames, he popped a mud wall to protect Bort.)

e.

Note to self: do not reiterate the Monty Python spam sketch with clone spam. It's not that funny.

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jan 10, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

rndmnmbr posted:

Holy poo poo, Naruto knows something besides clone spam, Rasengan, Rasenshuriken, clone spam with Rasengan/Rasenshuriken, or any of the above plus KCM2/SPSM.

(we saw it back in episode 64 as well, for maybe three frames, he popped a mud wall to protect Bort.)

e.

Note to self: do not reiterate the Monty Python spam sketch with clone spam. It's not that funny.

I haven’t watched the latest episode yet but am I correct in assuming that Kawaki finally makes his official anime debut this week?

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Larryb posted:

I haven’t watched the latest episode yet but am I correct in assuming that Kawaki finally makes his official anime debut this week?

he does not appear in the episode, but there is a new opening which features him

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I remember back when being able to use water jutsu without a water source was supposed to be special. Of course, that ship has sailed a long, long, long time ago.

I like the new OP and Ending.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Somehow I just realized, Naruto finally learned how to make a Rasengan without using a clone (unless that was due to the Scientific Ninja Tool in his arm). Nice episode and I like the new OP and ED

Also, where did Boruto learn how to use Water Style moves?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jan 11, 2021

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
thinking about "scientific ninja tools" reminds me of how absurd the premise of the arc where boruto cheated is. in a world of ... ninjas? it seems bizarre to limit people from using tools available to them

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

tbp posted:

thinking about "scientific ninja tools" reminds me of how absurd the premise of the arc where boruto cheated is. in a world of ... ninjas? it seems bizarre to limit people from using tools available to them

Well back then I think the issue was he specifically used one during the Chunin Exams, which were meant to be a test of a ninja’s natural skill and ability. In an actual mission there’s nothing inherently wrong with them.

Of course there are ninjas like Tenten and Kankuro who regularly use tools and puppets to fight but in those cases I’m pretty sure those are counted as part of their normal skill set (and there’s no rule against not using kunai or shuriken).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 11, 2021

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Larryb posted:

Well back then I think the issue was he specifically used one during the Chunin Exams, which were meant to be a test of a ninja’s natural skill and ability. In an actual mission there’s nothing inherently wrong with them.

yeah but that'd be like telling ten ten she can't use those big rear end scrolls in the chunin exams or the dog kid use his dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

tbp posted:

yeah but that'd be like telling ten ten she can't use those big rear end scrolls in the chunin exams or the dog kid use his dog

As I just added to my post above, I think in those cases such tools are counted as part of their natural skill set (and there’s no rule against using regular ninja tools like kunai and shuriken). Granted, it’s kind of a flimsy excuse to be fair but that’s how I understand it anyway.

To put it another way, if you take away Tenten’s scrolls or Kiba’s dog then they’ve basically got nothing left to work with since those are the basis for using their respective techniques. Boruto on the other hand has a bunch of other skills he can use without relying on the tool.

That said, I suppose I could see how a tool that lets you use literally any technique you want effortlessly could possibly be seen as an unfair advantage in a testing scenario.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 11, 2021