Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

I guess those are cute, but is there a specific joke I'm missing?
Well the first one is ludicrous and the second one something about the precise deployment of the word 'doggy' in an otherwise relatively serious conversation really works for me.
Apologies. My sense of humour is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Drakyn posted:

Well the first one is ludicrous and the second one something about the precise deployment of the word 'doggy' in an otherwise relatively serious conversation really works for me.
Apologies. My sense of humour is stupid.

No apology necessary, if it works for you that is nice and you should keep posting.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
The other "punch" line is that they are both reformed high school delinquents/gang leaders who were enemies and now met again as adults and have an incredibly :3: relationship. Takebe still has the more "tough girl" delinquent mindset a lot, though.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Secrets of Haunted House #46 (1982)

Yeah, Todd's never found writers to be a significant part of the process.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
In retrospect, it's pretty loving wild the used to just print the full home address of children who wrote into comic books. I'm guessing the idea is they could potentially become pen pals with each other or something.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Mikl posted:

I don't know about RSS, but I usually read comics on Webtoons via the app that has push notifications for new pages.

There is a feed! Had to go to the desktop version to find it.

The Queen and the Mage have become friends ("just" friends), but the queen doesn't know much about humans. Her general, who "ships" the two, wrote a book to help out the queen.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, Todd's never found writers to be a significant part of the process.

Huh... I never knew Todd was Canadian.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

tis the season

Ha, I loved the Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid anime, but apparently the Manga has a little bit more spice.

I'm glad that people are enjoying Mage & Demon Queen thanks to this thread, and Accept My Fist of Love! seems delightful! What a premise.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I stayed away from the Kobayashi manga for a long time even though I was a huge fan of the anime cuz I heard it got problematic, and tbf there are a couple chapters where it does. But overall it's pretty good, and if you want to avoid that stuff but still like the characters I highly recommend the spinoff Kanna's Daily Life, which has like 8 volumes itself and imo is stronger than the main book

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

In retrospect, it's pretty loving wild the used to just print the full home address of children who wrote into comic books. I'm guessing the idea is they could potentially become pen pals with each other or something.

That’s exactly what it was for. It could also be used to help organize like minded nerds to form mailing lists for zines, and other fan content. And the creators of ElfQuest found each other in a Silver Surfer letters column.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Uthor posted:

There is a feed! Had to go to the desktop version to find it.

The Queen and the Mage have become friends ("just" friends), but the queen doesn't know much about humans. Her general, who "ships" the two, wrote a book to help out the queen.

Look, all you need to know about if you're thinking about reading this, is, does this make you laugh?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm starting to believe that there is some unresolved attraction between those friends involved. Ah, it's probably nothing, nevermind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

That’s exactly what it was for. It could also be used to help organize like minded nerds to form mailing lists for zines, and other fan content. And the creators of ElfQuest found each other in a Silver Surfer letters column.

Yeah, I'm sure it was fine back then, I'm just imagining now going "Hey, lovely dumb nerds, here's the home address of a 7 year-old who disagrees with you about Star Wars. It looks like it might even be a girl's name."

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I had a letter printed in maybe 1997 or 1998 and all that happened was that we got some junk-mail from mail-order back issue services and stuff.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Huh... I never knew Todd was Canadian.

He bought a hockey team. Of course he's Canadian.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Christmas on the Lost Light.

(Transformers Holiday Special 2015)

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Skwirl posted:

Well Todd McFarlane was 21 in 1982 and in college and sending out "please hire me" art to the big 2 at the time.

But printing the full address of a 7 year old?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

VanSandman posted:

Look, all you need to know about if you're thinking about reading this, is, does this make you laugh?

I knows its not what they're saying but I can only read "Nice horns, for an idiot to wear, to the circus." In the top speech bubble.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

VanSandman posted:

Look, all you need to know about if you're thinking about reading this, is
came for the horny characters, stayed for the optimistic pacifism diplomacy contracts and parts where characters just defuse problems by actually talking and explaining things to each other

also the explosions and memes of course

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Eye #2 (1940)

Superboy #62 (1958)

The Defenders #11 (1973)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! #2 (1991)

The Amazing Spider-Man Family #1 (2008)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Darthemed posted:

Spider-Geddon #0 (2018)

Is 1048 the Sony Video Game earth?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Also Spider-Cop exists and has a mustache on his mask.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Imma have to check out Spidergeddon on MU.

Also I nominate More Giant Gnomes for new thread title.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Really been enjoying mage & Demon Queen ty for posting about it

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Sadly, I don't know the issue.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

Look at this chump using conveyor belts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's somewhere between issue 34 and 45 or the annual they get married in according to

https://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/ff_Sue_words_2.html

Great site if you ever want to read way too much literary analysis of Fantastic Four. Made me want to read all of FF from the start.

I gave up about 5-10 issues after Jack Kirby left the book, but the first 102 issues of Lee/Kirby is probably my favorite silver age run of any comic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

Look at this chump using conveyor belts.

The reel-to-reel tape deck on the wall is solely there to play Powerhouse.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The first dishwasher was patented in 1850, Reed.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bucnasti posted:

Imma have to check out Spidergeddon on MU.

Also I nominate More Giant Gnomes for new thread title.

As with Spiderverse: Just read the tie ins.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

Kirby probably saw a lovely dishpit in a restaurant or something and wanted to riff on it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Well, there's a word I had to reread a few times

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Phy posted:

Well, there's a word I had to reread a few times

Says someone who's never worked in a restaurant.

Fake Edit: I misspelled restaurant when typing this but Chrome caught it before I hit post.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Push El Burrito posted:

Hand-cranked isn't quite the same as fully-automated.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Banner Comics #4 (1941)

Strange Tales #83 (1961)

Super-Villain Team-Up #8 (1976)

Jurassic Park #3 (1993)

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #3 (2010)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ghostlight posted:

Hand-cranked isn't quite the same as fully-automated.

Tell me about it :grin:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Strange Tales #83 (1961)

Moral of the story: don't read books

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Ugh, IPA is the sacred liquid? Gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine #3 (2010)

"poo poo, I forgot to add the gun! I bet I can fix it and make it look totally natural...."