Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AHH F/UGH posted:

So when you meet the husband and wife in the car and they give you a braindance to watch about the mayor, my entire PC crashes.

I think my graphics card is overheating because even on the lowest settings and everything turned off it still goes up to around 90 degrees C still, and I think the power draw for loading the braindance on top of the existing game is too much for my 8GB RX580 to handle. Patch 1.05 did not fix my crashing and I even opened up my PC case to check to see if dust was blocking the fans or something. No dice.

Try undervolting? I dunno how that works with AMD cards, but definitely keeps temps in check while not sacrificing performance with nvidia cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

AHH F/UGH posted:

So when you meet the husband and wife in the car and they give you a braindance to watch about the mayor, my entire PC crashes.

I think my graphics card is overheating because even on the lowest settings and everything turned off it still goes up to around 90 degrees C still, and I think the power draw for loading the braindance on top of the existing game is too much for my 8GB RX580 to handle. Patch 1.05 did not fix my crashing and I even opened up my PC case to check to see if dust was blocking the fans or something. No dice.

Can you undervolt the card or power limit it? It will decrease performance but the temps will be lower and you can take the UV off after the problem point.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have to take my hat off to the devs. That's a good gay strip tease place!

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

ughhhh posted:

Anyone find signs with languages other than English or Japanese? The game already has Russian and Korean text that gets automatically translated and announcements in Japense, Korean and Chinese, but all the signs are either in English or Japanese. Even in China town!

lol, i do love that they even have old people wearing stereotypical Korean grandma visors

these things
In Japan town areas the PA has Korean and Japanese over the system. The idea that a Japanese-dominated East would even allow Korean to exist anymore is laughable to me as a Korean given the sheer oppression in the cyberpunk universe. Like straight up ethnic cleansing would be daily news I’d imagine in such a world.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Turin Turambar posted:

:dong:

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Orange Crush Rush posted:

These anti-homeless measures are just getting down right mean spirited man

In the game, a news report says homelessness has jumped 300% so the NCPD is preparing to shuttle them all out into the desert :v:

(This is how you get tribal gangs)

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Turin Turambar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E1VY4KOghI

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

lunar detritus posted:

Maybe spoil this? I haven't finished the game and I still had hope :negative:

Sorry it didn't register to me as a spoiler. I did only do one ending so maybe others are less bleak.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Anyone else run into these?

It's the second time I'm running into one of these crates and I can't see anything in the area that looks like a key or something to hack. The other one was underwater.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

itry posted:

Anyone else run into these?

It's the second time I'm running into one of these crates and I can't see anything in the area that looks like a key or something to hack. The other one was underwater.

That looks like an evidence chest for one of the cop open world missions - maybe the mission didn't trigger or something?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That looks like an evidence chest for one of the cop open world missions - maybe the mission didn't trigger or something?

I guess, but there's nothing around. And the one underwater couldn't have been one of those, because there's no gang activity underwater :haw:

Edit: I see, the "?" boxes one. I think I've done a couple of those and must have forgotten they exist.

itry fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 21, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Those are part of the icons on the map that a blue box, where you go to the spot find a shard, shard points you at a thing to loot and that the entire gig.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

SplitSoul posted:

Tool for changing hairstyle so you don't need to hex edit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/377
So what's the code for the hair style that Claire and Lizzy use?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SplitSoul posted:

Tool for changing hairstyle so you don't need to hex edit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/377

Here is a video on how to hex edit a few other things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW75edtVZTI

Is there one to edit the vehicles you can buy into other cosmetic skins of the same vehicles?

The one on the left you can buy, the one on the right looks waaaay better:

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Dec 21, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
my fave bridge I call it the f zero bridge

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Goddamn, it's been said before but going full hacker really is playing on easy mode. I'm lvl...20ish, I think, and just got some of the perks and blue quickhacks that increase the # of enemies affected. The only condition that determines whether or not I can wipe an entire encounter in under 10 seconds is 'can I see any enemies at all'. If yes, hack the planet. Really feels like enemies should be able to react to hacking somehow, maybe just turn off their implants and go full flesh at a debuff, or some kind of temporary ICE barrier or something. They're just fish in a barrel.

With all the quickhack/beach protocol perks working together, I've got nearly infinite RAM and cooldowns are almost nonexistent, and the only purp quickhacks I have atm are ping and weapon malfunction.

God help Night City when I eventually snag a purple contagion.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 21, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is there one to edit the vehicles you can buy into other cosmetic skins of the same vehicles?

No but this seems to work like GTA did where if you drive a vehicle then all the vehicles around you will spawn as that type of vehicle. So just hop out and steal one that's more to your liking.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Exciting new bug made everyone's skin look like this. Guess I'm switching to sweaters :(

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
90 hours more, lets go

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

On shotguns, I've had mixed success with them but the big winner is definitely the power double barrel

Double-barrels are great. The +damage mods apply to each pellet so +5 damage mod on an x10 or x20 pellet double barrel shotgun is a beautiful thing, especially at lower levels.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

McKilligan posted:

Goddamn, it's been said before but going full hacker really is playing on easy mode. I'm lvl...20ish, I think, and just got some of the perks and blue quickhacks that increase the # of enemies affected. The only condition that determines whether or not I can wipe an entire encounter in under 10 seconds is 'can I see any enemies at all'. If yes, hack the planet. Really feels like enemies should be able to react to hacking somehow, maybe just turn off their implants and go full flesh at a debuff, or some kind of temporary ICE barrier or something. They're just fish in a barrel.

With all the quickhack/beach protocol perks working together, I've got nearly infinite RAM and cooldowns are almost nonexistent, and the only purp quickhacks I have atm are ping and weapon malfunction.

God help Night City when I eventually snag a purple contagion.

The real thing you want is legendary ping (which removes that pesky must see enemy directly to hack them limitation).

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The credits holos are cool but I secretly wish it was just every fixer in the game calling to try to sell you another vehicle one after the other instead of heartfelt messages from your friends.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Tenzarin posted:

Those are part of the icons on the map that a blue box, where you go to the spot find a shard, shard points you at a thing to loot and that the entire gig.

Ah, thanks. Sounds bad. Unless there's something interesting in those boxes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

necrobobsledder posted:

In Japan town areas the PA has Korean and Japanese over the system. The idea that a Japanese-dominated East would even allow Korean to exist anymore is laughable to me as a Korean given the sheer oppression in the cyberpunk universe. Like straight up ethnic cleansing would be daily news I’d imagine in such a world.

Then it's settled, the koreans of the cyberpunk criminal underworld need to establish the Geomijul.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1340770522104291329

lmao

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

ZeeBoi posted:

In the game, a news report says homelessness has jumped 300% so the NCPD is preparing to shuttle them all out into the desert :v:

(This is how you get tribal gangs)

I mean that's still better than the plan they mention on the news for dealing with the homeless in the Watson sewers which is pump the sewers full of nerve gas

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I mean that's still better than the plan they mention on the news for dealing with the homeless in the Watson sewers which is pump the sewers full of nerve gas

I think the word they were using is "fumigate".

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL the madlad actually said it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i finished the game with a 5mb save file and no problems

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It automatically uses it. Which is annoying, because if you find a shard for a skill you are currently Attribute capped at it’s wasted
There was ONE time it went into my inventory and I got to use it later. I've never seen that happen again.

I also have three 'not even an icon' datashards from picking up blank no text datashards in a Blue crime icon location sitting in my "all items" inventory, along with the uncommon ping quest reward quickhack. So yeah.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Good timing on the rollercoaster :3:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Play cyberpunk too long it turns into an ironman challenge.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Can you go through the whole game by punching everyone in the face, no guns otherwise? Probably coupled with hacking skills?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So just to be sure, there's no way to get a legendary version of Skippy is there? Skippy just levels up with the player?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

necrobobsledder posted:

It is kinda lame that there's like no exploration of ethnic conflict in the game. You have this cool diverse city with all these vibrant ethnic enclaves but like there's a specific reason a city has a Chinatown or Little Italy or w/ever in reality (racism) and there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in Cyberpunk

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
More developers should tell their customers to stop playing their games wrong, honestly.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Tenzarin posted:

Play cyberpunk too long it turns into an ironman challenge.

it's the Kojima concept, the disc self destructs if you die in game.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I went back and did the Star ending, and I'm kind of annoyed that it seems to work out a lot better for everyone involved. Rogue doesn't die, and your love interest doesn't break up with you. Saul gets killed but who freakin' cares, that's nothing compared to the 1-2 gut punch of Rogue and Judy! Which is kind of a shame because I think doing the final Arasaka run with Johnny and Rogue fits much better thematically AND is just a cooler mission overall.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
holaaa

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1340800937905037312

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you're on PC open notepad and copy paste this:

[Vehicle]
EnableAirResistane = true
EnableFreeRotationResistantTorque = true
EnableLowVelStoppingResistance = false
EnableSmoothWheelContacts = true
ForceMoveToMaxAngularSpeed = 100.000000
ForceMoveToMaxLinearSpeed = 30.000000
ForceSimplifiedMovement = true
MaxForceMoveToTeleportThreshold = 50.000000
VelocitySmoothingTime = 0.500000
WeightTransferMode = 1

Save as vehiclehandling.ini and put it in Cyberpunk2077/engine/config/platform/pc

Then just drive whatever you like but I suppose the Caliburn is the best.

E: Oh and there's a free jet black Caliburn in the tunnel you go into for one of Panam's quests - you'll know if you've been there. It's in a crate near the fight.

If you're not on PC the Shion "Coyote" is the hands down the best car. It's totally drivable and gets up to 200mph.

I tried this just now and...seems good? It doesn't feel like some sort of huge dramatic change, but everything feels a bit less spazzy and easier to control on PC.
Thanks for posting it!