Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
can microsoft patch fallout 4 to be a good rpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In hindsight fo4 has proved better than all attempts to clown on it by even the new vegas alums and the witcher 3 team and loving todd is probably loving it, but boy do the rpg elements and the story structure of fo4 suck rear end , todd

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I expect Cyberpunk will be getting a patch

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats on the horizon for the series X are there some next gen patches coming for last gen games we know about

Control upgrade coming in feb. Imagine there’s a few cyberpunk patches coming too :)

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Real hurthling! posted:

In hindsight fo4 has proved better than all attempts to clown on it by even the new vegas alums and the witcher 3 team and loving todd is probably loving it, but boy do the rpg elements and the story structure of fo4 suck rear end , todd

Wait,if the RPG part and the story part of an RPG sucks, what's good?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Twerk from Home posted:

It just works!

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
Phil Spencer is probably over the moon at everyone getting enough stimulus money to buy a new xbox

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I enjoyed Outer Worlds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont judge you

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

BoosterDuck posted:

Phil Spencer is probably over the moon at everyone getting enough stimulus money to buy a new xbox

Like, I already bought mine before release but now I can feel like I got it for free.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Outer Worlds makes a neat first impression, then you realize the game is an inch deep and it becomes a slog from there. It's why so many reviewers were praising it so heavily right at the outset and just kinda gradually soured on it as the weeks went by.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I enjoyed Outer Worlds.
I enjoyed it too, the whole way through. Each aspect of the game could have been fleshed out a bit more but what was there was pretty solid. It gets a way worse rap than it deserves.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The Witcher 3 is excellent on Series X. The performance mode seems to be 4k 60 fps and looks and runs flawlessly. Basically any xbox one game that has an unlocked frame rate/resolution mode runs really well on Series X, like Hitman 2.

The Witcher 3 will also be getting a Series X patch with ray tracing and faster load times for free so that's something to look forward to, though who knows if that'll be delayed because of the Cyberpunk mess. Not sure how they'll make it load faster because even unoptimized it loads hilariously fast, to the point where it seems to break physics. I'll fast travel and barrels and poo poo will start flying.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 21, 2020

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hivebusters is dope

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So I should be getting my $600 check at the first of January. Any idea what the series X supply will look like theb?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Lammasu posted:

So I should be getting my $600 check at the first of January. Any idea what the series X supply will look like theb?

MS said itll be until April until supply is normalized but honestly keep checking Walmart/Best Buy and you'll probably nab one. Follow Wario64 on Twitter and he'll tweet when they're available. Just act quickly.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quidditch it and quit it posted:

I expect Cyberpunk will be getting a patch

Its gonna get a toe tag if their stock keeps dropping

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Its gonna get a toe tag if their stock keeps dropping

:bustem:

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

CuddleCryptid posted:

To avoid just skimming the AAA games,

- Frostpunk is a really good colony sim about keeping a colony alive in a word slowly freezing to death
- Outer Wilds (NOT Outer Worlds, which is an unplayably boring game) is a fun freeform mystery game about trying to figure out why your universe keeps exploding every 20 minutes.
- Subnautica is a survival game that takes place entirely underwater.
- Hypnospace Outlaw is a clever game by the guy that made Dropsy about being an internet cop on late 90s software.

Monster Train is a fun take on the Slay the Spire formula that isn't just a clone/reskin of the original.
State of Decay 2 is a lot of fun and they add stuff monthly - sometimes it's just more bounties, but they just added a super hard mode and the ability to custom tailor parts of your difficulty so you can play as you like.
World of Horror is fun if you don't mind rogue like difficulty.
Gato Roboto was fun, reminded me of Blaster Master from the old NES days.
Full Throttle and Day of the Tentacle are the best of the SCUMM engine adventure games from back in the day and are both on there.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

any word on when they’re going to start up BC porting again?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

any word on when they’re going to start up BC porting again?

They said it's getting more difficult because a lot of the remaining titles are harder to license.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Hopefully they BC port nier so the gestalt story can still be experienced.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m really liking Ori and Will of Wisps so far but I still like Hollow Knight more atm and can’t explain why

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The combat in Ori feels much more satisfying to me. Chaining together a bunch of hammer swings is a big goomba stomp (little repeatable action that feels good every time you do it).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked Ori considerably more but the low points of the Ori games are just rock bottom.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

American McGay posted:

The combat in Ori feels much more satisfying to me. Chaining together a bunch of hammer swings is a big goomba stomp (little repeatable action that feels good every time you do it).

You can even add a big goomba stomp to it :v: Although mainlining the hammer bit me in the rear end hard in the Kwolok fight

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Twerk from Home posted:

I'm probably in the minority but I enjoyed building functioning settlements for those dumb as gently caress settler NPC's. :v:

You kind of need the DLC's to make buildings that don't look like garbage shacks though.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thom12255 posted:

Fallout 4 is getting a 60fps patch sometime.

Is Fallout 76 getting a 60fps patch as well? Seems like it would make more sense since it's a service game that's still active with more updates to come in the future. I know there's more story content due with pets/companions and base building stuff as well while the game seems to have actually made a decent comeback with all the support it's had? It looks pretty chill on Twitch and even the BR mode looks fun but I don't wanna grab it unless they do a performance patch to get to 60fps and maybe make the game look a little nicer.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Stellaris is another must-play on gamepass if you have the time to watch a youtube vid about the basic mechanics. Its an empire building type game with a lot of little granular systems and poo poo to obsess over. Great emergent gameplay type game. My favorite play through was when I roleplayed as Klingons and united the rest of the galaxy in love for my people because I kept hammering a neighbor kingdom of space-elf nazis in war.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

SUNKOS posted:

Is Fallout 76 getting a 60fps patch as well? Seems like it would make more sense since it's a service game that's still active with more updates to come in the future. I know there's more story content due with pets/companions and base building stuff as well while the game seems to have actually made a decent comeback with all the support it's had? It looks pretty chill on Twitch and even the BR mode looks fun but I don't wanna grab it unless they do a performance patch to get to 60fps and maybe make the game look a little nicer.

ESO is confirmed to be getting a patch which I assume will allow 60 fps but they've said nothing about FO76. I'd be surprised if it doesn't though.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

ESO is confirmed to be getting a patch which I assume will allow 60 fps but they've said nothing about FO76. I'd be surprised if it doesn't though.

They've had to delay it until they figure out how to fit 60 fingers on Pip-boy's hand for the news post about it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Thoughts after a week: the new controller is very good overall, but with my hulk hands and piano fingers, I have to almost lift the entire palm and thumb off the grips to hinge my index fingers over to hit the bumpers. I've been trying to get used to just nudging the edge of it with the side of my finger but it's about a 50/50 shot whether I actually click the button fully or not. I think this has more to do with my massive hands than the controller but it's something new to get used to for sure.

The triggers are way better though. No contest

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hey y'all, I'm in the market to score one of these bad boys :D What's the best way to get my hands on one? What are the best games the Xbox Series X has to offer?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

The best games is Game Pass Ultimate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

1. follow wario64 and try to catch a walmart drop before the rest of his followers
2. as far as i can tell patches to forza horizon 4 and gow5 are the only thing approaching next-gen titles so hope you like racing games

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Hey y'all, I'm in the market to score one of these bad boys :D What's the best way to get my hands on one? What are the best games the Xbox Series X has to offer?

I watched Wario64, was able to add it to my cart on microsoft.com one of the times it came up, but was too late to check out. The console stayed in the cart though. So then I kept that checkout page open and the next time wario64 said they were up at microsoft i just clicked checkout. And FWIW, it gave a Jan 5 delivery date at time of order and was delivered on December 16.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

John F Bennett posted:

The best games is Game Pass Ultimate

True.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of game pass, I'm playing Arkham Knight and it's pretty great, though the graphics show their age a bit on the new system. Any idea of another batman game like that is in the works?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They said it's getting more difficult because a lot of the remaining titles are harder to license.

In my case it's a bunch of Japan-centric smaller games that wouldn't move the meter. And Simpsons H&R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Speaking of game pass, I'm playing Arkham Knight and it's pretty great, though the graphics show their age a bit on the new system. Any idea of another batman game like that is in the works?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNpfGt7YcGk