Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://clips.twitch.tv/AttractiveBrainyKeyboardKappaWealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the protagonist of what

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The game that was extensively talked about last page, Kuro no Kiseki!

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
Has Sean played any of the pre-CS games? I wouldn't mind watching him play those.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Hwurmp posted:

the protagonist of what

Terper posted:

The game that was extensively talked about last page, Kuro no Kiseki!

aka this dude

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's just Rean and Lloyd's fusion form, Rroynd

you don't fool me

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Don't be absurd. There's clearly some Joshua in there.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Estelle really was a fluke, wasn't she? :sigh:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no not really

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I love Katsumi Enami's art and I know she didn't design these two, but these designs aint hittin for me.
I'm kind of sick of polite desk work type main girls, after both Elie and Alisa being like that. Would be nice to go back towards Estelle, or even further towards Shirley.
Love the dude's outfit and his hair's fine, but I just don't like his face, its the wrong end of delinquent compared to Ash.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

MythosDragon posted:

I love Katsumi Enami's art and I know she didn't design these two, but these designs aint hittin for me.
I'm kind of sick of polite desk work type main girls, after both Elie and Alisa being like that.

Now I'm by no means a fan of Alisa but that doesn't sound like an accurate description of either her design or her character to me.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The protags casual posture, unbuttoned shirt and single earring clearly give him a Kevin vibe if we must describe him only in comparison to previous MCs.

Anyway, I think i'm reaching endgame in Ys 6 and its been cool. I heard this is one of the weakest games in the series and if this is the worst Ys has to offer then it must have some of the most consistently strong games of any long-running franchise out there, because yeah it has problems but this is still a pretty solid game. It's definitely less tightly put together than Oath and fairly messy in parts but the core mechanics are still strong and i've been having a lot of fun with it. Really lame boss fights though, it took Ys 3 a while to start putting together good fights but after the halfway point most bosses were really good and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

and if this is the worst Ys has to offer

Well Kefin and Mask of the Sun and Ys Strategy and the MMO exist(ed) so no, it isn't.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The protags casual posture, unbuttoned shirt and single earring clearly give him a Kevin vibe if we must describe him only in comparison to previous MCs.

Anyway, I think i'm reaching endgame in Ys 6 and its been cool. I heard this is one of the weakest games in the series and if this is the worst Ys has to offer then it must have some of the most consistently strong games of any long-running franchise out there, because yeah it has problems but this is still a pretty solid game. It's definitely less tightly put together than Oath and fairly messy in parts but the core mechanics are still strong and i've been having a lot of fun with it. Really lame boss fights though, it took Ys 3 a while to start putting together good fights but after the halfway point most bosses were really good and that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I think it's less that Ark of Napishtim is one of the worst games that Ys has to offer and more that it's among the worst of the ones that are readily available. Like, you could technically play Wanderers from Ys or look into some of the other games from between 2 and 6, but you shouldn't.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Well Kefin and Mask of the Sun and Ys Strategy and the MMO exist(ed) so no, it isn't.

Listen those aren't on steam so I haven't heard of them.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

actually everyone who thinks Ys 6 is bad are just wrong and dumb and i don't understand them

7 is way worse

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MythosDragon posted:

I'm kind of sick of polite desk work type main girls, after both Elie and Alisa being like that
describe how alisa is like that

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Only time where Alisa matches that description is that brief bit when she first appears in CS3 before locking herself in her office to relax. Which if anything was meant to be a play on her entirely not being that kind of person and finding it exhausting.

MythosDragon posted:

Love the dude's outfit and his hair's fine, but I just don't like his face, its the wrong end of delinquent compared to Ash.

I have to admit that the more I look at him the more it feels like someone said "what if Ash, but night theme"

Idkbutlike2
Nov 5, 2011
The MC is giving me strong Jonathan Ingram vibes - well, minus space and all that poo poo. Deadbeat PIs make for fun protagonists.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
He looks like a boring protagonist

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Alisa's job is literally to sit at a desk and checkout what death weapons her employees are making and its not like she's a main combatant of the team or we've ever talked about her archery in detail, so that's one of her main traits. And she's generally a super polite girl until jealously happens. Also her CS3&4 design is literally an office work outfit.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

He looks cool and I want to know more about him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Overbite posted:

He looks like a boring protagonist

I dunno, the first key art was him asleep on a couch with a "Car Freak" magazine over his face and that leaves a pretty positive impression imo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MythosDragon posted:

Alisa's job is literally to sit at a desk and checkout what death weapons her employees are making and its not like she's a main combatant of the team or we've ever talked about her archery in detail, so that's one of her main traits. And she's generally a super polite girl until jealously happens. Also her CS3&4 design is literally an office work outfit.
what

she runs an entire section of the company in cs3 and 4 and literally her entire motivation in those games is to make her mom *stop* making death weapons

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Wonder how the protag of Kuro feels about Reinford's orbal bikes

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Endorph posted:

what

she runs an entire section of the company in cs3 and 4 and literally her entire motivation in those games is to make her mom *stop* making death weapons

I've never once heard her say anything about the reinford company completely leaving the weapon's market. The rest of your comment supports what I said too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean yeah, she's doesn't want to leave weapons manufacturing she just wants to stop with the intercontinental death cannons and the like. And while her goal is to show she can run the business better than her Mum and while being less of a cutthroat jerk about it, she's also an actual Engineer herself right? Like, she's supposed to have inherited a lot of her dad's technical skills and everything.

And yeah she's nice and all, but it's not like she's Emma or Elliot. She can be kinda immature, gets frustrated super easily and can be pretty snippy and sarcastic. She's not really a super polite office worker or whatever.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 21, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

she's also an actual Engineer herself right? Like, she's supposed to have inherited a lot of her dad's technical skills and everything.

yeah this comes up multiple times in cs3 and 4 since george isnt around to be the tech guy. it isnt really focused on much ill grant you that but its there

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

what office do you work at where the dress code is "pop singer"

what do they make the dudes wear

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hwurmp posted:

what office do you work at where the dress code is "pop singer"

what do they make the dudes wear

I mean, this IS a jrpg. It would be utterly unsurprising to me to run into an office in some jrpg where the dress code literally is pop singer.

Also obviously they make the dudes wear pop singer clothes, are you insinuating that dudes can't be pop singers :arghfist:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Asking the boss for a raise and he's like

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Supremezero posted:

I mean, this IS a jrpg. It would be utterly unsurprising to me to run into an office in some jrpg where the dress code literally is pop singer.

Also obviously they make the dudes wear pop singer clothes, are you insinuating that dudes can't be pop singers :arghfist:

The school festival dude outfit is the dress code for dudes, while the girls HAVE TO HAVE GIANT ZIPPERS.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
I don't think I saw this discussed in the last few pages, but apologies if I missed it.

So I was looking at Nihon Falcom games on steam just for the hell of it, due to the sale and all when I noticed some odd listings:

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki I KAI -Thors Military Academy 1204-
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki II KAI -The Erebonian Civil War-
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki III
The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki IV -THE END OF SAGA-

These are probably just the versions of the game meant for the Chinese and Korean audience given that the steam pages for these games show support for Traditional Chinese and Korean. Still weird that I can see these listings and the store description is still in English.

However, the more interesting new listings are here:

The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki KAI
The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki KAI

:aaaaa:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Oof those incredibly basic eagle filter textures.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
As you have correctly identified those are all meant for the Chinese/Korean market. I wouldn't read anything into it regarding English localization releases.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Yeah, those were announced over a month ago.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/the-legend-of-heroes-zero-no-kiseki-and-ao-no-kiseki-coming-to-steam-in-chinese-and-korean

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Azure's at 80% btw.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And that's Ys VI done. A perfectly solid game. I don't regret playing it but it was just pretty ok, nothing all that special.

I think the biggest issue was that the bosses were all pretty simple and boring and that's a problem because they should be the most memorable parts of the game. They all only had a couple of attacks and super basic patterns and by the end of the game i could just facetank everything and destroy my enemies with a couple of fire lasers. Still, despite one or two the bosses weren't really bad just kinda bland and the game was still fun to play so overall I liked it.

Now onto Seven. I hear it's kinda rough but I prefer the action rpg gameplay and Ys VIII is still my fav so i'm excited to experience Falcom's earlier attempts at that style of game.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

going from 8/Celceta to 7 might have the same problems as going from Origin/Felghana to Napishtim but 7's still got some kickass tunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Desert of Despair is so good.