Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Begorrah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Begorrah.

Bozhe moi!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
This looks extremely rad:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/marvel-s-stormbreaker-peach-momoko-presents-demon-days-x-men-1-in-march

quote:

DEMON DAYS: X-MEN #1 will be the start of a five-part prestige series bringing to life characters like Wolverine, Psylocke, Venom, and more in Momoko’s one-of-a-kind style. Each issue of the series, released once every three months, will feature some of the most popular Marvel heroes, setting the stage for an all-new saga that will leave fans mesmerized.

quote:

As both the writer and the artist, what was the first thing you wanted to tackle when creating DEMON DAYS: X-MEN #1?

Because I love yōkai stories, horror stories, Japanese folktales, classic samurai tales… I wanted to tackle as much as possible telling these concepts with the Marvel characters and make something Marvel fans can still appreciate [while bringing] in a fresh direction. Also, I had to know how much I can push Marvel’s boundaries in character designing and storytelling.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Wow, I love Gorillaz!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Those are some pretty flowers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I know Psylocke put them in an impossible position, and the compromise they hit on was probably the closest you could manage without the luxury of, say, being a movie that can just cast a British-Asian actor as her, but have they managed to make anyone give a poo poo about Revanche?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I know Psylocke put them in an impossible position, and the compromise they hit on was probably the closest you could manage without the luxury of, say, being a movie that can just cast a British-Asian actor as her, but have they managed to make anyone give a poo poo about Revanche?

she's not called Revanche anymore but she's a main character in one of the best X books going right now

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JordanKai posted:

Wow, I love Gorillaz!

Yeah, I can see Noodle being the product of a Weapon X splinter program, no problem.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 19, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

She's in Hellions and I like the book but she's not the main draw.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gaz-L posted:

She's pretty good in Hellions, but she's basically just a slightly more ornery classic Psylocke in terms of disposition. If the fact that she was back in her own body wasn't a pre-established plot point, I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference.

I do like her more than Betsy, but that's mostly just because Captain Britain and Otherworld stuff makes me roll my eyes, even if the actual Excalibur book has been pretty good.

Also just in general I really like Hellions as a comic. It feels more X-Force-y than X-Force.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do Kwannon and Betsy still try to murder each other if they are in close proximity?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Do Kwannon and Betsy still try to murder each other if they are in close proximity?

No. But they also don't really hang out much either.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

That was actually a cool thing in Thompson's Captain Marvel when she took it over. Rogue and Carol both being pretty emphatically NOT friends, but not like "grr, must fight" rivals either.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Skwirl posted:

I think Tini Howard mentioned they do want to reach a point where both characters can talk about all the baggage between them, but probably not super quickly.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Last night I had a literal fever dream that involved Franklin Richards being turned into basically a drider by his cosmic powers backfiring and he took on the codename "Arachnodude" so I think Marvel should do that and pay me, thank you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Last night I had a literal fever dream that involved Franklin Richards being turned into basically a drider by his cosmic powers backfiring and he took on the codename "Arachnodude" so I think Marvel should do that and pay me, thank you.

Not sure I want to see Franklin Richards in black face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnF-DRoQSPM

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

wielder posted:

I think Tini Howard mentioned they do want to reach a point where both characters can talk about all the baggage between them, but probably not super quickly.

Maybe it was just me being young, but I thought I remembered more to Kwannon than just showing up, snarking at Betsy a little, going on an adventure together then making out with Angel before she dies from the Legacy virus.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On a possibly similar note, I just went through Chip Zdarsky's Peter Parker run (plus the Waid OGN that he based off) and how do people feel about Peter's sister being a for-real thing now? I know a lot of people don't love the Parkers being CIA/SHIELD agents but can mostly ignore it because it never really matters, but Teresa kinda throws that stuff front and centre. Plus it seems like Chip's got a thing for retconning siblings, considering he apparently made Mike Murdock real as well?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like Teresa. I hope other people use her.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

On a possibly similar note, I just went through Chip Zdarsky's Peter Parker run (plus the Waid OGN that he based off) and how do people feel about Peter's sister being a for-real thing now? I know a lot of people don't love the Parkers being CIA/SHIELD agents but can mostly ignore it because it never really matters, but Teresa kinda throws that stuff front and centre. Plus it seems like Chip's got a thing for retconning siblings, considering he apparently made Mike Murdock real as well?

Mike Murdock being real is from Charles Soule's run, though Zdarsky integrated him more fully.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

I like Teresa. I hope other people use her.

Chip kinda zig-zagged this, but her dating Johnny Storm seems like it'd be the perfect set-up for a little running soap-opera bit and let her peek out from Spider-Man titles a little.

I also really like the idea of Jameson being in on the secret identity changes almost nothing about how obnoxious he is regarding Spidey, just the tone of that obnoxiousness.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

What benefits does SHIELD offer in terms of life insurance? Were his parents making minimum wage? I feel like Peter should be entitled to some money. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bananaquiter posted:

What benefits does SHIELD offer in terms of life insurance? Were his parents making minimum wage? I feel like Peter should be entitled to some money. :colbert:

They keep saying they were CIA, but they talk about them saving the world with ray guns from Hyrda and poo poo, and when Teresa contacts her old handler and finds her birth certificate it's Nick Fury Sr, so not really sure why they're not outright just said to be SHIELD?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gaz-L posted:

They keep saying they were CIA, but they talk about them saving the world with ray guns from Hyrda and poo poo, and when Teresa contacts her old handler and finds her birth certificate it's Nick Fury Sr, so not really sure why they're not outright just said to be SHIELD?
Movie rights poo poo maybe?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

might be sliding timeline stuff, too. I'm not sure when the public facing non Leonardo da Vinci arm of SHIELD even starts in the current continuity but it might be a situation where they don't want to make Spider-Man's parents be active before the magic crime wizard war in Southeast Asia or something

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

Mike Murdock being real is from Charles Soule's run, though Zdarsky integrated him more fully.

it would be funny if world's guiltiest Catholic Matt's brother was just a comics version of the guy who shows up when you google Mike Murdock

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/TsuburayaGlobal/status/1341065899936124930?s=20

Hopefully this one will be better, and more Ultraman

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Also, I'd just like to point out, I called it.

quote:

In The Rise of Ultraman, we had to create a whole new universe (built on the powerful concepts and characters of the original television shows). Then, in the final issue of Rise, we turned that world upside.

Now, in The Trials of Ultraman, we get to really explore this new universe

Gripweed posted:

Rise of Ultraman #4. Jesus Christ. I am astounded. So this entire loving 5 issue miniseries exists to set up for some future Ultraman series why the USP acts in the open and why the monsters are giant. Two things which literally every Ultraman series just has as the basic premise. Giant monsters exist and there is an organization to fight them. But no, not Marvel Ultraman. They need a five issue miniseries to explain why there are giant monsters and an organization that fights them. And the explanation is, well the monsters used to be small and the organization used to be secret but then stuff happened and the monsters got big.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

And for your next trick, will you predict that Trials of the Ultraman #1 will lead into Trials of the Ultraman #2?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The tweet misspelled it and says trails of Ultraman. This is just going to be a hiking comic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

And for your next trick, will you predict that Trials of the Ultraman #1 will lead into Trials of the Ultraman #2?

Trials of Ultraman will explain why Ultraman can get big.
Revenge of Ultraman will explain why Ultraman fights monsters while he's big
Dawn of Ultraman will lay the groundwork for Ultraman's first battle against a giant monsters.
That first fight will happen in an event book.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gatts posted:

The tweet misspelled it and says trails of Ultraman. This is just going to be a hiking comic.

That would own. I know about Encouragement of Climb and Laid-Back Camp, but I don't think there's a comic just about hiking.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Marvel did make a romance manga about tennis school. Since it's title is "15-Love" it's literally one of the first thing you see when browsing Unlimited's full list of titles

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Marvel did make a romance manga about tennis school. Since it's title is "15-Love" it's literally one of the first thing you see when browsing Unlimited's full list of titles

It was one of their periodic attempts to try and make Millie the Model work again, wasn't it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

It was one of their periodic attempts to try and make Millie the Model work again, wasn't it?

Probably, the main character does some modeling in it too IIRC.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm never going to read a Millie the Model comic, but they should make her a supporting character in a Hellcat series.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Didn't Leah do a book with Millie in it, like the first Mary Jane book or something

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

Didn't Leah do a book with Millie in it, like the first Mary Jane book or something

You'd think someone could make something from Patsy and MJ, you'd figure they'd have been up for the same gigs and shows a bunch.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

She was at Sue and Reed's wedding ffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
She was in the first Dazzler series, if memory serves.