Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please

forums poster

B33rChiller posted:

poo poo, when I was younger, just confidently handing over legit ID that showed I was 16yo was often enough to convince the cashier to sell me booze or smokes. Many times they wouldn't check the date. The clerks either just wanted to show that they were asking for ID, or they were convinced by the manner it was presented, or they were in too much of a rush to bother actually reading the thing and doing a tiny bit of math. Other times they would actually read it, and give me the old double take Wait-a-minute, you're not 18!

yeah like he told me "just show me your ID that says you have 4th period lunch so it looks like I carded you, then just hand me a couple singles so it looks like you handed me a 20 and a 10, and I'll give you a single and some coins back"

Chris ruled. he's a librarian now

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

strange mango for me today. I was nicely tired after dinner, and went to bed at 8:30 last night woke up feeling like I was ready for the day, and checked the clock, was 1-something am. now just past 4am. I think I might be having a nap today. Hope everyone has a good one.

yesterday was a nice day. we (myself, my wife, and our 4yo daughter) went up to the local mountain and did a bit of a walk from the nordic area to the downhill, and did a bit of sledding on the multi-use trail. had a nice little break with popcorn and hot chocolate while we watched the chair lift and fed the whiskeyjacks.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
xcheopis

B33rChiller posted:

strange mango for me today. I was nicely tired after dinner, and went to bed at 8:30 last night woke up feeling like I was ready for the day, and checked the clock, was 1-something am. now just past 4am. I think I might be having a nap today. Hope everyone has a good one.

yesterday was a nice day. we (myself, my wife, and our 4yo daughter) went up to the local mountain and did a bit of a walk from the nordic area to the downhill, and did a bit of sledding on the multi-use trail. had a nice little break with popcorn and hot chocolate while we watched the chair lift and fed the whiskeyjacks.

That sounds like a lovely day! Do you have scenery pics to share?

B33rChiller

xcheopis posted:

That sounds like a lovely day! Do you have scenery pics to share?

Yeah, on my phone. I haven't looked at them yet. busy playing wingspan heh Thanks for the reminder I'll get on uploading

Here's a little something

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Dec 21, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Good morning, welcome, hello, chat, gold mango!!!!!!!!!!

This morning I'm having a very traditional breakfast of kongnamul guk, rice and some naengguk. Because that's what was in the fridge this morning.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also good news everyone, my replacement downstems will be here tomorrow and then we can light every bong in the house, as per Christmas tradition.

Also since I can't spend time physically with my family this year, we're fighting over Zoom instead. I hope I end up crying in the first two hours like usual!!!

Escape From Noise

I forgot to share pics of my hike a few days ago!

B33rChiller

Yay to hiking pics and fresh downstems!

here's a couple photos and a quick video from yesterday

Here's a little something

Dr. Honked posted:

nut

big fan of the bird let me say

B33rChiller

me too!

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

nut posted:

big fan of the bird let me say

That's a nuthatch.

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

That's a nuthatch.

Canada Jay / Whiskeyjack / Gray Jay

Dr. Honked posted:

Escape From Noise

I got a new plate today at the 100 yen store

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That's what I said, a nuthatch.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Good morning. :coffeepal:

B33rChiller

:comfyoot:

Dr. Honked posted:

alnilam

Góðan daginn allir

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Coffee crew, what is your pro strat for cold brew? I tried using a nutmilk bag as a filter and now my cold brew tastes like cotton swabs. I need a new nutmilk bag too.

Frick.

alnilam

nut milk bag is one of my favorite phrases it sounds like nonsensical gibberish until you think about it and then it makes perfect sense

biosterous

Kief Richards posted:

Coffee crew, what is your pro strat for cold brew? I tried using a nutmilk bag as a filter and now my cold brew tastes like cotton swabs. I need a new nutmilk bag too.

Frick.

i pour mine into a small strainer to grab the grounds, and then the liquid goes into a lovely nofrills(tm) brand basket filter (which is being held by a redundant strainer because it's a good size) and then into the big measuring cup. it makes it easy to deal with the grounds and the measuring cup holds a lot and makes it easy to pour the filtered stuff into the old crown royal bottle i use to hold it

lemme set it up and grab a pic

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kief Richards posted:

Frick.

French press, coarse coffee 100g, room temperature water. Let it brew for 8bhours, then filter using a mesh strainer to your decanter of choice. Alternately if you have like 350 bucks to spend get a Yama kyoto brew tower, they look like science and do the same thing.

biosterous

i do 8oz water per 1oz coarse grounds, 12-16 hours (overnight usually), poured through this setup and then into a bottle that goes in the fridge. i've got a big jar that lets me make about a week's worth at a time

(the crown royal bottle that the coffee goes in is also the perfect size/neck shape to hold up the strainers, it's a great bonus)

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

the other day spouse and i decorated some ornaments, here are the ones i made!

did this one all with a single nail polish colour, got a lot of variety by just adjusting thickness and brush stroke

two nail polish colours here, the white is just the bare plastic, but it works really well as a snowy base for the scene! i'm really happy with how this one turned out

this one didn't turn out as nice, oh well. it's hard to see but there are some horizontal swooshes in another colour, to generally convey the feeling of being caught in heavy snow in the evening, but the swooshes don't really stand out enough.

pompkin

gallery of sigs

he/him

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thank you, y'all! I'm gonna try again with the biosterous method; if that doesn't work, I'm gonna invest in some equipment because I'm literally too dumb to make coffee by 9pm.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I just ordered :ducksiren: NUTMILK BAGS :ducksiren: from my CSA so I can go back to milking my nuts.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Milknutttts milking on an open baggg,

Jacknut busting on your nooooose

although it's been said, many times, many ways, hairy nutsmas to you

Holy frigg, I'm trying to figure out how to ship a board game from the US to UK and I think it's impossible to not spend over 100 dollars. Somehow the person sent it to me for $40 and I can't send it back for less than $90. Is there a trick to this?

p.s. gmungo.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I'm done making candy, but tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be mass cookie baking days. Mentally and physically preparing myself for it by eating a ton of potatoes and shakshuka, for strength.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I was going to refuse to fight in the winter cookie wars but this year? This year my boyfriend's wife is making weed butter and specifically asked for cookies.

I'm signing up for the cookie Marines. Cookie war is cookie hell.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Kief Richards posted:

I was going to refuse to fight in the winter cookie wars but this year? This year my boyfriend's wife is making weed butter and specifically asked for cookies.

I'm signing up for the cookie Marines. Cookie war is cookie hell.

:haibrower:
I already made some cheese straws but I need to my make my World Famous Shortbread one of these days.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

B33rChiller

My sister in law just won Christmas. It was neck and neck between the two sisters, but she managed to find gluten free versions of stroopwaffels and salty licorice, very narrowly ekeing out a win vs Mrs. Chiller's gluten free shortbread.
I haven't had any of these in well over a year. These treats used to be right up at the top of my list of favs, until I found out they were killing me.

:siren:*BREAKING NEWS ALERT*:siren:

This just in, officials have reviewed the footage, and we apparently have a 3-way tie! I win, Mrs. Chiller wins, and her sister wins too!

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

:haibrower:
I already made some cheese straws but I need to my make my World Famous Shortbread one of these days.

Since we're doing BIG GAY CHRISTMAS I'm required by law to make both crinkle cookies and the really elaborate snowflake cookies with the royal icing and every single cookie MUST BE DIFFERENT YET PERFECT. I don't make the rules.

I want your cheese straw recipe though. I'm using my aunt's still and honestly it's kind of embarrassing because it's covered in paprika.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

B33rChiller posted:

My sister in law just won Christmas. It was neck and neck between the two sisters, but she managed to find gluten free versions of stroopwaffels and salty licorice, very narrowly ekeing out a win vs Mrs. Chiller's gluten free shortbread.
I haven't had any of these in well over a year. These treats used to be right up at the top of my list of favs, until I found out they were killing me.

:siren:*BREAKING NEWS ALERT*:siren:

This just in, officials have reviewed the footage, and we apparently have a 3-way tie! I win, Mrs. Chiller wins, and her sister wins too!

Oh poo poo. You got a link on the stroops? My dad loves them and can't have the glue-ton either.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hello

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Oh poo poo. You got a link on the stroops? My dad loves them and can't have the glue-ton either.

I'll ask her, but she lives in the Netherlands, so it might involve ordering from overseas.

edit: Hi aldantefax

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

That actually works well for me; I'm about due ordering some Dutch snacks anyway and I'm completely out of curry ketchup so I might as well prefer my bf a bunch of it.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Kief Richards posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Swoffle-Original-Caramel-Stroopwafel-Cookies/dp/B00KX7DHF0

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
drat we're just doing humble cookies. Peanut butter, ginger bread (I think) and sugar cookies specifically so I can use a schnauzer-shaped cookie cutter we have for some reason.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

B33rChiller

I tracked them down (actually took time to read the label beyond "Vrij van Gluten") and it's these https://www.ah.nl/producten/product/wi407845/ah-vrij-van-gluten-stroopwafels

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Omg thank you!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Another byob success story. . .