Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Len posted:

Chuds so I think that's offensive to weasels

Hm yeah, it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skwirl posted:

It might have gotten hacked at some point, I getting emails from Epic saying there was unauthorized access to my account like two different times when I first got it.

Ah, could be. Nothing to be gained by it though so :shrug:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Len posted:

Our company decided that instead of switching us to 2FA it was better to make it a 14 character password that changes every 3 months. It's great

hey mine too!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Len posted:

Our company decided that instead of switching us to 2FA it was better to make it a 14 character password that changes every 3 months. It's great

Ugh. It's the kind of unfortunate misinformation you get assaulted with even if you google something like "good password policy". There's some weird self-perpetuating cycle going on, people making these decisions get it wrong over and over again, and it's so loving stupid when password managers are readily available, and even integrated into browsers these days. Just... offload this idea of having a password you have to remember or change all the time. Nobody is going to come up with something better than Bhhmz3zitOf3YPHAuIhT, which took me all of 10 seconds to generate.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

StoryTime posted:

Nobody is going to come up with something better than Bhhmz3zitOf3YPHAuIhT, which took me all of 10 seconds to generate.

Now I've got your bank account, ha ha ha

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Now I've got your bank account, ha ha ha

You can have mine too.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

repiv posted:

99% of the time it's credential stuffing, you used the same password on some site with poor security, it got hacked, then someone bought the password list and blindly tried logging into Playstation/Epic/etc with the same credentials. They don't know if your account is worth stealing until they steal it, so they take the shotgun approach and pop as many as they can.

This is why security nerds tell you to use a password manager and unique random password for every site nowadays (or at least enable 2FA on anything important if you can't be bothered)

FYI Chrome will tell you if one of your saved credentials is on one of those compromised lists

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Today's free game on the Epic Games Store is Defense Grid: The Awakening.

And the image for tomorrow features space helmets, so it definitely could be Alien: Isolation like the leaked list says.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Figured I'd give The Long Dark a shot, but it just crashes after 5 seconds before I can even read the disclaimer. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

Nevermind: Seems like it was a problem with Epic's login servers from the log file. It's working now.

VegasGoat fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 20, 2020

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

StoryTime posted:

Nobody is going to come up with something better than Bhhmz3zitOf3YPHAuIhT, which took me all of 10 seconds to generate.

Thanks, now I need to change the combination on my luggage.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So the place i work has a building that the DHS demanded we put stricter security on. So they spent all this money adding in key pads, and building a cage for the drivers to wait in while they get loaded/unloaded

the password?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Len posted:

So the place i work has a building that the DHS demanded we put stricter security on. So they spent all this money adding in key pads, and building a cage for the drivers to wait in while they get loaded/unloaded

the password?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Len posted:

Mine's gone the other way. I just had to authenticate six times so I could get access to a service before i could fix something. The kicker here is that the final step sent a code to someone's personal phone, who is on holiday.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Len posted:

the password?

That's the sort of password an idiot would have on his luggage.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Said cage also has no ceiling, and they store two ladders on the inside of it

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Are you absolutely sure you're not working security for a text adventure?

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Today's EGS game is alien isolation, standard version (DLC to be purchased separately at 75% discount).

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Which I wouldn't mind, cept EGS logs me out daily now and refuses to log me in.

I'll just wait for the post 8am rush to be over.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I just got denied a few times and then it let me in. Not sure what is going on with their login system.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

OgNar posted:

Which I wouldn't mind, cept EGS logs me out daily now and refuses to log me in.

Given that today's game is not the usual indiegala freebie, I am expecting their servers to be ultrafucked RN, sorta like when they gifted GTA5.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1471390/KARDS__Starter_Pack/

This is a F2P card game on Steam, WW2-themed, with good reviews. For a week, it's giving out the starter pack for free (the relevant part for the thread). Check the tutorial out at least to see if it's your thing.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

Given that today's game is not the usual indiegala freebie, I am expecting their servers to be ultrafucked RN, sorta like when they gifted GTA5.

That's some pretty hefty hyperbole. Today's Indiegala freebie is Chop Chop Princess, a game released three years ago on Steam that has zero user reviews :v:

E: Sorry, one review.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 21, 2020

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

SlowBloke posted:

Today's EGS game is alien isolation, standard version (DLC to be purchased separately at 75% discount).

Any of the DLC worth getting?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
All of alien isolation’s content is good but you should really play the base game first. It can just not click for whatever reason, like any game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Stickman posted:

That's some pretty hefty hyperbole. Today's Indiegala freebie is Chop Chop Princess, a game released three years ago on Steam that has zero user reviews :v:

E: Sorry, one review.

I think that's literally his point. Todays EGS game is not some indieala poo poo, therefore busy servers :v:

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Len posted:

the password?

I'm really curious why you make your drivers wait in a cage while they get unloaded?
Do they have a history of escaping?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nullsmack posted:

I'm really curious why you make your drivers wait in a cage while they get unloaded?

it stops them from wandering the warehouse and getting their hands on whatever the dhs feels needs locked up

it isn't the hazmat building with all the flammable poo poo so i've got no idea

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nullsmack posted:

you have to beat the other drivers to get unloaded first

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

dogstile posted:

I think that's literally his point. Todays EGS game is not some indieala poo poo, therefore busy servers :v:

The hyperbole part is the implication that EGS giveaways are ever indiegala poo poo. Outside of some Very Indie extra games added to a few weeks, nearly everything has been either reasonably popular, well received, or both.

It might be true that Alien Isolation took down the giveaway system for bit since they only occasionally have AAA titles and when they do they're usually more niche!

Stickman fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 21, 2020

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Coolguye posted:

All of alien isolation’s content is good but you should really play the base game first. It can just not click for whatever reason, like any game.

Yeah, most of the Alien Isolation DLC is additional maps for the Survivor Mode game type. That puts you in an environment where you want to complete certain objectives in a limited time, having to rely on any items you can find. I played it twice after completing the campaign and I didn't care for it much, so I certainly didn't want more maps for it.

There are two pieces of single player content that replicate the movie Alien and which are voiced by the original cast (except Ash I think). But I remember people mentioning that they are both quite short. The original campaign on the other hand is really, really long. Odds are that if you finish it you are done with the game.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 21, 2020

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hwurmp posted:

you have to beat the other drivers to get unloaded first

Driver Royal Rumble. 30 Drivers enter. One driver leaves, unloaded.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Mierenneuker posted:

There are two pieces of single player content that replicate the movie Alien and which are voiced by the original cast (except Ash I think). But I remember people mentioning that they are both quite short. The original campaign on the other hand is really, really long. Odds are that if you finish it you are done with the game.

Yeah, the Alien aesthetic was absolutely nailed in the game, but man did I feel like I wanted it to end way before it actually did. Fun, but stressful.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Almost everyone says Isolation went too long, but I loved every minute of it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

spaceblancmange posted:

Almost everyone says Isolation went too long, but I loved every minute of it.

Same. It does have what appears to be an ending several hours before the actual ending, but I felt kind of sad when it was actually over. Definitely my favorite of the contemporary hide-and-seek games. Also it is an absolute must play for any fans of Alien, it is by far the game that has best nailed the atmosphere and aesthetics of the original film.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The only thing I didn't like was you get a gun at a specific point but before that you can collect ammo and kill some armed looters but can't pick up the guns they drop. It's a deliberate design choice to not let you have a gun early, fine but I had to stop playing and google the issue thinking I had a bug.

Need to give it another playthrough soon.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Driver Royal Rumble. 30 Drivers enter. One driver leaves, unloaded.

But he was dispatched for pickup! There better not be a dry run fee on this!

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Jack King-Spooner is giving away a whole bunch of his games for the holiday week
https://itch.io/s/43342/care-package2-2020-free-stuff

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

treat posted:

Jack King-Spooner is giving away a whole bunch of his games for the holiday week

No-one likes a jacking spooner.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

treat posted:

It's not free but Dujanah is an extremely good game, try it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

RBA Starblade posted:

It's not free but Dujanah is an extremely good game, try it out

:thumbsup: It's free for anyone who bought the massive Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality, because it was included in that.