Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

dragonshardz posted:

I am dragonshardz and do not own a Mesa Prime. I hear she has aimbot hax.

She is getting banned in 2021, all those who have Mesa Prime can keep her but must only use her in Conclave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Speaking of, I will be going on vacation for a few weeks after tomorrow. I know there's one person I need to give something, but if the rest of you want something, that's your time limit!

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Speaking of, I will be going on vacation for a few weeks after tomorrow. I know there's one person I need to give something, but if the rest of you want something, that's your time limit!

Your being very kind giving me the rhino prime as a gift, so I’m happy getting it whenever works best for you.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Also any ideas on how to build Revenant?

It looks like range is a dump state for him, so just power strength and efficiency with a bit of duration?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Ludo Friend posted:

It looks like range is a dump state for him, so just power strength and efficiency with a bit of duration?

You get more charges for mesmer with power strength. Duration is a good stat which affects sleep time and energy drain on his disco mode. Efficiency is super useful because you'll be casting mesmer armour regularly. I usually go with max power str, a tiny bit of duration so the stat hovers around 100, and the rest efficiency.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Ludo Friend posted:

Dump health, armor, and shields.

edit: my normal, all-around build is 152/130/100/223 (mostly played as a tank). I also have a danse build that is 40/175/138/168.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 21, 2020

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Danse build feels okay, but the inability to hit things on a different level to yourself is annoying. The beams need to go higher and lower and hit more of an angle.

I’ve been seeing the big sentients being one shot on the Orphix mission, any clue what weapons doing it? Even in guard mode my voidrig doesn’t seem to do more than a 1/6 of its health a shot.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If I had to guess Mauslon altfire, it deals an obscene amount of damage.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

this is only for pc goons, right?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

We can go longer.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pierson posted:

We can go longer.

Space Battles.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.

Tallgeese posted:

Hello, it's nearly Christmas! This means it is time for the yearly Christmas giveaway!

The rules are the same as previous years:

One gift only. It has to be something that ultimately "resolves" to one thing or package. It can be anything, though I suggest not asking for normal Warframes... except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

Must be in GOON or AKGOON.

---

If interested, quote this post and make your request. Same thing as every other year. Merry Christmas!

I would like to request a damaged necramech weapon set if that falls in under the sort of gifts one can ask for?

ign: HutterHutterssonHutter

Hutter fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 21, 2020

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

Hello, it's nearly Christmas! This means it is time for the yearly Christmas giveaway!

One gift only. It has to be something that ultimately "resolves" to one thing or package. It can be anything, though I suggest not asking for normal Warframes... except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

---

If interested, quote this post and make your request. Same thing as every other year. Merry Christmas!
I would like to request a classic: a 3 Forma Bundle. In game name: .nil

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

I would love Necramech Thrusters, if you are still around geese. :3

ign: necrof1n

necrofin fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 22, 2020

Malah
May 18, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

---

Merry Christmas, Santa Geesegod! Can I sit on your lap? I've been so good this year. :unsmigghh:

I have enough shame that I'm not just going to ask for a bunch of riven slots. I do not have a problem. However, I've been using Nova a lot lately between arbitrations and steel path nonsense. I'd love to pick up the Nova Atomica collection, but I can't get any buyers for my rivens and the mod market is moving very slow lately. Yeah, the skin is great, but that syandana is amazing! That can be used for so much fashion frame. However, I suppose it's up to Santa Geesegod whether I find coal or a gift on Christmas.

Regardless of my personal request; it's really cool that you're doing this. i try to give what I can to my fellow goons, but you (of course) take it to another level.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I got my 650 the other day and got three rivens and three riven mod slots. I think that's my favorite reward ever.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Did one round of the event last night. Weird as hell setup. Had to borrow a mech, though mine should be done today. Let me make sure I've got the rotation right:
  • Bring mech to deal with Big Nasty
  • Big Nasty shoots resonators out, destroy resonators (man I wish I had a mech Zenith)
  • Shoot weakpoint with archgun
  • Resonator wave 2, destroy resonators
  • Shoot weakpoint with archgun again and it dies
  • Repeat for next big nasty
Is that roughly right? At what point are you supposed to bring in the "good amp" that's allegedly necessary? Resetting Sentient resistances, sure, but even a Mote can do that (if ineffectively). Amp doesn't seem to do much to BN, I have a 665 and 80% of my hits were 0-damage hits even aimed at the weak point. Resonators just die normally to weapons fire.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SkyeAuroline posted:

Is that roughly right? At what point are you supposed to bring in the "good amp" that's allegedly necessary? Resetting Sentient resistances, sure, but even a Mote can do that (if ineffectively). Amp doesn't seem to do much to BN, I have a 665 and 80% of my hits were 0-damage hits even aimed at the weak point. Resonators just die normally to weapons fire.
Basically.
-Theres a fixed rotation for the orphix spawns too, ask someone to keep track of it if you're new (it's ABC(C?) first then ABBACC repeating afaik).
-Fluctus is a mech zenith (kinda? it's basically excalibur's 4 projectiles), but you can use spoiler dashes and melee/amps to take care of resonators - i never use them on actual sentients. I prefer the alt fire mausolon to hit the weakpoints but you can use voidrigs exalted 4 to bust them.
-Max score is 36 orphixes on endurance which gives 20k score (2000 cells). Every sentient you kill gives another point, so 10 per cell.
-Certain rotation rewards can drop lavos and cedo parts, so maybe wait to buy those from dad. I don't think there's any use for dupes, but at least cedo is tradeable.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Dec 22, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Neat. Any weird interactions with other mechanics I should be aware of, like Profit-Taker's interaction with AoE weapons? I have a very good Grattler with a riven, but I won't pull it out of storage if it won't work. Have to rank the Mausolon anyway though.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You can't crit resonators, so many amps do pretty well against them. Hurting the orphix will depend a lot on your amp, but my 423 pew pews the eye just fine.

Explosions are weird, I assume much like the Scarlet Spear ground goatse. Maus altfire is great, if it hits.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Timing is fixed by orphix spawns with around 55 minutes + 30s for extract for a full run, no way to speed it up that i know of yet.
Most of the challenge seems to be sentient damage shredding your mech (becomes real mean at 30+ orphixes) so you need some sustain, and orphix kill-time (they get very tanky towards the end) to avoid doubles orphix spawns. Theyre on a fixed timer and dont wait, which boost sentient control and can lead to a quick gameover.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I prefer the alt fire mausolon to hit the weakpoints but you can use voidrigs exalted 4 to bust them.

just to add to this, with any projectile weapon you have to hit the weak spot exactly or you get 0 damage. rcw is right that mausolon charge shot is really good at this. AOE weapons can do it, Arquebex shots work great, but you have to land the hit cleanly.

the only exception to the "hit it exactly or get 0" that I've found is Bonewidow's exalted blade. You just slash at where the weakpoint is from any angle and you do damage, so just get close and mash melee key repeatedly.

resonators are one-hit or close to it with any melee including operator melee, so your amp is even less important here than most operator gameplay. just dash up and punch.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 22, 2020

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Cortege alt fire can do a tremendous amount of damage to the Orphix weak point, but you've gotta basically get the muzzle in the mouth to account for both the lateral spread and the heavy arc

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
PSA: Remember to grab the Unreal Tournament weapon skins by midnight tomorrow on the Epic Games launcher thing. I followed this Reddit guide and it didn't take too long. I think you might get a few weapon slots, too, since I think it gives you the Drakgoon, Ogris, and Stahlta for free. Free week-long affinity booster, too.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Under current events that's a total 4x affinity for a week (for those who haven't been in game for a while), which is pretty drat good. I'm still opting to pass, but it's a good deal.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

You don't have to actually kill any sentients, I just burst down the orphix and rely on storm shroud to stay alive (needs dispensary support)

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Also the first things you should buy from dad are necramech repair and necramech rage

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for the reminder (and link) on the epic games item. The skins I don't care about, but Yay free slots!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
4x affinity and get a friendly MR30 to bless you and the amount of affinity you get is outrageous. For anyone looking to cap focus, it'll take approximately no minutes in ESO to do so.

On wave 2 or 3 or something I got a catbuff right as a wave started and then the last 160k to my cap so fast I didn't even notice it happening. Time to max focus schools, I guess.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Sounds like it's time to grind some more intrinsics to cap the existing ones and prep for command

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

hazardousmouse posted:

Sounds like it's time to grind some more intrinsics to cap the existing ones and prep for command

Intrinsics cap at the maximum you can spend right now. If you want to dump a bunch into command when it releases, don’t max what you have (leaving one of the existing ones, I’d suggest gunnery, at rank 9 will leave you enough to get command to 9 immediately.)

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 22, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I believe they said there would be a respec when command drops, but who knows if de forgot or not

you can't stockpile above it anyway

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
well that's just cruel

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

well that's just cruel

Considering that the final level of any single intrinsic is as much as it takes to level any other intrinsic up to 9, you can basically just leave 1 intrinsic at 9 and if you grind to the max intrinsic amount, you'll instantly have enough to level command to 9 immediately.

Sucks for the people that have fully maxed intrinsics though, I agree. But they did already promise a full respec, so you can leave, like, Gunnery at 9 or some poo poo and have 10 Command immediately.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Orb Crabmelt posted:

PSA: Remember to grab the Unreal Tournament weapon skins by midnight tomorrow on the Epic Games launcher thing. I followed this Reddit guide and it didn't take too long. I think you might get a few weapon slots, too, since I think it gives you the Drakgoon, Ogris, and Stahlta for free. Free week-long affinity booster, too.

I'm on the standalone launcher and that guide straight-up did not work for me. It just keeps trying to download 25GB over and over again. Anyone on standalone manage it yet?

Edit: Issue resolved by no means I can readily determine :iiam:

Kestral fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 23, 2020

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

For those who made requests, please be aware that I will fill them after January 2nd. Requests will remain open until then because why not.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

For those who made requests, please be aware that I will fill them after January 2nd. Requests will remain open until then because why not.

Just wanted to thank you for your goonerosity and making my Titania the most excellent one

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Tallgeese posted:

...except maybe Protea because dear Lord that is dire.

I'd love Protea, if that part wasn't a joke. IGN: hngkong
Either way, you're the best.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Got my Voidrig last night, went directly into a successful 24-Condrix run. Hooray.
Very related: why is the Corvas so bad in atmospheric content? I figured I'd stick it on my mech and go kill corpus on Vallis to get affinity and toroids, but even with rubedo-lined and dual rounds it was taking 2-3 charged shots to kill basic Terra Corpus at 0-star alerts and only got worse from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Tallgeese posted:

Do members of the goon alliance count for this, or just the goon clans? I never joined a goon clan cause by the time I found you guys me and like 3 of my friends had already set up a personal clan and invested a ton of poo poo into it. We did join the alliance a few years ago though.