Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
no ❤️

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
2+ hour WOR with a covid discussion today, nice

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
2014 Alvarez explains an issue with AEW women's division.

https://youtu.be/xmUCUUKhRho

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The death slot of the top of the second hour and 9:30? Where they just sign pretty women?

Your post doesn’t make any sense.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yuk My Ich

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Punch McLightning posted:

The death slot of the top of the second hour and 9:30? Where they just sign pretty women?

Your post doesn’t make any sense.

They literally put the women right before the main with like 2 minutes of in ring before a commercial when everyone already just wants to get to the main event. The women of AEW are set up to fail with TV placement in the same way Alvarez mentioned with the 2014 women. If the women where given a chance who knows how they'd do, give a women's match the no commercial opener once, just once, give them an actual shot. Saddle a male match with the 9:30 death spot for once.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Yukaichiban posted:

They literally put the women right before the main with like 2 minutes of in ring before a commercial when everyone already just wants to get to the main event. The women of AEW are set up to fail with TV placement in the same way Alvarez mentioned with the 2014 women. If the women where given a chance who knows how they'd do, give a women's match the no commercial opener once, just once, give them an actual shot. Saddle a male match with the 9:30 death spot for once.
they did 4 weeks ago and it drew 890k viewers

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mr. iguana has cleared up the mystery of his and Yezka's origins

https://twitter.com/MrIguana/status/1340893607352434689?s=19

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Just listened to part of the New Day Podcast and Big E's rage about how everyone is approaching the idea of twins is hilarious...and relatable.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Tough motherfucker update:

https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1341082014842146817?s=19

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

gently caress 'em up, Jim :unsmith:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave’s mom is unresponsive per his Twitter.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Just listened to part of the New Day Podcast and Big E's rage about how everyone is approaching the idea of twins is hilarious...and relatable.

I somehow completely missed the "young preacher Big E" bits and was cracking up listening to them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yay Jim but drat, Dave's mom :smith:

Right at Christmas time too.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not only a horrible time of year but Dave not being able to go visit also sucks horribly :(

(And give em hell Jim)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1341162419326861313

:(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

drat, poor Dave :smith:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Four days before Christmas. Jesus.

At least they got to see her and she could hear her grandkids tell her how they feel about her.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Sad news.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Poor Dave :(

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can genuinely say I've been in his shoes in this very year, and I'm envious he got 30 more years out of his mom.

loving terrible situation any which way you cut it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry to hear that Shinjobi, I really hope I get anything close to the length of time Dave got to have with his parents.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Y'know, Marilyn Meltzer Driver sounds awesome. I don't know what it'd be, but it'd be a hell of a call from Excalibur.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yukaichiban posted:

Y'know, Marilyn Meltzer Driver sounds awesome. I don't know what it'd be, but it'd be a hell of a call from Excalibur.

Regular one but it's done by Shida and Statlander.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Gaz-L posted:

Regular one but it's done by Shida and Statlander.

Shida and Nick Jackson, Shida can play Marilyn and Nick Jackson is the (executive vice) PRESIDENT.

Seriously though, they tributed his dad in new japan with an escalating tumbling plancha variation on the floor so here's hoping we get something equally crazy but safe as the ONE positive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/jimlamotta/status/1341170888658612224

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VALLEY
VALLEY
VALLEY

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Beautiful.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1341273055708946432?s=19

Young boy Dave

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mans out here looking like Sexy Lou Ferrigno

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dave 'bout to tear off his T-shirt and clothesline Bobby Eaton.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
e: wrong thread

KoldPT fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 23, 2020

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1341526403892850689

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
Question: How is the Tony Shivani podcast? I used to watch WCW, but never liked Tony. Brain didn't like him either. Is he cool on the Wrestling podcast with Conrad, or does he still seem uptight

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Cheese Thief posted:

Question: How is the Tony Shivani podcast? I used to watch WCW, but never liked Tony. Brain didn't like him either. Is he cool on the Wrestling podcast with Conrad, or does he still seem uptight

I haven't listened in ages because I just don't have the time for podcasts like I did when I commuted 4 hours a day but I always found it quite fun. Warning that Tony gets pretty horny at times but they'll do a watch along with an old ECW PPV for example and he just has a blast watching the insanity of it. I found it endearing having a podcast where you basically heard week by week a dude get back his appreciation of wrestling.

Certainly the best of all the Conrad podcasts.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Now it's Tony and Conrad sitting back watching wrestling and talking poo poo. It's real chill.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i want to give a prize to vinny's reaction to paul fontaine's song

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Cheese Thief posted:

My favorite of the Conrad podcasts. I remember kinda early on he didn't seem too invested because I think it was just when he started coming back to wrestling pre-AEW, but the further you got along, the more and more he warmed up to it. I haven't listened to it recently, but I imagine now he's even more laid back.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan called me a Facebook hero and I think that’s very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Bryan's responses to the 2 minute promo by Josh Nacent (?) was loving amazing. Especially the final response.