Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rinkles posted:

Same but it feels smore stable. Definitely getting less crashes.

You couldn't save? I've had the item cards get stuck a few times, but it didn't affect menu opening.

"You cannot save at this time"

Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I was annoyed. I was out in the middle of the drat desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’m so used to playing CoD games that I’m almost afraid to play the main story missions so I don’t burn through the game too quickly but I think it’s fairly long

from what i hear, it's not long by witcher standards. i have over 60 hours and i think about half way through, but most of that has been exploring the world and doing gigs.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm about 30 hours or so and the mission I just did was finding out Johnnys girl was taken and uploaded as an AI

How far am I for main story?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

well, i only peeked but i don't think i've done that mission

the story is supposed to be something like 20-30 hours

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

drat and you have 60 hours, way shorter than Witcher 3 then for sure.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

GreenNight posted:

drat and you have 60 hours, way shorter than Witcher 3 then for sure.

specifically the story is shorter (that's what QoP was talking about). i'm gonna sink a ton more time into the open world.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve spent a lot of time just doing side missions and gigs. They’re really fun. The Cyberpsycho stuff is great

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've been focusing on side missions so now all I have are 'very hard' side missions left and main story quests. I'm at the point where I'm over leveled for a lot of the main stuff so I just walked through a lot of the main story missions melting people with my eyeball with zero effort.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I don't even take out my gun anymore. Just scroll around burning people down with hax or giving one dude poison which gets spread to all the dudes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GreenNight posted:

giving one dude poison which gets spread to all the dudes.

Great, another London forums user

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Can you use that to wipe out crowds of pedestrians? Doing that on a busy street in Alexandria was always pretty funny in AC Origins.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

a busy street is like 4 people in Cyberpunk and they have like one behavior routine lol

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Maybe in a bar but I've never tried.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

Can you use that to wipe out crowds of pedestrians? Doing that on a busy street in Alexandria was always pretty funny in AC Origins.

no you can't hack civilians. they're pretty cardboard, barely have any interactivity

for some reason you can't hack cops either.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Rinkles posted:

no you can't hack civilians. they're pretty cardboard.

for some reason you can't hack cops either.
Well, this game really is one disappointment after another.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I cannot believe how much the pthumerian descendant is kicking my butt right now. I am flabbergasted.

Somehow every dodge he spins 180 and hits me and when I retaliate he is either faster at hitting me first or dodges back so quick I whiff and then hits me. I wish I could visceral more but the timing is so difficult. Yikesaroo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I cannot believe how much the pthumerian descendant is kicking my butt right now. I am flabbergasted.

Somehow every dodge he spins 180 and hits me and when I retaliate he is either faster at hitting me first or dodges back so quick I whiff and then hits me. I wish I could visceral more but the timing is so difficult. Yikesaroo.

that is a pretty tough boss. sounds like you're in the final stretch.

you said you needed beast claw and blades of mercy? BoM you get from Eileen the Crow, either by completing her questline or killing her, and beast claw is in one of the side rooms in the loran chalice, lower loran i think.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

Well I finished Mankind Divided :geno:

Human Revolution is one of my all time faves, possibly like 10 on my personal top 10 list, and I was extremely let down by MD. Oh you like awesome nuclear powered augs? Sick hell yeah you can use them basically twice and the games over lmao.

I’ve probably written 50 posts about Mankind Divided failing to live up to Human Revolution, but it’s almost entirely the fault of execs.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
My hot take with Human Revolution is that the director's cut inserting the DLC directly into the main sequence just before the ending completely fucks up the pacing and overall sucks!

Mankind Divided may not be finished and Prague wasn't as interesting to tool around as Detroit or Hong Kong but the prison DLC is pretty good and rightfully separate. Also if you play the game right the only boss is the very last one and you can stealth your way out of that one too :colbert:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I really liked HR and MD as well. I wish they had not dropped the franchise.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, not like the IP hasn't gotten dropped before and still came back eventually, so we might end up getting Deus Ex 4: Invisibler War at some point anyway.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I have somehow tried four times to play Mankind Divided and never make it out of the tutorial mission, and I loved HR

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Wolfsheim posted:

My hot take with Human Revolution is that the director's cut inserting the DLC directly into the main sequence just before the ending completely fucks up the pacing and overall sucks!
Yes, I agree. It also ruined my NG+ playthrough because it takes away all your augs for the duration of the DLC area and then apparently only gives you a preset number back at the end, so it essentially reset my NG+ progress back to the same as it would be in a regular NG playthrough. That's where I stopped that playthrough and it's also the last time I played the game. If I play it again I'll probably play the original version, boss fights be damned.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve genuinely found myself comparing Cyberpunk more to Human Revolution/Mankind Divided than any other games and I think Cyberpunk is honestly better written and designed Mankind a divided very easily and while the gap is far narrower I also think, overall, it’s a better game than Human Revolution as well.

I also feel like those games are the games that most closely resemble Cybperpunk or reflect what it’s trying to do.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gameplay in Cyberpunk is extremely similar to new Deus Ex. Cyberpunks strongest points are the things I thought Deus Ex failed at though. Like atmosphere and making the city feel like a real place. Also the scope of it and the storytelling is just way bigger and better. But Deus Ex is way less janky.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Yeah for the most part, the writing and characters and everything in cyberpunk is great but it also feels like after they did all that they handed the game off to randy pitchfork and forgot to peer review it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was showing my pc-gaming brother Cyberpunk yesterday and the first thing he said was “how did they get this running on PS4?”
To which I replied “not well”

I also think anyone (not here, just online) saying GTAV was similarly complex and ran fine has some serious rose tinted glasses on how that game looked

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

that is a pretty tough boss. sounds like you're in the final stretch.

you said you needed beast claw and blades of mercy? BoM you get from Eileen the Crow, either by completing her questline or killing her, and beast claw is in one of the side rooms in the loran chalice, lower loran i think.

I am. I have gotten him down to 10% health a couple of times so I know I can beat him. I just did the Watchdog again and the abhorrent beast so I could pick up some red jelly to even open this chalice, it is just a bit of a Capra Demon situation: tiny arena with pillars and a strangely fast boss who seems to outclass your own movements.

Also I do have the blades and the beast claw :D Got both that weapon achievement and the tool achievement a few days ago! So only the chalice achievement then the other two endings and I have platted :3:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I am. I have gotten him down to 10% health a couple of times so I know I can beat him. I just did the Watchdog again and the abhorrent beast so I could pick up some red jelly to even open this chalice, it is just a bit of a Capra Demon situation: tiny arena with pillars and a strangely fast boss who seems to outclass your own movements.

Also I do have the blades and the beast claw :D Got both that weapon achievement and the tool achievement a few days ago! So only the chalice achievement then the other two endings and I have platted :3:

Dom't hesitate to savescum the endings imo, seeing as how they are 15 second cutscenes at most.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

veni veni veni posted:

Gameplay in Cyberpunk is extremely similar to new Deus Ex. Cyberpunks strongest points are the things I thought Deus Ex failed at though. Like atmosphere and making the city feel like a real place. Also the scope of it and the storytelling is just way bigger and better. But Deus Ex is way less janky.

Yeah this is the main thing that really killed my investment in the Deus Ex games (mainly the newer ones but I am a heathen and think this applies to the older ones, to a lesser extent)

For all of Cyberpunk's faults, an attempt was made to capture the whole city and even if the open world stuff is generally a bomb, it still feels like a city and the quests sending you all over the place help accentuate this.

Human Revolution's Detroit being three branching corridors and a subway tunnel that's broken felt so lifeless. I much prefer Arkane's solutions to this issue -- severely constrain the space and make it detailed, whether the way Talos One is set up in Prey, or the goal-driven missions in Dishonored which justify the bounding box

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah even though Dishonored are fuckin’ hideous games, the chunks of Dunwall it gives you to explore do feel extremely organic and lived in. The environments of Deus Ex always felt more like a theme park or a playground set up specifically to be rifles through and explored but not to be lived in.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Beggars can't be choosers. It's not like we're spoiled for choice when it comes to this type of game.

Arkane are masters of the genre, but the new DX do things well enough to be worth a look. And it's not like they're devoid of good, original ideas. Prague is like a more open Talos, with a different toolset, and more human interaction (which is something I actually don't like in immersive sims).

Night City is still a joy to explore, but most of the intricately designed "puzzle" spaces, are combat arenas (which yes, you can ghost). Not so in Prague.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Christmas sale is up

Does the new online store really have no sorting and filtering options?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Christmas sale is up

The yakuza games aren't on sale what the heck

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Christmas sale is up

For me the web store doesn't even have prices unless I log out and then back in again every single time I want to browse

I'm still surprised just how bad it is compared to the old one

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The yakuza games aren't on sale what the heck

Some are.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1341292871253708802?s=19

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1341292694438612993?s=19

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
prague in DXMD was one of my favourite city areas in any game but after CP2077 it feels like a disney world queue area

dishonoured 1 and 2 are better than any of these games tho I should really get mark of the outsider eventually.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I need a game to veg out to for a bit. Stuck inside with Covid. Is Sleeping Dogs any good?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I want them all! I only have zero and kiwami right now, and judgment isn't on sale either! Now I'll have to play the other dozens of games in my backlog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Dark Souls 3 chat: I'm up to the Twin Princes and they are kicking my rear end. I'll get them eventually I'm sure but this is the hardest fight so far for me. At what point should I do the DLC? I haven't actually bought it yet but it's on sale right now so I think I'll pick it up.

Also I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 and it's super chill and fun, perfect for when I want a break from DS3.