Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

As an American, I have clearly had my hands full this year and so I've lost track of the UK situation until this most recent turn. Wanted to drop by and send all my sympathies.

Also you guys should probably be storming some buildings soon, just a thought. You can start small if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

HopperUK posted:

Just read the BBC report on the case of those Vietnamese folk who died in that trailer last year. The article ends with list of their names and ages and where they were from and it's really punched me in the gut. gently caress.

Yes it's horrendous. I watched it on sky news earlier.

bru
May 7, 2006

pampering lifes complexity

HopperUK posted:

Just read the BBC report on the case of those Vietnamese folk who died in that trailer last year. The article ends with list of their names and ages and where they were from and it's really punched me in the gut. gently caress.

Yes.

Radio 4 quoted the traffickers service, it was sold to the victims as "VIP".

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

mdemone posted:

Also you guys should probably be storming some buildings soon, just a thought. You can start small if you want.

Gonna storm the local post office and liberate the Freddos

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

mdemone posted:

As an American, I have clearly had my hands full this year and so I've lost track of the UK situation until this most recent turn. Wanted to drop by and send all my sympathies.

We're probably just going to do what you did and wait for a more polite technocrat to take over

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

This is cool.

https://twitter.com/bojack90s/status/1341089831506616327?s=20

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55368922

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 21, 2020

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
Britain will never do anything ever, how dare you suggest such a ludicrous idea.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Convex posted:

This is probably not the right thread for it but if anyone has a PC made in the last 6-7 years, Alien Isolation is free on the Epic store right now and is very good. Just in case anyone is looking for something to keep them busy in these bleak times :)

Too scary for me, i'll stick to playing Atomic Society (post apocalyptic town builder) just to get in the mood for 2021. :)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
A bit late for the eggnog talk but I've just made a load using the BBC Good Foods recipe - I had planned to give some to the neigbours as a little Christmas gift but am a bit worried about the risk of salmonella as it uses raw eggs. Does adding the alcohol and chilling for 2 hours reduce the risk of this at all? Or am I just thinking of the egg panic from the 1980s when I was little and getting confused

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I think there was a salmonella warning for eggs from one specific flock last year but other than that the FSA says eggs from the UK are fine to eat raw.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Convex posted:

A bit late for the eggnog talk but I've just made a load using the BBC Good Foods recipe - I had planned to give some to the neigbours as a little Christmas gift but am a bit worried about the risk of salmonella as it uses raw eggs. Does adding the alcohol and chilling for 2 hours reduce the risk of this at all? Or am I just thinking of the egg panic from the 1980s when I was little and getting confused

Just tell them to imagine John Major balls deep in Edwina Currie.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Dead Goon posted:

Just tell them to imagine John Major balls deep in Edwina Currie.

We've recently learned it's actually Edwina Currie balls deep in John Major, actually.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Convex posted:

The vast majority of british eggs are laid by hens vaccinated against salmonella, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The whole COVID thing is more likely to be more of a problem than salmonella.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Oh cool thanks, I just found the British Lion Mark thing on the packaging so that settles it!

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Oh man an old friend just called saying she's going be homeless over Christmas and can she stay in my shared house (we're currently strictly isolating in central London).

Eeeeesh. I think I'm just going to try and put her in a hotel.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Miftan posted:

We've recently learned it's actually Edwina Currie balls deep in John Major, actually.

Oh poo poo yes! I remember that revelation!!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Miftan posted:

I'll believe it when I see it reenacted by their Spitting Image puppets

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Sorry when did we learn that Edwina Currie has balls, I must have missed that part :confused:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Convex posted:

Sorry when did we learn that Edwina Currie has balls, I must have missed that part :confused:

"Pegging", search at your own risk.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Convex posted:

If properly aged the alcohol kills off anything if you've used enough. A study was done where they deliberately infected eggs with salmonella and found after a few weeks in the fridge the alcohol had killed it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Necrothatcher posted:

Oh man an old friend just called saying she's going be homeless over Christmas and can she stay in my shared house (we're currently strictly isolating in central London).

Eeeeesh. I think I'm just going to try and put her in a hotel.

What a poo poo situation. That definitely sounds like the best option all things considered.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1341095828983844864
mmonkeys paw poo poo

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

kecske posted:

I think there was a salmonella warning for eggs from one specific flock last year but other than that the FSA says eggs from the UK are fine to eat raw.
For now. Until the Tories sign a trade agreement with the Yanks that lets them ship their eggs over and outlaws anything that informs the consumer what they're buying...

Jose posted:

If properly aged the alcohol kills off anything if you've used enough. A study was done where they deliberately infected eggs with salmonella and found after a few weeks in the fridge the alcohol had killed it
Except for mould spores. They can be close to indestructible.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pablo Bluth posted:

For now. Until the Tories sign a trade agreement with the Yanks that lets them ship their eggs over and outlaws anything that informs the consumer what they're buying...

Except for mould spores. They can be close to indestructible.

Autoclave your egg nog.

Now you might say that's stupid, and it is. But there was a weird visiting american student in my PhD lab who autoclaved a turkey for himself while the lab was empty over Xmas

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Autoclave your egg nog.

Now you might say that's stupid, and it is. But there was a weird visiting american student in my PhD lab who autoclaved a turkey for himself while the lab was empty over Xmas

Americans are obsessed with those walking birds

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

sinky posted:

Uh was this the NDC? :ohdear:

Nah, one of the Yorkshire ones. I hope you and yours manage to stay healthy regardless.

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/Louis_Allday/status/1340668772160598016?s=19

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Just learnt from the telly that only fools and horses was played to cover over the BBC technician strike, which makes del boy a scab

Always thought only fools was a bit poo poo so good to know my instincts were praxis

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Just wait until he turns out wrong here too. Somehow the infection numbers have the exact same height, all delivered vaccines were accidentally just salt water and for some bureaucratic reason, the Brexit gets delayed another 4 months.
He should finally come out and say that Covid will still be here tomorrow!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Vagabong posted:

Nah, one of the Yorkshire ones. I hope you and yours manage to stay healthy regardless.

Thanks, hope you don't have much trouble with it.

Didn't see someone at the ndc for a month, when they got back "oh yeah, had covid :shrug:."
Noone was told about it :shepface:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cant cook creole bream posted:

Just wait until he turns out wrong here too. Somehow the infection numbers have the exact same height, all delivered vaccines were accidentally just salt water and for some bureaucratic reason, the Brexit gets delayed another 4 months.
He should finally come out and say that Covid will still be here tomorrow!

Remember when they undercounted the Covid numbers because they couldn't into Excel. That was a fun day

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The DPRK posted:

Gonna stock up tonight, what are we expecting shortages of?
The pound :v:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

god drat

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The DPRK posted:

Gonna stock up tonight, what are we expecting shortages of?

Antisemitism in the labor party

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1341128311687286787?s=20

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Well that might effect the Christmas Card my daughter sent to me. And the card I sent to her.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Sakoku's back baby awooo (wolf howl)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

the is (one of the) the loving problem(s) with journalism in this country, right here

he gets asked a question and clearly doesn't answer it, but instead of the journo saying "er actually you didn't answer the question, what the gently caress" they just meekly sit down and shut up

and later it gets posted to twitter where all the libs can crow about how Boris really got dunked on this time and will surely be facing consequences, just any day now

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Currently sitting waiting for the asda crowd meter on Google to go below 2x peak. Need to go get meds to fix my stomach from the pharmacy. Its now pissing with rain so hopefully the entire middle class of Sheffield stops panic buying pigs in blankets soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It was pretty quiet this evening in all the places I went.