Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

mcbexx posted:

Judging from the foam cutouts in the walls of my stash room, I am still missing like 9 iconic or legendary weapons.
Can anyone fill the gaps for me?

Left panel
Malorian

Middle panel
Top row
Overwatch + Mox
Satori + Jinchu Maru
Bottom row
?
?
?
Archangel
?

Right panel
Top row
?
?
?
Middle row
?
Sovereign (just Legendary?)

Bottom row
Yinglong
Breakthrough
Comrade's Hammer

Middle panel, bottom row
Far left: Crash revolver
Far right: Plan B pistol

Right panel, top row
Far left: Moron Labe ajax ar
Far right: The Headsman shotgun

Right panel, bottom row

e: added a few more

Lima fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
All these people talking about crafting a million things and looking for high rolls, while that save file corrupt bug is still in the game is making me nervous. Getting flashbacks to losing a giant save file on my old 360 Copy of Oblivion when I was young because it got too bloated.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

spouse posted:

So, hang on a sec. (Psycho Killer questline spoilers): I get loving nothing? I completed it, "here's your reward" and I got... some xp? I maimed 17 of those stupid assholes, and I get... nothing? What a ridiculous oversight.

You get the experience of 17 boss fights with cool bullet sponge bad guys

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Rinkles posted:

these guys played new vegas

I unironically hope these 2077 threads last 10+ years into the future just like NV's thread.

Comte is our rope kid :banjo:

Lima posted:

Middle panel, bottom row
Far left: Crash revolver
Far right: Plan B pistol

Right panel, top row
Far left: Moron Labe ajax ar

Does anyone have a link to a non-spoiler filled guide to finding the iconic/legendaries? I literally only care about the pistols.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Orange Crush Rush posted:

All these people talking about crafting a million things and looking for high rolls, while that save file corrupt bug is still in the game is making me nervous. Getting flashbacks to losing a giant save file on my old 360 Copy of Oblivion when I was young because it got too bloated.

It took less than 10 rolls for any given weapon, so not that bad :)

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

spouse posted:

So, hang on a sec. (Psycho Killer questline spoilers): I get loving nothing? I completed it, "here's your reward" and I got... some xp? I maimed 17 of those stupid assholes, and I get... nothing? What a ridiculous oversight.

Just be satisfied that you can steal her gun Skippy. Actually, wait that should've been the award.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

fennesz posted:

It is about halfway I think. That's just the last quest that poster did is on.

Oh ok, phew. That was briefly a real bummer.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Daaaww

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I gave the illicit BrainDance vendor a good smack with Cotton Mouth and it looked like he was searchable for a brief second? I wish I hadn't reloaded since he looked loaded for bear with crafting materials that I can't get to reappear. The second time I tried his body glitched onto the next surface up, and the third caused his hair to briefly become six feet tall.

:lol: this game.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
That arm's not looking so good

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Can you get back across the border south of NC? I was able to system reboot a bunch of guards but eventually got tired and the turrets shot me when I ran through.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

HoboTech posted:

Hey speaking of robo arms, is there any advantage to using Mantis Blades over an upgraded blade weapon? Other than the cool factor, of course, I just don't know how the damage scales.
They seem about on par with knives, for me, but are way gnarlier - which is to say that their attack rate, especially upgraded, is kind of insane. It's worth it if not just for the kind of cyborg power fantasy that everybody wanted when they revealed Adam Jensen's wrist blades. Pair with double jump and cold blood and it's as close as we'll come to a Wolverine sim, anyway.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
New favourite moment is making takemura wait while i slowly eat all four pieces of yakitori in front of him

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is there even an epic version of that mod? I thought Epic and Legendary Mods were for some of the more niche stuff like Movespeed, and Crit Chance/Damage

you can def. get them from vendors... i see them pop up now and then for $4.2k as i'm refreshing vendors in clothing stores to hunt for better look poo poo to wear (which is another grind).

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Basic Chunnel posted:

They seem about on par with knives, for me, but are way gnarlier - which is to say that their attack rate, especially upgraded, is kind of insane. It's worth it if not just for the kind of cyborg power fantasy that everybody wanted when they revealed Adam Jensen's wrist blades. Pair with double jump and cold blood and it's as close as we'll come to a Wolverine sim, anyway.

Alright, you've sold me. I know what I'll be picking up tonight. Pretty sure I've got the credits already, too.

Just gotta find the right Doc for the job...

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I have completed literally every piece of side content in the game. Stepping into the point of no return now, wish me luck gang.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

spouse posted:

There is a reward. When I completed that the car they showed for the game was for sell.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Rinkles posted:

did you find the blueprints at a clothing store?

Looks like the level of mods you can make is tied to player level - epic needs level 30 minimum I think.

I found it at a crime mission in Watson.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I didn't intend doing all the gigs, but I did a few yesterday, today I did a few more to feed Clippy, and I just noticed I only have 9 or 10 remaining. I guess I can should go for 100% now.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Eau de MacGowan posted:

New favourite moment is making takemura wait while i slowly eat all four pieces of yakitori in front of him
I was hoping V would be like "Hey you gonna finish that" and eat his too.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Tenzarin posted:

Have you seen the endings? Because the story of this game is just loving something awful.

The endings match the story, which also matches the source material. Cyberpunk does not do happy endings - it does soul crushing grinding under a corporate system that maybe, if you try really loving hard, you can choose between a pyhrric victory or a couple more days of living.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Do you unlock poses for photo mode throughout the game? My second playthrough (9hrs) has far fewer poses to choose from than my first playthrough (59hrs) and I didn't even touch photo mode until late into my first play. I really want my douchey corpo Male V to post like one of your French girls.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

TheMopeSquad posted:

I was hoping V would be like "Hey you gonna finish that" and eat his too.

Sawdust and plastic :hai:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Minor Judy spoilers - was there something to grab in the underwater church? I thought I saw a briefcase or something poking out from under a pew or something, but I passed out just as I was about to have a closer look. And I can't figure out how to go back and check cos it gets too dark underwater, and these supposedly-preem Kiroshis don't have night vision :rolleyes:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Minor Judy spoilers - was there something to grab in the underwater church? I thought I saw a briefcase or something poking out from under a pew or something, but I passed out just as I was about to have a closer look. And I can't figure out how to go back and check cos it gets too dark underwater, and these supposedly-preem Kiroshis don't have night vision :rolleyes:

If memory serves it was just a random typical container o' money, nothing worth sweating.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Elendil004 posted:

Can you get back across the border south of NC? I was able to system reboot a bunch of guards but eventually got tired and the turrets shot me when I ran through.
I tried to beeline it with a bike past the side of the barriers, but at the exit there's an invisible barrier that stops the bike and throws me off it. Before I can get up, I'm being shot to death.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DelphiAegis posted:

It means you have the blueprint to craft the item in question.

Ah.. thank you very much.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

My new album cover:

we're a nirvana cover band

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

I gave the illicit BrainDance vendor a good smack with Cotton Mouth and it looked like he was searchable for a brief second? I wish I hadn't reloaded since he looked loaded for bear with crafting materials that I can't get to reappear. The second time I tried his body glitched onto the next surface up, and the third caused his hair to briefly become six feet tall.

:lol: this game.

I loved that quest. Oh gently caress I got hacked, kidnapped, and stripped to be carved up for parts? Oh no! I’m unarmed.... with all my quickhacks available. I suicide every single fucker in that building

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LifeSunDeath posted:

My new album cover:

we're a nirvana cover band

:lol: holy poo poo did you make him suicide for a loving photo op????

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hosed up if true op

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I did that too. His follow up texts about food are hilarious

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

you know I did, and used muzzle flash for lighting cause it was super dark there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Read through the thread after finishing the game. 80 hours and there's still a poo poo ton I missed.

My thoughts:
-Motherfuckin' GORILLA ARMS 4 LYFE BITCHES!!
-this looked beautiful on PC on a machine that could do high/ultra for everything.
-let me romance Takemura you cowards! We could visit all the restaurants together and bond over cricket pepperoni pizza.
-let me romance Rhyno you cowards! We can bond over our shared love of punching people to death!
-When I started act 2 I thought Jonny Silverhand was an rear end in a top hat. Throughout the game I learned he was the king of the assholes and I retroactively like punk music less for it being associated with his rear end.
-I liked most of the fixers. I liked how Dino would call and be like "Hey V. Down for some murder? Deets to follow!"
-The driving is bad and I wish I could filter out the cars for sale on the map (or mod them to have a different icon than the side gigs.)
-Delamain was cool.
-Panam was awesome and I don't even mind that she wasn't interested in female V. She and the Nomads are great.
-Judy and River weren't bad. They had some great quests.
-it's bullshit how many side quests don't really have a satisfying conclusion.
-this game could use some item specialization for the clothing vendors so that you can easily shop for gear you'd actually want to wear.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Skippy question. Should I be using it? I picked it up because it had a quest marker but I just kinda ignored it because I never use smart weapons

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Skippy question. Should I be using it? I picked it up because it had a quest marker but I just kinda ignored it because I never use smart weapons

Its scales with your level, so its one of the best pistols in the game. you need a smart link implant to make use of it though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can I get the secret ending if I'm at 60%? I was nice to Johnny at the landfill.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Doesn't matter. Pick the one you think sounds funny.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Do you unlock poses for photo mode throughout the game? My second playthrough (9hrs) has far fewer poses to choose from than my first playthrough (59hrs) and I didn't even touch photo mode until late into my first play. I really want my douchey corpo Male V to post like one of your French girls.

It removes options based on where you are, ie in midair or near a corner ledge or in a tight area

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh yes. It can be said it's too good, so you should drop it after 50 kills .