Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Bring a thick stack of healing and buffing meals and some stacks of stairs, then dive deep in the skull caverns.

Edit: explosives too! Lots of explosives. Suckers use pickaxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

i just buy them from my "roommate"

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh nice, the beach farm water is the ocean set of fish.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Shouldn't the ground be salty/not suitable for crops? Immersion ruined!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'm filling my watering can from the ocean. Now that really does ruin my immersion. There are food plants (asparagus being one) that tolerate salt, but most of them don't. People use this feature of asparagus: they salt asparagus beds so weeds won't grow. Of course, you can never grow anything else in that bed ever again.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TurnipFritter posted:

I did first year guarantee and have the same bundle, but it only wants two of the four.

Other remixed Bundles of note: The Boiler Room now requires Iridium Ore.. I can't wait to see what fresh horrors are waiting on the Bulletin Board.

I got a "Sticky Bundle" replacing the Construction Bundle in the Crafts Room

it requires 500 sap, which is a touch onerous but hardly unreachable

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm filling my watering can from the ocean. Now that really does ruin my immersion. There are food plants (asparagus being one) that tolerate salt, but most of them don't. People use this feature of asparagus: they salt asparagus beds so weeds won't grow. Of course, you can never grow anything else in that bed ever again.

Yeah, in fact putting large amounts of salt on your soil is so bad for it it can make it so nothing can grow there, which would inevitably happen if you spent years using watering the crops with ocean water.

Boy, I hope Concerned Ape fires himself for that blunder.

Does anyone have more info on Leo yet? Google searching is giving me nothing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rick_Hunter posted:

I always went for the iridium watering can so that on the first day of spring I could hoe, plant, and water all my fields in 1 day instead of 2.

That’s why Yoba gave us Winter Seeds.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Heck yeah, got two weeks of vacation coming up, time to finish Disco Elysium and make myself a new farm!

Edit: or possibly even go back to one of my nearly finished ones, to see how the "perfection meter" works and what I can unlock by maxing it. Always psyched to see new endgame stuff!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, in fact putting large amounts of salt on your soil is so bad for it it can make it so nothing can grow there, which would inevitably happen if you spent years using watering the crops with ocean water.

Boy, I hope Concerned Ape fires himself for that blunder.

Does anyone have more info on Leo yet? Google searching is giving me nothing.

The watering can clearly has internal filters to purify the water, which is why upgrading it is so goddamned expensive. There we go, immersion renewed!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Can someone carry saltwater from the beach to a normal farm and ruin a plant in multiplayer

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

In theory the randomized mine rewards is a cool addition, but in practice it's gotten me a copy of the lovely wooden sword you start with, a wooden bat that I already had three of, literally nothing, and the slingshot.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Why do the slingshots exist

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The new volcano dungeon is so RAD

Now I want to play my Switch file a bit just to "prepare" to do stuff, cause like... I want to dive into the new stuff asap

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Hands up everyone who restarted the day because they didn't bring the watering can to the island

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Beach farm is cool and is my friend.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

rotinaj posted:

Can someone carry saltwater from the beach to a normal farm and ruin a plant in multiplayer

brb literally salting the earth in other goons' farms

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Did anyone call for a saltshaker round? :black101:

Of course if you're playing with goons the easiest way would probably be to just let them salt the earth with their own tears by playing sub-optimally. Hey, this iridium bar would make a great gift to Clint brb.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Do I play now or wait for Starblue Valley to be updated? :negative:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Oh man, if you click 10 times on the E in Stardew on the title screen, something happens!

edit; removed miniscule spoiler

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Misjudged when the update would be out and am in the middle of a heavily modded playthrough. Oh well, I'll just keep playing 1.4.5 for a bit while hotfixes and mod updates shake out.

Beach farm looks so cute tho...

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Having not 'finished' a game of Stardew before (or even fully completed the community centre) I'm oddly tempted to play on remixed and no 1 year guarantee, so I can play slow and sloppy and feel less bad about it. :D

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

SpudCat posted:

Misjudged when the update would be out and am in the middle of a heavily modded playthrough. Oh well, I'll just keep playing 1.4.5 for a bit while hotfixes and mod updates shake out.

Beach farm looks so cute tho...
Update is live on steam at least. There's no fanfare or announcement for it but it's there. Just did a fresh instal and it's 1.5

Also holy poo poo that is quite the update my free time over the holidays will get sucked into it :v:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

GotLag posted:

Do I play now or wait for Starblue Valley to be updated? :negative:

Did you check to see if it was updated? CA sent 1.5 out early to several big name modders so they could have mods patched and ready for day 1 and I see that one mentioned a lot.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Wow, that was quick. A mod to add sprinklers to the beach farm is out already.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

LLSix posted:

Wow, that was quick. A mod to add sprinklers to the beach farm is out already.

"You cheated not only the game, but yourself. You didn't grow. You didn't improve. You took a shortcut and gained nothing. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and nothing was gained. It's sad that you don't know the difference."

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
For those that like listening to soft piano music during the holidays, a 21-track piano mix I found on youtube that does a concerned ape's tracks in a new light.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEoaHiVNNS4&t=1657s

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So the music crystal puzzle on the island, what does it get you? I'm bad at playing simon

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

I know a lot of people weren't big on the idea of no sprinklers on the beach farm but it looks like you may be able to cheese that with the new guaranteed water retaining soil.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TaurusTorus posted:

So the music crystal puzzle on the island, what does it get you? I'm bad at playing simon

more of the nuts or whatever to feed the parrots. It took me way longer than I thought it would because every step is randomized.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Bring a thick stack of healing and buffing meals and some stacks of stairs, then dive deep in the skull caverns.

Edit: explosives too! Lots of explosives. Suckers use pickaxes.

would like to add that if you're going the explosives route, check the fortune teller and only go out on a day when your luck is closed to maxed out, which vastly reduces the time/resources it takes to get to the next floor. the goal is to save up and mix/max one big trip that gets you as deep as possible.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Poil posted:

Did anyone call for a saltshaker round? :black101:

Of course if you're playing with goons the easiest way would probably be to just let them salt the earth with their own tears by playing sub-optimally. Hey, this iridium bar would make a great gift to Clint brb.

I read this right before bed and I was too scared to sleep.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yea that poo poo is assault & u will be hearing from my lawyer

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
holy poo poo I lost my mind when I realized you could have a second farm on the island. AAAAAAHHHH

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Some Random Bundle thoughts:
Instead of Quality Crops I got Rare Crops or whatever where you need either a Sweet Gem Berry or an Ancient Fruit, and that feels like a pretty fair trade? Instead of Artisanal Goods I got the Brewer's Bundle, which wants four keg products (except for Coffee), and on the surface that strikes me as really simple, but then I realized I needed to be at farming level 8 to get kegs, so that's going to be a challenge. In the Boiler room I got Treasure Hunter's Bundle instead of Blacksmith, which requires 5 gemstones, and Engineer's Bundle instead of Geologist's Bundle, which wants Iridium Ore, Batteries, and Refined Quartz. Overall, aside from the "lol catch two of blobfish/lava eel/octopus/scorpion carp" bundle, I'm really feeling the new ones?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
Does anyone know if 2 locations playing split screen can online multiplayer with eachother?

Waiting for console release and really wanna know the answer to that.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
In the pantry I got a fish farmer's bundle, with roe and aged roe and squid ink. I hadn't played much since the update where fish ponds were added, so I've never built one before. This is cool.

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor

ultrachrist posted:

Does anyone know if 2 locations playing split screen can online multiplayer with eachother?

Waiting for console release and really wanna know the answer to that.

it's not supported, no. it's mostly to do with how we ended up adding split screen to to the update in the first place, which is amazing we ever got it to work in the first place given the game is written in a way that it should have been prohibitively difficult had it not been for sheer force of will.

you can, on PC currently, host with split screen partner(s), and then have other people (individually) connect to you, but i'm not 100% sure this is something that's going to be available on console (nor do i really know if it's gonna remain in the PC version either, just because it hasn't been super well tested). when online clients are present, it also disables a lot of hacks that are in place to make split MP appear/play smoother than online MP, so it's something to keep in mind too.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Anyone know what the frog guy wants me to grow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

In general, how is Stardew Valley Expanded?