Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Garth Marenghis dark place is the poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Had enough trying to grind standard XP to try out stuff, so I found a good cheat table...well being able to run faster than even the bunnyhop glitch, is really useful. Also having infinite stat points is useful for trying stuff out.

I'm at 90h now so don't tell me I'm ruining the game for myself or something.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Garth Marenghis dark place is the poo poo.

Indeed it was.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Linx posted:

not even the voodoo boys stand up to being shredded by hacks and they’re supposed to be the best netrunners around or whatever.

they are at least more resistant to hacks (require more ram)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Vince MechMahon posted:

You're a poor merc doing odd jobs for a living, you should never be rich. The decisions you have to make on what to spend that money on should be decisions, not just "I own every high end body mod."

Except I do own every high end body mod because cars are worthless and I wish people would stop trying to sell them to me. The disconnect doesn’t just mean you don’t have enough money, it means there’s a space of about an hour somewhere in the early middle where the money tension works, then it disappears when you start thinking of what not to buy and realize the only things you really want are the body mods and a better cyber deck. The free bike is the exact same experience as any other bike you buy (poo poo) so why would you spend more money on things that don’t improve that?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bust Rodd posted:

GTA 4 and 5 are legitimately bad, bloated, unfocused games and I don’t think they are of any higher quality than the last 3 or so Assassin’s Creed games. Rockstar used to be top of the heap but the Vice City/San Andreas generations will probably never be topped because they’ve basically removed everything good about the series from the more recent titles. Cyberpunk fuckin dunks on GTAV from multiple stories up, except I’ll concede the cars are fun to drive in GTA. I don’t care about emergent sandbox gameplay whatsoever and think running around with a rocket launcher blowing up civilians for the Lols is stupid, but if that’s your thing I understand why you’d be upset at Cyberpunk.

also cyberpunk isnt a gta type game. it just has a similar crime direction but its way better written than gta v and poo poo. the whole comparing gta v to loving cyberpunk 2077 is like comparing gta to disco elysium. different types of games but they have "sorta" similar themes at times.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

someone gotta set up Steam Remote Play for him so he can get the best graphics and kick back.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Except I do own every high end body mod because cars are worthless and I wish people would stop trying to sell them to me. The disconnect doesn’t just mean you don’t have enough money, it means there’s a space of about an hour somewhere in the early middle where the money tension works, then it disappears when you start thinking of what not to buy and realize the only things you really want are the body mods and a better cyber deck. The free bike is the exact same experience as any other bike you buy (poo poo) so why would you spend more money on things that don’t improve that?

style

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I was with you until you said bikes are poo poo. I'm really enjoying cruising around on my Akira bike (in third person obviously) to the point that I'm barely fast travelling.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also cyberpunk isnt a gta type game. it just has a similar crime direction but its way better written than gta v and poo poo. the whole comparing gta v to loving cyberpunk 2077 is like comparing gta to disco elysium. different types of games but they have "sorta" similar themes at times.

Cyberpunk's goal is to be a better GTA game, that's what the devs were going for. That's why you can steal cars from people, and kill random people, and why the police react to that. They wanted to set the standard for open world games, not just RPG's.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Admiral Ray posted:

Cyberpunk's goal is to be a better GTA game, that's what the devs were going for. That's why you can steal cars from people, and kill random people, and why the police react to that. They wanted to set the standard for open world games, not just RPG's.

maybe. but playing it i don't get a "GTA open world" vibe from it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Admiral Ray posted:

None of this follows at all lmao

Dapper_Swindler posted:

That's because it's an open world like Witcher 3 was pretty much, which wasn't anything like GTA with horses instead of cars.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

sean10mm posted:

Nothing, but also nothing obligates cp2077 to be that kind of game?

I mean I liked Just Cause 2 just fine but not every game that lets you go outside has to be that kind of thing.
Why not? Like it'd be an obligation to partake in any offered emergent gameplay options.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

stev posted:

I was with you until you said bikes are poo poo. I'm really enjoying cruising around on my Akira bike (in third person obviously) to the point that I'm barely fast travelling.
Does the Akira bike handle better than an Arch? I'm also enjoying riding around, but I haven't gotten around to buying the Akira yet.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

stev posted:

Same but using that secret bike. Not as fast as the Akira bike, top speed or acceleration, but handles much better. It's fun to ride around this cool city. Some of the nicer cars have started to pop up, but I'd rather have the cyberware at this point for the interesting builds.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Dec 22, 2020

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm enjoying the game on my PC but I agree the world just does not have the feel of being lived in like GTA.

I can't really explain it because I actually think NC is awesome to look at maybe its the AI that breaks immersion for me.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Combat Pretzel posted:

Why not? Like it'd be an obligation to partake in any offered emergent gameplay options.

Brace for impact: resources are finite for making a game

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ersatz posted:

Does the Akira bike handle better than an Arch? I'm also enjoying riding around, but I haven't gotten around to buying the Akira yet.

I feel like it does but that might just be a placebo effect.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Ersatz posted:

Does the Akira bike handle better than the Arch? I'm also enjoying riding around, but I haven't gotten around to buying the Akira yet.

Bikes handle better and can drive between cars in traffic.

The one quirk is that front turn radius is large, much larger than backing up turn radius, so if you need to u-turn you're better off doing it in reverse most times. Apparently the front wheel turns more if you're going back even if you're at a standstill. :iiam:

E: haven't tried the Arch or any but a few of the early clunkers, that was a broad statement.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Dec 22, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

w00tmonger posted:

so If I just start swinging around my sword and running that should do it? still haven't hit level 2 and Im at the panam missions already

Athletics XP gain is stupidly, stupidly slow, but there's a way around it: Berserk Implants

Get the cheapest Berserk implant you can for your build. I think the cheapest requires 8 body, the most expensive 18. If you activate Berserk, the XP you get for athletics activities is multiplied by orders of magnitude. You can go from level 2 athletics to 16 athletics in a (really boring) hour or two of turning on Berserk and doing dodges and punches.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I completely forgot until right now, when I got given the (Ending spoiler) jacket on the Panam path it unequipped all of my other clothes and made my dick disappear. So my V was just standing in the bed of this pickup truck in front of a crowd of people completely nude other than that weirdly cut jacket, but with no genitalia at all so maybe it’s ok?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Night City feels more like real place than Novigrad, IMO, and San Andreas 2013 literally looks like it is made of plastic and vaseline. I don’t understand how anyone thinks that place feels more organic than NC when it’s absolutely sterile in comparison

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Night City feels more like real place than Novigrad, IMO, and San Andreas 2013 literally looks like it is made of plastic and vaseline. I don’t understand how anyone thinks that place feels more organic than NC when it’s absolutely sterile in comparison

Theres no street parking in NC which is a huge problem imo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You know what I'm most glad about with Cyberpunk? The friends I've made along the way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

Athletics XP gain is stupidly, stupidly slow, but there's a way around it: Berserk Implants

Get the cheapest Berserk implant you can for your build. I think the cheapest requires 8 body, the most expensive 18. If you activate Berserk, the XP you get for athletics activities is multiplied by orders of magnitude. You can go from level 2 athletics to 16 athletics in a (really boring) hour or two of turning on Berserk and doing dodges and punches.

just break it like everything else

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Ersatz posted:

It absolutely does. The ARCH is really twitchy. The Apollo is the best handling bike, though. ARCHes are pretty, but a pain in the dick to ride. CDPR did a really good job differentiating the bikes and how they handle.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wafflemoose posted:

Bashing skulls in with a baseball bat is so satisfying. *BONK* *BONK* *BONK* *SPLORCH*

This is from pages back, but Dr. Finger's whackin' cane Cottonmouth is the best. Chance for poison and electric shock. You can even upgrade it to epic.

I've seen shots of people with a shovel, but I haven't found that one yet. Since I finished the game I'm going to take a break for a bit, but I'll be looking for it next go around.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Proteus Jones posted:

This is from pages back, but Dr. Finger's whackin' cane Cottonmouth is the best. Chance for poison and electric shock. You can even upgrade it to epic.

I've seen shots of people with a shovel, but I haven't found that one yet. Since I finished the game I'm going to take a break for a bit, but I'll be looking for it next go around.

The Cottonmouth is fantastic, easy to get, easy to upgrade.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

cams posted:

why do people keep bringing up gta, this is deus ex from the guys who made the witcher
It's more Mafia from guys that made the Witcher. All good level design involves careful prop placement, but careful prop placement is in itself not good level design

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

how NPCs react to you and the world around them is some seriously basic stuff here

there's a lot to like about this game but there's a shitload to critique that ain't just being nitpicky or jumping on some bandwagon

I guess I'm not getting the full experience since I'm playing on console, but the world just feels dead compared to other open world games I've played. it might be because of the npc/car density on consoles or how they had to cut AI to be the most basic poo poo because of base ps4/xbs or they ran outta time, whatever.

it just plain sucks and that's a shame since there's so much here that absolutely shines

and usually I don't care if animations fire incorrectly or you get tposed peeps or whatever, but the neck breaking kill for gorilla arms is so loving terrible and shoddy I can't believe they left that poo poo in the game. like why even have it there. just remove it lol

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 22, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheAgent posted:

how NPCs react to you and the world around them is some seriously basic stuff here

there's a lot to like about this game but there's a shitload to critique that ain't just being nitpicky or jumping on some bandwagon

I guess I'm not getting the full experience since I'm playing on console, but the world just feels dead compared to other open world games I've played. it might be because of the npc/car density on consoles or how they had to cut AI to be the most basic poo poo because of base ps4/xbs or they ran outta time, whatever.

it just plain sucks and that's a shame since there's so much here that absolutely shines

Having more density on PC just makes the issues more glaring.

Just did the street kid life path start and man all 3 are absolutely half-assed, aren't they? What a loving miss. Also the tutorial mission introducing poo poo like Trauma Team and MaxTac then doing absolutely nothing with either in the game is also dumb.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

sean10mm posted:

Hot take: Almost everything about GTA V was worse than CP2077 except "drive around and gently caress with cops" mechanics which... fair enough I guess, but that's also clearly not the focus of this game either.

I'd like better driving and (any) cop AI behavior, sure, but compared to everything else GTA V eats poo poo at it's a fair trade.

Worse combat, worse writing, worse mission design, GTA V is full of unfun bullshit and the story and characters can all eat a buffet of dicks IMO.

the daughter is legit hearthbreaking and rockstar should have catch poo poo in the way how they portrayed her. The rest of the cast are loving assholes. All of them.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I like that they have the face slot items that look like scouters/visors and the flavor text explains that these items are scanners, that they perform the same scannign function as kiroshi cybernetic eyes. That is to say that V had their eyeballs ripped out to solve a problem that could be solved by an auxiliary gadget lol

(seriously though, who wants hackable eyes??)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Admiral Ray posted:

someone gotta set up Steam Remote Play for him so he can get the best graphics and kick back.

His twitter account is p great :shobon:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

TheAgent posted:

The real meat and potatoes of this game is pretty cool side missions, ok main missions, and Farcry style outposts. the rest is stuff to connect these things in a way that makes you feel like there's more, and sometimes there is really good stuff hidden in weird places, so exploring pays off. The super high end graphics add little to the game, but it's kind of nice that it can look really good at times.

I actually had a ton of fun cheesing the crafting and stuff, and that's how I generally play RPG's by getting tedious and grindy in ways that feels like breaking the game.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yea, not nearly enough stunt jumps :argh:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As much as I hate GTA, I concede that places like the pier, the landfill, the airport, and the Solar Farm should all have pretty obvious stunt jumps.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

San Andreas in GTAV is as vapid and soulless as the actual city it's based on.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

The real meat and potatoes of this game is pretty cool side missions, ok main missions, and Farcry style outposts. the rest is stuff to connect these things in a way that makes you feel like there's more[...]
I guess for me, the rest of the stuff that connects those things is so blatantly bad or rushed or unfinished that it actually makes me think less of the game world overall

it detracts from an overall great experience by being the worst aspect of the game. driving is terrible, interacting with the world outside of quests is terrible. like, I get its "filler" to get to the good stuff the game does well, but then why have it in at all? why saddle yourself with so much loving work for such a lame fuckin payoff? I don't feel like a single thing would have been lost if they ditched the entire open world aspect and made it a much more linear experience with maybe a semi decently sized hub or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

any way you slice it, the way pedestrians and drivers have been implemented in Cyberpunk 2077 is unacceptable in an open world game, which Cyberpunk absolutely has been marketed as. the police teleport on you because there is no system by which they can path their way to you