Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Maybe Seth is marrying a wealthy widow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
hes moving in with his neighbor so he can drive the 2006 corolla every day

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Binowru posted:

Jonathan confirmed on a live Instagram stream today that Seth is moving. The next two episodes will be the last ones to be recorded at the Hobart studio.

whoaaaaaa no way

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
i was not prepared for this turn of events

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
No Sundance, no Hobart, no 2006 for life voicemail... This is UYD 2

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This is the closest I've come to thinking that the show is on its way out. It's not on its way out, but I cannot comprehend Seth living somewhere else.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Really happy for Seth. I hope having air conditioning doesn’t change him.

Feb 2, 2005
Weird. I would never have guessed that someone I've never met moving to a new place could have such an impact of me. I guess I felt like Seth on Hobart was a constant, like loving gravity or proton mass. Wow.

Very happy for him though! He's a deeply strange person and I love that he found a cozy niche in this world.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Allowing J to record in a place with AC will I reckon extend the show another 10 years.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hopefully he doesnt throw away all the stuff he's amassed over the years

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Depths posted:

Hopefully he doesnt throw away all the stuff he's amassed over the years

This is Seth we're talking about

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't believe for a second Seth would toss anything, though I will say on the video episodes I started noticing things in his apartment disappearing months ago.

Wonder if going through the archives actually started as him preparing to move and cataloging his stuff?

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
UYD: LaBeouffian Ultra Drama.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

GhostDog posted:

UYD: LaBeouffian Ultra Drama.

Turns out Shia was creating some of these himself irl

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah that was ill timed lmao

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Riptor posted:

This is Seth we're talking about

Yeah but I don't think his girlfriend is going to let him drag his road signs into her place.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"A man is whatever room he is in"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

They're bringing back "Night Court." Looks like Jonathan really is always gonna be the son of Dan Fielding.

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

JethroMcB posted:

RIPs

So weird seeing it like this! I wonder what their new spot is going to be like.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JethroMcB posted:

This legit makes me sad. Happy for Seth though.

Any idea how long he lived there? I've lived in six different places since I started listening to the podcast in 2012 lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

C-Euro posted:

Any idea how long he lived there? I've lived in six different places since I started listening to the podcast in 2012 lol

Close to 20 years iirc

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

C-Euro posted:

I know they've said it in the past, I feel like he'd been there for at least two or three years before they started doing the show.

In searching for the info I got this result, and I have to share it so that people know: Seth Romatelli is A Business.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

I know they've said it in the past, I feel like he'd been there for at least two or three years before they started doing the show.

In searching for the info I got this result, and I have to share it so that people know: Seth Romatelli is A Business.

oh yeah. seth wont be in the book anymore. wonder if they'll get a po box or something

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I Google mapped Seth's house and the Sundance is on Street View.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beastie posted:

I Google mapped Seth's house and the Sundance is on Street View.

It's parked in the same spot in the January 2011 picture. You can flip back to see when only the roof was rusted.

Hey, the algorithm didn't blur out his UYD sticker this time!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

mcvey posted:

Close to 20 years iirc

Jesus. I haven't lived anywhere for 20 straight years, not even the house where I grew up.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
It’d be interesting to find out how much the rent will get jacked up on his old place now that he is out. Wasn’t he in some pretty prime real estate?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

JethroMcB posted:

It's parked in the same spot in the January 2011 picture. You can flip back to see when only the roof was rusted.

Hey, the algorithm didn't blur out his UYD sticker this time!

God drat the dance is hosed up looking. Now that's a title car right there

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

is is a car of sincerity

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

Wow yeah, I knew it was bad but that is rough. Gives a whole new meaning to the story where he semi ambushed beyonce and her security (justifiably) was very aware of his presence haha.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
When seth used to do that bit about not going into the countryside and getting lost because he is safe at home in front of the tv. I always used to think about how J wasn't comfortable parking near his house and he had batteries and other stuff jacked from his car.

Hopefully, in his new place he can be slightly more confident in getting a newer car.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
What if they start recording at Jonathan’s place?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

There’s no way it would be clean enough to record with all the filming setup

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Wow yeah, I knew it was bad but that is rough. Gives a whole new meaning to the story where he semi ambushed beyonce and her security (justifiably) was very aware of his presence haha.

i listen to that clip every time it pops up and im always amazed he actually did it

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!

I think it's the most "crazy fan" Seth has ever gotten as far as I am aware.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There's that clip in one of the Seth's Clips compilations where a dude gets up in George W. Bush's face and just points at him and stares and it totally seems like a potential sethro move

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Riptor posted:

There's that clip in one of the Seth's Clips compilations where a dude gets up in George W. Bush's face and just points at him and stares and it totally seems like a potential sethro move

That's the very first clip in the very first volume. Sets the whole tone for everything to come.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
This year's Hollywood Black List is out.

https://files.blcklst.com/files/2020_black_list_v3.pdf

quote:

VIDEO NASTY by Chris Thomas Devlin
Three teenagers who rent a cursed VHS tape are pulled into an 80s slasher movie that threatens to trap them forever.

NOOOPE

WaitsUp
Sep 19, 2005
I used to be a deli sandwich

Binowru posted:

This year's Hollywood Black List is out.

https://files.blcklst.com/files/2020_black_list_v3.pdf

NOOOPE

Wow, I actually know one of the screenwriters on the list this year. Not one of the ones worthy of even mentioning on the show unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

quote:

THE SAUCE
Chaz Hawkins

A depressed, selfish black man fights for his life after taking a job at a white-owned beauty parlor, whose monstrous owners concocted a wildly popular shampoo that requires a sickening ingredient.
...what