Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

spaceblancmange posted:

The only thing I didn't like was you get a gun at a specific point but before that you can collect ammo and kill some armed looters but can't pick up the guns they drop. It's a deliberate design choice to not let you have a gun early, fine but I had to stop playing and google the issue thinking I had a bug.

Need to give it another playthrough soon.

the main thing that annoyed me was that the Alien learns based on what you do to ditch her, but if you simply outwait her and don't use any dirty tricks, she gains random awarenesses anyway to make sure the late game isn't too easy. this put me in a situation later on where it turned out that the noisemakers i had been holding onto for ~just this occasion~ had randomly become useless.

it's still a very good game, but man that was the fastest i have gone from in it to win it to dropping a game into the cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Apparently Brigador is free if you claim it through GOG Galaxy.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I've seen that reported as well but I can't find it as being free myself.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

tight aspirations posted:

Apparently Brigador is free if you claim it through GOG Galaxy.

Apparently it's either gone or only on a limited subset of installs.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

SlowBloke posted:

I just now opened it and it had a big banner saying it was free asking if I wanted to claim it.
Maybe try restarting Galaxy.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

OgNar posted:

I just now opened it and it had a big banner saying it was free asking if I wanted to claim it.
Maybe try restarting Galaxy.
Yeah, it's showing up on Galaxy again.

Also available at https://www.gog.com/#giveaway if you don't want to use Galaxy.

Merry christmas all!

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

Yeah, it's showing up on Galaxy again.

Also available at https://www.gog.com/#giveaway if you don't want to use Galaxy.

Merry christmas all!

Yep, that did the trick

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

SlowBloke posted:

Didn’t one of the devs turn out to be a horrible person?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kerbtree posted:

Didn’t one of the devs turn out to be a horrible person?

https://twitter.com/StellarJockeys/status/1275559933606424576

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Didn't we all turn out to be terrible people?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It's the deluxe version, even if you're not interested in the game, get that beautiful soundtrack.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Wow, can't more apologies be like that? I think that's probably the best thing that guy could have done/said.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, can't more apologies be like that? I think that's probably the best thing that guy could have done/said.

It’s a good apology except for the fact he said some heinous poo poo the same month he posted that. Which he doesn’t address there, instead implying that this is mostly old stuff. So it’s tough to take at face value.

That said, one person doing bad things in a closed space, even if that person is a co-founder, doesn’t mean the rest of the team shares those beliefs or would act that way.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Metro 2033 Redux is free on EGS today

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
have we reached the point where we’re not mashing free download buttons until we vet the backgrounds of each and every game dev? good luck finding a normal, functioning human among them all.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AARP LARPer posted:

have we reached the point where we’re not mashing free download buttons until we vet the backgrounds of each and every game dev? good luck finding a normal, functioning human among them all.

Fixed that for you

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah really hosed up someone doesn't want to play a game made by an admitted Nazi

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

site posted:

Yeah really hosed up someone doesn't want to play a game made by an admitted Nazi

Discussion for another place, but some people don't care about creators and artists etc personal lives

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Discussion for another place, but some people don't care about creators and artists etc personal lives

what spot on the forum do you normally go to talk about happily supporting neonazis and transphobes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it's a shame those creators can never extend that courtesy to anyone else

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Every time someone brings up that someone's a lovely person it's a matter of seconds before someone else jumps in with "Oh so we're supposed to check every single person in the world" and it's always the most loving obnoxious poo poo.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Discussion for another place, but some people don't care about creators and artists etc personal lives are okay with supporting Nazis and/or have the luxury of privilege to ignore it because it doesn't affect them personally

Fixed

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

AARP LARPer posted:

not saying some nazi bullshit is a pretty loving low bar and if someone doesn't clear it i appreciate being made aware of that, hth

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

njsykora posted:

Every time someone brings up that someone's a lovely person it's a matter of seconds before someone else jumps in with "Oh so we're supposed to check every single person in the world" and it's always the most loving obnoxious poo poo.

I'm sure there are people that ethically source every piece of entertainment they consume. That sounds somehow worse than raging against the email harvesting machine to get free games

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

They probably wouldn't be posting about how much they don't care if they actually didn't. Brigador's dude getting exposed was high profile enough that people have heard about it, and if that spoils the game for them then that's fine.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

I'm sure there are people that ethically source every piece of entertainment they consume. That sounds somehow worse than raging against the email harvesting machine to get free games

dude just pretend you missed that the guy admitted to being a horrible bigot and stop doubling down

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If the nazi no longer profits from the game because he's quit, I'm happy to support the team members that remain.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Given how vague "suspending my involvement" is, I wouldn't assume that he's no longer profiting from it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Elfface posted:

If the nazi no longer profits from the game because he's quit, I'm happy to support the team members that remain by redeeming a free game I won't play.

:hmmyes:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess that depends on whether the other devs were aware of what he was saying and whether they attempted to do anything about it before someone posted the deets and made it go too public for them to avoid

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Saddle up, people. It's high horse time. A goon's favorite time.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Almost makes the free games not worth it.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Was that it for the UBI freebies?
Like 2 DLCs for games i dont own and 1 game?

Not that I expect them to give stuff for the whole month or anything.
Just wondering if I'm missing something.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I personally don't police every piece of media I consume but if something is pointed out I don't ignore it. So I appreciate it being pointed out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OgNar posted:

Was that it for the UBI freebies?
Like 2 DLCs for games i dont own and 1 game?

It was three games: Anno 1701, Starlink, and Trials Rising.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

flatluigi posted:

dude just pretend you missed that the guy admitted to being a horrible bigot and stop doubling down

TGLT posted:

They probably wouldn't be posting about how much they don't care if they actually didn't. Brigador's dude getting exposed was high profile enough that people have heard about it, and if that spoils the game for them then that's fine.

First off, if you're replying this way simply to get a rise, you can gently caress right off. For this specific case, other than this discussion in this thread, I don't know or care who this guy is. Since it has been brought to attention, I now know(still mostly a generic video game guy, but whatever) and don't jump to "happily support" them, if I even remember this when when I click on the gimme free game button. More generally though, whats the line for what media creators I need to vet before I can enjoy them properly and responsibly? Hearing a new song on the radio do I need to quick look up who it is and get their loving life story before the song ends or else I'm complicit? How far back is the statute of limitations on media? is there a line to burn my CDs and books that have problematic associations over the years?

I swear I'm not trying to be a dick or anti-snowflake or whatever label y'all seem to be applying. Obviously when things like this come up people sometimes pay attention or learn things. If it's priveledge that I don't feel the need to dig deep into every piece of media before it, then I don't even know. This is what I meant by a discussion for another place, not the free game thread

Back to not reading and just looking for links to click on, gently caress it

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

It was three games: Anno 1701, Starlink, and Trials Rising.

Oh, right.
Forgot about Starlink.
Thats likely the one that I will play.
They have multiple versions on their store.
Hard to tell which one was the freebie, since it has a different banner pic then the others.
But looks ok.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The Brigador drama turned into such an insane clusterfuck here that the Brigador thread was permanently closed lmao.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Cool, free Briga--

welp, this is complicated. Is there a thread where goons debate the ethical consumption of games? I'm a bit curious about supporting large studios. Aside from the more obvious "supporting an evil corporation," the larger the business, the greater the chance that you're indirectly supporting all kinds of jerks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Well, there was a tweet posted for people's edification in this thread, requiring no research time investment on your part, and your post was "some people don't care" so I'm not sure what all these words are about