Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just named mine Boco. ...-bo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Taquito is cool, strong and my friend. I hosed up dying her purple so now she's slate grey.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think mad max had just come out and I was pumped enough to name my choco Rictus
:perfect:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I often forget Algernon exists :shobon:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My chocobo is Bowie who will never quite be sufficiently flamboyant because he refuses to be Rolanberry Red instead of Dalamud Red.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

My chocobo is Hotspur because I couldn't think of anything else and I also can't pass up an opportunity for a Shakespearean reference (and also soccer.)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I called mine Parthimal to go with the whole paladinly vibe. I should rename it something more French sounding though, because my boy is an Ishgardian Elezen.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mine is Cirrus, and he's snow white, and a good bird

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Going with the weather names, Nor'easter (sky blue)

There should be more open world group content, seeing 8 'bos on the battlefield is great

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So I recently resubbed and logged in and decided not to play GNB anymore, so I opted to try out DRK. Obviously I'm relearning how this game works and what not and I'm doing deep dungeons/guildhests/roulettes to level and learn DRK. I left off just before the Tsukuyomi primal fight in the MSQ, how much more to go do I have before breaking into Shadowbringers?

Also is there a list of items I can safely throw away or something, I feel like I have too much junk.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So I recently resubbed and logged in and decided not to play GNB anymore, so I opted to try out DRK. Obviously I'm relearning how this game works and what not and I'm doing deep dungeons/guildhests/roulettes to level and learn DRK. I left off just before the Tsukuyomi primal fight in the MSQ, how much more to go do I have before breaking into Shadowbringers?

Also is there a list of items I can safely throw away or something, I feel like I have too much junk.

You're not far - that fight is in patch 4.3, and 4.4 is when you start seeing the Shadowbringers prelude story, so you've probably got a few hours *at most* until you're in ShB proper.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if its like crafting materials check their price on the mb and sell/vendor appropriately

if its like old gear it will only be useful for glams so either that or gc seals/desynth

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why did they make all the nier raid gear look like absolute poo poo on male characters?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why did they make all the nier raid gear look like absolute poo poo on male characters?

The only male character in Automata that you have the option to look like, looks like a twelve-year-old boy in shorts, so… not really a lot of options there.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i feel like in general they just put more effort into female gear.

when the game is 80% cat girls you gotta know your audience

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://twitter.com/MintXIV/status/1341289557812277250?s=20

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

my chocobos name is goku

The button-up jackets from Copied Factory and heavy longcoats from Puppet's Bunker look pretty good imo, hoping whatever the 5.5 raid is will bring the assault armor from later in automata

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

explain smooth rock

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Kerrzhe posted:

explain smooth rock

https://twitter.com/Spainst8ofmind/...ingawful.com%2F

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

explain smooth rock
https://twitter.com/Spainst8ofmind/status/1341096496268259328

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Reminds me of the time they had to do emergency maintenance to evacuate a stuck 'bo lol

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So they're performing emergency maintenance on Famfrit because there's a level 0 chocobo in BLM barding stuck in the Rak'Tika Greatwood?

How does something so specific like that even happen

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

My companion is named Cat.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

teasing a final fantasy vii remake tie-in event i assume

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Wasn't it a meme that 1.0 rocks were so detailed that it would make the game crash?

We've come full circle...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

drat i can't believe i missed out on smooth rock

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

drat i can't believe i missed out on smooth rock

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1341465274386698240

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Need a recut of the 5.4 trailer where they're all surprised by smooth rocks

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Wasn't it a meme that 1.0 rocks were so detailed that it would make the game crash?

We've come full circle...

the standard meme slash literally true fact is that a single flowerpot in 1.0 had as many polygons as a player character model

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Reminds me of the time they had to do emergency maintenance to evacuate a stuck 'bo lol
My favorite emergency maintenance was because on an Aether server, Grassman in Rak'tika wouldn't stop casting Chest Thump so he was endlessly getting damage up buff stacks while using a 25y+ aoe attack

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You're pretty close to Shadowbringers, just a couple more dungeons and a bunch of chores before you're there.

For you inventory, you can just dump crafting materials, you tend to pick up a lot from fighting random mobs. Unless you have some huge stacks from purposefully grinding the past or gathering, it's not worth checking the MB, most stuff goes for a pittance. Old gear you can either sell or stuff in the glamour dresser.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Did any other FF game have "bo" as slang for chocobo or is that a Kojifox special

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Good news!

https://www.xivmodarchive.com/modid/22462

It's back.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

My rule of thumb is that if I don't remember it being valuable, needed for anything immediately, or being hard to get, then it can be tossed because it's clearly not relevant enough to be worth stressing about.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/NovaFunBun/status/1341461236991455232?s=19

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You're 1 trial, 2 dungeons, and about 30ish quests away from ShB. As for junk items, depending on how long ago you last played before you resubbed you might still have the items for upgrading poetics gear (eg. carbontwine, carboncoat for upgrading ironworks gear, darkest gobtwine and darkest gobcoat for shire gear, scaevan ester for scaevan gear, etc.), which are now defunct and can be safely thrown away. Anything else, you should stuff in a retainer if you have space, or see if it's worth anything on the market board.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 23, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Me a few hours ago: Well, since I have miner to 80, I should probably seriously work on a crafter. Let's try goldsmith so I can gather mats.

Me now:

oh

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Me a few hours ago: Well, since I have miner to 80, I should probably seriously work on a crafter. Let's try goldsmith so I can gather mats.

Me now:

oh

I hope you're not trying to do it via just brute forcing crafting.
(Got my GSM/ALC/WVR to like level 67 in a week or so, though I had a bunch of left over stuff from other crafters)...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The last 20 levels were all done in the span of half an hour in the Firmament

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive been slowly doing the ivalice raid series and i just got introduced to fran, whose name i assume is short for 'franservice' because 90% of the cutscene introducing her was her butt, her boobs, her feet, or her feet and butt at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

The last 20 levels were all done in the span of half an hour in the Firmament

Huh, didn't have that much efficiency leveling there, but I've only done it for 60+.
I'll probably just laze it out and do mostly beast tribe quests + weekly deliveries for the rest.
Amount of ingredients most crafting needs at higher levels is exhausting.

ive been slowly doing the ivalice raid series and i just got introduced to fran, whose name i assume is short for 'franservice' because 90% of the cutscene introducing her was her butt, her boobs, her feet, or her feet and butt at the same time.

She is actually an FFXII character... and yeah, she basically looks like that there, too.