Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

I'm fine with this as long as the person on the e-bike feels ashamed.

I live in fear of the inevitable day when someone on an ebike comes up behind me on a steep climb and dings their little "get out of the way" bell at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Weembles posted:

I live in fear of the inevitable day when someone on an ebike comes up behind me on a steep climb and dings their little "get out of the way" bell at me.

Your ebike riders are nicer then mine, mine just rip by on the left without so much as a fart

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I've only ever gotten passed on my ebike, but that be because in full dress with both kids on it the bike is north of 160lbs.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Weembles posted:

Well if you weren't in the way...

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

But E- bikes make it so much easier to do 50km/hour in the bike lane while checking Instagram.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

I ride my e-bullitt everywhere and gently caress That.

Twerk from Home posted:

I've only ever gotten passed on my ebike, but that be because in full dress with both kids on it the bike is north of 160lbs.

heck yes. with the kids on mine its probably around ~75kg and so really, gently caress pedaling that up anything.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 22, 2020

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Any decent gravel or road biking (ha) around Tampa? :ohdear:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Hutch/status/1325155298726670338?s=20

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

gamera009 posted:

Any decent gravel or road biking (ha) around Tampa? :ohdear:

Around or in? I haven't lived there in 10 years, but living in South Tampa for a few years the only place I felt safe riding a bike was on paths or Davis Island. Like most places in Florida the drivers will kill you without a second thought. St. Pete always felt safer to ride on the roads than anywhere on the Tampa side of the bay.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

VacaGrande posted:

Around or in? I haven't lived there in 10 years, but living in South Tampa for a few years the only place I felt safe riding a bike was on paths or Davis Island. Like most places in Florida the drivers will kill you without a second thought. St. Pete always felt safer to ride on the roads than anywhere on the Tampa side of the bay.

I started going down to the Tampa area a few years back for baseball spring training and the little perfunctory bike lanes they paint at the side of a four lane highway seem like death traps.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

roadies definitely don’t have a big enough rear end in a top hat reputation, better add to it a bit

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Perfect example of STDH.txt

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Smdh that anyone could mistake my sleek road bike for a hideous betumored ebike.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
this is why i like my flat-bar town bike which inexplicably has a high gear of 53/14, which is a great choice if you love wind resistance

also ebikes should, as a courtesy, provide drafts for suffering roadies on climbs imo

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
If you can draft it’s not a climb imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Pretty sure I can draft you from the other side of a climb

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

e.pilot posted:

Bruh you're not powering up everything at 400w what kinda roadie are you even?

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Pretty sure I can draft you from the other side of a climb

:hmmyes:

evil_bunnY posted:

Bruh you're not powering up everything at 400w what kinda roadie are you even?

not sure if :thejoke: or you’ve not seen my rides :unsmith:

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

VacaGrande posted:

Around most likely. I’d be looking at living south of Tampa proper (but closer to the Cigar City brewery) or in St. Pete.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
got a replacement elemnt bolt from wahoo and they (accidentally?) upgraded from the basic unit to one with the speed, cadence and tickr sensors. hope this one doesnt fail in two months like the first one did!

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003

gamera009 posted:

Around most likely. I’d be looking at living south of Tampa proper (but closer to the Cigar City brewery) or in St. Pete.

Unrelated to bikes, relying on the bridges across the bay to get to work every day (if you'd have to) is a gamble. Traffic on the bridges can get really bad. Despite my feelings about Florida in general, I liked living in South Tampa (near Howard Ave south of Kennedy Blvd) for the 6 years I was there. I could walk to lots of stuff like restaurants, the grocery store, and the bay, and it felt like a neighborhood. The houses are older and more my taste, although more of them are getting knocked down for McMansions. There are other neighborhoods around town that have that sort of feel but I haven't lived there in a while so I couldn't say for sure today.

Bike-wise, it really wasn't a good place to ride and probably still isn't. I'd be looking at group rides for safety in numbers (post-covid, obvs) if I was going to do much riding outside of the paths, the roads are not friendly. There is some fun MTBing at Alafia State Park in the south part of Hillsborough County and some really good trails at Santos about 60 minutes north near Ocala.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That $8k specialized road ebike that weighs 25lbs tho

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

e.pilot posted:

not sure if :thejoke: or you’ve not seen my rides :unsmith:

I've seen enough :colbert:

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

VacaGrande posted:

Unrelated to bikes, relying on the bridges across the bay to get to work every day (if you'd have to) is a gamble. Traffic on the bridges can get really bad. Despite my feelings about Florida in general, I liked living in South Tampa (near Howard Ave south of Kennedy Blvd) for the 6 years I was there. I could walk to lots of stuff like restaurants, the grocery store, and the bay, and it felt like a neighborhood. The houses are older and more my taste, although more of them are getting knocked down for McMansions. There are other neighborhoods around town that have that sort of feel but I haven't lived there in a while so I couldn't say for sure today.

Bike-wise, it really wasn't a good place to ride and probably still isn't. I'd be looking at group rides for safety in numbers (post-covid, obvs) if I was going to do much riding outside of the paths, the roads are not friendly. There is some fun MTBing at Alafia State Park in the south part of Hillsborough County and some really good trails at Santos about 60 minutes north near Ocala.

Thanks for the info. I was really disappointed in the lack of biking infrastructure. They said there was mountain biking outside of town, so hopefully it’s something I can take the gravel bike on.

It’s a shame the opportunity is one that really can’t say “no” to haha. :smith:

Not that I’m complaining. I’m happy enough to have the chance to be interviewed, let alone actually be employed.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003

gamera009 posted:

Thanks for the info. I was really disappointed in the lack of biking infrastructure. They said there was mountain biking outside of town, so hopefully it’s something I can take the gravel bike on.

It’s a shame the opportunity is one that really can’t say “no” to haha. :smith:

Not that I’m complaining. I’m happy enough to have the chance to be interviewed, let alone actually be employed.

Glad it's a good opportunity, those are hard to come by right now! Happy to give you any info I can if you want to ping me, PM or ask that other guy for my email.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

VacaGrande posted:

Glad it's a good opportunity, those are hard to come by right now! Happy to give you any info I can if you want to ping me, PM or ask that other guy for my email.

Well, if I get the job, you can also just pop by the brewery to visit when you visit FL again.

I’ll see if I get the job first, then I’ll probably bug you for more details.

Sticky Date
Apr 4, 2009
Pimp my bike.

Some pretty lairy bikes in here, suggestions for cages, bar tape, saddle bag, what else?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I wouldn't change anything except going to a smaller black saddle bag.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

kimbo305 posted:

I wouldn't change anything except going to a smaller black saddle bag.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Well this is new one for me.

I'll probably hold off until it's time for new sealant since I'm not gonna be outside until March probably.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Do you not have a valve tool? That’s like a 10second fix, it’ll take longer to pump the tire back up than to swap the core out.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

e.pilot posted:

Do you not have a valve tool? That’s like a 10second fix, it’ll take longer to pump the tire back up than to swap the core out.

I don't have a spare core.

I guess what I was primarily getting at is I'm just gonna wait until i yank it out anyway for when I pop the tire off for tubeless cleaning. I could grab one from a tube I guess.

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

To be honest I'm just a lazy bum and I didn't think of popping the core for one from a tube and I didn't want to admit it to look cooler on the internet.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Still trying to decide if I'm gonna gently caress around with doing the F500 this year or not. I'm off work til Jan 4th, so I've got plenty of time (plus I added a gravel bike to the collection since last year's) and the forecast looks pretty good, so I don't have a lot of reason NOT to. But I also kinda just wanna be a lazy piece of poo poo during the break. Decisions, decisions.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You finished it last year in the most insane way possible and they aren't even sending out badges this year so of all people you should get a guilt free pass.

But you should do it anyway if only so you can eat whatever you want during the holidays.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Haha, thanks! By the time I got my badge last year, I'd completely forgotten about it. I did it for the internet bragging rightslove of the game.

I'll probably use the same approach as last year, where I put off deciding until tomorrow then spend the first 3-4 days trying to rack enough miles that I'd be mad at myself for not finishing the drat thing. Hopefully it this year will involve less snow and/or park laps

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If you resort to park laps livestream it on periscope.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anything for an attaboy!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i would every time except im always listening to techno tunes so i can never hear the praise/damnation fellow trail users usher upon me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Due to the lack of anything from Rapha this year I made stickers I’ll send to the first few goons that finish fwiw.

There’s also this aliexpress kit if anyone wants to buy a china kit
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000564255913.html